Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:30:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 410657 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #900 on: June 01, 2009, 11:43:13 PM »

something will have to happen sometime.   not too worried about when.  smoking
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #901 on: June 01, 2009, 11:53:22 PM »

I think those doubting a Tour should understand one factor thats listed on this board. Its the Brian Manta piece. In it Manta claims he spent 6 months learning 30+ songs , all the beats Freeze done and was asked to add some things to the songs as well. Now back before April its a bet that before Ashba was hired , the original idea was to get Finick back and the band tour. But once they couldn't get him back....it became clear a new man was needed to be hired.

So the process repeated. The new guy has to learn the songs and learn all of Finick's spots in songs. And for the next album , Rose will let Ashba add his own things as well.

The only problem with that theory is didn't Bumblefoot learn all the songs in a couple weeks time back in 2006 when he joined the band?  Granted there are even more songs to learn now but it shouldn't take months longer for DJ to learn what Ron did in a few weeks, I wouldn't think.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #902 on: June 02, 2009, 03:23:23 AM »

Been like that for what, 15 years? I love the band and all but the way they go about keeping the fan base up to date is ridiculous.

The last year or so has been better than many previous eras.

People just forget very fast.

If they're not fed info all the time, they'll forget what happened only a few weeks ago...

/jarmo

Talking about the Del James interview I guess? That was cool, no doubt. I'm not bitter or anything, I just like to know what's up with my favorite band and it wouldn't be hard for them to fill us in once in a while.

Within the last six months, Axl was on the boards, several interviews with multiple band members were published (not just Axl in Billboard) and they announced a new guitar player.

Just saying...

/jarmo

It was realy cool from Axl doing the board interviews and stuff but it would be so much better if he focus himself on the promotion of Chinese Democracy (probably too late), the band, new video, a tour etc. You speak about what Axl had done in the past 6 months but that's all relative when you know that the last board interview he did was about 6 months ago. And what did we hear from Ashba after the news that he is the new guitar player 2 months ago? Nothing. I know and realize that Axl doesn't owe us anything but a little update once in a month would be welcome.
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #903 on: June 02, 2009, 04:32:26 AM »

I think those doubting a Tour should understand one factor thats listed on this board. Its the Brian Manta piece. In it Manta claims he spent 6 months learning 30+ songs , all the beats Freeze done and was asked to add some things to the songs as well. Now back before April its a bet that before Ashba was hired , the original idea was to get Finick back and the band tour. But once they couldn't get him back....it became clear a new man was needed to be hired.

So the process repeated. The new guy has to learn the songs and learn all of Finick's spots in songs. And for the next album , Rose will let Ashba add his own things as well.

The only problem with that theory is didn't Bumblefoot learn all the songs in a couple weeks time back in 2006 when he joined the band?  Granted there are even more songs to learn now but it shouldn't take months longer for DJ to learn what Ron did in a few weeks, I wouldn't think.

I may be wrong, but I've heard that bumblefoot has the musical equivalent of a photographic memory, so he would be able to learn all the songs very quickly.  For a regular guitarist, it'll take a lot longer to learn however many songs there are (probably not more than a two months though). 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #904 on: June 02, 2009, 05:03:30 AM »

The new guy has to learn the songs and learn all of Finick's spots in songs

ok, if your a good guitar player getting paid a LOT of money to be in GNR, it should only take one week to learn the songs.  maybe a further 2 weeks to rehearse with the band.  he will get more comfortable withthe songs when playing the shows.

I can assure you all that this is NOT the issue!  I play guitar myself and i know that its NOT difficult to learn some songs.  Especially not if its your career and your getting paid well to do so.  Didnt Gilby learn all the songs in like 2 weeks.  Didnt Slash and steven learn the old set by staying up all night and learning the songs.   i know there are more songs now but its now but it aint that difficult.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #905 on: June 02, 2009, 08:10:39 AM »

It was realy cool from Axl doing the board interviews and stuff but it would be so much better if he focus himself on the promotion of Chinese Democracy (probably too late), the band, new video, a tour etc. You speak about what Axl had done in the past 6 months but that's all relative when you know that the last board interview he did was about 6 months ago. And what did we hear from Ashba after the news that he is the new guitar player 2 months ago? Nothing. I know and realize that Axl doesn't owe us anything but a little update once in a month would be welcome.

What's the point in making a video when it will never be seen?  Forget the video, it's waste of money.  It's not like it was in the 80's and early 90's you will never see the video.

-Larry
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #906 on: June 02, 2009, 10:55:23 AM »

The new guy has to learn the songs and learn all of Finick's spots in songs

ok, if your a good guitar player getting paid a LOT of money to be in GNR, it should only take one week to learn the songs.  maybe a further 2 weeks to rehearse with the band.  he will get more comfortable withthe songs when playing the shows.

I can assure you all that this is NOT the issue!  I play guitar myself and i know that its NOT difficult to learn some songs.  Especially not if its your career and your getting paid well to do so.  Didnt Gilby learn all the songs in like 2 weeks.  Didnt Slash and steven learn the old set by staying up all night and learning the songs.   i know there are more songs now but its now but it aint that difficult.

Actually you do have a point there. I'm a lead guitarist and if Axl called me up and said: "Bitch Slap Rappin I'm going to hire you for the tour. Quit your day job and learn the new cd along with the following list of songs." You'd bet it would take less than three weeks for me to familiarise myself with the entire set of songs for the tour. Than from that point on I'd smooth out all the rough edges of whatever parts I had to learn. lolo
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #907 on: June 02, 2009, 11:30:46 AM »

I'm fairly confident that the tour delay has nothing to do with DJ being able to learn the songs in time.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #908 on: June 02, 2009, 11:40:22 AM »

Actually you do have a point there. I'm a lead guitarist and if Axl called me up and said: "Bitch Slap Rappin I'm going to hire you for the tour. Quit your day job and learn the new cd along with the following list of songs." You'd bet it would take less than three weeks for me to familiarise myself with the entire set of songs for the tour. Than from that point on I'd smooth out all the rough edges of whatever parts I had to learn. lolo

i know what ya mean man!  its aint that difficult is it!   beer

I'm fairly confident that the tour delay has nothing to do with DJ being able to learn the songs in time.

I totally agree.  Wishful thinking by some.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #909 on: June 02, 2009, 05:21:18 PM »

would love to see you nailing all the robin parts on cd, note by note. and don't forget to add your feel.
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #910 on: June 02, 2009, 05:42:18 PM »

What's the point in making a video when it will never be seen?  Forget the video, it's waste of money.  It's not like it was in the 80's and early 90's you will never see the video.

-Larry

Releasing a video will be a good signal toward the fans that this band is still alive. But your probably right. Just forget the video, a summer/fall tour, promotion,... because it's all a waste of mony.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #911 on: June 02, 2009, 09:35:28 PM »

that may be true but bumblefoot was talking to and approached about joining guns back in 2004 when bucket left; just because they made the announcement in 2006, doesn't mean he didn't play/practise/jam with them wel before he became a member
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #912 on: June 02, 2009, 10:33:35 PM »

that may be true but bumblefoot was talking to and approached about joining guns back in 2004 when bucket left; just because they made the announcement in 2006, doesn't mean he didn't play/practise/jam with them wel before he became a member
Yeah, but I thought that's how the story went.  He learned the songs in a few weeks.  Either way though, DJ's job would be tougher learning an entire albums worth of new material as opposed to when Ron joined the band he only had to learn about half the album (for touring purposes at least).  I'll assume most rock guitarists could learn the classic GNR tunes a little easier since they're so well known, Ron even played a couple prior to joining the band.

But, I don't think DJ's learning curve is the reason they're not on the road now or there aren't any dates on the horizon.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #913 on: June 03, 2009, 12:43:07 AM »

^^starting to think that as well; a few weeks ago wasn't expecting much-looks like they can lock this thread cause I think it may be impossible to book a summer stadium tour on June 2nd Wink
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #914 on: June 03, 2009, 08:25:35 AM »

I'm sure DJ could learn everything in 2 or 3 weeks. It's not all the solos, but just Robin's ones (and still, they might give some to Richard). And I assume some of the old songs won't be played again (at least at the begining of the tour), so it may be the same amount of songs Ron had to learn.

Anyways, I wouldn't take the "summer tour" too hard. I mean, it may be the intention but not anymore. Still doesn't mean they won't do a tour in another season. Tongue

Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #915 on: June 03, 2009, 09:31:22 AM »

would love to see you nailing all the robin parts on cd, note by note. and don't forget to add your feel.

Well as far as me it wouldn't be difficult at all. lolo  ok
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #916 on: June 03, 2009, 09:45:05 AM »

Maybe there is no tour because the band is busy right now working on new songs???!!!   That'd be cool!!
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #917 on: June 03, 2009, 09:55:52 AM »

Think it's getting a bit late to suddenly announce summer dates. GNR need to get back on the road this year though. Chinese Democracy is an amazing album and it just hasn't been given any promotion at all yet. One 'okay' single before the album that got fuck all airplay here in Ireland. That's it really. All the usual stuff about upcoming videos and tours gets frustrating for the fans when nothing happens. Patience was a fucking great song and it's something every GNR fan needs...'make it slow and we'll come together fine, all we need is just a little patience...Mm, yeah Smiley

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #918 on: June 03, 2009, 10:32:31 AM »

Well as far as me it wouldn't be difficult at all. lolo  ok

I sure hope you're good at playing sloppy and off-key.   hihi
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #919 on: June 03, 2009, 10:32:51 AM »

Not that this matters, and not sure if anyone posted it, but Eddie Van Halen sayd VH wont tour till next year, which squashes any GNR/VH rumors which may have been left

libertad
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: