Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 07:10:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL Season/Off Season discussion  (Read 202322 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #480 on: December 17, 2009, 10:30:50 AM »

I guess there's no better time than now to run one of those "public service announcements" of why it's not smart to ride in the bed of a pickup truck.

Most times, humans will always come out on the losing end when it comes to falling out of a truck, especially when it's being driven down a road.
Sounds like he jumped into the back of the truck, not like he just sat back there for a joyride.  It's safe to say you should never try to jump into a moving vehicle.  Strange story indeed.

With that being said, my prayers go out to Chris and his family.  Seemed like he had started to turn things around.  Hopefully he makes it through this.

Well, minutes after my post I found out he didn't make it.  Sad and tragic ending.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 10:33:20 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #481 on: December 17, 2009, 11:02:51 AM »

RIP Chris Henry

Since I missed playoffs in fantasy, I picked him up and plugged him in, out of respect
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #482 on: December 17, 2009, 01:37:05 PM »

Sounds like he jumped into the back of the truck, not like he just sat back there for a joyride.

It's doesn't matter. Playing with a loaded gun and mis-handling a loaded can lead to the same result. Point is that it's dangerous.

Now that he's dead, my point is even more valid. Time for that "public service announcement" yet?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #483 on: December 17, 2009, 04:03:05 PM »

Seems like every year a player dies during the season.

I feel bad for the kid, but he kept making bad choices over and over.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #484 on: December 17, 2009, 06:38:12 PM »

maybe the most insensitive thing u will ever hear me or see me say

but Darwinism at it's finest

now we get to hear what a first class role model this guy was.. WTF, he was the original pacman jones

anyone stop to ask WHY his fiancee was running from him in a truck and not stopping? and what kind of dude jumps in the back of a moving truck and pounds on the back of the glass...

he had an arm in a cast/sling so when he was pounding on the back of the glass, he had nothing holding him in the truck... laws of physics remain undefeated.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #485 on: December 17, 2009, 06:44:26 PM »

now we get to hear what a first class role model this guy was.. WTF, he was the original pacman jones

anyone stop to ask WHY his fiancee was running from him in a truck and not stopping? and what kind of dude jumps in the back of a moving truck and pounds on the back of the glass...

he had an arm in a cast/sling so when he was pounding on the back of the glass, he had nothing holding him in the truck... laws of physics remain undefeated.

At the Dodgers forum I post at, the fellas gave him the Darwin Award yesterday.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #486 on: December 18, 2009, 07:13:45 PM »

ditto D.  yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #487 on: December 20, 2009, 11:25:39 PM »

Brett Favre!

Fuck yeah!

SKOL FAVRE!!!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #488 on: December 20, 2009, 11:41:59 PM »

Hey now, ya can't pin that loss on Favre.  We lost our starting middle linebacker for the season last week, and damn Shiancoe dropped a nice gain that was perfectly thrown.
I'll be nervous if my Vikes don't get the bye.  nervous

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #489 on: December 21, 2009, 12:42:50 AM »

SKOL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    no

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #490 on: December 21, 2009, 01:56:32 AM »

Brett Favre!

Oh no!

Late-season collapse!  Oh no!

Axl4Prez2004's famous jinx!  NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

You stay the fuck away from the Lakers.  You already ruined the Dodgers.....just...stay....away.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #491 on: December 21, 2009, 09:04:36 AM »

Hey now, ya can't pin that loss on Favre.  We lost our starting middle linebacker for the season last week, and damn Shiancoe dropped a nice gain that was perfectly thrown.

heh i'm not, I really didnt watch much of the game, plus I like to bust balls since my teams are in the shitter... But they scored what, 6 or 7 points??
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #492 on: December 21, 2009, 01:40:37 PM »

Tough loss for Brett Favre and the Vikings last night. I was shocked that they couldn't score more than seven points against a Carolina team who's struggled most of the season.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #493 on: December 21, 2009, 06:01:29 PM »

You should be nervous anyway. Most likely they will play the Eagles in the second round. It could even be in Philly if Minnesota loses another game this year and Philly doesn't. You know the Eagles are at least going to make it to the NFC Championship game. They almost always do. The Saints are starting to look more and more vulnerable as of late. I like the Eagles' chances this year. That defense still worries me a bit, but that offense can outscore anyone--- even the Saints.

The only two AFC teams that look legit are the Colts and Chargers. NFC is much more up for grabs.

Here Today . . .
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #494 on: December 21, 2009, 06:20:34 PM »

Minny like NO are both super overrated.. easy schedules give them false dominance.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #495 on: December 22, 2009, 09:03:36 PM »

Minny like NO are both super overrated.. easy schedules give them false dominance.

Keep in mind, Minnesota just lost their starting middle linebacker EJ Henderson...that's partly why they've taken a downturn...that, and they aren't opening holes for All Day.
I do agree with what you're saying about overrated teams...espn magazine just had an article about the end of parity in the nfl...I say bullshit to that.  Aside from the absolutely horrendous bottom 6 to 8 teams, after that it's fairly wide open.  Every team has flaws that can be exploited.
btw, I still like my Vikes' chances of beating Chicago on Monday Night in Soldier Field, and then beating the Giants in Minnesota in Week 17.  We probably have to win 2 with the Eagles hot on our heels for that #2 slot and bye!  Yes Gilee, I am still concerned with Philly playing so damn hot right now!  I'll be pulling hard for D' Cowboys in Week 17!  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #496 on: December 23, 2009, 02:58:46 PM »

that being said, I full expect my cowboys to lose to Wash this weekend. cause that is how we roll. upset NO, lose to Wash.

HOw do u guys rank the top rb's cause personally, i have Peterson 3rd and think he is slightly overrated. only 3 100 yard rushing games this season

1.Chris Johnson
2.Maurice Jones Drew
3. Peterson

by the way, i am building up a sports forum of my own....... it is in the infant stages, but if u are interested in checking it out:

http://www.unrivaledsports.smfnew.com/index.php?board=3.0
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 04:29:42 PM by D » Logged

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #497 on: December 23, 2009, 06:53:43 PM »

All I know is Adrian Peterson didn't do nearly enough to help my fantasy teams this year.  I had him on 2 teams, one didn't even make the playoffs and the other lost last week in the semis.  Then again I had Chris Johnson in the HTGTH/GNRevo league and I rolled through the regular season, only to be upset in the semis.  But yeah, Peterson hasn't been too good of late.  Definitely 3rd, if not lower.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #498 on: December 24, 2009, 03:14:55 AM »

Adrian Peterson is definitely one of the best RBs in the league, but it annoys me how so many people made him out to be one of the greatest RBs of all time, even after only a couple years in the league. He isn't even the best RB RIGHT NOW. I'd rank him 4th, probably, behind Chris Johnson, Jones-Drew, and Steven Jackson.

Steven Jackson is a hell of a RB. He can do it all. Too bad he plays on a god-awful team with no offensive line.

Peterson fumbles too much, and he isn't that great of a pass-catching RB.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 03:19:01 AM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #499 on: December 27, 2009, 09:02:50 AM »

Adrian Peterson is definitely one of the best RBs in the league, but it annoys me how so many people made him out to be one of the greatest RBs of all time, even after only a couple years in the league. He isn't even the best RB RIGHT NOW. I'd rank him 4th, probably, behind Chris Johnson, Jones-Drew, and Steven Jackson.

Steven Jackson is a hell of a RB. He can do it all. Too bad he plays on a god-awful team with no offensive line.

Peterson fumbles too much, and he isn't that great of a pass-catching RB.

Heretics!  The Purple Jesus shall take his wrath out on the cubby Bears Monday night!   hihi
Seriously, "best rb" is such a subjective term.  If you are looking for quickest/fastest, it would be hard to deny Chris Johnson of that title...most bruising?  Peterson and Jackson would be up there.  Shiftiest and hardest to tackle?  MJD has to be up there. 
Even as a Vikings fan, I do have to admit Adrian is a below average receiver out of the backfield.  He really does not have soft hands.  In his prime, Brian Westbrook could line up as a wideout and catch a looping pass down the sideline occasionally...Adrian can't do that. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: