Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 09:50:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion  (Read 191639 times)
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #580 on: January 09, 2010, 07:54:55 PM »

It's 6:54 pm on a Saturday and win or lose, Braylon Edwards STILL sucks.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #581 on: January 09, 2010, 08:02:21 PM »

Fuck, Laverneus Coles left NY how long ago?  His fumble on the first drive really fucked Cincy.
NY's big boys came to play...O-line and D-line were fucking impressive.
Carson Palmer looked like shit even when he wasn't under pressure.
Shayne Graham should have been fired after that missed chip-shot.  He should have been made to exit through the fans' exit.  That was pathetic.

I am pissed!  Lost $5 to my bro-in-law!  On a positive note, he's a huge Jets fan, and it made the win that much more satisfying for him.   yes

Well, I guess my prediction for the Eagles may really fuck their chances tonight!   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #582 on: January 09, 2010, 11:21:56 PM »

J--E--T--S Jets Jets Jets Jets!!!!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #583 on: January 10, 2010, 12:37:08 AM »

My picks were awesome!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #584 on: January 10, 2010, 02:53:00 AM »

I was wrong on both games.

And man, today's action in the NFL was a snoozefest!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #585 on: January 10, 2010, 03:01:50 AM »

Just got back from partying it up at the bars in Cincy! Game was awesome for us Jets fans, Sanchez came alive for us! Ps not sure if anyone was listening during the fourth quarter, but my section started a J-E-T-S Jets, Jets Jets chant that my dad called and said he could hear it over the broadcast. The bengals fans all but vacated that place! Also glad to see my picks have been spot on so far. Philly had no chance against Dallas!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #586 on: January 10, 2010, 08:19:43 AM »

2-2

Man, I don't want to be Mcnabb or Reid today in philly.

McNabb once again, small in big games. u still think he is John Elway Axl4prez? hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #587 on: January 10, 2010, 09:24:34 AM »

Goddamn it, I hate the fucking Cowboys. I could care less what happens now the rest of the season, just as long as somebody beats the shit of the Cowboys. As much as I dislike the Patriots, I'd even root for them over the Cowboys if that's what it comes down to.

Goddamn Cowboys.  rant rant rant rant If I even SEE somebody wearing any of their fucking merchandise, some bandwagon fan who grew up in the 90's, hiding all his Cowboy stuff for the last 14 years, since they hadn't even WON a fucking playoff game, trying to walk around and brag about his team, I'm gonna punch him in the goddamn jaw. I'll do to him what Axl did to that fucking paparrazi.

Already the dumbass media is trying to stir up shit with Donovan, asking if he's going to be here next year, etc. etc. How many times does he have to answer that goddamn question? Every fucking year people say it's his last. Yet he remains in Eagle green. And all the fans who were all over his nuts just a few weeks ago, will probably now turn on him too. Everything's always McNabb's fault. Nevermind that the Eagles have won more game this decade than any other team not named the Colts or Patriots. Nevermind that the Eagles, behind McNabb and Reid, have been to the playoffs 8 times in 10 years. Five NFC Championship games. No, that doesn't fucking matter. Let's get rid of the best QB the team has had in franchise history. Let's get rid of the one of the best QBs in the game. The most underrated player in all of sports. GET RID OF HIM! Kolb's the answer, right? No, wait, or is it Vick?

McNabb didn't play great, but how can he when he's running for his fucking life as soon as he snaps the ball? The o-line gave him no protection whatsoever. And it wouldn't have mattered, because for some goddamn reason the WRs can't get open against Dallas. And then you've got Nick Cole snapping the ball up into his own ass crack half the time, or putting it at McNabb's ankles. It wouldn't have mattered if McNabb had been Elway, Montana, or Peyton Manning. No QB would've succeeded last night.

The defense played well on first and second downs. Too bad there's also a third down. Seems like every time the Cowboys were faced with a 3rd-and-long, they'd then convert with a big play. Sheldon Brown got his ass kicked last night. Seems like he was the one giving up the big play every time, including the pass interference in the endzone, which led to a 1-yard TD.

If only that INT by Sean Jones hadn't been overturned, it probably would've been an entirely different game. Vick had just scored, Romo was making mistakes, Eagles would've had the ball in the redzone with a chance to take a 7-point lead. Who knows what would've happened then.

Now it's back to dreaming about next season, which is an eternity away. I guess in the scope of things the Eagles accomplished a lot considering what they were lacking. Bradley missing all season was a humongous blow. The MLB spot was a turnstile after that. The offensive line never took shape; it was banged up all year. And the fucking Andrews brothers, whom are both being paid a shitload of money and are supposed to be this huge impenetrable wall, never even fucking played together. Losing Dawkins hurt a lot more than I thought it would. I knew they'd miss his leadership, but I thought they'd make up for it on the field. Apparently not. Last night, I was wishing he was out there. Westbrook had the 2 concussions and was just an empty shell of his former self; very sad to see. Ellis Hobbs, one of the best KRs in the game, was on IR for over half the season. A lot of stuff to overcome.

If McNabb and the Eagles don't get it done next year, though, don't win the Superbowl, then I think it's over. Their window of opportunity will be closed. As of right now, there won't even be any football in 2012. And next year is McNabb's last year on his contract. I figure I'll be sitting back watching Kolb go 8-8 and miss the playoffs ever season after that, telling Eagles' fans, "I told you so."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 09:29:42 AM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #588 on: January 10, 2010, 11:23:59 AM »

McNabb once again, small in big games. u still think he is John Elway Axl4prez? hihi

He looked more like Ryan Leaf last night hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #589 on: January 10, 2010, 11:24:08 AM »

HAHAHA now that is a rant!

I,for the record, have been a Cowboy fan since 1984 and sit through disastrous seasons before finally getting to take joy in those Super Bowls. then we had the Gailey/Campo era but i sit through every shitty game

now, I am ready to celebrate again!

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #590 on: January 10, 2010, 12:39:35 PM »

Already the dumbass media is trying to stir up shit with Donovan, asking if he's going to be here next year, etc. etc. How many times does he have to answer that goddamn question? Every fucking year people say it's his last. Yet he remains in Eagle green. And all the fans who were all over his nuts just a few weeks ago, will probably now turn on him too. Everything's always McNabb's fault. Nevermind that the Eagles have won more game this decade than any other team not named the Colts or Patriots. Nevermind that the Eagles, behind McNabb and Reid, have been to the playoffs 8 times in 10 years. Five NFC Championship games. No, that doesn't fucking matter. Let's get rid of the best QB the team has had in franchise history. Let's get rid of the one of the best QBs in the game. The most underrated player in all of sports. GET RID OF HIM! Kolb's the answer, right? No, wait, or is it Vick?

McNabb didn't play great, but how can he when he's running for his fucking life as soon as he snaps the ball? The o-line gave him no protection whatsoever. And it wouldn't have mattered, because for some goddamn reason the WRs can't get open against Dallas. And then you've got Nick Cole snapping the ball up into his own ass crack half the time, or putting it at McNabb's ankles. It wouldn't have mattered if McNabb had been Elway, Montana, or Peyton Manning. No QB would've succeeded last night.

The defense played well on first and second downs. Too bad there's also a third down. Seems like every time the Cowboys were faced with a 3rd-and-long, they'd then convert with a big play. Sheldon Brown got his ass kicked last night. Seems like he was the one giving up the big play every time, including the pass interference in the endzone, which led to a 1-yard TD.

If only that INT by Sean Jones hadn't been overturned, it probably would've been an entirely different game. Vick had just scored, Romo was making mistakes, Eagles would've had the ball in the redzone with a chance to take a 7-point lead. Who knows what would've happened then.

Now it's back to dreaming about next season, which is an eternity away. I guess in the scope of things the Eagles accomplished a lot considering what they were lacking. Bradley missing all season was a humongous blow. The MLB spot was a turnstile after that. The offensive line never took shape; it was banged up all year. And the fucking Andrews brothers, whom are both being paid a shitload of money and are supposed to be this huge impenetrable wall, never even fucking played together. Losing Dawkins hurt a lot more than I thought it would. I knew they'd miss his leadership, but I thought they'd make up for it on the field. Apparently not. Last night, I was wishing he was out there. Westbrook had the 2 concussions and was just an empty shell of his former self; very sad to see. Ellis Hobbs, one of the best KRs in the game, was on IR for over half the season. A lot of stuff to overcome.

If McNabb and the Eagles don't get it done next year, though, don't win the Superbowl, then I think it's over. Their window of opportunity will be closed. As of right now, there won't even be any football in 2012. And next year is McNabb's last year on his contract. I figure I'll be sitting back watching Kolb go 8-8 and miss the playoffs ever season after that, telling Eagles' fans, "I told you so."

Right on the money with your assessment Gilee.
btw D, not once did I say McNabb is Elway...were his stats and are his stats better?  Yes.  Stick McNabb on those loaded Broncos Super Bowl squads and he brings home 2 rings as well.  Everybody knows Westbrook's done and McCoy's got promise, but he's nowhere near Terrell Davis in his prime.

D,I will say congrats to your Cowboys......because next week, they're gettin' fuckin' pummeled by my VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Romo's going to be buried in the turf next weekend!  Tony, meet Jared!   hihi  I can't fucking wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!   beer  drool

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #591 on: January 10, 2010, 01:02:30 PM »

Shit, my Cowboys offensive line will make Jared look like the Gay Jared from Subway

McNabb played in an era of spread offenses and rules that favor the offenses. U can't breathe on receivers now. if Elway or Marino played today, they'd throw for 6000 yards a season.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #592 on: January 10, 2010, 01:16:48 PM »

What a start for the Ravens Shocked

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #593 on: January 10, 2010, 04:50:25 PM »

My picks this week are SOOOOO money.   rofl

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #594 on: January 10, 2010, 05:14:33 PM »

Shit, my Cowboys offensive line will make Jared look like the Gay Jared from Subway

McNabb played in an era of spread offenses and rules that favor the offenses. U can't breathe on receivers now. if Elway or Marino played today, they'd throw for 6000 yards a season.

that's a great point. the league is so different today. it's impossible to compare QBs from different eras.

cowboys own the eagles. they are better at just about every position. anyone way you look at it, they are better.

the eagles have a major decision to make on mcnabb. and that is an absolute valid question. in fact, it is probably priority #1 for Reid and management.

and priority #2a and 2b are secondary and offensive line. clearly, this team missed Brian Dawkins and the Eagles made a huge mistake not keeping him. the players brought in to replace him (Sean Jones, Macho Harris) were practically worthless.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #595 on: January 10, 2010, 06:36:16 PM »

I still blame this solely on Philadelphia's management

always 20 million or so under the cap... get a between the tackles runner and use him.

Im shocked Reid didn't start Vick in the 2nd half. Bad McNabb showed up today.

agree sandman, letting Dawkins go was a huge blow, also Jim Johnson dying absolutely decimated that defense.

the new D Coordinator isn't very good and should be fired like the Giants D coordinator.

Today, Philly kept blitzing way too much, undisciplined on their gaps/lanes.. and Felix Jones tore them a new asshole.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #596 on: January 10, 2010, 07:42:46 PM »

This GB/AZ game is frickin' awesome smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #597 on: January 10, 2010, 08:02:33 PM »

Tough way to loose....
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #598 on: January 10, 2010, 10:39:40 PM »

Ahhh my picks were 0-2 today....damnit Green Bay fought back hard!  I'm glad NE lost even though I picked them.  I thought they would squeak through. 

Next week:

Colts over Ravens
Jets over Chargers (my team baby...gotta ride it out...if we hold 'em, we got 'em)

Vikings over Cowboys (too freaking close of one to call, but I'm riding with Favre pulling it out)
Saints over Cardinals

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #599 on: January 11, 2010, 03:36:54 PM »

that's a great point. the league is so different today. it's impossible to compare QBs from different eras.

cowboys own the eagles. they are better at just about every position. anyone way you look at it, they are better.

the eagles have a major decision to make on mcnabb. and that is an absolute valid question. in fact, it is probably priority #1 for Reid and management.

and priority #2a and 2b are secondary and offensive line. clearly, this team missed Brian Dawkins and the Eagles made a huge mistake not keeping him. the players brought in to replace him (Sean Jones, Macho Harris) were practically worthless.

The Eagles have no decision to make on McNabb. He's signed through next year. He's the best QB on the team. He gives the team the best chance to win. Plus he's Reid's guy, they've been together since the beginning. McNabb will at least be an Eagle for another season, and, if they finally win that elusive Superbowl, or even just get to it probably, then McNabb will be an Eagle until the day he retires. Personally, I think the Eagles have a much bigger decision to make about Westbrook.

I'm interested to see what they do with Vick. I was so excited when they signed him. Then they proceeded to do absolutely shit with him. The first half of the season all he did was come in a couple times a game and hand off. Finally, during that 6-game winning streak, they started using him in short-yardage and red-zone situations, which was usually pretty effective. Still, the possibilities with Vick were limitless. I wanted to see Vick line up at WR, start in motion; McNabb fakes to him or hands the ball of to him for Vick to run or throw. Line Vick up at RB. Soooooo many creative things they could've done. But no, they just had him run the option all season.

I know Vick wants to start. He doesn't want to be a gimmick guy. Still, the Eagles should at least sign him to that option and trade him. I'm sure the Raiders or Bills would give up something to get him.

And as for the McNabb/Elway comparison, Elway supposedly couldn't win the big one either. And he didn't until his last two years. Who says McNabb doesn't do the same? McNabb is the least intercepted QB in the history of the league (per pass attempts). That's quite a feat, especially considering how pass-happy the league is nowadays and that the Eagles pass probably more than any other team.

McNabb's going to win a Superbowl in his career. I'm positive of it. I don't know if it will be with the Eagles. I hope it is. But if the team lets him go after next season, I see him going to AZ. Kurt Warner will be retired by then. McNabb has a home in AZ. They're a team with a lot of talent, plus they have the best WR in the game. And Leinart sucks balls.

IMO, McNabb had one of his best seasons this year. I know his stats aren't as impressive as some in years past, but he did miss a couple games, he played with broken ribs, the Vick experiment took away a few TDs and yards, and in a few games the Eagles had such enormous leads that McNabb didn't even have to play in the 4th quarter. Supposedly McNabb is incapabable of coming from behind or leading his team down the field at the end of the game to tie or take the lead. He did that this year.

Sandman, I also disagree with what you think the Eagles' priorites are. I agree that they need to upgrade the safety position. But, imo, the biggest priority is improving the linebackers. I know Bradley missed all season, but his injury was crippling to the defense. They can't allow that to happen next year. Offensive line could use some added depth, but I think it's still a good group. Peters, Herremans, Jackson are all very good. The right side is the question. Do the Andrews come back and play together? At one time they were both pro-bowl caliber. Now they can't stay healthy. As much as they're being paid, they have to play. If not, get rid of them.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 04:14:31 PM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: