Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:18:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 410926 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1060 on: June 08, 2009, 05:10:27 AM »

This thread is kinda irrelevant now, summer is here and the tour is not!

It also doesnt look good if that story is true about Axl not leaving his house.

Having read through ALL the posts, some of the fighting seems ridiculous.  it seems like everything falls into whatever fan you are category.  There seems to be the blind followers and the critical fan's. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 05:49:42 AM by jacdaniel » Logged

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1061 on: June 08, 2009, 08:57:11 AM »

oh, so now the same group of haters have decided that axl's not going to tour this year.  sorry, but i'll wait until i hear it from someone who has a clue.  no offense.

Wouldn't it make a little more sense to assume the band isn't going to tour this year until they announce otherwise?

Yeah really.

I love someone who's crazy enough to label me a "hater".

Hey check it out; it's summer and GN'R isn't on a Stadium Tour. As much as I'd love it, they're not. So talking about GN'R planning a Summer Stadium Tour is kind of irrelevant right? No need to label people as "haters" but there's also no need to talk about planning something that didn't happen.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #1062 on: June 08, 2009, 09:15:59 AM »

Hey check it out; it's summer and GN'R isn't on a Stadium Tour. As much as I'd love it, they're not. So talking about GN'R planning a Summer Stadium Tour is kind of irrelevant right? No need to label people as "haters" but there's also no need to talk about planning something that didn't happen.

If this thread is allowed to remain open long enough, it might be applicable again come 2010.

That's 10 seconds of one's life that won't be wasted having to start another speculation thread.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1063 on: June 08, 2009, 11:20:55 AM »

oh, so now the same group of haters have decided that axl's not going to tour this year.  sorry, but i'll wait until i hear it from someone who has a clue.  no offense.

Well Falungong, you just summed up everyone's frustration here. You made our point. We all want to hear some info. Thats the problem. People will always speculate when they have a lack of information.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1064 on: June 08, 2009, 11:23:28 AM »

Well Falungong, you just summed up everyone's frustration here. You made our point. We all want to hear some info. Thats the problem. People will always speculate when they have a lack of information.

And the latest news just doesn't look good for anyone if it is true.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #1065 on: June 08, 2009, 12:14:10 PM »

oh chicken little!  the sky is falling!  the sky is falling!

look, as much as you guys want to be able to trash axl for not having a summer tour, why don't you wait until we're at least 1 month into summer, huh?  it's only just now june.  we still have july and august to go.  so stop sharpening your knives.  they said there would be an upcoming tour.  maybe it's just still 'upcoming.' 

or maybe they tour in the fall?  what's so bad about that?  the weather is nicer.  gnr's also toured near the end of the year before too.
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #1066 on: June 08, 2009, 12:25:55 PM »

The show at Fantasyland Arena is going to be EPIC.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1067 on: June 08, 2009, 01:04:03 PM »

Careful.  Disney has sued Daycare centers for less....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1068 on: June 08, 2009, 03:58:28 PM »

Ahhhh....that no tour thread got deleted pretty quickly
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #1069 on: June 08, 2009, 04:02:44 PM »

YEAHHHH i know....sometimes feels like China in here lol, I was saying HOW YOU GOING TO GET A NEW PLAYER IN THE BAND AND NOT TOUR!? i don't know whats going to happen. But someone should come out and say something... If there is a tour coming i don't think its going to be happing in Stadiums... nervous

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1070 on: June 08, 2009, 04:06:57 PM »

Ahhhh....that no tour thread got deleted pretty quickly

If you can't figure out how to post in existing threads, then get used to threads disappearing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1071 on: June 08, 2009, 07:32:54 PM »

Just listening to Eddie Trunk's show on Sirius/XM.  A listener called in to ask about the previously rumored VH/GNR summer tour and he said obviously the rumor was taken from the internet and wasn't going to happen.  Said it was a nice idea on paper but wasn't gonna happen and that GNR would have to open the show and that could be a disaster.  He also said that there was no chance of GNR touring this summer, at the earliest they'd tour around the end of the year.  He said Bumblefoot had a bunch of dates booked with Lita Ford this summer.

Not that this is really news, except for the Bumblefoot/Lita Ford dates, but thought I'd pass it along.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1072 on: June 08, 2009, 07:49:38 PM »

interesting info. Clearly a tour isnt happening this summer. Throw in the rumblings about Axl and mgmt, I guess we could see it on the wall.

Hopefully GNR can tour on CD before any remaining public interest dies off
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 07:53:15 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1073 on: June 08, 2009, 08:03:04 PM »

interesting info. Clearly a tour isnt happening this summer. Throw in the rumblings about Axl and mgmt, I guess we could see it on the wall.

Yeah I don't think we needed Eddie to tell us a summer tour was highly unlikely, but nonetheless.  I checked Lita Ford's tour dates and they're not all that extensive.  Not sure if Bumble is just appearing at some shows or doing them all but there's only 12 in all spread out across the summer starting 6/12 and ending 9/5.
http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/ford_lita/tour_dates.jhtml

So I don't think that would necessarily derail the possibility of a GNR tour, BUT if you combine everything I'd be less shocked if I woke up with my ass sewed to my face than if a tour were to take place.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1074 on: June 08, 2009, 08:26:16 PM »

Yeah I don't think we needed Eddie to tell us a summer tour was highly unlikely, but nonetheless.  I checked Lita Ford's tour dates and they're not all that extensive.  Not sure if Bumble is just appearing at some shows or doing them all but there's only 12 in all spread out across the summer starting 6/12 and ending 9/5.

So I don't think that would necessarily derail the possibility of a GNR tour, BUT if you combine everything I'd be less shocked if I woke up with my ass sewed to my face than if a tour were to take place.

rofl rofl rofl

the only way i could see them doing anything this summer is if they do a club tour;

if they were they may to consider the following:

Going on 93.3 in philly w/ a big sit down axl interview-and at the end, announce a surprise show at the Electric Factory
next day, axl drops in on 94.1 (the other rock station in Philly) w/ a big sit down interview, and anounce another surprise show.
maybe announce subsequent dates at various rock stations across the states

if nothing else it will be a different type of tour
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #1075 on: June 08, 2009, 10:56:26 PM »

Just like I said about a month ago, there will be NO tour this year and that sucks! Other guys going their own way and keeping busy. We need to pray for a new years gig...There is NOTHING planned. Nothing....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1076 on: June 09, 2009, 01:35:03 AM »

Atleast there is a chance Robin changes his mind and returns when/if GNR tour next fall/winter/spring. Im sure NIN will be done by then.

Oh, wait, DJ is now in the mix. Whats the difference? 2 drummers and 4 guitarists could work

why us?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 01:37:14 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1077 on: June 09, 2009, 03:14:37 AM »

Not looking good for anyone.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1078 on: June 09, 2009, 03:56:52 AM »

Safe to say we can lock this thread now

nothing really left to discuss

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #1079 on: June 09, 2009, 05:09:51 AM »

Just like I said about a month ago, there will be NO tour this year and that sucks! Other guys going their own way and keeping busy. We need to pray for a new years gig...There is NOTHING planned. Nothing....

You got it wrong, everything is planned, the great masterplan is on schedule. Just wait and see, you'll hear some music or rumour this year, soon could or might be the word, or not. Meanwhile, enjoy CD and may the farce be with you.  beer

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: