Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:16:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 411097 times)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1200 on: July 25, 2009, 12:39:12 AM »

shit Robman is still alive  Shocked
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #1201 on: July 25, 2009, 05:18:29 AM »

it's not even that. i just want to see guns have a great successful tour & gain some more fans in the process. the better the tour, the more fans you gain, the more cd's...etc..etc you sell. that translates more albums, more merch, & a better shot of getting a evening with guns n roses tour down the line. thats just my way of thinking about it.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1202 on: July 25, 2009, 06:32:28 AM »

shit Robman is still alive  Shocked
crazy shit!! it's a sign, tour is coming, soon

edit to say: post#9000! all are highly intellegent and loved posts, thanks all without you i wouldn't not post on this board, mainly i want to thank da old gnr2k motherfuckers!

edit #2, i'm probably still a bit drunk
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 06:40:56 AM by CheapJon » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1203 on: July 25, 2009, 09:49:17 AM »

probably

Anyway back on topic people.  I haven't had a bite in 10 days.  Anybody getting anything?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #1204 on: July 25, 2009, 04:45:45 PM »

If only The Hellacopters were still around.  I think they'd make a great support act for Guns.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1205 on: July 25, 2009, 08:15:22 PM »

i would prefer to see them in the smallest venue possible, as i assume everyone else would.  from the standpoint of a concertgoer, wouldn't you prefer a club tour
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #1206 on: July 25, 2009, 10:44:11 PM »

i think tha goes without saying polarbear, but they need a big successful tour. could you imagine the media? they would say, the band that once sold out stadiums is reduced to playing clubs!! i just want to see cd get the credit it deserves. with the right tour, i think it can!!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1207 on: August 04, 2009, 02:20:37 PM »

i think tha goes without saying polarbear, but they need a big successful tour. could you imagine the media? they would say, the band that once sold out stadiums is reduced to playing clubs!! i just want to see cd get the credit it deserves. with the right tour, i think it can!!

The tour happened in 2006. Axl is busy hanging out in Indiana with Zakk Wylde and Larry Bird.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1208 on: August 04, 2009, 02:41:08 PM »

The tour happened in 2006. Axl is busy hanging out in Indiana with Zakk Wylde and Larry Bird.

I saw Larry the other day (no shit).  He was most definitely NOT with Axl or Zakk.  Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1209 on: August 04, 2009, 02:42:07 PM »

I saw Larry the other day (no shit).  He was most definitely NOT with Axl or Zakk.  Smiley
Were you with him all day though?  Wink

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1210 on: August 04, 2009, 02:45:45 PM »

Zakk Wylde is not hanging out with Axl.  He was just joking around.  Wink

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=56938.msg1197317#msg1197317

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1211 on: August 04, 2009, 02:59:34 PM »

Zakk Wylde is not hanging out with Axl.  He was just joking around.  Wink

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=56938.msg1197317#msg1197317

I know.  So was I

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1212 on: August 04, 2009, 03:00:18 PM »

Zakk is funny...

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #1213 on: August 04, 2009, 09:07:45 PM »

We get it, you like Avenged Sevenfold.

I saw them with Buckcherry back in March (I went for Buckcherry), and I wasn't too impressed. They sound like just another watered-down metal act that attracts the kids who are accustomed to radio rock--though I'll grant that A7X is better than much of the crap that pollutes today's airwaves.  Undecided

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #1214 on: August 05, 2009, 03:02:38 AM »

from a marketing stand point, those are the kids you want at a show. it would be a genius move to play with them. like them or not, they give guns a real legit big tour. when i went to that tour i didn't think buckcherry were very good. im not saying they were bad, i would just prefer to see a band like buckcherry in a club. i dont get it, this is a gnr fan site. why would people complain of a idea for a successful tour that would gain the band more fans.?
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1215 on: August 05, 2009, 03:38:38 AM »

I know going on late really lends itself to needing opening acts, but to be honest I'd LOVE "An evening with Guns N' Roses" type tour. Wouldn't it be great (assuming they could give 100% every night) if GN'R just came out and rocked through 3-3 1/2 hour sets each night? No opener, just GN'R and all their brilliant tunes, maybe some covers besides the obvious ones.

I mean the "giving it 100%" as a compliment btw. I think the type of show GN'R puts on takes a TON of effort and doing it every night for 3+ hours to their standard would be quite the tall order.

This would be great, for the few hundred folks on this board (myself included), but realistically there's not enough people out there that give two-shits about seeing this band for that period of time. Most people (casual fans) want a 2 hour show with an opener and all said and done by 10:00 PM so they can get home to their kids, a good night sleep for work the next day, etc. There were a lot of complaints about that last tour and it's late start time, even though Guns ensured appropriate transit extensions. People just aren't into concerts like this anymore, especially for a band that's not as popular as it once was. I'd prefer to have some theatre performances. IMO.

AC

You obviously didnt go to any London shows, last trains on national rail network end past midnight, tube shuts at 12.30 and your only left with crappy night busses for London.
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #1216 on: August 05, 2009, 04:43:18 AM »

On the Sunday night at Wembley in London the tube were announcing last train at 10:30 pm - given that we expected GnR to hit stage anytime after 10 that would have allowed us time to see Jungle .. and maybe one song before running for the last train ..

Fortunately, being smart, we had driven - meant my bro could not drink - but we were able to get home for 2am - not great with having to be up for work at 6:30am ..  It's hard to be rock and roll with a key presentation the next day ... I was so tempted to start off my pitch with "do you know where the fuck you are!?"....
hebbesy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1217 on: August 05, 2009, 07:37:01 AM »

Ha ha, I had a job interview in the afternoon day after Hammersmith, only problem being on the day of the gig they rang me to tell me they ahd moved it to the morning, dilemma do I go home just after first 3 songs or do I see the show. I stayed  peace, did not get the job as I got back at 6.30 am just in time to grab a shower get my suit on and get to th interview.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1218 on: August 07, 2009, 10:02:51 PM »

Ha ha, I had a job interview in the afternoon day after Hammersmith, only problem being on the day of the gig they rang me to tell me they ahd moved it to the morning, dilemma do I go home just after first 3 songs or do I see the show. I stayed  peace, did not get the job as I got back at 6.30 am just in time to grab a shower get my suit on and get to th interview.

But the show was awesome!  Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #1219 on: August 07, 2009, 11:35:19 PM »

But the show was awesome!  Grin

/jarmo
Cant wait till we get the tour in the US Wink

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: