Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:39:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 409693 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #580 on: April 05, 2009, 11:24:11 PM »

We're all just roaming around planet GNR lost  Grin  

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #581 on: April 05, 2009, 11:25:53 PM »

I think it's pretty clear things will happen, with "the band" in place now and obviously they've been rehearsing.  In due time.

Not sure how newsworthy (or true) this is, but I just saw this on, http://www.chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/

I hear that GN'R have moved into phase 2 of their rehearsals for the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

The band spent half of February and all of March auditioning guitarists in a rehearsal studio in beautiful downtown Burbank.

As we know former Sixx AM guitarist DJ Ashba landed the gig.

As of today, phase 2 has begun and the band is putting together their stage show in an nearby arena.

Preperations for the tour are definitely underway, and we have every reason to believe the other rumors we've heard so far are true.

As expected, the setlist will contain a mixture of old and new songs, including "Prostitute."

that is very exciting, but can we trust that post?...mmm...whos that guy?
I don't know who the guy is or what connections he has, but he has a blog devoted to Chinese Democracy, GNR, and the like.  It's usually pretty informative but I guess you could say it's a little loose with the rumors. 

For what it's worth, a new thread on cd.com was started devoted to this news and it was thrown in the trash. 

So I don't know if it's true or not, but I'd like to believe it.

yeah I understand...same happened at Mygnr.com somebody started a new thread about this subject and got deleted, why?...who knows, should be very helpful that when a thread or ur post got delete, somebody gives an explanation about the reasons to do that.
Well I could see not wanting to make too big a deal about it, and starting a new thread for it could do that.  That's why I just threw it in the mix here, as who knows how legit it is.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #582 on: April 05, 2009, 11:35:35 PM »

I think it's pretty clear things will happen, with "the band" in place now and obviously they've been rehearsing.  In due time.

Not sure how newsworthy (or true) this is, but I just saw this on, http://www.chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/

I hear that GN'R have moved into phase 2 of their rehearsals for the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

The band spent half of February and all of March auditioning guitarists in a rehearsal studio in beautiful downtown Burbank.

As of today, phase 2 has begun and the band is putting together their stage show in an nearby arena.

Preperations for the tour are definitely underway, and we have every reason to believe the other rumors we've heard so far are true.

As expected, the setlist will contain a mixture of old and new songs, including "Prostitute."

I don't know who the guy is or what connections he has, but he has a blog devoted to Chinese Democracy, GNR, and the like.  It's usually pretty informative but I guess you could say it's a little loose with the rumors. 

For what it's worth, a new thread on cd.com was started devoted to this news and it was thrown in the trash. 

yeah I understand...same happened at Mygnr.com somebody started a new thread about this subject and got deleted, why?...who knows, should be very helpful that when a thread or ur post got delete, somebody gives an explanation about the reasons to do that.
Well I could see not wanting to make too big a deal about it, and starting a new thread for it could do that.  That's why I just threw it in the mix here, as who knows how legit it is.

got it, thanx...but too big a deal bout it, why?..bcuz the tour isnt gonna happen?...and they dont want us to get too excited bout it and then dissapointed?....dont want to make a biggy...just wondering  peace
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #583 on: April 05, 2009, 11:44:09 PM »

The reason given at cd.com was

This topic has been moved to TRASH.

Rumor, no source, hasn't established prior credibility.

By the way, here's the post from that blog about the Best Buy deal on September 1st.  That's one positive, but it was taken from other sources.

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2008/09/little-birdy.html

Here's one that didn't/hasn't turned out.  It was obviously just speculation though, at least that's how I took it.

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/search?q=a+likely+scenario
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 11:49:19 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Classic Case
Rocker

« Reply #584 on: April 05, 2009, 11:58:53 PM »

By the way, here's the post from that blog about the Best Buy deal on September 1st.  That's one positive, but it was taken from other sources.

Here's one that didn't/hasn't turned out.  It was obviously just speculation though, at least that's how I took it.

thanx man, u now Im just like any other fan, crossing fingers and praying for a tour, and I guess everybody is dying to get some news about it cuz until now we all just get speculations and rumors and GNR isnt saying a word bout it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #585 on: April 06, 2009, 12:04:55 AM »

thanx man, u now Im just like any other fan, crossing fingers and praying for a tour, and I guess everybody is dying to get some news about it cuz until now we all just get speculations and rumors and GNR isnt saying a word bout it.
Oh I hear ya, I'm right there with you and hope this latest rumor is true, but who knows really.  All signs would seem to point towards a tour happening eventually in the not so distant future.  I mean by all accounts they are and have been rehearsing, DJ was added to complete the lineup.  Both those things are positive signs.  As usual, we just have to wait to find out the when, where, how, and why's.

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #586 on: April 06, 2009, 02:04:12 AM »

It has to be true, why else would they recruit DJ ASHBA?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #587 on: April 07, 2009, 04:50:22 PM »

Maybe something was being planning but a bunch of unforeseen things got in the way?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Classic Case
Rocker

« Reply #588 on: April 07, 2009, 09:57:19 PM »

Maybe something was being planning but a bunch of unforeseen things got in the way?

AS USUAL
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #589 on: April 08, 2009, 01:00:25 AM »

I was the guy that started that thread at mygnr.com. Madison even sent me a message and threatened to ban me. Sure did make me feel good.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #590 on: April 08, 2009, 12:29:02 PM »

AS USUAL

Yeah, unfortunate isn't it?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #591 on: April 08, 2009, 12:39:20 PM »

Is it your blog Crowebar? Guess not.

Their threatening you might be rather off but I agree that the blogger isn't too credible without sourcing their info.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #592 on: April 08, 2009, 02:08:10 PM »

Is it your blog Crowebar? Guess not.

Their threatening you might be rather off but I agree that the blogger isn't too credible without sourcing their info.

No it's not my blog. All I did was start a new thread with that link. Compared to some of the other stuff that's threaded I didn't see my thread as too much of a big deal. I'm not upset about it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #593 on: April 08, 2009, 02:25:46 PM »

Is the other bs stuff on there stated as fact or insider info like the blog is?
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #594 on: April 08, 2009, 08:42:14 PM »

Playing stadiums seems a little bit ambitious for this version of GN'R in my opinion. Arenas would be more realistic.

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
dallasgel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #595 on: April 09, 2009, 12:24:29 AM »

I'm sure they could play stadiums - but only if partnered with Van Halen.  AC-DC are doing stadiums this summer and playing some Canadian cities; Aerosmith w/ ZZ Top is also playing the same cities.  The shows will be announced in the next few days and they are all for August... so there is still hope that the GNR/Van Halen tour will go ahead.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #596 on: April 09, 2009, 12:26:23 AM »

I'm sure they could play stadiums - but only if partnered with Van Halen.  AC-DC are doing stadiums this summer and playing some Canadian cities; Aerosmith w/ ZZ Top is also playing the same cities.  The shows will be announced in the next few days and they are all for August... so there is still hope that the GNR/Van Halen tour will go ahead.
I'm still hoping we'll hear something next month towards the supposed end of the Best Buy exclusive.  Not expecting, but hoping.

thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #597 on: April 09, 2009, 01:22:22 AM »

Yup they just announced ACDC will be playing in Regina, SK, Canada at Mosaic Staduim.  Aerosmith will be playing a half Staduim show so about 20 thousand poeple.  I can see GnR doing that if they are wanting to have a bigger stage but not have to sell 40 000 plus seats. 
GNRFAN20
« Reply #598 on: April 09, 2009, 02:06:54 AM »

I really don't think the tour is happening this year. We got Aerosmith/ZZ Top touring in the summer in the US. Metallica touring Europe/USA full time this year. AC/DC doing tour dates too. Seems like the year is full.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #599 on: April 09, 2009, 02:34:52 AM »

I really don't think the tour is happening this year. We got Aerosmith/ZZ Top touring in the summer in the US. Metallica touring Europe/USA full time this year. AC/DC doing tour dates too. Seems like the year is full.

Those bands do not in any way shape GN'R's plans.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: