Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:28:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 410610 times)
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #880 on: June 01, 2009, 04:31:59 PM »

whatever is going to happen/not happen, I think it is time for the fan's to get some kind of update, even if it is negative feedback.  It just seems that fan's are left confused lately.  No tour, no video and no news on the best buy deal. 

Been like that for what, 15 years? I love the band and all but the way they go about keeping the fan base up to date is ridiculous.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #881 on: June 01, 2009, 05:15:34 PM »

Been like that for what, 15 years? I love the band and all but the way they go about keeping the fan base up to date is ridiculous.

The last year or so has been better than many previous eras.

People just forget very fast.

If they're not fed info all the time, they'll forget what happened only a few weeks ago...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #882 on: June 01, 2009, 05:24:23 PM »

If they're not fed info all the time, they'll forget what happened only a few weeks ago...

/jarmo

Huh What happened a few weeks ago? I forget.

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #883 on: June 01, 2009, 05:28:16 PM »

Axl seemed like he was making some real progress ending 2008.

The album release, chats, potential videos ... etc. It really looked as though 2009 was going to be a promising year. And this was 8-9 months after Robin had jumped ship.

It really sucks how everything went from smelling like roses to shit in such a short period of time. I can't help but to think the album's lackluster reception and low sales greatly contributed to why we're back in a 2005-ish mode now. Definite downer.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 05:30:41 PM by -Rob- » Logged
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #884 on: June 01, 2009, 05:34:09 PM »

The album release, chats, potential videos ... etc. It really looked as though 2009 was going to be a promising year. And this was 8-9 months after Robin had jumped ship.

It really sucks how everything went from smelling like roses to shit in such a short period of time. I can't help but to think the album's lackluster reception and low sales greatly contributed to why we're back in a 2005-ish mode now. Definite downer.

You are correct - and I hope people remember this ^^ post next time they say "album sales aren't important, you have the record, enjoy the music, etc. etc. blah blah blah ...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #885 on: June 01, 2009, 05:40:49 PM »

Huh What happened a few weeks ago? I forget.

Generally speaking.

You are correct - and I hope people remember this ^^ post next time they say "album sales aren't important, you have the record, enjoy the music, etc. etc. blah blah blah ...

You (not aimed at you personally) might wanna remember that next time you point out that people requesting songs are stupid, leaks are cool etc.

The way I see it, is that when there's not much going on in the GN'R world, I hope the whiners are happy.

They're the ones who constantly put down the band in times that the band was doing something (releasing an album, playing shows, doing interviews etc.).

You got your wish, the band isn't doing all those "horrible" things you objected to. I hope you're happy!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #886 on: June 01, 2009, 05:41:01 PM »

/jarmo

Talking about the Del James interview I guess? That was cool, no doubt. I'm not bitter or anything, I just like to know what's up with my favorite band and it wouldn't be hard for them to fill us in once in a while.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #887 on: June 01, 2009, 05:42:41 PM »

/jarmo

Talking about the Del James interview I guess? That was cool, no doubt. I'm not bitter or anything, I just like to know what's up with my favorite band and it wouldn't be hard for them to fill us in once in a while.

Within the last six months, Axl was on the boards, several interviews with multiple band members were published (not just Axl in Billboard) and they announced a new guitar player.

Just saying...

/jarmo

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #888 on: June 01, 2009, 09:05:57 PM »

No question leaks hurt all albums to a certain degree, but I think they were only one factor in this album's lack of success. We all know the other reasons, so no need to re-hash what's already known.

I'm not sure if Adler ever made mention of when that $150 million offer for 20 reunion shows was made, but if it was recently, it kind of sheds some light as to what the behind the scene issues may be.

After spending 10 years re-building the band and FINALLY releasing "the most anticipated album ever",  what was it greeted by? Promoters offering a shit ton of money for X number of shows performed by the original lineup. While it would have been a whole lot of fans really happy, I'm sure it was a pretty big smack in the face to Axl and his band.

Considering the less-than-par album sales, I'm sure tour projections (in the US especially) didn't look overly appealing. Especially when you consider half the album has been played live starting back as early as 2001. So I don't think it's too far fetched to assume that Axl may have been told that another 'Chinese Democracy' related tour wouldn't do very well.

To add insult to injury, he may have been offered this lucrative reunion deal instead; especially considering the dough that could be made off this highly demanded event. Don't forget, Azoff is the man when it comes to these "not unless hell freezes over" events. I'm still convinced that's his main objective in all this considering the pay day involved if it were to ever happen.

Get Axl to release Chinese D = CHECK
Get Axl to agree to a reunion =

No doubt, both would make pretty nice bullet points on one's resume.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:09:35 PM by -Rob- » Logged
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #889 on: June 01, 2009, 09:09:25 PM »

I'm not sure if Adler ever made mention of when that $150 million offer for 20 reunion shows was made, but if it was recently, it kind of sheds some light as to what the behind the scene issues may be.

Those rumours happened in 2006.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #890 on: June 01, 2009, 09:17:22 PM »

Considering the less-than-par album sales, I'm sure tour projections (in the US especially) didn't look overly appealing. Especially when you consider half the album has been played live starting back as early as 2001. So I don't think it's too far fetched to assume that Axl may have been told that another 'Chinese Democracy' related tour wouldn't do very well.

There you go again assuming shit while managing to bring up that dream reunion into the topic. How nice of you!

People have been wanting to make money on that reunion for years.

This thread has nothing to do with the reunion theories. You have your own thread in the Dead Horse section to discuss that in.

It's unfortunate that some of you won't pay attention to what Axl has said instead of going on and on about it.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:24:07 PM by jarmo » Logged

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #891 on: June 01, 2009, 09:26:24 PM »

There you go again assuming shit while managing to bring up that dream reunion into the topic. How nice of you!

People have been wanting to make money on that reunion for years.

It's unfortunate that some of you won't pay attention to what Axl has said instead of going on and on about it.

/jarmo

Umm ... I'm well aware that "summer stadium touring" is the topic here.

Considering this "summer stadium tour" seems highly unlikely at this point, I was merely speculating as to why it didn't happen. What should we say now that it's June and no dates have been confirmed?

I'm also well aware of Axl's stance on a reunion. I'm not sure how your "not paying attention to Axl" comment was even relevant to anything that I said.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #892 on: June 01, 2009, 09:29:25 PM »

It's relevant because he made his point and you keep bringing it up anyway.

Go play in the Dead Horse section if that's your idea of fun.

/jarmo

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #893 on: June 01, 2009, 09:42:10 PM »

/jarmo

Jarmo, the "r" word had little to do with the point I was trying to emphasize. I was simply  giving a theory on what could have happened that would have prevented a summer tour from happening.

I'm well aware of the point that he made. It doesn't mean the offer wasn't made regardless.

ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #894 on: June 01, 2009, 10:27:08 PM »

I think those doubting a Tour should understand one factor thats listed on this board. Its the Brian Manta piece. In it Manta claims he spent 6 months learning 30+ songs , all the beats Freeze done and was asked to add some things to the songs as well. Now back before April its a bet that before Ashba was hired , the original idea was to get Finick back and the band tour. But once they couldn't get him back....it became clear a new man was needed to be hired.

So the process repeated. The new guy has to learn the songs and learn all of Finick's spots in songs. And for the next album , Rose will let Ashba add his own things as well.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #895 on: June 01, 2009, 10:46:22 PM »

/jarmo

Jarmo, the "r" word had little to do with the point I was trying to emphasize.

then why did you bring it up  Undecided

theres no reason for it now.  that door has been shut, and those of us with common sense saw this a long time ago. 
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #896 on: June 01, 2009, 11:07:26 PM »

theres no reason for it now.  that door has been shut, and those of us with common sense saw this a long time ago. 

Did you even bother to read what I wrote? Probably not.

Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #897 on: June 01, 2009, 11:14:47 PM »

SUMMER TOUR!

Okay everybody ... it's time to detail your van and put some J?germeister on ice. Let's get ready for the Summer Tour!

SMFS is going to be grillin' and chillin' in the lot all Summer. I'm going to be grilling my world-famous GN'R Shish Kebabs (Garlic N Rabbit), and of course it wouldn't be GN'R Summer Tour without some Chinese Food.

I'm making The General Tso's Chicken Dinner and we're going to be cranking out tunes from the boombox WAY TOO LOUD.

I have the whole 2006/7 tour in my disc changer, so stop by and have a Jello shot with me before you head in.

I know alot of you haven't seen Guns N' Roses is a while so remember: Axl Rose usually takes the stage pretty late, so why not hangout, have some Chinese Food or a shish kebab and pound a few beers with SMFS before you head in to the show.  beer

Alright Gunners, see you on the tour!!!!!

are u ok?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #898 on: June 01, 2009, 11:35:02 PM »

Did you even bother to read what I wrote? Probably not.

yes, and i still don't see why you need to bring those kinds of 'theories' into the discussion.  tired of it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #899 on: June 01, 2009, 11:39:40 PM »

Maybe it was planned but Van Halen didn't want to open or maybe the money couldn't be settled so it fell apart.

I can't see a Summer anything happening but its only June 1st.

Would make no sense to hire DJ Ashba if they weren't gonna do something.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: