Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:29:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 409370 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #400 on: March 13, 2009, 05:11:57 PM »

everyone loves it. 

not everyone. no.
It just seems to kill some of you guys that their are other big bands out there who stayed together

vh? what big bands from the 70's or 80's are still staying together other than acdc?
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #401 on: March 13, 2009, 05:37:27 PM »

i think aerosmith and metallica still do, i am sure there are more

homo homini lupus...
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #402 on: March 13, 2009, 05:39:26 PM »

I don't get what's the problem with Van Halen.

VH and GNR sharing the same audience, both of them are HARD ROCK bands, even now. Most the of people who like song as Runnin'with the Devil, Panama, Ain't talking about love, Rigth know, etc... like song as WTTJ, SCOM, Paradise City, Mr Brownstone, Rocket Queen, YCBM. Most of people go to show to hear that kind of songs, the CLASSIC SONGS...

Idem on Aerosmith or AC/DC.

Doesn't remind you the beginning of "Atomic Punk" to the first riff of "Mr. Brownstone"? Everytime I hear that song it remind to the start of Brownstone... they're very similar...

Now you say that, I do (besides "Mr. Brownstone" remind me "Just Like Anything").
Anyway, "Appetite for Destruction" and "Van Halen I" have the same concept. I mean, sex, drugs and R&R, multi-platinum record, debut album, huge Frontman and lead guitar, big hits, etc...

I Love Van Halen and Guns  ok

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #403 on: March 13, 2009, 06:01:34 PM »

The new stadium for Dallas Cowboys is saying that talks of a AC/DC show are in the works for the summer.
Not that it's in any way related to GNR, but since it was brought up.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/031109dnentstadiumconcerts.24cc7563.html

Tweens and head-bangers got good news Tuesday night, courtesy of the Dallas Cowboys.

Team executive Stephen Jones told a crowd at the University of Texas at Arlington that the team was close to booking the Jonas Brothers and AC/DC at the Cowboys' new stadium.

He also said a deal for a U2 concert was imminent.

"For those of you who have young girls ? I do ? they'll be very excited to hear about the Jonas Brothers," said Jones, the Cowboys' chief operating officer. However, the AC/DC announcement got the bigger applause from the ballroom crowded with business leaders at UTA's Business Week 2009 Executive Dinner.

The Cowboys previously announced that country star George Strait would headline the stadium's first public event June 6.

Jones said the Jonas Brothers concert probably would be in June or July. He said he had no estimated date for an AC/DC show.

The newly announced U2 concert tour has a date with Dallas, but there are no details beyond the city's name.

Reports surfaced Monday that U2 would play the Cowboys stadium Oct. 12. Tour and team officials quickly denied that a date was confirmed.

It was more of the same Tuesday.

"There is an unauthorized site [u2tours.com] that has listed these dates," U2 publicist Lisa DiAngelo wrote in an e-mail. "The ONLY confirmed tour dates are the dates on the press release."

But Dallas will be a stop on the tour, according to DiAngelo, who added that ticketing information will be released soon.

The official press notice, released Monday, listed Dallas among a group of cities that the band would visit in September and October.

The speculation surrounding the venue was given legs when fan Web sites and a ticket Web site listed the Cowboys stadium date.

The Web sites listed other dates not on the official release, including at Reliant Stadium in Houston and the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.

How does TicketNetwork, which sells tickets via The Dallas Morning News Web site and other Web sites, know the date for the Cowboys stadium is real?

"I don't know that it's true," says representative Harmon Howe, "because I don't track the 5 million tickets we have on there."

What he does know is that the site's compliance group makes sure tickets for sale are legitimate.

What a buyer gets at this point is a commitment for the ticket when tickets go on sale.

The price on the Web site includes the ticket plus a 15 percent service charge.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #404 on: March 13, 2009, 06:02:11 PM »

everyone loves it. 

not everyone. no.
It just seems to kill some of you guys that their are other big bands out there who stayed together

vh? what big bands from the 70's or 80's are still staying together other than acdc?

Van halen
ac/dc
Motley crue
poison
rumors of zeplin (i Know, they suck too and they arent even good enough to open for nugnr)
Bon Jovi
U2

these bands get back together and do very well when they tour. They dont need to "sound fresh" or "modern"  They are what they are and they like it. Look, gnr is my favorite band. I would prefer the original, but I guess I will take this version. Better than nothing. All I am saying is that the 70's and 80's gave us some pretty big acts. You cant slam AC/DC for sticking to their roots and doing what they do best, ROCK! They sold out the Cleveland and Columbus dates. This gnr with this one Cd will not sell out either place. Who cares who the other band is, as long as it brings people out to see the new band.  
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #405 on: March 13, 2009, 06:16:22 PM »

Van halen
ac/dc
Motley crue
poison
rumors of zeplin (i Know, they suck too and they arent even good enough to open for nugnr)
Bon Jovi
U2

these bands get back together and do very well when they tour. They dont need to "sound fresh" or "modern"  They are what they are and they like it.

I believe a majority of those bands have tried to change their sound over the years. The big exception being AC/DC and maybe Poison.

You can't seriously claim that U2's "Pop" sounds like "Boy"......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #406 on: March 13, 2009, 06:20:34 PM »

If you really think Bon Jovi and U2 sounds the same just because they still have the same lineup, you're just trying to put this "better than nothing" band down.

kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #407 on: March 13, 2009, 10:45:30 PM »

If you really think Bon Jovi and U2 sounds the same just because they still have the same lineup, you're just trying to put this "better than nothing" band down.

The new music may not sound the same, but that's not all Bon Jovi plays, and when they play the old stuff, they sound great.  Bands grow up and change their sound... what's wrong with that?  I don't express myself the same way at 33 that I did at 20 or even 25, so why should we expect them to?
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #408 on: March 13, 2009, 10:46:45 PM »

The new stadium for Dallas Cowboys is saying that talks of a AC/DC show are in the works for the summer.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/031109dnentstadiumconcerts.24cc7563.html

Tweens and head-bangers got good news Tuesday night, courtesy of the Dallas Cowboys.

Team executive Stephen Jones told a crowd at the University of Texas at Arlington that the team was close to booking the Jonas Brothers and AC/DC at the Cowboys' new stadium.

"For those of you who have young girls ? I do ? they'll be very excited to hear about the Jonas Brothers," said Jones, the Cowboys' chief operating officer. However, the AC/DC announcement got the bigger applause from the ballroom crowded with business leaders at UTA's Business Week 2009 Executive Dinner.

The Cowboys previously announced that country star George Strait would headline the stadium's first public event June 6.

Jones said the Jonas Brothers concert probably would be in June or July. He said he had no estimated date for an AC/DC show.

The newly announced U2 concert tour has a date with Dallas, but there are no details beyond the city's name.

Reports surfaced Monday that U2 would play the Cowboys stadium Oct. 12. Tour and team officials quickly denied that a date was confirmed.

"There is an unauthorized site [u2tours.com] that has listed these dates," U2 publicist Lisa DiAngelo wrote in an e-mail. "The ONLY confirmed tour dates are the dates on the press release."

But Dallas will be a stop on the tour, according to DiAngelo, who added that ticketing information will be released soon.

The official press notice, released Monday, listed Dallas among a group of cities that the band would visit in September and October.

The speculation surrounding the venue was given legs when fan Web sites and a ticket Web site listed the Cowboys stadium date.

The Web sites listed other dates not on the official release, including at Reliant Stadium in Houston and the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.

How does TicketNetwork, which sells tickets via The Dallas Morning News Web site and other Web sites, know the date for the Cowboys stadium is real?

"I don't know that it's true," says representative Harmon Howe, "because I don't track the 5 million tickets we have on there."

What he does know is that the site's compliance group makes sure tickets for sale are legitimate.

What a buyer gets at this point is a commitment for the ticket when tickets go on sale.

The Jonas Brothers concert is going to be my daughter's birthday present!  (Although she wants to see GnR, at eight years old, that's a big NO!)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #409 on: March 14, 2009, 03:33:59 AM »

Haha, people seem to confuse "dated" and "classic."

Yeah, that Mozart shit is really dated.  Can't stand listening to that old shit.

Roll Eyes
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #410 on: March 14, 2009, 09:06:21 AM »

The new music may not sound the same, but that's not all Bon Jovi plays, and when they play the old stuff, they sound great.  Bands grow up and change their sound... what's wrong with that?  I don't express myself the same way at 33 that I did at 20 or even 25, so why should we expect them to?
Who said there is something wrong with that?

IMO, the new band playing the old stuff sound as great as it should. Sometimes better than the old band (and that's MY opinion!!!).

But don't tell me U2 or Bon Jovi or whatever sound exactly the same as they did 30 years ago. And this is not a issue - hence why I love GN'R, who NEVER sounded the same as their previous works. And that's why I love the new sound too.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #411 on: March 14, 2009, 10:44:54 AM »

Haha, people seem to confuse "dated" and "classic."

Yeah, that Mozart shit is really dated.  Can't stand listening to that old shit.

Roll Eyes

a couple of hours of Mozart concert orthodox to a t, would be like an endurance contest.  no
tough to sit out.
Annie
« Reply #412 on: March 14, 2009, 11:13:14 AM »

The Jonas Brothers concert is going to be my daughter's birthday present!  (Although she wants to see GnR, at eight years old, that's a big NO!)
I don't have kids, but I would prefer my 8 year old saw GNR over the Jonas brothers. Why are they so popular? None of them are cute They can't sing.   I was at  an African American wedding, and when SOLDIER BOY came on all the kids came running. Those kids had some great dance moves.  But the Jo Bros? NO. You are a great Dad to suffer like that for your little girl.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 11:46:27 AM by Annie » Logged
GNRFAN20
« Reply #413 on: March 14, 2009, 11:33:07 AM »

Take here to go see Guns. The environment is not bad.
jatscm
Opening Act

« Reply #414 on: March 14, 2009, 05:18:11 PM »

alright guys, i no this sounds a lame reason to join but w/e... I'm confirming the GNR tour with Van Halen. Reason is my dad works as a touring stage hand and hes been picked to go on tour with them... If you guys want proof, check ticket sales on April 1st, thats the release date on them.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #415 on: March 14, 2009, 05:19:19 PM »

April 1st...  No one is going to believe them if they come out that day.  Tongue
jatscm
Opening Act

« Reply #416 on: March 14, 2009, 05:22:18 PM »

Yea I know, why that specific day was picked for the ticket sales idk, but my dad works on Long Island with local 340 and he knows about the tour, when I asked  him a few days ago he told me that nobody was supposed to even think or know about it yet.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #417 on: March 14, 2009, 05:24:14 PM »

Yea I know, why that specific day was picked for the ticket sales idk, but my dad works on Long Island with local 340 and he knows about the tour, when I asked  him a few days ago he told me that nobody was supposed to even think or know about it yet.

And that's why half the internet is already thinking and knowing about it?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jatscm
Opening Act

« Reply #418 on: March 14, 2009, 05:31:22 PM »

Well no, by a few days ago I mean I asked him when the RUMOUR first came out on March 6th or w/e is when I asked him, but up till now when im posting this, very few to none have actually known it.

EDIT: and for more proof on this it is a US only combined tour and one location is Madison Square Garden
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 05:35:29 PM by jatscm » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #419 on: March 14, 2009, 05:40:56 PM »

why you're posting this when nobodys supposed to even think or know about it yet? wouldn't it trouble your dad?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: