Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:19:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 410845 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1000 on: June 06, 2009, 05:46:05 PM »

Maybe its because its the same old story?

Definitely. I bet you mean the old "we're never happy so we keep complaining until the end of time" story!

When you give the fans nothing to talk about then what would you like them to talk about? I thought speculation isnt allowed around here?

Is that right?

Because it seems like when there's things to talk about, those topics die after a while.

But for some reason, some love to go on and on about the set lists or the "it's not GN'R" shit.

It's been going on for years, but then you got real things happening, people "get over" those topics in weeks.....

Summer is here and guess what? No news of a tour,video,etc..Thats not Priceless....Its expected!!!

I get it. Expect GN'R to never do anything (right). So when they do, you'll get a positive surprise and if they don't, you'll feel good because you were right.

You'll always "win".  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bwhalen
Opening Act

« Reply #1001 on: June 06, 2009, 06:18:45 PM »

Jarmo, even you should be a little surprised that after the album has finally come out that there is nothing supporting it? Right?
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #1002 on: June 06, 2009, 06:21:56 PM »

And I went to shows that weren't half full.

Go figure.

/jarmo

Sorry.

I shouldn't have said "half full".

I should have said "half empty".    Wink
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1003 on: June 06, 2009, 07:41:20 PM »

They won't play any U.S. shows in 2009.
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #1004 on: June 06, 2009, 10:29:02 PM »

Do you remember that new that said that Guns N' Roses would play in a brazilian city called Recife (and probably Sao Paulo and Rio) in the 2nd semester?
So, the agency that was planning the concert said today that all Guns N' Roses concerts in South America were postponed to the begining of 2010.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1005 on: June 07, 2009, 01:39:03 AM »

Let's just hope whenever "all pieces happen to fall in place" most of these guys are still around. The biggest concern of fans right now regarding an allegedly postponed tour should be the preservation of the band, not the selfish disappointment that we won't (for our own pleasure) get to see the band on tour this summer or even fall. It takes money and motivation to keep a band together - that may soon run out unless the band becomes publicly active.

Whatever the reasons for this, it's absolutely pointless to speculate, assume or even ponder who's to blame: Axl or (even more convenient for some here) some unexpected third parties as usual. Everyone knows that Axl is complicated and not the easiest to deal with. By now, all fans should have accepted that and learned to deal with it. After all, we are fans of Axl the artist, not of Axl the wanted rationally predictable nice guy.

But, if anyone has had any responsibility to make things work despite all the challenges involves, that's this top-notch uber expensive managment team. In the public and fans eyes, they have done nothing since coming on board outside of securing this deal to release the album, albeit in a time and way that did not jive with Axl and the band and ultimately led to an embarrassing situation for an artist to be in, its fans, and overall loss of respect by many.

It's not impossible to recover from this situation but it will likely take a lot of hard work, time, a lot of humility and compromises. Let's hope for it...

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1006 on: June 07, 2009, 10:32:20 AM »

Most people on this board are respectful to each other regardless of which era of the band they like, but there are a select few who constantly make fools of themselves and bring the level of the board down aswell. It was once the best GNR forum but is now treated as a joke to other fans and sometimes its not hard to see why. Why people feel the need to be too overprotective of people (the band) that they don't even know, let alone feel they are being "loyal" by defending there honour is really just pitiful.

Huh an overly defensive post calling others overprotective. 

Yea how dare them. instead of minding the band's business as 'real fans' and the band members mums would.
Why the hell they should protect the band against its 'real fans' in a fan forum in the first place?

In all honesty, I typically had to re-read what you wrote 3-4 times just to try and decipher what it is that you were trying to say.

Now, I realize it doesn't really matter how many times I re-read it, there's really no educated point to any of it.

Whatever, an arrogant know all says, it doesn't change a thing. You don't get the references.

It's is advisable for you not to call out others unless you  know what they are talking about.  ok

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1007 on: June 07, 2009, 11:01:46 AM »

Forget about this guy, it's not worthy.

Do you remember that new that said that Guns N' Roses would play in a brazilian city called Recife (and probably Sao Paulo and Rio) in the 2nd semester?
So, the agency that was planning the concert said today that all Guns N' Roses concerts in South America were postponed to the begining of 2010.
Already posted two sources about that in previous pages.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1008 on: June 07, 2009, 11:30:50 AM »

Forget about this guy, it's not worthy.

you're right as usual but excuse me while i scratch the ass.  hihi
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1009 on: June 07, 2009, 11:48:51 AM »

I get it. Expect GN'R to never do anything (right). So when they do, you'll get a positive surprise and if they don't, you'll feel good because you were right.

You'll always "win". 
Thats the easy way out.

Its not about winning or losing. Its about trying. Its about just being out their doing your thing. Having fun. Not making everything so fukin complicated that it becomes sad and boring. Complication is sometimes cool but when it becomes the reason for failure then its just sad.

Your content with lowering your expectations for your favorite band...thats your right. But most dont operate like that. Most fans only expect the best from their favorite bands/teams etc. When expectations are lowered then you should just call it a day

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #1010 on: June 07, 2009, 11:59:41 AM »

You'll always "win". 
Thats the easy way out.

Its not about winning or losing. Its about trying. Its about just being out their doing your thing. Having fun. Not making everything so fukin complicated that it becomes sad and boring. Complication is sometimes cool but when it becomes the reason for failure then its just sad.

Your content with lowering your expectations for your favorite band...thats your right. But most dont operate like that. Most fans only expect the best from their favorite bands/teams etc. When expectations are lowered then you should just call it a day

i'm sorry, but how the f do you think anyone is lowering expectations?  axl made the best album i've ever heard in my life.  he just recruited the best and most amazing gnr lineup ever to support him.  as far as i'm concerned, my expectations are sky high for this band -- I WANT THE BEST!  and so far, they've delivered.

sorry if you personally think axl should do whatever you personally want.  but he's not a robot who works at burger king.  so get on board or do what tommy stinson told you to do.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1011 on: June 07, 2009, 12:00:35 PM »

Ah, an assumption.

A wrong one too.

The thing is, I do expect things from GN'R.

But what I expect is different from you.

I expect them to do what they want, when they want, and how they want to do it/them. I expect them to do all that to their best ability, and so far I've not been disappointed.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1012 on: June 07, 2009, 12:02:06 PM »

what do you expect of a musical group? the world domination?  sounds childish to be honest.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1013 on: June 07, 2009, 12:26:21 PM »

wow, 3 of the 4 best posters in gnr message board history in a row...must be my lucky day

he just recruited the best and most amazing gnr lineup ever to support him.  as far as i'm concerned, my expectations are sky high for this band -- I WANT THE BEST!  and so far, they've delivered.
You do realize that if SLash, Izzy, etc didnt "quit" then there would be no recruiting? You do realize that if Bucket and Robin didnt quit there wouldnt be Bfoot and DJ?
Its cool to have a favorite lineup but to call it the best is insane. What has this band done? NOTHING. Im not even going to blame the band. Its not even their fault. But to say they are the best gnr lineup ever when they havnt even toured or written an album is sad.

Just because Axl chooses certain members doesnt mean they are great or whatever. His choices result from  his previous choices defaulting on him for whatever reason. If Axl Rose had his choice then the lineup he would prefer would consist of members from 2000-2004.

Its cool to support whatever lineup Axl is forced to put together from here on out. But how can you become passionate about it when they havnt even toured or made an album together? Music is about passion. People are passionate about the old lineup for a reason. People are passionate about the 2002 and Ill even stretch it to 06 lineup for a reason. But to be passionate about a lineup that hasnt toured or made an album together is weird.

Just say that you will agree with Axl no matter what he does or says. Its easier that way.

I just see blah on these boards. Everything is carefully watched and watered down. Its not about themusic anymore.

Your expectations are sky high for this band? Please tell me what your expectations are for this band...I really want to hear them.
sorry if you personally think axl should do whatever you personally want.  but he's not a robot who works at burger king.  so get on board or do what tommy stinson told you to do
lol. Its not about what I want. I just want Axl to do what he used to do. Set the standard. Be out there and kickin ass. Makin corny videos,making cool videos, making great live shows. BEING A ROCKSTAR.

And if Axl doesnt want to be a rockstar. thats cool too. But come out and fukin say it. Say you know what, at this point in my life I am fortunate enough to have been able to make my mark at a young age and now I would just like to chill out and if something pops up every  now and then fine but otherwise dont expect much. That would be totally cool too.

Instead it appears as if he doesnt know what he wants to do. Hes stuck and has been stuck for over a decade. Hopefully one ay he pops out of it. In the meantime the situation suffers.

what do you expect of a musical group? the world domination?  sounds childish to be honest.
Nope. World domination is long gone. Just want my band to try and not fold like a cheap tent. made a sick album and hes not backing it up and supporting it.

I expect them to do what they want, when they want, and how they want to do it/them. I expect them to do all that to their best ability, and so far I've not been disappointed.
Again that is the easy way out. I wouldnt expect anything else from you. Of course you havnt been disappointed. You dont expect anything ! Lame yes

Doing nothing in a decade is not doing things the way you want. Rather, its not having a clue about what you want to do.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:39:40 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1014 on: June 07, 2009, 12:27:03 PM »

Ah, an assumption.

A wrong one too.

/jarmo

I except usually things likes,videos,tour and stuf like this...I think nothing special
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1015 on: June 07, 2009, 12:33:44 PM »

Nope. World domination is long gone. Just want my band to try and not fold like a cheap tent. made a sick album and hes not backing it up and supporting it.

your band or he? last i checked they are supporting it.

anyhoo just a little patience.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #1016 on: June 07, 2009, 12:35:52 PM »

Ah, an assumption.

A wrong one too.

/jarmo

I except usually things likes,videos,tour and stuf like this...I think nothing special

well, axl doesn't seem to want to give you that right now.  so you can either accept it and love your favorite new album, or you can continue to dwell on this negativity and post obsessively about how another person isn't choosing to live their life in exactly the way they should be living it. 

axl is a genius who made the best album ever.  as far as i'm concerned, he can do whatever his genius heart desires.  and if some nobodys on the internet have a problem with that, then they can just cry in their pillows.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #1017 on: June 07, 2009, 12:36:53 PM »

your band or he? last i checked they are supporting it.
Supporting what? how?!

Last I checked there hasnt been any videos. No tour announcements. No TV appearances/performances. Interviews. Etc. That is how you support an album

People....

THIS ISNT ROCKET SCIENCE

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1018 on: June 07, 2009, 12:38:35 PM »

how?!

those  interviews.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1019 on: June 07, 2009, 12:40:50 PM »

I expect nothing. Everything that comes is fine (if it's good of course  ok )

BUT

we cannot ignore the fact that Guns is just not so popular anymore as they were back in the day, and a STADIUM tour would not be the best option to promote the band. (I think, otherwise would be very surprised). Half empty stadiums does not make good publicity and so I don't wish this to happen to my fav band.

Just an opinion but I think an indoor tour  - if possible - in fall/winter 2009 in smaller places and releasing some singles (with video!) would be awesome.
Also the songs like CD and Better should not be released (again?) as a single. Bring out something very new, something most persons - non GN'R fans - do not recognize as 'typical' guns stuff. For example: Shacklers Revenge is typical new style. I think Sorry and TIL can also become good singles.
People would be suprised, and who know's... it will receive (major) positive feedback by the world.

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: