Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:21:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion  (Read 202700 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2009, 10:29:34 AM »

I thought I read a gun was found

McNair was shot 3 times and the woman just once

sounds like she shot him

maybe he was breaking the affair off with her or something........

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #181 on: July 05, 2009, 12:32:10 PM »

I thought I read a gun was found

McNair was shot 3 times and the woman just once

sounds like she shot him

maybe he was breaking the affair off with her or something........

Oh man D, you could be right.  I was hoping no gun...but, a killer still could have just left the gun there.  Damn, no good ending to this at all. Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2009, 04:00:33 PM »

Awful stuff.

He was a heluva tough guy to play against.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2009, 08:28:54 AM »

Okay, Mr. Favre had said announcement by July 30th...but "inside sources" last week said he was going to announce by today!  Make it happen Brett!!!!!!!!!!!  beer  beer  beer  beer (4 beers for #4!)

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2009, 08:13:43 PM »

Regis: Is that your final answer?  hihi

Vikings coach says Favre not coming back

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI, AP Sports Writer 1 hour, 2 minutes ago

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)?Brett Favre(notes) has handed the Minnesota Vikings one more loss.

The 39-year-old Favre called Vikings coach Brad Childress on Tuesday to tell the coach he won?t be coming out of retirement to play for Minnesota.

?It was the hardest decision I?ve ever made,? Favre told ESPN. ?I didn?t feel like physically I could play at a level that was acceptable. I would like to thank everyone, including the Packers, Jets and Vikings?but, most importantly, the fans.?

The decision, which was first reported by the Star Tribune of Minneapolis, is a stunning blow for the Vikings after they openly courted Favre all summer. Adding Favre would have been viewed by many as the final piece for a team that already has star running back Adrian Peterson and a stingy veteran defense that returns nearly intact from last year?s NFC North title season.

?It was a rare and unique opportunity to consider adding not only a future Hall of Fame quarterback but one that is very familiar with our system and division,? Childress said in a prepared statement. ?That does not detract from the team that we have.?

Last year, Favre tearfully retired from the Green Bay Packers after 17 seasons in the NFL and three MVP awards?then made an about-face and played for the New York Jets. He retired again, had surgery in May to alleviate a torn biceps tendon and then flirted with the idea of coming back again with the Vikings, the Packers? NFC North rival.

?When I heard the news, I was probably as surprised and shocked as everybody else,? linebacker Ben Leber(notes) told The Associated Press in a phone interview. ?The writing on the wall was as long as his arm was healthy he was going to play. I thought it was just a contractual deal that was taking so long and I really expected him to be at camp. So I was really surprised.?

After two months of rehab, Favre told Childress he didn?t think he had enough in him to get through a full season.

?I had to be careful not to commit for the wrong reasons,? Favre said. ?They were telling me, ?You went through all this, you had the surgery and you?ve got to finish it off.? But I have legitimate reasons for my decision. I?m 39 with a lot of sacks to my name.?

Now Childress has some damage control to do with Tarvaris Jackson(notes) and Sage Rosenfels(notes), the two veterans who were expected to compete for the job before the latest Favre drama began.

Jackson and Rosenfels were peppered with questions about Favre during the team?s minicamps this summer. It already was a testy situation for them to deal with, and now they will likely face a whole new set of inquiries with the job up for grabs again.

Jackson?s agent, Joel Segal, said he spoke to his client shortly after the news broke.

?He was his usual cool, calm and collected self,? Segal said. ?He said, ?Great, let?s get ready for camp.??

Favre holds almost every NFL career passing record that matters, including touchdown passes (464), completions (5,720), yards passing (65,127), regular-season victories (169) and interceptions (310). Many thought he could help the Vikings land that elusive Super Bowl championship, even if he was reviled by fans here during his incredible run across the state line in Wisconsin.

Favre instead passed on a chance for revenge on GM Ted Thompson and the Packers, whom he felt gave up on him too soon when deciding to move forward last summer with quarterback Aaron Rodgers(notes). He was sent instead to the Jets, where he appeared rejuvenated early in the season before arm problems arose. He threw nine interceptions in the final five weeks and the Jets finished the year 1-4 to miss the playoffs.

Vikings players will begin arriving in Mankato for training camp on Wednesday, with a mandatory reporting day of Thursday and the first practice on Friday.

Childress has said he believes the Vikings will be good with or without Favre.

?As we have consistently communicated, we feel good about our team and they have put forth a tremendous effort this offseason preparing for the season ahead,? he said. ?With this behind us, we look forward to getting to Mankato and getting training camp under way.?

Of course, this is Favre, which means there always could be the possibility that he will change his mind. As far as Leber is concerned, however, there?s no turning back now.

?In my mind this should be the end of it,? he said. ?To be respectful of the players that are involved and the team as a whole, you have to put an end to this and you can?t let it linger on.?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #185 on: July 28, 2009, 10:04:11 PM »

The, "FUCKIN' A! GOD DAMMIT!!" you just heard today came from my residence in Delaware.   rant

Give me Michael Vick's fucking phone number.  $10 mill offered to Brett?  I'll give $2 mill. to Vick and lock him up (no pun intended) to a 3 year deal with incentives. 

Sage Rosenfels better beat out Tarvaris.  I will shit a brick and be even more pissed off if Tarvaris is my team's starting quarterback.  Hell, I'd take Booty over Tarvaris.   rant  rant  rant

Blutarsky, I thought you said you wouldn't piss me off on topics not political!   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2009, 10:13:56 PM »

Favre said he doesn't think his body could take a full season

if Minnesota start slow, look for Favre to join Minnesota week 6-8

I think he just doesn't want to go to training camp.

I think he will play. U don't have the surgery and do all that not to.

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2009, 12:16:07 AM »

Cry Sad Day. Longtime Eagles Defensive Coordinator Jim Johnson died.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2009, 12:21:02 AM »

Cry Sad Day. Longtime Eagles Defensive Coordinator Jim Johnson died.
Really?  Wow, hadn't heard that.  RIP.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2009, 10:38:05 AM »

Favre said he doesn't think his body could take a full season

if Minnesota start slow, look for Favre to join Minnesota week 6-8

I think he just doesn't want to go to training camp.

I think he will play. U don't have the surgery and do all that not to.

I hope not but it makes scense....

He had a good first half with the jets last year then the wheels fell off.. He could have a good 8 weeks towards the end of the season to get the vikings a wild card spot...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2009, 10:06:17 AM »

FORBES magazine named Vick The Dick #1 on it's 'most disliked people in sports.'

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=Ah.xeLMu37JqAyj8zqNV_xhDubYF?slug=ys-forbesdisliked073009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Here are the top 10:

1. Michael Vick
2. Manny Ramirez
3. Alex Rodriguez
4. Terrell Owens
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Allen Iverson
7. Isiah Thomas
8. Stephon Marbury
9. Nick Saban
10. John McEnroe

I'd say that's a pretty good list of people that are disliked. They are all big time jerks!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #191 on: August 01, 2009, 10:33:03 PM »

Drew, I'll agree on #'s 1 through 9...but no way in hell would I put John McEnroe on that list.  He is the best tennis announcer ever...period.  Maybe 30 years ago people could put him on a list like that for acting immaturely on the tennis court, but the guy has been amazing for a long time. 

btw, Vick is nowhere near #1 on my list.  Yes, while killing anaimals is sick and fucked up, I have much more disdain for people who hurt people.  Hey, that sounds like a song..."People...people who hurt...people..."   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2009, 08:43:42 AM »

btw, Vick is nowhere near #1 on my list.

I wouldn't put Vick at #1 on the list either. People like T.O., Kobe Bryant, Queen James hihi, Chad Johnson(or whatever he calls himself now) could all take the #1 spot easily if it were up to me. You are right about the pro leagues allowing many other jerks to continue to play their sport after committing a lot more horrific crimes, than say dog fighting. Although, I would love it so much for no team on any level to hire him and let him slip into oblivion for all I care. Let him go do construction work or work at a McDonald's now.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2009, 01:11:56 PM »

Holy shit!  My Tarvaris Jackson voodoo doll works!  It really works!!  I guess I just didn't push the pin in hard enough, it's only a grade 1 tear...he'll be back at practice next week. Sad   I hope Rosenfels tears it up while Turdvaris is on the sideline.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2009, 04:55:32 PM »

Cheers to the grand jury for indicting Burress. Now I hope this guy does some serious time in prison.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #195 on: August 04, 2009, 06:03:16 PM »

Cheers to the grand jury for indicting Burress. Now I hope this guy does some serious time in prison.

I think the max is 3 1/2 years, right?  He deserves 3 years.  I heard Bloomberg said it a few years back. 

Some guys get bad raps unfairly...Plaxico's earned his bad rap.  I still can't believe Tom Coughlin covered up his shit for so long.  No, missed practices and/or late to practices shouldn't earn you jail time, but what an idiot. 

He's famous though, so he'll probably only get 18 months...he deserves at least 3 years.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #196 on: August 04, 2009, 08:06:42 PM »

Why does he deserve 3 years when all he did was shoot himself in the leg and some fucker like Stallworth gets 28 days?

After what has happened to Sean Taylor, Carl Landry, Vernon Forrest etc. I don't blame athletes for carrying weapons.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #197 on: August 04, 2009, 09:11:16 PM »

Why does he deserve 3 years when all he did was shoot himself in the leg and some fucker like Stallworth gets 28 days?

After what has happened to Sean Taylor, Carl Landry, Vernon Forrest etc. I don't blame athletes for carrying weapons.

D, he broke the law.  Not just any law.  He carried a concealed, unlicensed firearm into Manhattan.  Mayor Bloomberg himself had announced prior to this ever happening that if somebody does this, they will be arrested and in jail a minimum of 3 years...no matter who you are. 
Plaxico Burress is not above the law.

Stallworth's case is something completely different, apples and oranges, and obviously he got a joke of a sentence.

D, I don't blame athletes for protecting themselves...if they're licensed to do so!  This fucking idiot should know better.  Isn't his wife a lawyer?  I'm not sure about that, but it's not like he didn't know.  Besides, if you're pulling in millions of dollars a year, hangin' in da clubz late at night is flat-out stupid, sorry.   

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #198 on: August 04, 2009, 09:50:54 PM »

I get the law and all that but what was he gonna do? Hold up the club?

i just think it is ridiculous in this case.

3 years for this?

I don't think this is exactly what they had in mind when making the law.

I think it was more to discourage people from getting drunk and  handling a weapon and killing someone for looking at their girlfriend.

I don't think there was any danger of Plax doing that.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #199 on: August 04, 2009, 11:45:34 PM »

I don't think they take intent into account when these situations occur.  If I bring a bomb onto a plane without any plans to detonate it, is that alright?

The guy broke the law, he had no license to carry/own the gun.  If he had taken that one crucial step he may have a leg to stand on.  But he's a famous athlete and apparently thinks the law doesn't apply to him.

I'm still bitter he caught that pass in the Super Bowl 2 years back.  He should've been arrested for grand larceny right THEN and there.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: