Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:52:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 409987 times)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #660 on: April 24, 2009, 04:43:00 PM »

It's realiable, this woman is the person who brang to Brazil bands like Iron Maiden, Scorpions, and now she's trying to bring Metallica, and Guns N' Roses, as seen.

I think there's a great possibility of Guns N' Roses playing here
By the way, BRAZIL is where Guns N' Roses introduced Matt Sorum as it's new drummer and where the played for the first time, the Illusions songs, in 01/20/1991, before the Illusions CDs go out.
And BRAZIL is also where Guns N' Roses had it's huge comeback, in exactly 10 years and 4 days to 250,000 thousand people.There Guns N' Roses played for the first time the Chinese Democracy songs (Axl honored Madagascar to Brazil) and where the new band was introduced.

It would be just like 91 and 01, new members introduced here in Brazil (in these case, Ashba), and new songs (maybe) played for the fist time here too.

So what, Dizzy is just chopped liver??  hihi
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #661 on: April 24, 2009, 04:51:11 PM »

They had the intention before, in 2007. Never happened.

All the article says is this Roberta Jungmann is trying to bring the band to Recife because of the good recpetion the Scorpion and Iron Maiden last tours had there. There's no word on behalf of Guns N' Roses.

i've never heard of recife, where is it?
It's my hometown, lived there for about 26 years. Cheesy

4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #662 on: April 24, 2009, 05:19:21 PM »

It's not the first time we hear something from Brazil. I remember there were rumours too in 2007. As we say, there's no smoke without fire. So it may be true. Wait & See.

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #663 on: April 24, 2009, 06:50:55 PM »

They had the intention before, in 2007. Never happened.

All the article says is this Roberta Jungmann is trying to bring the band to Recife because of the good recpetion the Scorpion and Iron Maiden last tours had there. There's no word on behalf of Guns N' Roses.

hey won't it be massive if it comes true?

thanks for the translation.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #664 on: April 24, 2009, 10:33:14 PM »

This might have been said before, I have not waded through 34 pages, but I think a stadium tour is a big mistake. Better to start with smaller venues and build from there. I cannot imagine that Guns will be able to fill a stadium in the US. They did not even sell out arenas in 02.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #665 on: April 24, 2009, 11:19:33 PM »

nice man, I hope the show happens for you.   

This and the rumor of a show in Chile is definitely making a South American Leg look more and more likely every day.  beer
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #666 on: April 24, 2009, 11:24:25 PM »

This might have been said before, I have not waded through 34 pages, but I think a stadium tour is a big mistake. Better to start with smaller venues and build from there. I cannot imagine that Guns will be able to fill a stadium in the US. They did not even sell out arenas in 02.

Guns can sell out stadiums in South America.   I have no doubt about that.

They can also sell out stadiums in large markets like NYC, LA, Toronto, Phoenix, Boston, Philly, Bay area
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #667 on: April 25, 2009, 08:34:27 AM »

For sure they can sell out stadiums here. And I don't think they'll play stadiums everywhere, maybe some people are takin the words from Rolling Stone way too literally.

Anyways, I think it would be a really good move to start the tour from here this time. I mean, it's been a long time since we had our ass kicked properly. Grin

Thanks guys, but I don't live there anymore. I'm living in S?o Paulo, about 2,700 km from Recife. I'd do anything to get my ass there, tho. Tongue

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #668 on: April 25, 2009, 02:15:48 PM »

For sure they can sell out stadiums here. And I don't think they'll play stadiums everywhere, maybe some people are takin the words from Rolling Stone way too literally.

Anyways, I think it would be a really good move to start the tour from here this time. I mean, it's been a long time since we had our ass kicked properly. Grin

Thanks guys, but I don't live there anymore. I'm living in S?o Paulo, about 2,700 km from Recife. I'd do anything to get my ass there, tho. Tongue

Yeah, like AC/DC is doing stadiums AND arenas on this next leg.

You should build a boat and get there via the Amazon River.  That's what I would do if I was strapped for cash.

I would also do other things that may not be legal.
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #669 on: April 25, 2009, 03:52:50 PM »

It's not the first time we hear something from Brazil. I remember there were rumours too in 2007. As we say, there's no smoke without fire. So it may be true. Wait & See.

Two years ago the rumours were that GNR would do a huge brazilian tour, including Porto Alegre, Curitiba, Recife, Manaus, Brasilia, S?o Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. Never confirmed by the band. Maybe some promoters were tryng to promote themselves. Maybe not.

Brazilians love GNR, although many people in this country like to create rumors about the band, and almost everyone blindly accepts it. Problem is most of times those are bad rumors (generally about Axl). Moderators/Administrators of brazilian boards don't care about it. Mainly, that's why I read/post on this one where things are much more honest and effective. ok  beer

Hope a brazilian leg of the tour is true though.

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #670 on: April 25, 2009, 04:11:34 PM »

You shouldn't generalize it that much. I was admin of a board (www.perfectcrimegnr.com) and I did check all those times the rumor came out, including that one in Minas Gerais (which we promptly confirmed how fake it was, inlcuding the company who were trying to promote it).

This time, I spoke to a journalist who has some contacts with the promoters in Recife. He said in 10 days the band should give an answer about the gig. He also said how it would be "likely" because there was other bands in sight (Aerosmith and Bon Jovi), but GN'R were more probable.

Here's what he said in email (he gave me ok to post it):

Oi Bruno,

Se voc? parou pra dar uma lida no meu blog, voc? deve ter percebido que eu fui o primeiro a cravar o Iron Maiden no Recife, ainda em novembro, e acabei assessor de imprensa e produtor do show, por minha grande proximidade com os s?cios da Raio Lazer, produtora que trouxe o Maiden e est? trazendo o Cirque du Soleil. A informa??o veio, justamente, de dentro. J? h? algumas semanas avisei que existia uma negocia??o com o Guns, o Aerosmith e o Bon Jovi, e a primeira ? a que est? mais perto de fechar.

Abra?o.

Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #671 on: April 25, 2009, 04:59:39 PM »

Bruno, sorry not to mention perfectcrime, which I've always thought as an exception to what I wrote.
But, unfortunatelly, in my opinion/perception (from what I read on other brazilian boards), that's indeed something general here, both from those who claim to be GNR fans and from the media. You know that! Just read a couple lines from some boards and you'll agree with me.
Abra?os!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 06:46:19 PM by Reinaldo » Logged

KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #672 on: April 25, 2009, 09:37:42 PM »

You shouldn't generalize it that much. I was admin of a board (www.perfectcrimegnr.com) and I did check all those times the rumor came out, including that one in Minas Gerais (which we promptly confirmed how fake it was, inlcuding the company who were trying to promote it).

This time, I spoke to a journalist who has some contacts with the promoters in Recife. He said in 10 days the band should give an answer about the gig. He also said how it would be "likely" because there was other bands in sight (Aerosmith and Bon Jovi), but GN'R were more probable.

Here's what he said in email (he gave me ok to post it):

Oi Bruno,

Se voc? parou pra dar uma lida no meu blog, voc? deve ter percebido que eu fui o primeiro a cravar o Iron Maiden no Recife, ainda em novembro, e acabei assessor de imprensa e produtor do show, por minha grande proximidade com os s?cios da Raio Lazer, produtora que trouxe o Maiden e est? trazendo o Cirque du Soleil. A informa??o veio, justamente, de dentro. J? h? algumas semanas avisei que existia uma negocia??o com o Guns, o Aerosmith e o Bon Jovi, e a primeira ? a que est? mais perto de fechar.

Abra?o.

Jarmo tell AXL to acept this GIG and rock out with south americans fans !!!!

Its time !!! its been 10 years since the Rock In Rio 3 .

''We il be back with a bunch of news songs ''   AXL words

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #673 on: April 27, 2009, 10:22:35 AM »

^ I think it's not just Axl's decision. They need to get other gigs here in SA to make it, I think.

Bruno, sorry not to mention perfectcrime, which I've always thought as an exception to what I wrote.
But, unfortunatelly, in my opinion/perception (from what I read on other brazilian boards), that's indeed something general here, both from those who claim to be GNR fans and from the media. You know that! Just read a couple lines from some boards and you'll agree with me.
Abra?os!
Yeah, I do agree. Sorry if I sound too harsh, it's just that we don't buy every rumor out there.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #674 on: April 27, 2009, 05:33:05 PM »

Guns can sell out stadiums in South America.   I have no doubt about that.

They can also sell out stadiums in large markets like NYC, LA, Toronto, Phoenix, Boston, Philly, Bay area

NYC- definite sell-out
LA - see NYC
Toronto -possibly
Phoenix - most likely
Boston-see NYC and LA
Philly-having grown up near that market, I highly doubt it, unless they did a free concert-thats one town the DOES hold a huge grudge
Bay area-which bay area, TB or OAK/SF? tmapa, hell no; SF/OAK-maybe
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #675 on: April 27, 2009, 05:49:42 PM »

I wouldn't see selling out any stadiums in the US. The economy is shit and there's just not much buzz around this band here.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #676 on: April 27, 2009, 06:01:38 PM »

Anything yet?...Anything?   drool
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #677 on: April 28, 2009, 12:29:50 PM »

rehearsals are finished...
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #678 on: April 28, 2009, 01:02:16 PM »

Source?

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #679 on: April 28, 2009, 01:20:45 PM »

rehearsals are finished...

Source?

adman2374's source is probably just the voices in his head because last night (April 27) Richard said in a radio interview on KDHX that he is focused in rehearsals with GNR.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=56602.0

first he said he is focused in rehearsals with gnr
then when asked about if they were gonna tour he said: "hopefully"

he said he havent heard about any NORTH AMERICAN dates.. but other places are considered (i think is europe and south america)

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: