Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:32:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 410673 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #920 on: June 03, 2009, 10:40:45 AM »

Maybe there is no tour because the band is busy right now working on new songs???!!!   That'd be cool!!

Most bands tend to work on the current songs first and then work on new one's after tours etc.

Think it's getting a bit late to suddenly announce summer dates. GNR need to get back on the road this year though. Chinese Democracy is an amazing album and it just hasn't been given any promotion at all yet. One 'okay' single before the album that got fuck all airplay here in Ireland. That's it really. All the usual stuff about upcoming videos and tours gets frustrating for the fans when nothing happens. Patience was a fucking great song and it's something every GNR fan needs...'make it slow and we'll come together fine, all we need is just a little patience...Mm, yeah

i didnt realise there was more Irish on here!  beer

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #921 on: June 03, 2009, 11:29:12 AM »

would love to see you nailing all the robin parts on cd, note by note. and don't forget to add your feel.

Well as far as me it wouldn't be difficult at all. lolo  ok

I sure hope you're good at playing sloppy and off-key.   hihi

Yeah!!! I can do a good Jimmy Page......... rofl
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #922 on: June 03, 2009, 12:28:23 PM »

^ Please, DO so. Record something as good. Better: write better solos than him. That would be really cool to see.

And Rob, you really tries way too hard to hijack every single thread with your non-sense, don't you?

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #923 on: June 03, 2009, 12:40:11 PM »

^ Please, DO so. Record something as good. Better: write better solos than him. That would be really cool to see.

And Rob, you really tries way too hard to hijack every single thread with your non-sense, don't you?

That's funny.

Especially considering YOU are the one who continues to talk about how great an EX-MEMBER, who abandoned the band, is in a 'GNR stadium touring' thread.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 12:48:57 PM by -Rob- » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #924 on: June 03, 2009, 12:58:52 PM »

yea while you are trying hard to talk him down in the same tour thread.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #925 on: June 03, 2009, 01:05:32 PM »

Yeah Rob, whatever. I wont play your game.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #926 on: June 03, 2009, 04:06:51 PM »

I've said before and I'll say it again; I just hope that A) TIL is included on any tour that may happen and B) Whomever plays Robin's solo can even come close to capturing the feeling he put into the original.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #927 on: June 04, 2009, 01:01:45 PM »

Extreme/Ratt summer dates just announced...So perhaps a GN'R summer schedule can be announced..Doubtful but you never know...I'd love a scaled down club tour............By the way looking forward to Extreme!!!!!
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #928 on: June 04, 2009, 01:26:30 PM »

If they played a tour on that scale, there wouldn't really be much point.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #929 on: June 04, 2009, 01:58:22 PM »

Extreme/Ratt summer dates just announced...So perhaps a GN'R summer schedule can be announced..Doubtful but you never know...I'd love a scaled down club tour............By the way looking forward to Extreme!!!!!

A GNR tour because of legal and the size and magnitude would take alot longer to put together than Ratt/Extreme. No offense to those bands but theyre not GNR.
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #930 on: June 04, 2009, 05:30:56 PM »

Well i don't know if i'm reading in to this but i think we will hear something very soon...This what Del James posted on his myspace "gonna walk the earth, meet people... get into adventures. Like Caine from "Kung Fu." lol could mean anything... peace

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #931 on: June 04, 2009, 06:42:01 PM »

Well i don't know if i'm reading in to this but i think we will hear something very soon...This what Del James posted on his myspace "gonna walk the earth, meet people... get into adventures. Like Caine from "Kung Fu." lol could mean anything... peace

Isnt that what samuel L jackson says at the end of Pulp Fiction?

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #932 on: June 05, 2009, 12:21:51 AM »

lol i don't know...i'v only see some of that movie...i know i know...i'll get around to seeing the whole thing, i'm the same way with the godfather movies to. shame shame... rofl

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #933 on: June 05, 2009, 12:33:41 AM »

Yes it is.  When explaining his plans to Vincent Vega (John Travolta) now that he's retired from the gangster game. 

That's my favorite movie of all time by the way.  Haven't seen it in awhile though.

Oh, and I wouldn't read anything into Del putting that on his myspace page.  He's probably just a fan of the movie as well.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #934 on: June 05, 2009, 01:14:44 AM »

Was that today?  It might be because Carradine was found dead.
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #935 on: June 05, 2009, 01:32:00 AM »

I really hope they're planing something , in fact I'm almost certain they are this is the first summer after CD was released , mind you the album that everyone and their mother swore wouldn't ever see the light of day , just with that fact I'm sure Axl is eager to get a tour going to play material from that album.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #936 on: June 05, 2009, 09:33:39 AM »

A GNR tour because of legal and the size and magnitude would take alot longer to put together than Ratt/Extreme. No offense to those bands but theyre not GNR.

No offense, but I think you're wrong.

A tour is a tour. And despite us being GNR fans, there is no "size and magnitude" issue regarding a guns tour. That is just fan concocted make believe and wishful thinking.

Keep in mind, this is no longer the late 80s/ early 90s. Unfortunately, a gunner tour with the present lineup isn't nearly as in demand as one may think once logging out of a fan forum. In fact, I don't think most casual fans or listeners would look at a Ratt/Extreme tour too much differently than they would a guns tour in terms of "magnitude". For the most part, I think the consensus would be that they are all nostalgia acts. That may not be your opinion or mine, but to most, it probably is.

And what "legal" issues involving a tour are you suggesting may be present?

peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #937 on: June 05, 2009, 10:23:27 AM »

No offense, but I think you're wrong.

A tour is a tour. And despite us being GNR fans, there is no "size and magnitude" issue regarding a guns tour. That is just fan concocted make believe and wishful thinking.

Keep in mind, this is no longer the late 80s/ early 90s. Unfortunately, a gunner tour with the present lineup isn't nearly as in demand as one may think once logging out of a fan forum. In fact, I don't think most casual fans or listeners would look at a Ratt/Extreme tour too much differently than they would a guns tour in terms of "magnitude". For the most part, I think the consensus would be that they are all nostalgia acts. That may not be your opinion or mine, but to most, it probably is.

And what "legal" issues involving a tour are you suggesting may be present?

[/quote

The legal issues im referring to are trying to find someone who will sponsor a tour for a  band that has a track record of cancelling shows,  and showing up late which costs money in late fees and ot fees for workers at the venues. Regarding your other point, i have to disagree respectfully. Neither Ratt or Extreme were ever as big as GNR. I dont think either ever really did big arena tours let alone stadium ones. While I dont think GNR is really a stadium band anymore im pretty sure they can still sell out arenas. I dont really consider them part of the whole nostalgia tour genre...i think the important bands of certain eras are always relevant.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #938 on: June 05, 2009, 10:53:12 AM »

in all fairness, touring shouldn't be too hard  to arrange.  All bands do it when they release an album.  and the longer that nothing is arranged, the less people will care for the album.

Most big festivals/shows happen over the summer and its looking unlikely for GNR this summer.  Are they going to wait til next summer?

Im sorry to say, but as Rob pointed out, outside of  fan forums, no one even knows about this band.  I honestly just dont understand why it takes this band so long to do anything.  15 years working on an album and now 7 months later we're no closer to knowing if they're gonna do anything to promote it.

It would seem that the only thing that ever gets announced is the arrival of some new band member.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #939 on: June 05, 2009, 10:57:02 AM »

in all fairness, touring shouldn't be too hard  to arrange.  All bands do it when they release an album.  and the longer that nothing is arranged, the less people will care for the album.

Most big festivals/shows happen over the summer and its looking unlikely for GNR this summer.  Are they going to wait til next summer?

Im sorry to say, but as Rob pointed out, outside of  fan forums, no one even knows about this band.  I honestly just dont understand why it takes this band so long to do anything.  15 years working on an album and now 7 months later we're no closer to knowing if they're gonna do anything to promote it.

It would seem that the only thing that ever gets announced is the arrival of some new band member.

Amen to that!!
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: