Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:18:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228556 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 411325 times)
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #1380 on: September 03, 2009, 04:21:27 PM »

You know what I mean about the first tour since X with GnR.  The 02 tour tour went down in flames before it even began because of poor sales.  Quit splitting hairs.

The eagles had the same situation back in 1994 and they couldn't find an arena they couldn't sell out.

Of course the labels are all about money.  I never said otherwise.  But other bands have been able to stay true to themselves and remain relevant i.e. Wilco, Radiohead.  NIN released albums at a steady pace.  Just because you didn't think they matched up with the Spiral album doesn't mean that is a fact.  Year Zero was awesome.

You mean IF they tour.

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #1381 on: September 03, 2009, 04:23:45 PM »

still it would be sooooo easy to give a little more, just like Trent has been doing, it doesnt hurt much, huh?
and its not like that gnr fans hoped to officially hear the album for all the years but then to experience having similar silence like 2003-2005 soon after the release.....
I think Axl is getting everything ready weather its the tour or the album thats taking time who knows but I still think the next move GN'R is gonna take will be fucking HUGE!!!!!!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1382 on: September 03, 2009, 04:47:43 PM »

depends on the fans. i donno they say rock was better in the 70s /80s but weren't the fans also responsible for that?

about fan friendliness...

who the hell was that December 'troll' who paid  visits to unofficial fan forums out of the blue to spend several hours chatting with the fans including some nasty ones? Huh  yea exactly. I was late to the party but I enjoyed reading the threads.
I bet he knew some of the media would take a piss out of it and whiners would whine all the same. 
would trent or any other front man who 'gives a fuck about fans' dare do that?

to me cd is already the hugest love letter to the fans tho.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1383 on: September 03, 2009, 04:50:37 PM »

You know what I mean about the first tour since X with GnR.  The 02 tour tour went down in flames before it even began because of poor sales.  Quit splitting hairs.

Why not go back to 1985 when GN'R with the original line up couldn't sell out stadiums?

Roll Eyes

Ridiculous. 2002 was seven fucking years ago.

That's your proof that GN'R doesn't sell out arenas? Awesome.

The eagles had the same situation back in 1994 and they couldn't find an arena they couldn't sell out.

I'm sure you can find more great examples...

Of course the labels are all about money.  I never said otherwise.  But other bands have been able to stay true to themselves and remain relevant i.e. Wilco, Radiohead.  NIN released albums at a steady pace.  Just because you didn't think they matched up with the Spiral album doesn't mean that is a fact.  Year Zero was awesome.

That's your opinion. Doesn't make it a fact.

still it would be sooooo easy to give a little more, just like Trent has been doing, it doesnt hurt much, huh?
and its not like that gnr fans hoped to officially hear the album for all the years but then to experience having similar silence like 2003-2005 soon after the release.....

Axl gave us a "little more" when he answered our questions. You want a little more than a little more.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1384 on: September 03, 2009, 05:16:18 PM »

that was awesome, yes, never talked bad about that move. but it was last year, right now we have beginning september'09 still discussing in a topic called
"Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour" which didnt happen in 09. the lack of information this year after all the input and waiting, delaying, hoping and CD being THE Axl comeback cant be considered good news. some frequent movement or information, even from Beta and Fernando, is lacking - but still that "little more" would be easy to do as being proved by other artists and even Axl himself (answering online from his home). well, hope dies at last, right?

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1385 on: September 03, 2009, 05:24:12 PM »

I still believe in what I've believed in for years. As soon as there's something to updates us on, they will.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #1386 on: September 03, 2009, 05:27:07 PM »

I still believe in what I've believed in for years. As soon as there's something to updates us on, they will.

/jarmo

Well then why havent they told us about the Better video yet we all know its either done or at least half way done and Axl could just be waiting for the right time to tour or something

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1387 on: September 03, 2009, 05:35:59 PM »

I think there is a fine line between overexposure and some exposure.

I guess after the flogging  Axl took after the Billboard interview, maybe he decided to just stay quiet.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #1388 on: September 03, 2009, 05:36:22 PM »

we should make a poll if people feel comfortable with how the thing are being worked out by the band or not..

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1389 on: September 03, 2009, 05:51:40 PM »

we should make a poll if people feel comfortable with how the thing are being worked out by the band or not..

Are you serious?

Don't you have anything else to whine about? "I don't get updates". Same shit every other month.

Deal with it.   Smiley

/jarmo

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #1390 on: September 03, 2009, 05:55:12 PM »

/jarmo

Well then why havent they told us about the Better video yet we all know its either done or at least half way done and Axl could just be waiting for the right time to tour or something

I don't mean to be rude but didn't jarmo answer that by saying when there is something to tell us? lol

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #1391 on: September 03, 2009, 06:03:48 PM »

/jarmo

I don't mean to be rude but didn't jarmo answer that by saying when there is something to tell us? lol
Yeah but people have seen a clip of the video and that either means its done or GN'R has a serious problem with all these leaks

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #1392 on: September 03, 2009, 06:11:45 PM »

Why not go back to 1985 when GN'R with the original line up couldn't sell out stadiums?

Roll Eyes

Ridiculous. 2002 was seven fucking years ago.

That's your proof that GN'R doesn't sell out arenas? Awesome.

I'm sure you can find more great examples...

That's your opinion. Doesn't make it a fact.

Axl gave us a "little more" when he answered our questions. You want a little more than a little more.

/jarmo

I don't think much has changed since 02.  Sure, hardcore fans will be at the show but that's not going to sell out a 20-30k stadium.  The general public doesn't care about GnR anymore.  I hate to say it but it's true.

What's wrong with the Eagles example.  They disbanded for several years and then got it back together for great success, unlike GnR.  You can't argue the point being made so you attack the example.  Nice!!

Never said the Year Zero comment was a fact.  I'm not the one here that acts like their word is the word of God himself.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #1393 on: September 03, 2009, 06:13:07 PM »

I think there is a fine line between overexposure and some exposure.

I guess after the flogging  Axl took after the Billboard interview, maybe he decided to just stay quiet.

Don't forget all the softballs that Del James interview consisted of!!
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #1394 on: September 03, 2009, 06:17:38 PM »

/jarmo

Yeah but people have seen a clip of the video and that either means its done or GN'R has a serious problem with all these leaks

If it's done or not doesn't matter. Now isn't the time to put it out. Doesn't pay to put it out tell there is a push for the cd or a tour is in the works. Otherwise the video will be a waste. Yes we want to see it, but it will never get any airplay without something going on.

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #1395 on: September 03, 2009, 06:19:24 PM »

/jarmo

If it's done or not doesn't matter. Now isn't the time to put it out. Doesn't pay to put it out tell there is a push for the cd or a tour is in the works. Otherwise the video will be a waste. Yes we want to see it, but it will never get any airplay without something going on.
True but GN'R could announce that its done at least they dont have to release it now but give us some news

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #1396 on: September 03, 2009, 06:24:47 PM »

We all know it has to be done. Why bother announcing it if its not coming out? lol

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #1397 on: September 03, 2009, 06:25:39 PM »

We all know it has to be done. Why bother announcing it if its not coming out? lol
So at least we know then that GN'R will be touring vary soon I guess

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #1398 on: September 03, 2009, 06:28:29 PM »

Oh boy! I give up!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1399 on: September 03, 2009, 06:29:30 PM »

I don't think much has changed since 02. 

A picture is worth a thousand words

No, not much has changed since 2002......  hihi

Sure, hardcore fans will be at the show but that's not going to sell out a 20-30k stadium.  The general public doesn't care about GnR anymore.  I hate to say it but it's true.

Just because something is true in your corner of the world doesn't mean it's true elsewhere.

I hate to say it, but it's true!

Also, you don't know with who, how or when GN'R will tour in your area.

What's wrong with the Eagles example.  They disbanded for several years and then got it back together for great success, unlike GnR.  You can't argue the point being made so you attack the example.  Nice!!

Why? Different band, different millennium, different core audience, different everything?

Never said the Year Zero comment was a fact.  I'm not the one here that acts like their word is the word of God himself.

Oh right, you're not.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: