Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:24:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 410728 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #940 on: June 05, 2009, 11:03:27 AM »

Amen to that!!

Thanks man, Ill probably get bashed for putting it out there!  But im off for the weekend shortly and i couldnt care less!  hihi
This band won't go far unless they can start actually doing things that bands do. like release a video, or play a show.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #941 on: June 05, 2009, 11:17:52 AM »

Amen to that!!

Thanks man, Ill probably get bashed for putting it out there!  But im off for the weekend shortly and i couldnt care less!  hihi
This band won't go far unless they can start actually doing things that bands do. like release a video, or play a show.

Not for nothing but I hope this inspires some intelligent conversation instead of people bashing and namecalling. You expressed your opinion which is a valid one and one your entitled too. I play in a band, and know that you really dont make money on album sales. The money is made by touring, merchandise etc. I feel bad for the supporting players because they should be out making money.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #942 on: June 05, 2009, 11:20:45 AM »

The persons still believing a (stadium) summer tour is still possible, are in my opinion a bit naive, not to say completely naive.

Guns is (at this moment!) unfortunately for us, not capable to make a world tour in stadiums. They are just not popular enough (anymore).
Maybe some show(s) will sell out, but most will be in half empty stadiums... (which is very bad for publicity)

Touring in smaller indoor places, is more likely to be planned in fall (if they want and if they can). Maybe it's better to wait for touring untill the time is fine (up to the guns and it's entourage to decide). This can be after releasing a real single (with video) or ..yeah...after the next album!

Touring is great for us fans, but we are not with enough anymore to  sell out most of the shows. Last tour(s) was also an apportunity for other people an new fans to see guns for the 1st time. Now that they did, a lot of them will not buy another ticket if nothing really happens in Guns world. And with happening I mean hitsingle(s) from the new stuff.

just my opinion.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 11:22:32 AM by The Prez » Logged

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #943 on: June 05, 2009, 11:36:28 AM »

Im sorry to say, but as Rob pointed out, outside of  fan forums, no one even knows about this band.  Im sorry to say, but as Rob pointed out, outside of  fan forums, no one even knows about this band.  I honestly just dont understand why it takes this band so long to do anything.  

maybe because nearly a hundred fan forum regulars can't make the thousands of 2006/7 tour attendance or 3 million sales worldwide. Roll Eyes
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #944 on: June 05, 2009, 11:37:37 AM »

Not for nothing but I hope this inspires some intelligent conversation instead of people bashing and namecalling. You expressed your opinion which is a valid one and one your entitled too. I play in a band, and know that you really dont make money on album sales. The money is made by touring, merchandise etc. I feel bad for the supporting players because they should be out making money.

yep I agree.  Touring an merchandise is a large part of all profit!  I hope so too, an intelligent debate would be nice but too much to ask of some.

Touring is great for us fans, but we are not with enough anymore to  sell out most of the shows. Last tour(s) was also an apportunity for other people an new fans to see guns for the 1st time. Now that they did, a lot of them will not buy another ticket if nothing really happens in Guns world. And with happening I mean hitsingle(s) from the new stuff.

Also agree, a single really is needed to get these guys some recognition.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #945 on: June 05, 2009, 11:37:47 AM »

Chinese Democracy momentum has slipped again... need to see something happening. I just went into Golden Discs and see Chinese Democracy on the SALE rack for ?7. Disappointing to see it there already, that wouldn't have happened back in the day. Maybe it'll sell a few more though. It's an awesome album and should've been supported with a few single releases and a video and an official announcement of tour dates. I find it hard to understand why promoters hadn't done more. This album shouldn't be allowed to slip away after the all the years we waited for it. We need a tour! Come on Axl, kick a few arses and make it happen!! confused

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #946 on: June 05, 2009, 11:43:51 AM »

Chinese Democracy momentum has slipped again... need to see something happening. I just went into Golden Discs and see Chinese Democracy on the SALE rack for ?7. Disappointing to see it there already, that wouldn't have happened back in the day. Maybe it'll sell a few more though. It's an awesome album and should've been supported with a few single releases and a video and an official announcement of tour dates. I find it hard to understand why promoters hadn't done more. This album shouldn't be allowed to slip away after the all the years we waited for it. We need a tour! Come on Axl, kick a few arses and make it happen!!

Yep, in my local extravision store it was for sale for the same price.  If you've ever been to extravision, you will know that up at the counter they try to off load stuff for real cheap!  Like old Dvds an stuff.  Chinese Democracy was in this pile!

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #947 on: June 05, 2009, 11:47:27 AM »

Chinese Democracy momentum has slipped again... need to see something happening. I just went into Golden Discs and see Chinese Democracy on the SALE rack for ?7. Disappointing to see it there already, that wouldn't have happened back in the day. Maybe it'll sell a few more though. It's an awesome album and should've been supported with a few single releases and a video and an official announcement of tour dates. I find it hard to understand why promoters hadn't done more. This album shouldn't be allowed to slip away after the all the years we waited for it. We need a tour! Come on Axl, kick a few arses and make it happen!!

Yep, in my local extravision store it was for sale for the same price.  If you've ever been to extravision, you will know that up at the counter they try to off load stuff for real cheap!  Like old Dvds an stuff.  Chinese Democracy was in this pile!

I know it's like this album is old news, need to get rid of it to make room for the new stuff... disappointing. But maybe a few more people might end up picking it up and realise what a treasure they've picked up at a great price! As soon as a band comes to town to play, the record shops hike the prices of the albums back up and put them in positions of prominence. That's where I want to see GNR
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 11:49:35 AM by gcluskey » Logged

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #948 on: June 05, 2009, 11:50:24 AM »

I know it's like this album is old news, need to get rid of it to make room for the new stuff... disappointing. But maybe a few more people might end up picking it up and realise what a treasure they've picked up at a great price! As soon as a band comes to town to play the record shops hike the prices of the albums back up and put them in positions of prominence. That's where I want to see GNR

A single would probably kick things in the right direction, followed by a tour.

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #949 on: June 05, 2009, 11:52:43 AM »

A single would probably kick things in the right direction, followed by a tour.
[/quote]

Absolutely, we need 'Better' out there on the airwaves to let the masses know that Axl still rocks!!!!

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #950 on: June 05, 2009, 11:54:07 AM »

yeah! 

Some of my friends know about this band but wont buy the album unless they know a "hit" or 2.  Same with most people except the hardcore fans on forums etc.

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #951 on: June 05, 2009, 11:54:41 AM »

Better is dead... that we even consider those songs singles...

Songs that would and have the oppertunity to become a hit should be released.

Catcher.
TIL
Sorry.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #952 on: June 05, 2009, 11:58:14 AM »

Better is dead... that we even consider those songs singles...

Songs that would and have the oppertunity to become a hit should be released.

Catcher.
TIL
Sorry.

Great songs for us but for radio-friendly airplay I think we need a punchy Guns n Roses song like 'Better' or 'IRS' with a catchy chorus that'll appeal to a wider group of people. Anyone I know that's not into GNR all like 'Better'.

Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #953 on: June 06, 2009, 07:22:13 AM »

From another forum:
"One of the largest media portals in Slovenia has just published an interview with an employe of a large concert promotion company working in Slovenia Simple events. He said that they were in the final stages of negotiations with GNR to play in Slovenia this Fall, but that the negotions failed, because GNR have postponed their tour. I guess this means GNR won`t be coming to Europe this year."
source:http://www.rtvslo.si/zabava/glasba/gunsi-b...o-skoraj/204633

Same thing seems to have happened in Norway!! Earlier this year there were talk about GNR coming to Stavanger, Norway. I joined a group on facebook were they tried to get people interested in the event.

At the end of April I got this message in my inbox from the group-administrator:

"Hey everybody. I`ve now spoken to one of the booking agents who tires to get bands to viking stadion. He told me That GNR where booked, but then they canceled the tour. AC/DC was to expensive, but Metallica, there are still a chance for them to get Metallica to viking stadion. they are now working with it. He also promessed me to check on the group once in a while to get more ideas of bands to viking stadion. The last thing he said to me was that he wanted to try to get Red Hot Chillipeppers to viking stadion.
More info will come if and when I heare more from the booking agent again."

So I guess it's safe to say that the wheels were in motion, but somehow the plug got pulled on the tour....

Stavanger-rock-city!!
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #954 on: June 06, 2009, 07:25:02 AM »

yeah! 

Some of my friends know about this band but wont buy the album unless they know a "hit" or 2.  Same with most people except the hardcore fans on forums etc.

Your friends must miss out on a lot of great albums.

And there goes the challenger...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #955 on: June 06, 2009, 07:39:30 AM »

The last thing he said to me was that he wanted to try to get Red Hot Chillipeppers to viking stadion. More info will come if and when I heare more from the booking agent again."[/i]
RHCP are pretty much on hiatus, weird that a promoter don't know that.. wouldn't trust it all that much
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #956 on: June 06, 2009, 09:26:23 AM »

The last thing he said to me was that he wanted to try to get Red Hot Chillipeppers to viking stadion. More info will come if and when I heare more from the booking agent again."[/i]
RHCP are pretty much on hiatus, weird that a promoter don't know that.. wouldn't trust it all that much

Huh

That the administrator was in touch with the promoter is widely know as fact among the scene here in town. So no doubt about that (if that's what you were gettin at...?)

The scene in stavanger ain't that big, so once the GNR-gig was confirmed, the word spread like wildfire. That's when it started to appear in the press here in Norway.

And the promoters are respected here in town as well, and have arranged several stadium gigs (Bob Dylan, Roger Waters, Bryan Adams, REM, Elton John)

But as we know from other places in Europe, plans came to an abrupt end!

When a promoter says "the gig was confirmed, but then the tour got canceled", that may be a way to "save face". But something was defenitely under way several places in Europe, but for whatever reason, plans got postponed/canceled....

And when the GNR-camp comes out and says something like: "No scheduled dates for Europe this summer...." Well, that's not exactly a lie, but it's not exactly the whole story either....   Roll Eyes

That's my view, at least....   ok

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #957 on: June 06, 2009, 09:52:54 AM »

^ I don't know if it backs up this Norway information, but the supposed negotiations in Brazil came to a similar end:

Sexta-feira, 5 de Junho de 2009
Guns, Metallica, Morrissey, Katy Perry e etc...

Well, well... here I am again, after a long break without big news...

I just heard from my sources that Axl canceled all negotiations for a latin-american tour, which would include Recife, through Raio Lazer [the promoter company]. Don't know exactly why, but from where it came from... The good news is that it's not exactly cancelling, but something that looks like a postponement. There is talks about the tour happening, but only in 2010.

(...)

Source: http://iurimoreira.blogspot.com/2009/06/guns-metallica-morrissey-katy-perry-e.html

The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #958 on: June 06, 2009, 10:18:12 AM »

Roll Eyes...
I can't say I'm really surprised unfortunately.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #959 on: June 06, 2009, 10:28:56 AM »

2010 here we come!!!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: