Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:26:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 411027 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1140 on: July 21, 2009, 04:08:07 PM »

But do you think they would have Sebastian on hold before they even announced dates or anything? Plus another tour with Baz?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1141 on: July 22, 2009, 01:41:54 AM »

Id rather have Baz than fucking Bloody Valentine or whoever else they've had

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #1142 on: July 22, 2009, 01:54:48 AM »

i would love to see a7x play with them. can we wait til jan. for that?  i could. or what about faith no more?  unfortunately i dont think promoters would back that thinking fnm wouldn't draw enough people. a7x is the best fit. money wise & tuning gnr into a younger generation. just my opinion though.
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #1143 on: July 22, 2009, 02:15:42 AM »

agreed, having Baz open again would be such a  solid choice.
& MBV was possibly the worst opening band i've seen, even though they have a couple songs i can stand - just a brutal live band!

something else occured to me - Nikki Sixx did double duty playing Cruefest1 with both Sixx Am & Crue.... how bout DJ do the same & have Sixx Am open for guns?!

something a la -  Sixx A.M. (if not a group like Coheed & Cambria, Buckcherry, etc), Baz, A7X, then Gn'R would be a sick touring lineup that rock fans all over would cream themselves for drool

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #1144 on: July 22, 2009, 02:31:35 AM »

I'd like to see Baz again. It would be cool to hear "Battle with the Bottle" live. I know it's a country song but it's awesome.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1145 on: July 22, 2009, 03:41:19 AM »

i would love to see a7x play with them. can we wait til jan. for that?  i could. or what about faith no more?  unfortunately i dont think promoters would back that thinking fnm wouldn't draw enough people. a7x is the best fit. money wise & tuning gnr into a younger generation. just my opinion though.

agreed..A7X are one of the few opening bands that will actually fill an extra 2,000-3,000 seats for a headlining band..As much as I like Baz, he isn't really going to sell any tickets to fans who werent already going to a GNR show.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1146 on: July 22, 2009, 05:38:35 AM »

as Baz recently needs a new guitar and bassplayer who'd like to work for free (rofl), wanting to write new music he might be out of the "live" light for a little while:

"I am on the lookout for band members in the GUITAR and BASS positions in my band .
"I HATE CHANGING BAND MEMBERS. If it was up to me , I would never change band members.......
"

source:
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=54524288&blogId=501495254

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=123984

« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 05:40:51 AM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #1147 on: July 22, 2009, 08:23:30 AM »

as Baz recently needs a new guitar and bassplayer who'd like to work for free (rofl), wanting to write new music he might be out of the "live" light for a little while:

"I am on the lookout for band members in the GUITAR and BASS positions in my band .
"I HATE CHANGING BAND MEMBERS. If it was up to me , I would never change band members.......
"

source:
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=54524288&blogId=501495254

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=123984

Hmm - Slash and Duff may not have any concrete plans - maybe they could join Baz's band Huh   Cool rofl
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1148 on: July 22, 2009, 08:27:01 AM »

Hmm - Slash and Duff may not have any concrete plans - maybe they could join Baz's band

More chance of Baz joining them than that happening  Wink

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #1149 on: July 22, 2009, 10:06:28 AM »

Hmm - Slash and Duff may not have any concrete plans - maybe they could join Baz's band

More chance of Baz joining them than that happening  Wink

That would be an interesting band, with more instant credibility than that junkie fronting Velvet Revolver....

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1150 on: July 22, 2009, 10:13:39 AM »

recent problem:
Baz's friendship to Axl vs. working with Slash

a good financial solution might be re-uniting with Skid Row but hopefully working on a strong album first.

back to the topic it doesnt look like Guns are planing a summer'09 tour anymore? its unfortunate that for whatever reasons plans change so often (and mostly in a negative way) in the gnr camp that even after cd release its waiting time all over again.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1151 on: July 22, 2009, 10:16:09 AM »

recent problem:
Baz's friendship to Axl vs. working with Slash

a good financial solution might be re-uniting with Skid Row but hopefully working on a strong album first.

back to the topic it doesnt look like Guns are planing a summer'09 tour anymore? its unfortunate that for whatever reasons plans change so often (and mostly in a negative way) in the gnr camp that even after cd release its waiting time all over again.

Still 9 days of summer to go!  be opptimistic  hihi
I kid.
Nope, no summer tour anyways.  I wonder if they'll keep this thread going, maybe for next summer?

Loaded have announced dates for October NOW.  It takes time to plan for tours etc.  And it doesn't seem like Guns will be saying anything anytime soon.  But, based on Loaded, if Guns announce shows tomorrow, they probably wont happen for at least 3 months.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 10:19:01 AM by jacdaniel » Logged

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #1152 on: July 22, 2009, 12:04:16 PM »

No BFMV and no Ax7.

Thanks

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #1153 on: July 22, 2009, 12:41:55 PM »

& MBV was possibly the worst opening band i've seen, even though they have a couple songs i can stand - just a brutal live band!

My Bloody Valentine never opened for Guns N' Roses.

And there goes the challenger...
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #1154 on: July 22, 2009, 12:44:46 PM »

you may not like a7x, but they are a smart choice to play with financially. it also gives guns exposure to younger kids. theres alot of kids that only know gnr because they sell there shirts at hot topic. when a7x did it's so easy. i couldn't believe how many people did not know the song. unfortunately gnr tickets are expensive, & thats not the bands fault, it just takes alot of money to put on that show. in this economy you need a support group, or co-headliner that can fill seats. i don want a failed tour alla 2002. i love cky, but cky fans aren't  gonna pay top dollar to see them when they could just see them in a club for $20.00, but a7x fans will pay top dollar to see them, because they aren't gonna see them in a club. & they put on a top dollar show. not to mention dj will appeal to the a7x female fans. ha, ha. so weither you like a7x or not, they do make a very good choice. is jan. to long to wait?
dimitrisaxl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1155 on: July 22, 2009, 01:00:48 PM »

Just look the hammerstein shows and so many others shows in 2006.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1156 on: July 22, 2009, 01:06:08 PM »

you may not like a7x, but they are a smart choice to play with financially. it also gives guns exposure to younger kids. theres alot of kids that only know gnr because they sell there shirts at hot topic. when a7x did it's so easy. i couldn't believe how many people did not know the song. unfortunately gnr tickets are expensive, & thats not the bands fault, it just takes alot of money to put on that show. in this economy you need a support group, or co-headliner that can fill seats. i don want a failed tour alla 2002. i love cky, but cky fans aren't  gonna pay top dollar to see them when they could just see them in a club for $20.00, but a7x fans will pay top dollar to see them, because they aren't gonna see them in a club. & they put on a top dollar show. not to mention dj will appeal to the a7x female fans. ha, ha. so weither you like a7x or not, they do make a very good choice. is jan. to long to wait?

im with you 100%. I have seen A7X 9 times, they are the best new/young band going today.  They don't ever really get any love from this board,which always surprises me considering some of the terrible bands that do get love in the Bad Obsession section.  If you like GNR liking A7X isn't that much of a stretch.   But you are right, financially they make the most sense AND they put on a great show, so everyone wins.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1157 on: July 22, 2009, 01:27:56 PM »

Just look the hammerstein shows and so many others shows in 2006.

Tom is saying that it's not fucking My Bloody Valentine.

It's Bullet For My Valentine, and yes, they are horrible.
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #1158 on: July 22, 2009, 01:29:33 PM »

hihi my bad; shitty band & shitty movie how could i have mixed the two up?!?

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1159 on: July 22, 2009, 01:58:21 PM »

hihi my bad; shitty band & shitty movie how could i have mixed the two up?!?

Actually it's two shitty bands.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: