Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:21:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 411228 times)
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #1300 on: August 24, 2009, 11:46:53 PM »

I'm really starting to wonder if maybe a past member is causing legal problems or something preventing GN'R from doing anything at the moment.

with past member you mean past members from 2001-2006 or 1986-1994?

It would be very surpringly to see Robin or Bucket causing legal problems to the band. And I assume the problems caused by 1986-1993 former members are absolutely over, things from the past, with the 2001-2007 tour and the Chinese Democracy release. If the band was able to tour all these years and to release the album... new problems? I dont think so. I simply think Axl and the boys are taking their time to set the wheels in motion properly, the time a band of these dimensions require.

I am absolutely convinced that GNR will perform live this year. Its just a matter of time.

I like your positive out look on this yes.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1301 on: August 25, 2009, 02:05:05 AM »

I'm really starting to wonder if maybe a past member is causing legal problems or something preventing GN'R from doing anything at the moment.

with past member you mean past members from 2001-2006 or 1986-1994?

It would be very surpringly to see Robin or Bucket causing legal problems to the band. And I assume the problems caused by 1986-1993 former members are absolutely over, things from the past, with the 2001-2007 tour and the Chinese Democracy release. If the band was able to tour all these years and to release the album... new problems? I dont think so. I simply think Axl and the boys are taking their time to set the wheels in motion properly, the time a band of these dimensions require.

I am absolutely convinced that GNR will perform live this year. Its just a matter of time.

I like your positive out look on this yes.

New Year, Maybe...

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1302 on: August 25, 2009, 09:38:40 AM »

with past members you mean past members from 2001-2006 or 1986-1994?

It would be very surprising to see Robin or Bucket causing legal problems to the band. And I assume the problems caused by 1986-1993 former members are absolutely over, things from the past, with the 2001-2007 tour and the Chinese Democracy release. If the band was able to tour all these years and to release the album... new problems? I dont think so. I simply think Axl and the boys are taking their time to set the wheels in motion properly, the time a band of these dimensions require.

My complete and total guess is an earlier era member. I can't stress enough that I have nothing whatsoever to base this on, it's just a guess. I just have a feeling that legal proceedings are about the only thing that could keep something like this so quiet ya know?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1303 on: August 25, 2009, 09:40:21 AM »

Or GN'R isn't like KISS who tries to make everything a public event.... Like asking fans to vote for cities where they'll play only to announce a "regular" tour...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #1304 on: August 25, 2009, 11:22:51 AM »

Maybe he just doesn't want to tour for a reason.  He seems to be a pretty stubborn guy and if he is adament about not even marketing his album what-so-ever...I'm guessing there's a valid reason.  Touring could only be the ultimate marketing tool for the album...and I'm guessing he's doing whatever he can to NOT market it at this point...for whatever reason.

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1305 on: August 25, 2009, 11:46:19 AM »

Or GN'R isn't like KISS who tries to make everything a public event.... Like asking fans to vote for cities where they'll play only to announce a "regular" tour...

/jarmo

What?? I wasn't looking for a way to insult any other band. I was just wondering why on Earth GN'R wouldn't be promoting themselves at all. And one of the things I thought of was the very real possibility of legal issues.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1306 on: August 25, 2009, 12:12:20 PM »

No, I'm just saying that some bands like KISS try to make everything a publicity stunt while GN'R doesn't work like that...

It's always been the case.

When something is set in stone and ready, we'll know about it.

Edited to add: The reason I mentioned KISS was because of this news article I just had read about how fans were upset because they had voted in online polls where KISS asked their fans where they wanted to see them. Then it turned out they're not playing in the place that got the most votes after all. Unless they add more dates....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 12:58:09 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #1307 on: August 25, 2009, 12:32:42 PM »

No, I'm just saying that some bands like KISS try to make everything a publicity stunt while GN'R doesn't work like that...

/jarmo

Kind of connected Question:  Is it true the "You wanted the best? Well they didn't fucking make it..." opening to the Live ERA album is a play on the KISS opening to their concerts?

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1308 on: August 25, 2009, 12:38:24 PM »

Kind of connected Question:  Is it true the "You wanted the best? Well they didn't fucking make it..." opening to the Live ERA album is a play on the KISS opening to their concerts?

Yes it's been an opening line for Kiss since forever!
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #1309 on: August 25, 2009, 12:40:19 PM »

"You wanted the best and you got it! The hottest band in the world ... KISS!"

(cue opening guitar chords of Detroit Rock City)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1310 on: August 25, 2009, 01:09:11 PM »

/jarmo

So what if GNR used that KISS line??  confused

GNR also used Beautiful in a lot of their shows.  Does that mean they wanna be ?Dirrty? like Christina Aguilera??  hihi   

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #1311 on: August 25, 2009, 01:51:28 PM »

/jarmo

GNR also used Beautiful in a lot of their shows.  Does that mean they wanna be ?Dirrty? like Christina Aguilera??  hihi   

I don't think anyone is saying that. I belive the person asking that questions was just curious. Take it easy. Don't be so touchy and defensive.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1312 on: August 25, 2009, 02:10:05 PM »

i guess i prefer detroit metal city. i hear even gene simmons is on it.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1313 on: August 25, 2009, 04:45:52 PM »

/jarmo

Um, what exactly is your argument here?  confused
Christian
VIP

« Reply #1314 on: August 25, 2009, 08:39:53 PM »

I have a friend that knows another guy that works @ Raio Lazer Produ??es

It's a Company that brought Iron Maiden to my city (Recife - Brazil).

That guy said GN'R delayed the Tour to 2010 and they'll come to South America and Recife.

I have another contact @ Raio Lazer, so i'll try to check the information
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1315 on: August 25, 2009, 08:51:51 PM »

That guy said GN'R delayed the Tour to 2010 and they'll come to South America and Recife.

that Recife rumour has been floating around for months. but, if GNR is going to play in Brazil (something ABSOLUTELY logical, i think its a must country for guns to tour)... why Recife? I can imagine 5 or 6 cities before Recife to play in Brasil, like Rio, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte to mention some.

LOGIC says GNR should play southamerica: there aren't too many countries in the world with the astronomic sum of GNR fans of Brazil and Argentina. PLUS, they toured all over the damn planet all these years except for southamerica.

In Argentina, Guns can sellout a stadium show by itself in a matter of days. Imagine a show in Rio after 9 years...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Christian
VIP

« Reply #1316 on: August 25, 2009, 09:05:53 PM »

that Recife rumour has been floating around for months. but, if GNR is going to play in Brazil (something ABSOLUTELY logical, i think its a must country for guns to tour)... why Recife? I can imagine 5 or 6 cities before Recife to play in Brasil, like Rio, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte to mention some.

LOGIC says GNR should play southamerica: there aren't too many countries in the world with the astronomic sum of GNR fans of Brazil and Argentina. PLUS, they toured all over the damn planet all these years except for southamerica.

In Argentina, Guns can sellout a stadium show by itself in a matter of days. Imagine a show in Rio after 9 years...
I could ask you "Why not?"... but there are lot of reasons: Money, Geographical Area (Recife is near a lot of Citys from the North-east of Brazil), One of the biggest Stadiuns of Brazil (70.000 people), etc.

I remember a rumour about GN'R playing in Manaus too. Brazil has 5 regions, 1 City per Region or something like that would be great (Manaus, Recife, S?o Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Porto Alegre)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:09:40 PM by ChristianBR » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1317 on: August 26, 2009, 12:18:20 PM »

Taiwan or The Republic of China (Not to be confused with the People's Republic of China) somewhat reminds me of Madagascar.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1318 on: August 26, 2009, 01:49:33 PM »

I would not give up on this year yet..If I remember correctly both in 2002 and 2006 North American dates were not announced  until September, and I wound up seeing them several times before the years end in both 02 and 06...
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1319 on: August 26, 2009, 03:35:32 PM »

Um, what exactly is your argument here?  confused

I was thinking the same thing  Huh
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: