Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:25:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 409443 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #420 on: March 14, 2009, 05:41:21 PM »

Either this is a lame April fool's joke or this kid just got his dad fired for leaking info  hihi

EDIT: and for more proof on this it is a US only combined tour and one location is Madison Square Garden

MSG is NOT a stadium  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jatscm
Opening Act

« Reply #421 on: March 14, 2009, 05:43:05 PM »

Actually it wouldn't because if i recall some people have figured it out already also, and by the way, did it ever be mentioned to be a STADIUM tour? No.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #422 on: March 14, 2009, 05:46:55 PM »

and by the way, did it ever be mentioned to be a STADIUM tour? No.
Yes.  In post #1 that started this thread  Roll Eyes

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/03/04/guns-n-roses-planning-summer-stadium-tour/

Axl Rose intends to follow last November?s release of Chinese Democracy with a worldwide Guns n? Roses stadium tour this summer, according to industry insiders. If it comes to pass, the tour would mark the first U.S. stadium dates for the current line-up of Guns ? their 2002 and 2006-?07 tours were arena outings, with some overseas stadium shows. (And contrary to one persistent online rumor, the band has absolutely no plans of playing Spain?s Kobetasonik Festival this June.)

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jatscm
Opening Act

« Reply #423 on: March 14, 2009, 05:48:53 PM »

Notice the word "worldwide" i said this tour is specifically a US only combination with Van Halen, and isn't necessarily stadium.

Also, you dont HAVE to believe me, but you'll prolly end up kicking yourselves when the tickets do go on sale in 2 and a half weeks.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 05:53:30 PM by jatscm » Logged
Annie
« Reply #424 on: March 14, 2009, 06:07:22 PM »

Here's to hoping that GNR will be at the UNITED CENTER!!!!!!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #425 on: March 14, 2009, 06:14:38 PM »

Notice the word "worldwide" i said this tour is specifically a US only combination with Van Halen, and isn't necessarily stadium.

Also, you dont HAVE to believe me, but you'll prolly end up kicking yourselves when the tickets do go on sale in 2 and a half weeks.

and it's rolling stone and not axl who reported the stadium tour rumour.

either way we better start to save up for a sunny day. 
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #426 on: March 14, 2009, 06:28:03 PM »

It never ends. There's always some reason for people to need to have some "inside info" every few weeks.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
cineater
Legend

« Reply #427 on: March 14, 2009, 09:29:21 PM »

So how long is your dad suppose to be gone?  When does he leave?  When does he start practicing stage set up?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #428 on: March 14, 2009, 09:45:49 PM »

alright guys, i no this sounds a lame reason to join but w/e... I'm confirming the GNR tour with Van Halen. Reason is my dad works as a touring stage hand and hes been picked to go on tour with them... If you guys want proof, check ticket sales on April 1st, thats the release date on them.

this reminds me when somebody join the forum to post that GNR will play at the Oscars...and we all know how that ended
jatscm
Opening Act

« Reply #429 on: March 14, 2009, 10:32:22 PM »

alright guys, i no this sounds a lame reason to join but w/e... I'm confirming the GNR tour with Van Halen. Reason is my dad works as a touring stage hand and hes been picked to go on tour with them... If you guys want proof, check ticket sales on April 1st, thats the release date on them.

this reminds me when somebody join the forum to post that GNR will play at the Oscars...and we all know how that ended

LOL, there was absolutely no chance in that though, and if i remember its a year and a half total tour but broken up, he leaves sometime this summer i think, and stagehands dont practice stage setup, but hes specifically video crew anyway.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #430 on: March 15, 2009, 12:46:30 AM »

Video crew?  Does he know how dangerous Tommy can be?   Grin

Classic Case
Rocker

« Reply #431 on: March 15, 2009, 12:58:52 AM »

Video crew?  Does he know how dangerous Tommy can be?   Grin
why is Tommy so dangerous?  Huh
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #432 on: March 15, 2009, 01:11:18 AM »

The new stadium for Dallas Cowboys is saying that talks of a AC/DC show are in the works for the summer.
Not that it's in any way related to GNR, but since it was brought up.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/031109dnentstadiumconcerts.24cc7563.html

Tweens and head-bangers got good news Tuesday night, courtesy of the Dallas Cowboys.

Team executive Stephen Jones told a crowd at the University of Texas at Arlington that the team was close to booking the Jonas Brothers and AC/DC at the Cowboys' new stadium.

He also said a deal for a U2 concert was imminent.

"For those of you who have young girls ? I do ? they'll be very excited to hear about the Jonas Brothers," said Jones, the Cowboys' chief operating officer. However, the AC/DC announcement got the bigger applause from the ballroom crowded with business leaders at UTA's Business Week 2009 Executive Dinner.

The Cowboys previously announced that country star George Strait would headline the stadium's first public event June 6.

Jones said the Jonas Brothers concert probably would be in June or July. He said he had no estimated date for an AC/DC show.

The newly announced U2 concert tour has a date with Dallas, but there are no details beyond the city's name.

Reports surfaced Monday that U2 would play the Cowboys stadium Oct. 12. Tour and team officials quickly denied that a date was confirmed.

It was more of the same Tuesday.

"There is an unauthorized site [u2tours.com] that has listed these dates," U2 publicist Lisa DiAngelo wrote in an e-mail. "The ONLY confirmed tour dates are the dates on the press release."

But Dallas will be a stop on the tour, according to DiAngelo, who added that ticketing information will be released soon.

The official press notice, released Monday, listed Dallas among a group of cities that the band would visit in September and October.

The speculation surrounding the venue was given legs when fan Web sites and a ticket Web site listed the Cowboys stadium date.

The Web sites listed other dates not on the official release, including at Reliant Stadium in Houston and the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.

How does TicketNetwork, which sells tickets via The Dallas Morning News Web site and other Web sites, know the date for the Cowboys stadium is real?

"I don't know that it's true," says representative Harmon Howe, "because I don't track the 5 million tickets we have on there."

What he does know is that the site's compliance group makes sure tickets for sale are legitimate.

What a buyer gets at this point is a commitment for the ticket when tickets go on sale.

The price on the Web site includes the ticket plus a 15 percent service charge.

The Jonas Brothers concert is going to be my daughter's birthday present!  (Although she wants to see GnR, at eight years old, that's a big NO!)
I don't have kids, but I would prefer my 8 year old saw GNR over the Jonas brothers. Why are they so popular? None of them are cute They can't sing.   I was at  an African American wedding, and when SOLDIER BOY came on all the kids came running. Those kids had some great dance moves.  But the Jo Bros? NO. You are a great Dad to suffer like that for your little girl.

Well, I do prefer my 8 year old listen to GnR, and fortunately for me, she does too, but as far as a concert goes,  I've been to one, and it's not the place for a child!!!  Besides that, she shouldn't have to see her mother act like such a fool, (which I would be doing)!!!  I don't mind the Jonas Brothers too much.  It's fun for her, so it's fun for me!
jatscm
Opening Act

« Reply #433 on: March 15, 2009, 01:59:22 AM »

Lol I wouldn't pin Tommy as THAT dangerous,but  his main job is to set up the video walls for the concert etc.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #434 on: March 15, 2009, 09:53:59 AM »

No he's not dangerous but it didn't take you long to find out what happen.  hihi

Anyway for those of us who don't get into the technical stuff of what they did different with the guitar solo that night or how the sound was off, we'd appreciate any stories or pictures of what life is like behind the stage or on the road with GNR.  We wouldn't expect anything too personal about the band members because that would get your dad a guitar upside the head.

Classic Case
Rocker

« Reply #435 on: March 15, 2009, 11:10:57 AM »

Lol I wouldn't pin Tommy as THAT dangerous,but  his main job is to set up the video walls for the concert etc.

"get that guy out of here! are u listening to me Mr. security man?....yeah that guy!...gone!"............. and I think this guy is GONE!  hihi

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #436 on: March 15, 2009, 11:47:14 AM »

So how long is your dad suppose to be gone?  When does he leave?  When does he start practicing stage set up?

Cin don't feed the trolls! It only makes them worse.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #437 on: March 15, 2009, 12:06:03 PM »

There's trolls and then there are people who have close personal relationships.  The trick is finding out who. 

Now if you don't mind I was working up to finding out if his dad was single, GNR talk was just the starting point.   Cool

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #438 on: March 15, 2009, 12:22:13 PM »

Now if you don't mind I was working up to finding out if his dad was single, GNR talk was just the starting point.   Cool

you mean if he's motherless? Cry
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #439 on: March 15, 2009, 12:24:33 PM »

you mean if he's motherless? Cry

mom doesn't have to be dead for dad to be single!

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: