Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:53:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 409907 times)
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #640 on: April 20, 2009, 07:44:34 PM »

Harley promotion? Huh

Wasn't it sport tv channel's promotion? and it was just march when we first heard of it...

This one

http://www.tsn.ca/Register/default.html

I remember seeing it awhile back, I don't remember exactly when, but it seems like it was before March.

thats been out there for a while, doenst mean anything to me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #641 on: April 21, 2009, 07:59:40 PM »

Harley promotion? Huh

Wasn't it sport tv channel's promotion? and it was just march when we first heard of it...

This one

http://www.tsn.ca/Register/default.html

I remember seeing it awhile back, I don't remember exactly when, but it seems like it was before March.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=56190.0

And rumour has it that they started advertising the contest recently so maybe it's something.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #642 on: April 21, 2009, 08:55:22 PM »

Can't wait to hear the new songs live especially Sorry, This I Love and Shackler's.  This tour's gonna be awesome.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #643 on: April 21, 2009, 09:06:31 PM »

Realistically, when would this have to be announced to make a summer tour plausible?

U figure at least Mid May if they were starting in July

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #644 on: April 21, 2009, 10:00:14 PM »

Mid May would fit into the end of the Best Buy exclusive if it is indeed a 6 month deal.  I wouldn't expect to hear too much before then. Sit tight till then.  I may start to worry if we don't hear anything by then though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #645 on: April 22, 2009, 03:04:01 PM »

I think it's pretty clear things will happen, with "the band" in place now and obviously they've been rehearsing.  In due time.

Not sure how newsworthy (or true) this is, but I just saw this on, http://www.chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/

I hear that GN'R have moved into phase 2 of their rehearsals for the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

The band spent half of February and all of March auditioning guitarists in a rehearsal studio in beautiful downtown Burbank.

As we know former Sixx AM guitarist DJ Ashba landed the gig.

As of today, phase 2 has begun and the band is putting together their stage show in an nearby arena.

Preperations for the tour are definitely underway, and we have every reason to believe the other rumors we've heard so far are true.

As expected, the setlist will contain a mixture of old and new songs, including "Prostitute."

I thought I'd bump this post in light of recent developments.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #646 on: April 22, 2009, 03:26:30 PM »

I'm on my work phone right now so I can't give the link, but there's some updated information on www.chinese-democracy.blogspot.com. Basically it says that rehearsals are set to run another month until the end of May.  Also says SCOM sounds killer with DJ playing Robin's parts and they've been rehearsing "Sorry" and "Prostitute".

Hopefully that's all true, sounds great to me.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #647 on: April 22, 2009, 03:31:19 PM »

na faldor we have better one.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=56561.0
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #648 on: April 22, 2009, 03:35:36 PM »

Yeah, I just saw that.  I figured there must've been a reason that post was bumped.  That blog certainly seems to be on the up and up.  Can't wait to get home to see those clips.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #649 on: April 23, 2009, 12:54:43 PM »

it's of great interest for me to see where the first leg will be.
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #650 on: April 23, 2009, 03:31:07 PM »

Axl and the new Guns N' Roses coming closer to Chile.

The negotiations to bring GN'R to Chile in 2009 are firm.

The problem? The availability of the National Stage.

Chilean fans of 1990s Californian Rock will have the opportunity to see a band that made history: Guns N' Roses.

A local promoter is almost finished with negotiations to bring to the group to Chile.

According to a source near the production of the event, the contract is ready and the concert already has a date: Axl Rose and company would appear in Chile this September.

GN'R would visit within the framework of a world-wide tour in support of its new album Chinese Democracy.

But one detail is missong. This is nothing less than the lack of an agreed venue for the Mega-band.

Everything depends on if the promoter is able to rent the National Stage, which has closed its doors to concerts in favor of sport events.

The decision has forced the promoters of massive concerts, to establish meetings with government authorities so that the Stadium can be used. If not, we are afraid that Chile will leave the circuit of big concerts.

Yesterday, nevertheless, there was at least a meeting between the two parties.

Promoter Francisco Go?i met with the undersecretary of Sports, Jaime Pizarro, and with the head of cabinet Minister Carolina Toh?.

"We felt listened to," Go?i said of the meeting when coming out, and without going into detail regarding the content of the discussion, said that "we are keeping the talks private."

Go?i is looking for flexibility regarding the use of the Coliseum, with the purpose of allowing the Jonas Brothers concert to move from the Athletic Track to the Stadium or, at least, that the door is open so that future events can be realised there.

There is serious negotiations to bring to Chile U2, AC/DC, Coldplay and Britney Spears.

"When we get an answer we'll let you know" , Go?i said regarding a possible definitive decision by the authorities, that are now analyzing the arguments presented and displayed by the promoters to determine if they can authorize the use of the National Stadium for concerts.

Until now the sport leaders have been the main impediment of using the stage for concerts, arguing that the turf could be ruined by a concert.

Nevertheless, promoters are trying to assure sports leaders that has not happened at recent events and that, when damages have taken place, they have cooperated with the authorities.

Translation
: Chinese-Democracy Blogspot

Axl y el nuevo Guns N?Roses cada vez m?s cerca de Chile

Las negociaciones para traer a la renovada banda norteamericana estar?an pr?cticamente resueltas para tocar en 2009. ?El problema? La disponibilidad del Estadio Nacional.

SANTIAGO.- Los fan?ticos del rock californiano de los 90? tendr?n la oportunidad de ver en Chile a una banda que hizo historia: Guns N?Roses.

Ello gracias a que las negociaciones para traer al grupo, resucitada por su hist?rico l?der, Axl Rose, estar?a pr?cticamente cerradas con una productora local.

Seg?n una fuente cercana a la producci?n del evento, el contrato est? listo y ya se tiene fecha tentativa para el recital: Axl Rose y compa??a se presentar?a en el mes de septiembre en nuestro pa?s.

El grupo del disco "Apetite for destruction", visitar?a el pa?s en el marco de una gira mundial que contempla la presentaci?n de su nuevo album "Chinese democracy".

Pero algo podr?a echar abajo la visita del grupo. Esto es nada menos que la falta de un recinto acorde para la megabanda. Todo depende de si la productora consigue arrendar el Estadio Nacional,  que ha cerrado las puertas a conciertos a favor de eventos deportivos.

?Chile sin recitales de alta convocatoria?

Tal decisi?n ha llevado a las productoras de recitales masivos, a entablar reuniones con autoridades de gobierno para que el recinto de ?u?oa sea cedido. De no conseguirlo, se teme que Chile salga del circuito de recitales de alta convocatoria.

Ayer, sin embargo, hubo al menos un acercamiento entre las partes, tras la reuni?n que el director de la productora T4F, Francisco Go?i, sostuvo con el subsecretario de Deportes, Jaime Pizarro, y con el jefe de gabinete de la ministra Carolina Toh?.

"Nos sentimos escuchados", dijo Go?i a la salida del encuentro, y sin ahondar mayormente en el contenido de la discusi?n, que "queda en el ?mbito de lo privado", asegur?.

Go?i buscaba flexibilizar la postura de Chiledeportes en torno al uso del coliseo ?u?o?no, con el fin de permitir que la actuaci?n del tr?o Jonas Brothers se traslade desde la Pista Atl?tica a ese recinto o, por lo menos, que la puerta quede abierta para que venideros eventos puedan realizarse all?. Hay serias negociaciones para traer a Chile U2, AC/DC, Coldplay y Britney Spears.

"Cuando llegue una respuesta todos se van a enterar", dijo Go?i sobre un eventual pronunciamiento definitivo de las autoridades, que ahora estar?an analizando los argumentos presentados por las productoras para determinar de forma definitiva si autorizan el uso del Nacional para la realizaci?n de conciertos.

Hasta ahora los dirigentes deportivos han sido los principales impulsores de que el estadio no se facilite a espect?culos, argumentando que el c?sped queda en mal estado, posteriormente. Sin embargo, productores aseguran que eso no ha ocurrido en los ?ltimos eventos y que, cuando se han producido da?os, han respondido de acuerdo con lo planteado por la autoridad.

Source: http://www.emol.com/noticias/todas/detalle/detallenoticias.asp?idnoticia=354668
Classic Case
Rocker

« Reply #651 on: April 24, 2009, 11:44:18 AM »

The Axl Rose school of blogging

Axl Rose, the notoriously unpredictable front man of Guns N? Roses, proudly sticks out like a sore thumb in the increasingly sanitized and manufactured music industry. While most musicians with major label history are happy to be pushed around and be told what to do, Axl Rose walks his own path, never concerning himself with anyone who seeks to stand in his way or disrupt his creative vision.

I don?t know Axl Rose personally but recent occurrences in my other life have resulted in a potential crossing of paths. A forthcoming Guns N? Roses world tour, perhaps in 2010 or 2011, if my usually reliable sources are to be believed, and will take the form of a lavish stadium show, complete with a full orchestra. Due to my connections, for which I am ever thankful, one of the trumpet chairs in that orchestra may have my name on it.
Of course, there are a lot of ifs and maybes in this situation and the deal is far from done. But, this possibility was a good enough reason for me to become interested in Axl Rose, his music and his history. Never let it be said that I don?t prepare properly for my gigs.

But how does all of this apply to blogging, successful blogging in particular?

Axl Rose has the ability to generate the one thing that every blogger wants.

Attention.

Fifteen years ago Axl Rose started to write fresh material. The material was original and his own. And, partly as a result of his determination and unwillingness to compromise he soon found that he was going through collaborators like most people go through disposable razors. Quickly and with some regularity.

Axl knew what he wanted to achieve, knew what he wanted to write and he knew that listening to people who didn?t share his vision wasn?t in anyones best interest. He refused to conform and refused to compromise. He became unpopular with many of his peers but was highly respected by those people who admired his determination and single mindedness.

Thirteen years later Axl Rose releases Chinese Democracy to an awaiting world. At this point he had all the attention anyone could wish for. Even those who disliked him were watching, and listening, hoping he would fail but failing to realize that even their negative attention was only adding fuel to the publicity fire that, in turn, drove sales.

Following the herd is never the right thing to do, in the music industry or in the blogosphere. Whilst the cattle mentality may bring you short term success it will not bring you respect, perhaps the most valuable of all online commodities.

Never trade your integrity in return for popularity.

here is the source: http://www.upstartblogger.com/the-axl-rose-school-of-blogging

now what it means that "perhaps in 2010 or 2011"Huh Huh

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #652 on: April 24, 2009, 11:49:39 AM »

now what it means that "perhaps in 2010 or 2011"Huh Huh

It means that this guy is just another wanna-be "insider" who doesn't have a clue to what's really going on in the GNR camp.  Tongue

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #653 on: April 24, 2009, 12:01:55 PM »

Axl and the new Guns N' Roses coming closer to Chile.

The negotiations to bring GN'R to Chile in 2009 are firm.

The problem? The availability of the National Stage.

Chilean fans of 1990s Californian Rock will have the opportunity to see a band that made history: Guns N' Roses.

A local promoter is almost finished with negotiations to bring to the group to Chile.

According to a source near the production of the event, the contract is ready and the concert already has a date: Axl Rose and company would appear in Chile this September.

But one detail is missong.
Source: http://www.emol.com/noticias/todas/detalle/detallenoticias.asp?idnoticia=354668

mis song? Tongue

so possibly south America the first? would make sense since they didn't go there in the last round.
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #654 on: April 24, 2009, 01:17:41 PM »

From "MYGNR".

Quote from: marlon_brando15
No ?ltimo dia 10, o "Jornal do Com?rcio", de Recife, publicou uma nota na qual comenta sobre uma forte possibilidade do Guns N? Roses tocar em Recife no segundo semestre do ano.

Segundo Roberta Jungmann, que publicou o artigo, o sucesso que o Iron Maiden fez em Pernambuco facilitaria a negocia??o, e uma proposta j? foi enviada ao GN?R.

--

"Jornal do Com?rcio", in Recife, published a note talking about the strong possibility of Guns N' Roses playing in Recife in the second half of the year.

According to Roberta Jungmann, which published the article, the success that Iron Maiden did in Pernambuco facilitate trading, and a proposal has been sent to GN'R.
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #655 on: April 24, 2009, 01:19:58 PM »

I should point out that I don't know how reliable this stuff is, I just post it  Undecided.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #656 on: April 24, 2009, 01:24:23 PM »

i've never heard of recife, where is it?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #657 on: April 24, 2009, 01:26:14 PM »

I was about to ask if th e Roberta Jungmann person is a reliable source.

if so, it smells of a south American tour.
Classic Case
Rocker

« Reply #658 on: April 24, 2009, 01:27:42 PM »

somewhere in Brazil i guess  Undecided
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #659 on: April 24, 2009, 01:33:35 PM »

somewhere in Brazil i guess  Undecided

Northeast of Brazil, Scorpions and Iron Maiden played there last year.

I should point out that I don't know how reliable this stuff is, I just post it  Undecided.

It's realiable, this woman is the person who brang to Brazil bands like Iron Maiden, Scorpions, and now she's trying to bring Metallica, and Guns N' Roses, as seen.

I think there's a great possibility of Guns N' Roses playing here
By the way, BRAZIL is where Guns N' Roses introduced Matt Sorum as it's new drummer and where the played for the first time, the Illusions songs, in 01/20/1991, before the Illusions CDs go out.
And BRAZIL is also where Guns N' Roses had it's huge comeback, in exactly 10 years and 4 days to 250,000 thousand people.There Guns N' Roses played for the first time the Chinese Democracy songs (Axl honored Madagascar to Brazil) and where the new band was introduced.

It would be just like 91 and 01, new members introduced here in Brazil (in these case, Ashba), and new songs (maybe) played for the fist time here too.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: