Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:29:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 410145 times)
Shackler
Headliner

« Reply #720 on: May 03, 2009, 06:51:17 AM »

It seemed rather sudden, u cud be right

Something cud be about 2 happen!

Like the tides done on the ocean, the waves already set in motion, the only one in this game that's lost is you!!!
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #721 on: May 03, 2009, 07:26:20 AM »

There is nothing sudden about going on vacation and coming back. lol
I want a tour as much as anyone here but lets not get carried away.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #722 on: May 03, 2009, 08:05:28 AM »

The Economy isn't good right now. People don't have money to pay hundreds $$ for a stadium show, they have other priorities.
The Economy isn't good at all in Europe also. Same thing.

So just wait until it's better.

Stadiums shows are cheaper than arenas (I think GNR wont do arenas), and many bands are touring this summer, I just saw Iron Maiden, have tickets for Def Lepard and Metallica, other band are coming as well, like Creed, Aerosmith, Kiss, etc, etc.....so economy is not an excuse for not touring this year.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 08:14:43 AM by Classic Case » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #723 on: May 03, 2009, 12:23:14 PM »

Agreed, he was gone for 5 days or so.  A pretty average time frame for a vacation.  I wouldn't read anything into him being back in LA.  Although it's better he's back in LA than in NY or something, or does he live in LA now? 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Shackler
Headliner

« Reply #724 on: May 03, 2009, 01:08:33 PM »

He didnt seem 2 be away 4 long...only a few days

Like the tides done on the ocean, the waves already set in motion, the only one in this game that's lost is you!!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #725 on: May 03, 2009, 01:14:09 PM »

By my calculations he was gone about 5 days, that's not all that short.  Most vacations are about a week, so I'd say that fits right in the normal category.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #726 on: May 03, 2009, 01:16:52 PM »

i was at the spring Beer Fest here in lovely Providence, RI and ended up seeing afew ppl that happen to work for the radio in providence at 94 whjy. We end up talking about gn'r and they still think there going on tour with van halen. I'm still not happy with this. love van halen but the two should not tour togther. BUT anyway, i asked them why there not playing the new album. And he goes.."IT BOMBED! and its not gn'r...so we stopped playing it. they have done nothing to help it or them self" oh and he went on to say it being in Best Buy fucked them over..and still is as far as getting the album out there. I was not happy to hear this...but in a way its right.  Undecided
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 01:19:17 PM by uzisuicide2002 » Logged

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
cineater
Legend

« Reply #727 on: May 03, 2009, 01:19:14 PM »

By my calculations he was gone about 5 days, that's not all that short.  Most vacations are about a week, so I'd say that fits right in the normal category.

Pretty standard for for a woman who has to get back to her business.  But what's he looking for in those Hollywood hills?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #728 on: May 03, 2009, 01:27:07 PM »

i was at the spring Beer Fest here in lovely Providence, RI and ended up seeing afew ppl that happen to work for the radio in providence at 94 whjy. We end up talking about gn'r and they still think there going on tour with van halen. I'm still not happy with this. love van halen but the two should not tour togther. BUT anyway, i asked them why there not playing the new album. And he goes.."IT BOMBED! and its not gn'r...so we stopped playing it. they have done nothing to help it or them self" oh and he went on to say it being in Best Buy fucked them over..and still is as far as getting the album out there. I was not happy to hear this...but in a way its right.  Undecided
Sad but true, I don't think they're saying anything out of school there.  Sirius/XM Octane played a lot of new GNR when the album first came out but I hardly ever hear them on there anymore.  You can't really blame them, there hasn't been much of a push from GNR or the label in quite some time.  The "Better" single came out in Dec. and we never got the video.  Lots of radio stations probably gave up at that point.  The album could still see a resurgence with a push when the Best Buy exclusive ends.  Axl did say things were planned for down the road intentionally, so here's to hoping things pick up in a few weeks.

I'd say the VH rumors have cooled off quite a bit and it sounds like South America would be more likely at this point.

thereisnodanaonlyz
Headliner

Mad Scientist

« Reply #729 on: May 05, 2009, 05:02:58 AM »

The album could still see a resurgence with a push when the Best Buy exclusive ends. 

Where was it stated that the deal would end in May?  Who was the first person to come out with this?  Or is/was it simply a rumor?

Rapture
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #730 on: May 05, 2009, 09:16:42 AM »

That was the rumor from the beginning, though I don't think it's ever been confirmed.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #731 on: May 05, 2009, 03:12:25 PM »

That was the rumor from the beginning, though I don't think it's ever been confirmed.

I could be wrong, but didn't that stem from a Fortus interview? I thought he said the BBY deal was 6 months.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
mnsotapop
Rocker

Wake up, its time to dieeeeeee

« Reply #732 on: May 05, 2009, 03:14:59 PM »

I hope they do a stadium tour!  It'll be so empty I'll be able to get tickets anywhere I want.   Tongue

Alpine Valley, WI 5/91
Target Center, Mpls MN 1/92
Metrodome w/ Metallica, Mpls MN 9/92
Fargo Dome, Fargo ND 3/21/93
Target Center, the "Buckethead" tour
Target Center 11/13/11
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #733 on: May 05, 2009, 04:56:07 PM »

I hope they do a stadium tour!  It'll be so empty I'll be able to get tickets anywhere I want.   Tongue

That's kind of a dick thing to say, but it really speaks to how interesting it is that they decided to do a stadium tour when their popularity is not exactly through the roof.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #734 on: May 05, 2009, 07:09:10 PM »

I could be wrong, but didn't that stem from a Fortus interview? I thought he said the BBY deal was 6 months.
Yeah that sounds right.  I believe he did mention that in the inteview he did for KSHE in St. Louis.  Not sure if it's been mentioned by anyone else, and again, I don't think it's ever been confirmed or denied.

AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #735 on: May 09, 2009, 11:37:59 AM »

^ Found by you, I thought  Huh.

# Just ran into Mr. F. Ferrer in Maplewood. Home in NJ for a 3 week break. Playing with Pisser in NYC on 5/22. Strigl
6:11 AM May 5th from txt

http://twitter.com/talkingmetal
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #736 on: May 09, 2009, 11:48:14 AM »

^ Found by you, I thought  Huh.

# Just ran into Mr. F. Ferrer in Maplewood. Home in NJ for a 3 week break. Playing with Pisser in NYC on 5/22. Strigl
6:11 AM May 5th from txt

http://twitter.com/talkingmetal
Yeah the Talking Metal guys are "followers" of Bumblefoot, so I checked their page out and found that.  Ron is back home too, looks like a little break before they start up again?  It'd be nice if it was a break before they hit the road or start making appearances, but I won't go that far.

adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #737 on: May 10, 2009, 11:28:50 AM »

rehearsals are finished...

just like i mentioned about 2 weeks ago. Looks like they are gonna start the tour in september in south america. dont even think about july and august. not happening.....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #738 on: May 10, 2009, 11:39:14 AM »

a 3 week break in may doesn't sound like rehearsals were all finished in april.

i wonder if richard's playing with pisser too.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #739 on: May 10, 2009, 12:10:10 PM »

rehearsals are finished...

just like i mentioned about 2 weeks ago. Looks like they are gonna start the tour in september in south america. dont even think about july and august. not happening.....
Nice try to make it seem like you knew what you were talking about.  3 week break doesn't mean rehearsals are fininshed, just to clarify.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: