Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:27:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 410801 times)
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #960 on: June 06, 2009, 11:24:02 AM »

If these reports are true, they better come loaded for bear come 2010...
This is after 2 previous tours (both aborted by the way) to support an anticipated album in which the album wasn't released on or around the tour itself;
Now in this topsy turvy world of Gn'R - release the album (no video, lack of promotion, etc) only to tour 2 years later.
I love the unconventional guessing game nature that Gn'R brings year in and year out,
but if negotiations really did fall through - just make it known now and nip it in the bud.
Get it out now before the negativity, reunion rumors, and other conspiracy theories start poppin up left and right; and that shit will get outta hand.

I just wish and hope that 2010 goes according to as much of the plan as possible (if these reports are true) for example:
 -we get a slammin new vid, - a single to go with it, - the video interview of our q&a's, and of course the tour itself (executed fully & not aborted abruptly - for promoter & band's sake).
in the meantime i'll keep blastin' Chinese D in my car and in my stereo at home - can't wait for this show to take form to roll with this epic album!

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #961 on: June 06, 2009, 11:36:38 AM »

The problem is, if plans to tour this year DID fall through and they come out and tell us that the plan is to tour next year.  What good does that do if plans fall through NEXT year?  I mean who knows exactly what happened, if these stories are true.  Who's to say the same things can't happen again?  I think they had grand plans for this year and IF those plans have been pushed back a bit then that's too bad.  But unless the can come out and tell us exactly what happened and why it happened I don't see the point in just saying we now plan to tour in 2010.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #962 on: June 06, 2009, 12:11:26 PM »

I'm sorry to say but there's no wonder why Robin quit... Undecided
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #963 on: June 06, 2009, 12:22:49 PM »

I just heard from my sources that Axl canceled all negotiations for a latin-american tour, which would include Recife, through Raio Lazer [the promoter company]. Don't know exactly why, but from where it came from... The good news is that it's not exactly cancelling, but something that looks like a postponement. There is talks about the tour happening, but only in 2010.[/i]

good, now Axl can focus on playing shows in America, where they belong.  Grin

New York City is waitin...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #964 on: June 06, 2009, 12:25:19 PM »

so if there is no tour till 2010 any chance they can get a new album out before end of year 2009 given they were working on alot of material and nothing so far has leaked............not for anything but we've been hearing half of Democracy since 2001 and fresh material might generate more interest for when they do tour.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #965 on: June 06, 2009, 01:09:42 PM »

so if there is no tour till 2010 any chance they can get a new album out before end of year 2009 given they were working on alot of material and nothing so far has leaked............not for anything but we've been hearing half of Democracy since 2001 and fresh material might generate more interest for when they do tour.

If they don't tour until 2010, this is an absolute must.

To start touring an album over a year after its release would be foolish. Not to mention, nearly half the album has already been played live over various tours anyway.

If Axl chooses to ever really give this band a shot, he's going to have to put out more music first. And it would help if he released a track or 2 that could garner some mainstream interest.

Otherwise, it'll be greeted by half filled US arenas and the endless media jabs once again.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #966 on: June 06, 2009, 01:16:16 PM »

If Axl chooses to ever really give this band a shot, he's going to have to put out more music first. And it would help if he released a track or 2 that could garner some mainstream interest.
before CD came out, your crowd was saying "if axl chooses to ever really give this band a shot, he's going to have to put out CD."   Nothing will ever be good enough for you guys.   

If you guys haven't figured it out yet, Axl does his own thing on his own time.   Just let shit happen and enjoy the tunes.   
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #967 on: June 06, 2009, 01:19:48 PM »

Otherwise, it'll be greeted by half filled US arenas and the endless media jabs once again.

"They need to do this and that".

What makes you an expert?  Tongue

Once they start promoting the album with shows and so on, a lot of people who don't even know the album was released in November will be made aware of its existence.

Stop with your secret wishes of the band failing already.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #968 on: June 06, 2009, 01:20:16 PM »

the same idiots.... hihi
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #969 on: June 06, 2009, 01:23:48 PM »

The shows I went to certainly weren't half full.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #970 on: June 06, 2009, 01:26:57 PM »

the same idiots.... hihi

Exactly.

It's almost like some of them are secretly hoping for the band to fail so they can feel better about themselves.

"They need to do this and that or they'll fail!"

This seems to be the big difference between crowds outside the USA and those in the USA.

Some of the Americans seem to be obsessed with attendance figures and finding shit to complain about when the band tours. They can always fall back on the old "it's not GN'R!" phrase.

Maybe GN'R should just tour outside the USA for a while once they start.

So you don't have to deal with "half filled arenas".....  Tongue

The shows I went to certainly weren't half full.

Of course not.

But what do you expect some of these "fans" to focus on?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #971 on: June 06, 2009, 01:31:41 PM »

The plug has been pulled on all of it?  Really?  I'm sorry guys.  Hope everybody is well.   Wish you well and look forward to the day when it all comes together.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #972 on: June 06, 2009, 01:34:30 PM »

I see a dilema of sorts if the tour actually starts in 2010.  I see Robin wanting to comeback, since Axl stated in that online chat the he had some intrest in touring before they hired Ashba.  Could we see the 4 guitarist look like when Izzy joined them onstage ? Whenever GnR wants to tour is fine with me. I can't wait but really can !!!   rofl

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #973 on: June 06, 2009, 01:36:57 PM »

I see a dilema of sorts if the tour actually starts in 2010.  I see Robin wanting to comeback, since Axl stated in that online chat the he had some intrest in touring before they hired Ashba.  Could we see the 4 guitarist look like when Izzy joined them onstage ? Whenever GnR wants to tour is fine with me. I can't wait but really can !!!   rofl

I'm sure Robin knows he's been replaced now and he will most likely either stick with NIN or go off and do something else.

i do hope we get to hear that stevie ray vaughn-like solo Axl was telling us about someday.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #974 on: June 06, 2009, 01:38:16 PM »

The plug has been pulled on all of it? 

It seems like it's the same old story.

A bunch of promoters want GN'R to perform all over the world, they start talking to the media/outsiders and then it turns out nothing was ever confirmed in the first place!

Then they turn around and say "GN'R canceled".... How can you cancel something that was not confirmed?

/jarmo

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 01:42:09 PM by jarmo » Logged

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #975 on: June 06, 2009, 01:46:00 PM »

Stop with your secret wishes of the band failing already.

/jarmo

Please.  Roll Eyes

If I were "secretly wishing for them to fail" I probably wouldn't have traveled and dropped the coin that I did on those 3 shows in 2006.

If some of you would actually read instead of being overly paranoid about one's "true intentions", you might actually be able to respond with something of substance instead of the "you're not a true fan" jive. Just seems a little odd.

I think it's more than obvious to most that another 'Chinese D' tour in 2010 wouldn't be high in demand. Nearly half of the album has been played live already, and the album would have been commercially available for 1+ years at that point.  I'm not surprised that the diehards would welcome this, but what about the rest of mother earth's interest that it would take to make this a successful tour? They don't count? This is where a "hit single" is important. 

But hey, if you think starting to promote an album, without any mainstream hits, a year after its release is "smart", just be prepared for the outcome.

the same idiots.... hihi

You might want to re-read some of your incoherent posts before you go around labeling others as "idiots".

Just sayin ...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #976 on: June 06, 2009, 01:46:48 PM »

The plug has been pulled on all of it? 

It seems like it's the same old story.

A bunch of promoters want GN'R to perform all over the world, they start talking to the media/outsiders and then it turns out nothing was ever confirmed in the first place!

Then they turn around and say "GN'R canceled".... How can you cancel something that was not confirmed?

/jarmo

Exactly ! until I hear it from the horses mouth, then I will believe it.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #977 on: June 06, 2009, 01:49:21 PM »

Maybe they decided to finalize the next album. Release it this year (same bat-time, as Axl suggested), and then massiv tour in 2010 with a whole lotta new songs for the setlist....

Hey! Could be....   Smiley

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #978 on: June 06, 2009, 02:00:53 PM »

Lips Sealed
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #979 on: June 06, 2009, 02:02:27 PM »

You might want to re-read some of your incoherent posts before you go around labeling others as "idiots".

Just sayin ...

while you don't want to re read your own posts filled with uncalled for insults.  rofl
I've been coherent since day one on this board.

"They need to do this and that or they'll fail!"

translation "I want them(axl) to do this and that. If they don't, I'll wish them to fail!" lmao

actually puke
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: