Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:19:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 410549 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #860 on: May 29, 2009, 10:15:15 PM »

Warm up shows should be coming soon, Then over seas to do big shows. And then come back and do shows in the U.S. late summer into fall and winter. And if that all goes well Stadium shows in U.S. in 2010.
Wait I thought the Stadium shows in the U.S. were going to happen like by the end of this summer

Guess that's what rs com implied. The band members only said they were rehearsing for upcoming tour.

Let's rehearse and sit around for a year after that.

They wouldn't be rehearsing unless an imminent tour was in the works. 
While I'd love to agree with you.  As we all know, plans can change.  So maybe the PLAN was to tour this summer, but as of right now it'd take a miracle to make that happen.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #861 on: May 29, 2009, 10:54:12 PM »

It'll happen, but it might be a bit late for the summer.   The day they start announcing dates is going to be a happy day on this site.  Smiley
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #862 on: May 29, 2009, 10:56:02 PM »

It'll happen, but it might be a bit late for the summer.   The day they start announcing dates is going to be a happy day on this site.  Smiley

How long has it been now since they've been out of rehearsals?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #863 on: May 29, 2009, 11:06:19 PM »

How long has it been now since they've been out of rehearsals?

According to this, since around May 5th.

# Just ran into Mr. F. Ferrer in Maplewood. Home in NJ for a 3 week break. Playing with Pisser in NYC on 5/22. Strigl
6:11 AM May 5th from txt

http://twitter.com/talkingmetal

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #864 on: May 30, 2009, 03:44:51 PM »

You know my feeling.  One day Richard is talking about rehearsals and the next day they were over.  And now the guys are getting themsleves busy.  I think they were planning on leaving, still want to take out, just waiting for plans to come together.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #865 on: May 30, 2009, 07:28:27 PM »

You know my feeling.  One day Richard is talking about rehearsals and the next day they were over.  And now the guys are getting themsleves busy.  I think they were planning on leaving, still want to take out, just waiting for plans to come together.

I think something was in the works, but it appears more obstacles were encountered.

The Asba announcement was made over 2 months ago now.  While I can see them not having enough time to prepare for a spring tour, a summer tour seemed more than do-able.

Personally, I think it's more than just Robin being gone at this point. Maybe sales projections or Axl not getting the kind of support he was looking for. Who knows.

It's unfortunate though. I wouldn't have minded going to see Axl perform this summer.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #866 on: May 31, 2009, 09:44:20 AM »

Hopefully we will hear some dates in the near future.  I can't wait !

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
cineater
Legend

« Reply #867 on: June 01, 2009, 12:50:48 AM »

Oh god I love this rumor.  Tour bus driver passing through Missouri say the tour buses for the GNR US tour are booked.  This so fits in my world.  Got it from that other board.

eragon
Rocker

« Reply #868 on: June 01, 2009, 04:22:39 AM »

Warm up shows should be coming soon, Then over seas to do big shows. And then come back and do shows in the U.S. late summer into fall and winter. And if that all goes well Stadium shows in U.S. in 2010.

Before that happens we need a statement from the band wich confirms this. Everybody can make such statements but imo there won't be a tour as long we don't have any "official" news.
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #869 on: June 01, 2009, 05:12:12 AM »

if the driver Wink says the trueth great news
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 05:13:50 AM by kollemann » Logged

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #870 on: June 01, 2009, 05:13:46 AM »

if the driver Wink says the trues great news

Oh my God. Roll Eyes
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #871 on: June 01, 2009, 06:33:36 AM »

yeah summer is definitely out of the question if GNR were a normal band...which we all know they are not...But I would assume they will be playin in the fall.  But what do I  know?  besides nothing.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #872 on: June 01, 2009, 09:15:51 AM »

yeah summer is definitely out of the question if GNR were a normal band...which we all know they are not...But I would assume they will be playin in the fall.  But what do I  know?  besides nothing.
I would say summer is close to out as well.  And I'd be surprised if they toured the US at this point.  They'd have to step things up and make an effort to get in the public eye first.  At least that would help.  Overseas would be a smarter choice to start and build up some momentum.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #873 on: June 01, 2009, 09:31:36 AM »

whatever is going to happen/not happen, I think it is time for the fan's to get some kind of update, even if it is negative feedback.  It just seems that fan's are left confused lately.  No tour, no video and no news on the best buy deal. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #874 on: June 01, 2009, 10:22:36 AM »

Before that happens we need a statement from the band wich confirms this. Everybody can make such statements but imo there won't be a tour as long we don't have any "official" news.

aren't tour dates usually announced by promoters first? they were in 2006/7.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #875 on: June 01, 2009, 10:23:05 AM »

if they were planning a fall/winter tour why did they replace Robin ? unless there's dates in sept it doesn't make sense to me.  Except for the rehearsal factor.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #876 on: June 01, 2009, 12:08:38 PM »

whatever is going to happen/not happen, I think it is time for the fan's to get some kind of update, even if it is negative feedback.  It just seems that fan's are left confused lately.  No tour, no video and no news on the best buy deal. 

Yep, I agree!  Even if there's no news or only bad news, I think a lot more good will would be generated if there was any kind of dialogue.  But like always, we'll just wait and see . . .
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #877 on: June 01, 2009, 12:26:26 PM »

SUMMER TOUR!

Okay everybody ... it's time to detail your van and put some J?germeister on ice. Let's get ready for the Summer Tour!

SMFS is going to be grillin' and chillin' in the lot all Summer. I'm going to be grilling my world-famous GN'R Shish Kebabs (Garlic N Rabbit), and of course it wouldn't be GN'R Summer Tour without some Chinese Food.

I'm making The General Tso's Chicken Dinner and we're going to be cranking out tunes from the boombox WAY TOO LOUD.

I have the whole 2006/7 tour in my disc changer, so stop by and have a Jello shot with me before you head in.

I know alot of you haven't seen Guns N' Roses is a while so remember: Axl Rose usually takes the stage pretty late, so why not hangout, have some Chinese Food or a shish kebab and pound a few beers with SMFS before you head in to the show.  beer

Alright Gunners, see you on the tour!!!!!

cineater
Legend

« Reply #878 on: June 01, 2009, 01:14:11 PM »

Wait, who are you?  That sounds like fun.

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #879 on: June 01, 2009, 01:28:07 PM »

if they were planning a fall/winter tour why did they replace Robin ? unless there's dates in sept it doesn't make sense to me.  Except for the rehearsal factor.

Just my 2 cents ...

I think they originally planned to tour this summer. But after weighing tour projections and  low album sales, offers probably didn't include the "red carpet" rollout that Axl was hoping for. Thus, a new silent era instead of confirmed, summer tour dates.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: