Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:28:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228556 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 411311 times)
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #1360 on: September 03, 2009, 12:19:52 PM »

Also, since people are so happy to bring up Trent and all his special releases to his fans. Did you notice things started happening after he didn't have to deal with Interscope?
/jarmo

Very, very good point /jarmo  ok

In regard to that: Doesn't Axl owe Interscope on more record before he's free?
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #1361 on: September 03, 2009, 12:23:11 PM »

Also, since people are so happy to bring up Trent and all his special releases to his fans. Did you notice things started happening after he didn't have to deal with Interscope?
/jarmo

Very, very good point /jarmo  ok

Why is it always someone else's fault?Huh
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1362 on: September 03, 2009, 12:47:29 PM »

They are selling out arenas for their farewell tour but GnR wasn't when they had their welcome back tour.

GN'R sold out their shows here. NIN couldn't even play those places.

In the USA, NIN were on their "last" tour with the "reunited" Jane's Addiction. So their tour has had a few great marketing words attached to it.

As long as people assume USA equals the world, then country music is also a huge thing in the world.

Tongue

Go ahead. Point out how the NIN "fan releases" happened when he was signed to a major label.

Major labels have never stood in way of artists' wishes right?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #1363 on: September 03, 2009, 12:59:01 PM »

i think NIN in a way are more popular..
at least their fans are very loyal and dedicated and trent encourages them and give them surprises a nice things, he is always communicating, posting HD videos, artwork, posting in forums... thats why he sold out all the places he go, thats why his limited edition realases are a succes.
nin and gnr world.. are the complete opposite

This is the same guy who realized it's not always a win-win situation when you "communicate" with "fans".

Hello Twitter!

Pearl Jam does pretty much the same things Trent does, without all the Twitter drama or forum postings.

And they sell out arenas/stadiums without the "good bye!" publicity...

Both found their core audiences and are happy to play for them.

Doesn't mean you have to be like Trent in order to succeed. That's why I brought up Pearl Jam.

/jarmo

I am comparing NIN and GNR strategies (or the lack of).. Pearl Jam here is giving more points to my statement..
in the end we all know that PJ or NIN fans are happier than GNR fans, and its not only about a record company, if the record company couldnt control axl expenses for lets say 1998 to 2005, i dont know how they control him to talk and make interviews, thats bullshit.. maybe it makes thing more difficult, but they could do a milliam simple things to have a better relationship with fans.. from a pic gallery to a live video to a "hello" update... trent board also has haters and that doesnt stop him to talk whatver he wants

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1364 on: September 03, 2009, 01:07:41 PM »

They are selling out arenas for their farewell tour but GnR wasn't when they had their welcome back tour.

In the USA, NIN were on their "last" tour with the "reunited" Jane's Addiction. So their tour has had a few great marketing words attached to it.

As long as people assume USA equals the world, then country music is also a huge thing in the world.

Tongue

Go ahead. Point out how the NIN "fan releases" happened when he was signed to a major label.

/jarmo

Where ??

on.topic:

NIN Is Marketing Machine... GNR NOT

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #1365 on: September 03, 2009, 01:11:02 PM »

Here in Brazil NIN wouldn't sell out ONE show of 20,000 capacity. Guns N' Roses could easily sell out a whole Stadium Tour leg here, easy, easy.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1366 on: September 03, 2009, 01:14:05 PM »

in the end we all know that PJ or NIN fans are happier than GNR fans,

Sorry.

All bands' fans have a group of people who are never happy and who like to whine.

Why do you think Trent quit Twitter? Because everybody was too happy?

If fans' happiness is based on the amount, instead of quality of the releases, then maybe you have a point.

I also believe that once you think of something as the norm, you start wanting more than that. So Trent could put a webcam in his house and update his fans 24/7. Some would still want more.

Where ??

Scandinavia.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 01:17:08 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1367 on: September 03, 2009, 01:22:52 PM »

NIN fans are happier when it's no more than GNR fans who are waiting for new tours?  Huh

fans loving music is its own reward. I say axl / the band should be rewarded for the long toil and the great efforts some day.

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #1368 on: September 03, 2009, 01:36:17 PM »

in the end we all know that PJ or NIN fans are happier than GNR fans,

Sorry.

All bands' fans have a group of people who are never happy and who like to whine.

Why do you think Trent quit Twitter? Because everybody was too happy?

If fans' happiness is based on the amount, instead of quality of the releases, then maybe you have a point.

I also believe that once you think of something as the norm, you start wanting more than that. So Trent could put a webcam in his house and update his fans 24/7. Some would still want more.

Where ??

Scandinavia.

/jarmo
yeah you are right
but also that doesnt have anything to do with the way GNR treats their fans

SLASH
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1369 on: September 03, 2009, 01:45:29 PM »

but also that doesnt have anything to do with the way GNR treats their fans

I really don't get this "treat their fans" stuff.

Honestly. Some of it makes no sense to me.

GN'R isn't like all the other bands. That's quite clear. That's why we love GN'R!

You know, just because you have access to a tool, doesn't mean you have to use it.

In this case, the Internet.

GN'R does use the Internet though. They just don't use it as you think they should.

Same artists are happy to blog about their day to day lives, and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with their art. Some update their fans on their art. Some just update to update.

There's all kinds of different uses. Nobody's saying one way is more right than the other way.

You just have to find something you feel comfortable with doing.

GN'R has never been the kind of band who updates fans just for the sake of updating. If there's been no news, GN'R hasn't put out an update saying that!

It seems like some of you see other bands post blogs or whatever and think "why can't GN'R do that?". Well, because it's GN'R!

Some fans apparently need reaffirmation every couple of months so that they feel appreciated/important. "Yes, yes, we still love you! You're the best!".

The same people who are quick to bash the band need to be told the band loves them....

Do you honestly think GN'R doesn't give a fuck about their fans?

Just because they don't try to please you and do as you wish....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 01:47:19 PM by jarmo » Logged

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1370 on: September 03, 2009, 02:16:25 PM »

No communication. No website updates. No videos.

I'd LOVE to buy a deluxe edition of Chinese Democracy
I'd love to read twitter updates from Axl
I'd love to see some live footage on the website
I'd love to see the "Better" video
I'd love for Axl to tour.
I'd love to purchase and download MP3s of demo versions of the songs from Chinese Democracy
I'd love to see some group photos of the band

These are the kinds of things Trent's fans get.
In return he is rewarded with success.

That's the way it works in the 21st Century.

It would be awesome if GNR did half or at least 1 of the things that you mentioned...but they don't.  If the band is not into that sort of thing, thats pretty much all there is to it.  I accepted the way Axl and GNR do business back in the early 90's and I'm fine with it. Would "Chinese Democracy" have sold better if Axl was more hands on with his fans like Trent Reznor?  Absolutely.  The new GNR record is better than anything NIN has EVER released.  Today's music listener is not really seeking out new music, rather they are waiting for the artist to beat them over the head with it, via twitter, myspace, facebook etc... Thats why a lot of people don't even know "Chinese Democracy" came out last year.  Or the very popular response i get from people "oh i havent gotten around to listening to it yet".  I know fans that have seen GNR in concert several times who still havent checked out any of the new GNR music.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1371 on: September 03, 2009, 03:01:53 PM »

I thought Chinese Democracy was the last album Gn'R owed their record company.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #1372 on: September 03, 2009, 03:07:11 PM »

Just because they don't try to please you and do as you wish..
i dont have any wish that they could "please me"
but a band in the end is a business... they provide their art and we buy them
if they dont give afuck about their costumers they will lose them

SLASH
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1373 on: September 03, 2009, 03:31:26 PM »

Just because they don't try to please you and do as you wish..
i dont have any wish that they could "please me"
but a band in the end is a business... they provide their art and we buy them
if they dont give afuck about their costumers they will lose them

Umm, it's not that easy.

It's more to do with the art that they put out. I don't think NIN would have any fans if they put out music that their fans didn't appreciate. No matter how many forum posts they made.

The opposite are those pop acts who really try to do everything possible to stay in the spotlight and their music is just secondary. When dance moves and costumes are more important than the actual singing at a concert, then you gotta wonder.

/jarmo

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #1374 on: September 03, 2009, 03:49:23 PM »

yeah
the art is the more important thing..
but to be a true doesnt mean to wait 3 hours in concert, 10 years a record and months without any word

SLASH
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1375 on: September 03, 2009, 03:57:27 PM »

yeah
the art is the more important thing..
but to be a true doesnt mean to wait 3 hours in concert, 10 years a record and months without any word

You don't have to.

You can go and be a fan of somebody who doesn't do those things. If their music is so much better.

I certainly hope artists don't put out music for their fans. That's a bit weird.

Because then it's become something you put out because you have to please others. Not necessarily authentic.

Regarding your so called three hour wait for concerts. I'd rather wait three hours for a great show once in a while than have no show to wait for at all or a shitty show on time. But that's just me!

/jarmo

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #1376 on: September 03, 2009, 03:58:03 PM »

Tongue

/jarmo

My point of reference is the US.  I am not slighting the rest of the world.  

GnR had "first tour" in however many years attached to it and could not sell out the places NIN/JA did.  So they both had buzz words attached.  The band that has been more steady and returned the loyalty to the fans did better in the same markets.

By no means am I sticking up for the labels.  But you and others on here always have some excuse for the band and why things didn't go well.  It's never, "they went away and became irrelevant".  NIN has remained relevant through the years and they put out albums and have a spectacular live show.  GnR is just a big question mark.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1377 on: September 03, 2009, 04:07:44 PM »

GnR had "first tour" in however many years attached to it and could not sell out the places NIN/JA did.  So they both had buzz words attached.  The band that has been more steady and returned the loyalty to the fans did better in the same markets.

If that was the case with GN'R, every tour can be "the first in X years". Every single one! By any band.

How special is that all of a sudden?

"The last tour" and "reunion" don't happen that often.

By no means am I sticking up for the labels.  But you and others on here always have some excuse for the band and why things didn't go well.  It's never, "they went away and became irrelevant".  NIN has remained relevant through the years and they put out albums and have a spectacular live show.  GnR is just a big question mark.

Since you think the fact that NIN started putting out albums and special stuff once their dealings with Interscope ended is just a coincidence, maybe you have some info on it that you'd like to share?

Common sense tells me that as soon as you have a big corporation that wants to maximize profits involved, the art isn't necessarily their first concern.

Also, the fact that Axl and Tommy have said dealing with Interscope was a mess further points out that it's not always like you seem to think. Oh, and Trent has also spoken out against major record companies. Ironic. But I guess it must be GN'R's fault as usual!

GN'R isn't a question mark. They put out an awesome album, something NIN hasn't done since the 90s, and you know once they tour it'll be spectacular.

I like NIN, but they're not in the same league as GN'R. Just because the front man posts regularly on a forum can't make up for the fact that their releases haven't been as good as GN'R's latest one, or the fact that their front man isn't in the same league as Axl.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1378 on: September 03, 2009, 04:13:18 PM »

Jarmo

do u think its possible that in this horrible economic downtime, that no one will insure Axl or are willing to take them on from a promoter stand point?

I am convinced there is something going on behind the scenes completely out of Axl's control.

I think a big problem is the label. They recouped their money and are moving onto kid friendly easily turned profit acts like every other label.

Record Labels are so bad, Prince walked away from 100 million dollars and changed his name to get a way.

so I completely believe Axl and Tommy

if u aren't kiddie pop or Rap, go fuck yourself.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 04:16:08 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1379 on: September 03, 2009, 04:19:01 PM »

still it would be sooooo easy to give a little more, just like Trent has been doing, it doesnt hurt much, huh?
and its not like that gnr fans hoped to officially hear the album for all the years but then to experience having similar silence like 2003-2005 soon after the release.....

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: