Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:24:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 410345 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #800 on: May 18, 2009, 07:55:49 AM »

Trunk is saying the same things we are, wondering what and why the lack of info again from the band.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #801 on: May 18, 2009, 07:59:52 AM »

Eddie isn't the fortune teller.  He does not have the Magic 8 Ball.

Is a magic 8 ball necessary to make the statement that he made? He's got eyes and ears just like the rest of us. And at the moment, a tour doesn't "appear" imminent; despite rehearsals supposedly being wrapped up. He never said that they weren't going to tour, just that there were no plans. Since we have yet to hear confirmation of a tour by the band or management, I don't see his statement being very twisted or unfair. If you recall, the last thing Axl said on the matter was that there were "no plans".

The last sentence of what Trunk said seems to point more about trying to garner some publicity for his show inthe hope that Axl might come back on it.

And? Who cares?  If Eddie constantly spent his time bashing Axl or the band I could see where a comment like that might be warranted, but the guy does seem like a pretty genuine fan. And it's good for Axl that he has a guy like Eddie who does seem interested to hear from the new band. God knows there are plenty of other DJs and talk-show personalities who could care less and would only use such an interview as a means of exploiting.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #802 on: May 18, 2009, 08:23:15 AM »

You mean these?

September 12, Buenos Aires, Argentina
September 16, Santiago, Chile
Spetember 19, Recife, Brasil

any more info about those dates? I'm not asking for a ''reliable source'', I just want a link to that info. Thanks in advance.

If those dates are true, i will be there all three dates.  beer

It was in the comments over at the Chinese Democracy blog by anonymous.  No clue where it came from but it had a fimilar ring to when some one else use to leave little tid bits out there for us to find.  Just wondering if any one else got a hit on those dates from some where else.  And isn't Brazil spelled with a z?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #803 on: May 18, 2009, 09:35:08 AM »

[/quote]

It was in the comments over at the Chinese Democracy blog by anonymous.  No clue where it came from but it had a fimilar ring to when some one else use to leave little tid bits out there for us to find.  Just wondering if any one else got a hit on those dates from some where else.  And isn't Brazil spelled with a z?
[/quote]

Not in BRASIL. ok

Keep em under your wheels.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #804 on: May 18, 2009, 09:52:02 AM »

I'm from Recife - BraSil and I got nothing on this matter yet.

Actually, I think it's quite odd to have the gig there (I'm in S?o Paulo atm), but if it indeed happen, it wouldn't be the only date in Brasil.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #805 on: May 18, 2009, 12:09:47 PM »

You mean these?

September 12, Buenos Aires, Argentina
September 16, Santiago, Chile
Spetember 19, Recife, Brasil

any more info about those dates? I'm not asking for a ''reliable source'', I just want a link to that info. Thanks in advance.

If those dates are true, i will be there all three dates.  beer

thanks.

not in Brazil, not in Argentina or the rest of southamerica.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
cineater
Legend

« Reply #806 on: May 18, 2009, 06:54:19 PM »

Well then guess we'll just wait and see.  I have to say though that was posted before rehearsals came to an abrupt halt.  I'd say we were dead in the water except for the latest out of Isreal. 

I hope they do South America, pulling for you guys.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #807 on: May 18, 2009, 07:08:58 PM »

Well then guess we'll just wait and see.  I have to say though that was posted before rehearsals came to an abrupt halt.  I'd say we were dead in the water except for the latest out of Isreal. 

I hope they do South America, pulling for you guys.

Who reported that rehearsals came to an abrupt halt?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Christian
VIP

« Reply #808 on: May 18, 2009, 09:25:54 PM »

Bumblefoot Twitter...
Doesn't he says something like: "hey, i'm taking a 3 week break"
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #809 on: May 18, 2009, 10:14:57 PM »

Bumblefoot Twitter...

thatz correct, I guess is a break from rehearsals but dont know whats coming after those 3 weeks, so we have no choice than wait, I think the 3 week period is soon to end.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #810 on: May 18, 2009, 11:01:05 PM »

Bumblefoot Twitter...

thatz correct, I guess is a break from rehearsals but dont know whats coming after those 3 weeks, so we have no choice than wait, I think the 3 week period is soon to end.
It's actually from the Talking Metal guys twitter.  I wouldn't exactly call it an "abrupt" 3 week break.  We have no idea how abrupt or planned it was.

http://twitter.com/talkingmetal

Just ran into Mr. F. Ferrer in Maplewood. Home in NJ for a 3 week break. Playing with Pisser in NYC on 5/22. Strigl
6:11AM May 5th from txt

By the way, Bumblefoot's latest twitter post is interesting.

http://twitter.com/bumblefoot

Duff McKagan's LOADED 8pm Tue May 19 2009 Blender Theater 127 E23 St NYC. (I'll be there, maybe with guitar in hand for a song or two....?)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:07:28 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #811 on: May 18, 2009, 11:50:19 PM »

Bumblefoot Twitter...

It's actually from the Talking Metal guys twitter.  I wouldn't exactly call it an "abrupt" 3 week break.  We have no idea how abrupt or planned it was.

http://twitter.com/talkingmetal

Just ran into Mr. F. Ferrer in Maplewood. Home in NJ for a 3 week break. Playing with Pisser in NYC on 5/22. Strigl
6:11AM May 5th from txt

By the way, Bumblefoot's latest twitter post is interesting.

http://twitter.com/bumblefoot

Duff McKagan's LOADED 8pm Tue May 19 2009 Blender Theater 127 E23 St NYC. (I'll be there, maybe with guitar in hand for a song or two....?)

mmm ok so was Frank,  i would love to see BBfoot playing with Duff!
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #812 on: May 19, 2009, 01:36:35 PM »

Eddie isn't the fortune teller.  He does not have the Magic 8 Ball.
Nope its called weed hahaha. smoking

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #813 on: May 19, 2009, 07:20:38 PM »

The last sentence of what Trunk said seems to point more about trying to garner some publicity for his show inthe hope that Axl might come back on it.

Absolutely. The story itself is an open request for anyone with information to come forward.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #814 on: May 20, 2009, 06:57:13 AM »

So there was never a report saying rehearsals came to an abrupt halt? Just fans interpreting Twitter posts that way?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #815 on: May 20, 2009, 08:06:50 AM »

You got it russ, no rert whatsoever about rehearsals coming to an abrupt hault.  Pure speculation.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #816 on: May 20, 2009, 08:28:49 AM »

You got it russ, no rert whatsoever about rehearsals coming to an abrupt hault.  Pure speculation.

Ok cool. Thanks for the clarification. I'm all for finding out new info asap but it's hard to keep this stuff straight with people passing their interpretations off as fact.

Thus, the internet I guess...  hihi

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #817 on: May 21, 2009, 04:24:38 PM »

This site is saying GNR wants to tour @ Peru because the Chile gig was unvailable:

"The american band Guns N' Roses studies the possibility to come to Peru, if Chile keeps denying the Nacional de Santiago stadium. The band has a scheduled global tour to introduce the so-waited Chinese Democracy album, wich had almost 15 years in the making."

Source: http://www.cpnradio.pe/html/2009/05/20/5/465.htm and AndreGNR from PerfectCrimeGNR.com

ps: my spanish is not that good, but I tried to translate what the article said about GNR. There's also some stuff about other bands.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #818 on: May 21, 2009, 07:42:28 PM »

Also translated this one, but it was in portuguese in Yahoo Brasil:

Guns N' Roses, Oxente

* Oxente is a northeastern expression that means something like "oh my"

Thu, May 21st, 04h39

(BR Press) - After making the dream of the metalheads in Recife come true bringing Iron Maiden to a historic show in the city, Raio Lazer Productions would be negotiating with the legendary Guns N' Roses.

It was the director of the company himself, Lula Vieira, who released the information after the recent Iron Maiden gigs in Brazil. We reached the company and they confirmed they are talking to Axl Rose's band, but with no dates confirmed.

But Raio Lazer says: Guns will be in Brasil till the end of the year.

Source: http://br.noticias.yahoo.com/s/21052009/11/entretenimento-guns-n-roses-oxente.html

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #819 on: May 21, 2009, 11:13:58 PM »

This site is saying GNR wants to tour @ Peru because the Chile gig was unvailable:

"The american band Guns N' Roses studies the possibility to come to Peru, if Chile keeps denying the Nacional de Santiago stadium. The band has a scheduled global tour to introduce the so-waited Chinese Democracy album, wich had almost 15 years in the making."

Source: http://www.cpnradio.pe/html/2009/05/20/5/465.htm and AndreGNR from PerfectCrimeGNR.com

ps: my spanish is not that good, but I tried to translate what the article said about GNR. There's also some stuff about other bands.

Your spanish > portugues > english translation is perfect  Grin

The rumour about Chile is around, but the main problem with Chile is the lack of a proper/big place to hold a megaband like Guns. President Michelle Bachelet dont want the National Stadium (where GNR played in 1992) to be used for concerts. And other options like the Movistar Arena (where VR played in 2007 with other bands) are apparenty not big enough, or too much expensive.

Voodoo, if the band plays in Recife, I will be there with you. Trust me. Not without having 4 or 5 capetas before  Grin

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: