Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 07:25:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion  (Read 189644 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #700 on: January 22, 2010, 09:54:28 AM »

Lookin' like a fool with yo pants on da ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONmEVro8Fog&feature=player_embedded
Jimmy Fallon NAILS the Neil Young impression here.  How did they never utilize this on SNL?  NBC showing their stupidity once again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2WfUzNYPwo

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #701 on: January 22, 2010, 09:57:11 AM »

Lookin' like a fool with yo pants on da ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONmEVro8Fog&feature=player_embedded
Jimmy Fallon NAILS the Neil Young impression here.  How did they never utilize this on SNL?  NBC showing their stupidity once again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2WfUzNYPwo

He sounds better than the man himself.  I shit my panties when I saw that last week.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #702 on: January 22, 2010, 04:17:43 PM »

The nice thing is that most of the possible SB matchups are pretty good:

NO vs Indy:  You expect an exciting, GREAT game, with 2 great QB's.

MN vs Indy:  Favre vs Peyton...'nuff said.

MN vs Jets:  New Favre team vs Old Favre team....and there is certainly some animosity between the Jets team/front office and Favre. Smiley

NO vs Jets:  The least interesting potential matchup.....but you'd have one of the NFL's best offenses vs one of the NFL's best defenses.  That, at least, makes it somewhat interesting.

The Jets would love revenge on Farve or NO. Farve for how he left and came back. NO for the drubbing they took in week 4.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #703 on: January 22, 2010, 05:18:13 PM »

lets not get ahead of ourselves with the Jets yet, they still havent beaten anyone but a Colts team who let them win, a so so Bengals team and a Chargers team coached by Norv Turner.  In order to beat the Colts they will have to get to Peyton Manning, something nobody does, and something they couldnt do the last time they played them.  If Manning has time to throw the Colts will win, if the Jets can get to him they have a shot at winning.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #704 on: January 22, 2010, 08:33:03 PM »

Once again, Colts only led 15-10..... so, who is to say Jets don't win anyway?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #705 on: January 22, 2010, 09:15:19 PM »

Once again, Colts only led 15-10..... so, who is to say Jets don't win anyway?

Exactly! Everyone acts like the Colts were murdering the Jets in the first game before they pulled their starters. The Jets were in striking distance. Doing what they do best keep the opponent close then strike late in the game.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #706 on: January 23, 2010, 10:26:08 AM »

It was no different than the SD game.. SD seemed to be in control of the Jets also and then the Jets came through.. So, people who watched, Indy struggled moving the ball on that Jet defense.

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #707 on: January 24, 2010, 12:02:15 PM »

The Indy-Jets game was so overblown! The JETS were freakin' winning for a bit 10-9 with the Colts starters IN! People love to jump on any least little thing and blow it out of proportion.  The Colts could see that the Jets were pushing this game with everything they had and they decided, fuck it, it's not worth Payton getting hurt.  It wasn't a blow-out by far and the Jets were on point the whole game....and they didn't take Payton and crew out till in the third quarter.

Regardless let them hate.....win or lose we hung in there and beat the "favored hottest team in the NFL" Chargers and kicked some ass this year.  Not bad for what I'd call a rebuilding year.

So in closing.....

J E T S JETS JETS JETS

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #708 on: January 24, 2010, 06:14:04 PM »

Colts win, 30-17! Good-bye NY!  Grin

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #709 on: January 24, 2010, 06:48:23 PM »

Colts win, 30-17! Good-bye NY!  Grin

They hung in there even after losing 3 players during the game. Losing Strickland and Greene was big. Can't lose two guys as good as that and expect to win. The name of the other player they lost escapes me. Jets will be back they're too good on both sides of the ball to not be good for awhile. Sanchez will continue to improve. I was actually impressed with how he played today. He just made that one mistake that sealed it. Besides that he played very very well.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #710 on: January 24, 2010, 10:21:02 PM »

Fuck you Brett Favre, please retire finally. Now i have to listen to the stupid Saints fans with their who dat garbage. Wtf is that anyway. It sounds so stupid.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #711 on: January 24, 2010, 10:42:30 PM »

Fuck you Brett Favre, please retire finally. Now i have to listen to the stupid Saints fans with their who dat garbage. Wtf is that anyway. It sounds so stupid.

not really Favre's fault IMO

Peterson closing his arms too soon, Harvin fumble and Berrian fumble crushed them.. shouldn't have came down to that last pick

minnesota should've won by 2 or 3 tds.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #712 on: January 24, 2010, 10:47:02 PM »

Peterson closing his arms too soon, Harvin fumble and Berrian fumble crushed them.. shouldn't have came down to that last pick

x1000.  ugh, I feel like I've been repeatedly kicked in the balls.   crying  crying  crying  crying Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #713 on: January 24, 2010, 10:48:12 PM »

Go Saints!  I'd like to announce I've become an honorary Saints fan for the last 2 weeks.  They were the lesser of 4 evils.  Whatever it takes, deny those Colts.

However, New Orleans got kind of lucky tonight.  They were pretty much completely outplayed in that game.  If it wasn't for the FIVE turnovers by Minnesota.  You can't expect to win many games when you give up the ball that much.  Yet, they should've won.  They were in fringe field goal range at the end of the 4th until they self destructed, 2 runs for ZERO yards, a five yard penalty, and an INT.  The Saints offense looked quite average, credit to the Vikings defense.  But, in the end New Orleans moves on.

Colts offense looked mighty impressive against a very good Jets defense today.  I'd expect them to have no problem moving the ball and scoring against a much worse Saints defense.  The Saints are gonna have to continue to force turnovers to make up for what they lack on the defensive side if they want to win.  Manning/Addai aren't exactly Favre/Peterson when it comes to turnovers.

Should be a good game though.  Hopefully.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #714 on: January 24, 2010, 10:50:46 PM »

Bullshit its not. If he doesn't throw that ball and runs its a chipshot field goal. He could've ran 10-15 yards.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #715 on: January 24, 2010, 10:51:31 PM »

I don't think it was Favre's fault either.  Although that last INT was "vintage" Favre throwing across his body to the other side of the field.  Just not a smart throw.  But, he was put in an awful spot there with the 2 stuffed runs and too many men of the field penalty.  It was actually a pretty sloppy game.  Both teams made many mistakes, Vikings just made more and more costly ones in the end and that was the difference.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #716 on: January 24, 2010, 10:52:54 PM »

Bullshit its not. If he doesn't throw that ball and runs its a chipshot field goal. He could've ran 10-15 yards.
Yeah but the guy could barely move, with all the hits he was taking.  There's no guarantee he would've gained anywhere near 10 yards.  He's never been a scrambling QB, especially now when he's 39 and limping on and off the field.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #717 on: January 24, 2010, 10:59:41 PM »

Listen to u Timothy repeating the announcers Bullshit

Jonathan Vilma or one of the Saints linebackers was right there waiting to pursue as soon as Favre crossed line.. He had a busted ankle...... just ridiculous to think he could've ran that ball

The true tragedy is the OT rules

FG's should be outlawed in OT

or that BS pass interference when the ball was way over the head of Thomas and Thomas fucking flopped like Vlade Divac in the paint.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #718 on: January 24, 2010, 11:17:56 PM »

He should've just thrown it away then if he didn't think he could run. At least then the FG team would've had a shot. Thanks to his bonehead move they didn't even have a shot. You're right D, that pass interference call was HORRIBLE. Not only was it uncatchable but i didn't see any contact, maybe i missed something on the replay? Anyone? I also don't think the Saints got that first down and i don't think that was a catch. I don't think he had control. Faldor you're right it was a very sloppy game all around. I just would like to know what the hell Favre was thinking with that throw! He looked like the Favre of old in this game. Way too many mistakes by the Vikings and Favre. I'm just frustrated that i now i have to listen to Saints fans for two weeks and their who dat crap. Hopefully in two weeks the answer will be Manning kicking our butts.  hihi
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #719 on: January 24, 2010, 11:22:33 PM »

Seems fitting that the two teams that were fighting for perfection all season long are now gonna fight each other for the championship.  Cool

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: