Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:27:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 410983 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1100 on: June 15, 2009, 12:14:25 AM »

This was posted over at www.gnrevolution.com.  Props to Axl S.  Not that I buy the rumor, story, what have you.  Would be nice though.  Again, maybe this WAS the plan, hopefully it still is.  But we know how often plans can change.

http://www.patriotledger.com/entertainment/x1176007383/MUSIC-REVIEW-Psychedelic-Furs-play-to-a-full-house-in-Foxboro

According to longtime fan and friend of the band, state Sen., Bob Hedlund, who was at Saturday?s show, Ferrer has joined Fortus on Guns ?N? Roses? summer tour of South America, and the current eight-date mini-tour of the northeast is meant to acclimate their replacements

WELL looks like we have a heart beat! hope this is true. Northeast would mean here in New England and New York hehehehe  beer
Just to clarify, the northeast dates they were referring to were for The Psychedelic Furs, not for GNR.  They just mentioned a "summer tour of South America" as far as GNR goes. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1101 on: June 15, 2009, 08:27:32 AM »

Again - unconfirmed by the band.  For the "where theres smoke, theres fire" crowd - Summer in Southern Hemisphere begins in December, right?  Plenty of time to blow away the 'Finke in/out' thread with speculation and rumor... hihi

Minor point - look how fast the 'azoff fired 3 times' story took off around the world/net...yet they all cited the original 'story' as a source.  It only takes 1 disreputable 'journalist' to make smoke...and because its GnR that smoke gets big when there may be no fire even feeding it. no

I sleep soundly (to the sounds of CD), comfortable in the assumption that we will eventually have a tour - and new music.  peace

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1102 on: June 15, 2009, 08:46:27 AM »

I think Sen. Bob hangs out on the political boards and is behind in his news.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1103 on: June 15, 2009, 08:56:44 AM »

boy i am a huge fan but iam really starting not to care anymore.

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
Ayako
Rocker

my soul want Guns and Roses

« Reply #1104 on: June 15, 2009, 09:06:29 AM »

wanna see deadly♪ ok

A fan since 1987. First show at Budokan in 1988. Visiting Korea, Toronto, Leading, Las Vegas, Malaysia, Chicago, Minneapolis, Las Vegas etc to see the shows!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1105 on: June 15, 2009, 12:28:18 PM »

STATE SENATOR > unnamed insider

but seriously, I don't think the friend of P furs's info on GNR is new or accurate.

I think Sen. Bob hangs out on the political boards and is behind in his news.

exactly.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1106 on: June 15, 2009, 02:44:08 PM »

This was posted over at www.gnrevolution.com.  Props to Axl S.  Not that I buy the rumor, story, what have you.  Would be nice though.  Again, maybe this WAS the plan, hopefully it still is.  But we know how often plans can change.

http://www.patriotledger.com/entertainment/x1176007383/MUSIC-REVIEW-Psychedelic-Furs-play-to-a-full-house-in-Foxboro

According to longtime fan and friend of the band, state Sen., Bob Hedlund, who was at Saturday?s show, Ferrer has joined Fortus on Guns ?N? Roses? summer tour of South America, and the current eight-date mini-tour of the northeast is meant to acclimate their replacements

Just FYI, that needs to be read correctly and in context to get it's message across.

1) The Psychadelic Firs played in Foxboro WITHOUT Ferrer and Fortus, who reportedly have left to play on GnR's summer tour (which, as we all know, doesn't really "exist" yet).  This bit may be old news, since it sure looks like a tour might have been in the begining stages of planning at some point, and the two likely notified the Firs that they'd be unavailable some time ago.

2) The Psychadelic Firs are currently playing an 8 date mini tour in the northeast (hence, the Foxboro show) to acclimate THEIR (meaning Ferrer and Fortus') replacements in the band (and by "the band" they mean the Firs).  That last bit has nothing to do with GnR doing ANY sort of mini-tour in the northeast. Smiley

edit: Whoops, looks like faldor beat me to it!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:46:44 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #1107 on: June 15, 2009, 02:58:25 PM »

Sucks for Ferrer and Fortus  Undecided ...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1108 on: June 22, 2009, 11:29:35 AM »

I have no idea about this source, but I came across this...

QFM96 Kristie Kemper's Rock Notes

Thursday - 6/11

Guns n' Roses might be hitting the road this summer or it might just be another false alarm. The band was rumored to be doing a stadium tour at some point this summer, but now guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal has announced he'll be playing in Lita Ford's band this summer. Thal says, "Lita and I have GNR's blessings to do this together. This won't interfere with upcoming GNR plans, I'll be flying out and coming right back." If Thal plans to fly back from his shows with Ford to play with GNR, he'll rack up a bunch of frequent flyer miles. She has shows in California, the Midwest, the East Coast and Europe. Sources from the GNR camp say there's no update on a possible tour, but add, "We might announce something soon."

http://www.qfm96.com/Article.asp?id=370640

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #1109 on: June 22, 2009, 11:35:55 AM »

I'm starting to learn the guitar parts on Chinese Democracy!!!!
This way I'll be on stand by mode should Axl decide to go fourth and promote the CD.
After the tour, Axl and I are going to do another cd that will rock like letting a savage beast loose in the city at night!!!!  beer
Are you DJ???

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1110 on: June 22, 2009, 11:40:27 AM »

"We might announce something soon."

Don't give much away anyways!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #1111 on: June 22, 2009, 11:44:28 AM »

"We might announce something soon."

Don't give much away anyways!
Yeah so true so they can say that there touring soon but in a bunch of other countrys except the one GN'R was made in U.S.A.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1112 on: June 23, 2009, 12:17:02 AM »

might, that sounds hopeful.  Keep trying GNR.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #1113 on: June 23, 2009, 12:30:52 AM »

Got this from The Rope, maybe this could get them started?

EPICENTER IS HERE: Southern California will have yet another rock festival to call its own with Epicenter ?09, Saturday, Aug. 22, at Fairplex in Pomona, with Tool, Linkin Park, Alice in Chains, Wolfmother, Atmosphere, Hollywood Undead, Atreyu, Street Sweeper Social Club, Aesop Rock and Sonny, with more TBA. The annual music festival is presented by Right Arm Entertainment (creators of Ohio?s Rock on the Range and KROQ?s Inland Invasion). ?To introduce a new rock festival in Southern California, you have to dream big,? says Right Arm Entertainment?s Gary Spivack. ?We?re dedicated to making this the best rock festival of the summer.? Tickets are $79.50 for general admission/$125 for VIP and go on sale this Saturday (6/27) at 10 a.m. at http://www.TicketMaster.com. For updates, go to http://www.epicenterfestival.com. (6/22p)

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1114 on: June 23, 2009, 01:16:39 AM »

anouncesomething soon... has this to do with the recent rumours about the new covers/tabbook/merch....
I think so... if it has nothing to do with the tour at least..

I mean Brett micheals broke his noce some time ago so he won't be touring with Guns... Oh wait, he's not in Van Halen is he??? rofl
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #1115 on: June 24, 2009, 12:22:15 AM »

Got this from The Rope, maybe this could get them started?

EPICENTER IS HERE: Southern California will have yet another rock festival to call its own with Epicenter ’09, Saturday, Aug. 22, at Fairplex in Pomona, with Tool, Linkin Park, Alice in Chains, Wolfmother, Atmosphere, Hollywood Undead, Atreyu, Street Sweeper Social Club, Aesop Rock and Sonny, with more TBA. The annual music festival is presented by Right Arm Entertainment (creators of Ohio’s Rock on the Range and KROQ’s Inland Invasion). “To introduce a new rock festival in Southern California, you have to dream big,” says Right Arm Entertainment’s Gary Spivack. “We’re dedicated to making this the best rock festival of the summer.” Tickets are $79.50 for general admission/$125 for VIP and go on sale this Saturday (6/27) at 10 a.m. at http://www.TicketMaster.com. For updates, go to http://www.epicenterfestival.com. (6/22p)

They should have invited GN`R it would be the best way I think GN`R would make a return in the US.

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #1116 on: June 24, 2009, 05:36:54 AM »

we still talking about a summer tour? isn't Ron busy till like October?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1117 on: June 24, 2009, 07:10:12 AM »

soon
maybe
no confirmed yet
hope

typical words used by the GN'R camp .
In other words = it doesn't mean anything; so I don't care (anymore)

They should better say nothing until they know things for a fact!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1118 on: June 24, 2009, 09:06:19 AM »

They aren't saying anything.  When they say something, there will be a whole new thread.  We're just quietly talking about far fetched rumors, rumblings and guesses.

Yeah Ron's got stuff booked and Dizzy is booked on August 21st.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1119 on: June 24, 2009, 09:36:17 AM »

They aren't saying anything.  When they say something, there will be a whole new thread.  We're just quietly talking about far fetched rumors, rumblings and guesses.

Yeah Ron's got stuff booked and Dizzy is booked on August 21st.

But I'm guessing all that would get unbooked in a hurry should GNR decide to do something. So don't take those dates as any kind of barometer.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 09:45:10 AM by LunsJail » Logged

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: