Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:17:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 410818 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #980 on: June 06, 2009, 02:04:30 PM »

I just find it funny that Mark Strigl mentioned something about 2010 and now everyone in the world seems to have "confirmed" "insider" info that they heard from their uncles, brothers, friend of a friend about how everything's on hold til 2010.

P.S. As far as "half full shows" go from 2006. I was at one. The Palace in Auburn Hills was less than half full. That didn't matter to me in any way though. GNR put on an awesome show and it was one of the few shows they played CD at so it was all good for me.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #981 on: June 06, 2009, 02:09:09 PM »

I just find it funny that Mark Strigl mentioned something about 2010 and now everyone in the world seems to have "confirmed" "insider" info that they heard from their uncles, brothers, friend of a friend about how everything's on hold til 2010.

true.
and it was never officially confirmed that Guns n? Roses was planning 2009 Summer Stadium Tour.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #982 on: June 06, 2009, 02:16:48 PM »

I think it's more than obvious to most that another 'Chinese D' tour in 2010 wouldn't be high in demand. Nearly half of the album has been played live already, and the album would have been commercially available for 1+ years at that point.  I'm not surprised that the diehards would welcome this, but what about the rest of mother earth's interest that it would take to make this a successful tour? They don't count? This is where a "hit single" is important. 

What a weird logic you have.

How can bands like the Rolling Stones tour when a majority of their set has been performed for decades?

Just because you go to shows based on the percentage of unheard songs doesn't mean that the rest of the world does.

So it doesn't really matter if some of the new songs were played live years ago. A bunch of people never saw those shows, don't remember seeing one or just look forward to a new tour even if they saw them.

I thought people went to concerts to see the band play, not based on how many percent of the set they haven't heard. Also worth noting is that the last GN'R tour was in 2006-7.

You think a majority of people think "I saw them in 2006/2007 so I don't care to see them again"?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #983 on: June 06, 2009, 02:22:58 PM »

P.S. As far as "half full shows" go from 2006. I was at one. The Palace in Auburn Hills was less than half full. That didn't matter to me in any way though. GNR put on an awesome show and it was one of the few shows they played CD at so it was all good for me.

Thank you. That's all I was getting at. You can add Jax and Sunrise, FL to that list as well. (I was there.)

If they're content with the sub-par ticket sales and interest, then fine ... just continue going as is. I'll be there regardless ...

But, if they really want to try and market this right, and garner more interest , I don't think another Chinese D tour in 2010 is really the way to go about it.

I've been coherent since day one on this board.

If you say so ...

In all honesty, I typically had to re-read what you wrote 3-4 times just to try and decipher what it is that you were trying to say.

Now, I realize it doesn't really matter how many times I re-read it, there's really no educated point to any of it.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #984 on: June 06, 2009, 02:30:05 PM »

Thank you. That's all I was getting at. You can add Jax and Sunrise, FL to that list as well. (I was there.)

Oh, you went to two out of four Florida arena shows.

Maybe that explains the "half full" arenas....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #985 on: June 06, 2009, 02:31:03 PM »

so what is the problem with a summer tour ? sales ? tour managers ? Axl ? the band ? your mother ?

shit, everything is so complicated with this band.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #986 on: June 06, 2009, 02:38:18 PM »

Just because you go to shows based on the percentage of unheard songs doesn't mean that the rest of the world does.

/jarmo

Another wrong assumption on your part.

Personally, I didn't go to any of the 2006 shows because I wanted to hear the new songs.

I'm aware that the vast majority of fans went to hear the classics. My point is, what does that really do for the lineup(s) that are playing them these days.

Not exactly moving forward into un-chartered territories ... right?

/jarmo

I had friends at an Illinois and Ohio show that said the same about their venues.

Maybe those venues were too close to the Florida venues too?
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #987 on: June 06, 2009, 02:46:54 PM »

The plug has been pulled on all of it? 

It seems like it's the same old story.

A bunch of promoters want GN'R to perform all over the world, they start talking to the media/outsiders and then it turns out nothing was ever confirmed in the first place!

Then they turn around and say "GN'R canceled".... How can you cancel something that was not confirmed?

/jarmo

Ok.... How about "GNR cancelled the planning of a tour..."?  In the eyes of a promoter, that's prolly the same thing!   Wink

Well, I'm not an expert in organizing tours....   Undecided

But it would seem likely that when a major act like GNR start planning a tour, they would have to insist that contracts would state that the band could pull the plug, if other dates/venues/stadiums fell through. Or for other logistical unforseen problems.

With the world economy being in the state it is, maybe it was a bit of a long shot to shoot for a full-on-stadium-world-tour at this point....

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #988 on: June 06, 2009, 02:47:46 PM »

I'm aware that the vast majority of fans went to hear the classics. My point is, what does that really do for the lineup(s) that are playing them these days.

its a rock n roll show, not an exploration into space.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #989 on: June 06, 2009, 02:48:38 PM »

2006/2007 tour did pretty damn well considering CD wasn't released and a new lineup.  I don't think for one minute that Axl doesn't want to tour, he's waiting for the right time and setting the wheels in motion.  The band works really hard considering there's no help from the label.  When its the right place and right time we will get tour dates.  

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #990 on: June 06, 2009, 02:55:31 PM »

My point is, what does that really do for the lineup(s) that are playing them these days.

The band plays whatever they feel like playing. Easy as that.

Even Axl said that he doesn't play one God damn note for those of you who sit at home whining about a setlists.  Grin

I had friends at an Illinois and Ohio show that said the same about their venues.

Maybe those venues were too close to the Florida venues too?

And I went to shows that weren't half full.

Go figure.

/jarmo

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #991 on: June 06, 2009, 03:19:10 PM »

Stop with your secret wishes of the band failing already.

/jarmo

Please.  Roll Eyes

If I were "secretly wishing for them to fail" I probably wouldn't have traveled and dropped the coin that I did on those 3 shows in 2006.

If some of you would actually read instead of being overly paranoid about one's "true intentions", you might actually be able to respond with something of substance instead of the "you're not a true fan" jive. Just seems a little odd.

I think it's more than obvious to most that another 'Chinese D' tour in 2010 wouldn't be high in demand. Nearly half of the album has been played live already, and the album would have been commercially available for 1+ years at that point.  I'm not surprised that the diehards would welcome this, but what about the rest of mother earth's interest that it would take to make this a successful tour? They don't count? This is where a "hit single" is important. 

But hey, if you think starting to promote an album, without any mainstream hits, a year after its release is "smart", just be prepared for the outcome.

the same idiots.... hihi

You might want to re-read some of your incoherent posts before you go around labeling others as "idiots".

Just sayin ...

Very well put, Rob. I get bored of all these constant "Oh you said something slightly negative about the new band, your an old GNR facist & not a real fan" childish agendas some have here. Erm yes we hate the band so much and want it to fail that we buy gig tickets to multiple show, buy CD, purchase any new t-shirt that is released and support the band in there solo careers...what sadistic nazi types are we eh? Roll Eyes

Most people on this board are respectful to each other regardless of which era of the band they like, but there are a select few who constantly make fools of themselves and bring the level of the board down aswell. It was once the best GNR forum but is now treated as a joke to other fans and sometimes its not hard to see why. Why people feel the need to be too overprotective of people (the band) that they don't even know, let alone feel they are being "loyal" by defending there honour is really just pitiful. Take for instance, I love Sebastian Bach's music but I'm not overly fond of him as a person but that doesn't stop me liking his music any less. Point is people get WAY too attatched to the music and interviews that they think they know the band.

And Jarmo, RE Rolling Stones - they can get away with playing the same songs because there on a whole different level to GNR or any band and people pay to hear the classics which shows since there last few albums have sold terribly but yet they got a crowd of 2 million in Rio, not many bands could do that not even GNR or even the original GNR. A comparrison is quite redundant.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #992 on: June 06, 2009, 03:23:36 PM »

Even Axl said that he doesn't play one God damn note for those of you who sit at home whining about a setlists.  
But what about the people who go to the shows and "complain" about the same predictable setlist that they have toured on since Vegas?

Axl has to first decide what the hell he wants to do with this band and the remainder of his career. What is he trying to accomplish with the band and the name? I really wish I was here when Dexter was around. I really want to ask him that question.

As for setlists, I think future tours will be better in terms of diversity because now they have CD to be the focus and can sprinkle in the old hits and gems.

The Rolling STones can do whatever they want because they have had a long career and have been together for the majority of their time.

GNR is an old name but new band. The public isnt going to give GNR the same respect as they would a well known, cohesive band. Plus GNR do not get out there to the public anyway. So who cares. We are the only people that care.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 03:38:58 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #993 on: June 06, 2009, 03:25:10 PM »

But what about the people who go to the shows and "complain" about the same predictable setlist that they have toured on since Vegas?

would you still go see the show even if it had the same exact setlist as the last one you saw?  if your answer would be yes, then why complain?  Just enjoy the chance to see Guns live.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #994 on: June 06, 2009, 03:29:46 PM »

would you still go see the show even if it had the same exact setlist as the last one you saw?  if your answer would be yes, then why complain?  Just enjoy the chance to see Guns live.

Of course Ill go. But I understand the fans who do go but would like to see the old unpredicatble setlist that they were known for back in the day....

At this point in the game, Im really going only to see Axl. I support the band,specifically Tommy, but the only reason I would go now is for Axl.

There are only 2 versions of GNR that I can relate to and be passionate about(old gnr/02 lineup). This version isnt one of them unfortunately. Ill support it but its just "blahh, whatever type deal". Its to the point where its just an Axl thing now.

The fact that CD was released and handled the way it was is mind boggling. And if we take a trip down memory lane I guarentee the concensus around here and everywhere else was that once CD was released then GNR would tour,videos,press, etc...you know...."take over the rock scene" again.......Unfortunately its the same story as usual.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 03:47:08 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #995 on: June 06, 2009, 04:02:51 PM »

/jarmo

yeah, if only 2 of the shows were half full and the others were completely full, then that only adds up to the shows being 3/4 full in total.  so it completely shits all over these people's latest lame attempt to try and make axl look bad.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #996 on: June 06, 2009, 04:15:13 PM »

There are only 2 versions of GNR that I can relate to and be passionate about(old gnr/02 lineup). This version isnt one of them unfortunately.

*yawns*
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #997 on: June 06, 2009, 04:59:46 PM »

But I understand the fans who do go but would like to see the old unpredicatble setlist that they were known for back in the day....

"You can't always get what you want"....

Ironic how some want GN'R to be unpredictable, but predictable enough to be onstage at 9PM....  Shocked

There are only 2 versions of GNR that I can relate to and be passionate about(old gnr/02 lineup).

Roll Eyes

Yes we know.

Stay home designing that flux capacitor.  Tongue

Amusing how a thread about a future tour has turned into the same old "discussion" about the setlists. Priceless!

Some are already saying that the band can't tour unless they release another album!

Amazing!

"Oh you said something slightly negative about the new band, your an old GNR facist & not a real fan" childish agendas some have here. Erm yes we hate the band so much and want it to fail that we buy gig tickets to multiple show, buy CD, purchase any new t-shirt that is released and support the band in there solo careers...what sadistic nazi types are we eh? Roll Eyes

Oh, another one of those "I buy cds and tickets so it's ok for me to keep posting shit" guys.

It amuses me that you all get so fucking annoyed when somebody dares to question you regarding the kind of fan you are.

And Jarmo, RE Rolling Stones - they can get away with playing the same songs because there on a whole different level to GNR or any band and people pay to hear the classics which shows since there last few albums have sold terribly but yet they got a crowd of 2 million in Rio, not many bands could do that not even GNR or even the original GNR. A comparrison is quite redundant.

The point was that some think GN'R can't tour unless they release another album because they've played "most" of the current album live.

BULLSHIT!

Many bands play two or three of their new songs and the rest of their set consists of songs they've played for decades!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 05:07:57 PM by jarmo » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #998 on: June 06, 2009, 05:09:35 PM »

The plug has been pulled on all of it? 

It seems like it's the same old story.

A bunch of promoters want GN'R to perform all over the world, they start talking to the media/outsiders and then it turns out nothing was ever confirmed in the first place!

Then they turn around and say "GN'R canceled".... How can you cancel something that was not confirmed?

/jarmo

That isn't what I was saying.  I assumed with the band putting out an album, replacing Robin and going into rehearsals that they were setting up to tour.  I really thought something was in the works.  Thought we'd hear any day.  GNR is a big act so the thought of them covering Europe, S America and various other countries is just kind of a given for me.

I'm not upset or pissed off.  If it's not happening, it's not happening.  When promotors have things in papers saying they are working on it I assum they aren't lying.  But it's a business and I know things aren't always done according to the way I do things.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #999 on: June 06, 2009, 05:38:06 PM »

Amusing how a thread about a future tour has turned into the same old "discussion" about the setlists. Priceless!
Maybe its because its the same old story? When you give the fans nothing to talk about then what would you like them to talk about? I thought speculation isnt allowed around here?

Summer is here and guess what? No news of a tour,video,etc..Thats not Priceless....Its expected!!!
As a result the same beaten down topics come up.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: