Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:17:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 406917 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2009, 06:47:20 PM »

Giants Stadium holds 80,000.
Williams Brice Stadium holds 80,000.
Notre Dame Stadium holds 80,000.
LA Coliseum holds 93,000+.
Rose Bowl holds 92,000+.
Tiger Stadium holds 92,000.
Fedex Field holds 91,000+.
Beaver Stadium holds 107,000+.
Michigan Stadium holds 106,000+.

Just throwing some names out there of some of the biggest stadiums in the US.

Would be nice to see GNR fill some of these eh? hihi
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #201 on: March 05, 2009, 06:49:13 PM »

maybe if they can create a Festival???....like Ozzfest with many bands opening, M. Crue did the CrueFest...what would be the name??? mmmm maybe "The Guns Fest''?

'The Guns Fest', great name  ok could draw an unexpected crowd of gunlovin' americans, a few shacklers and members of the National Rifle Association of America.

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #202 on: March 05, 2009, 08:26:06 PM »

gnr will not sellout giants stadium or any other football stadium in the us. we are not talking about Bruce Springsteen or U2. Wake up people this is not 1991-92 anymore. why didn't the 80,000 who you people think will buy the tickets BUY THE CD?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #203 on: March 05, 2009, 08:49:31 PM »

gnr will not sellout giants stadium or any other football stadium in the us. we are not talking about Bruce Springsteen or U2. Wake up people this is not 1991-92 anymore. why didn't the 80,000 who you people think will buy the tickets BUY THE CD?

Why don't some people read before posting?

I don't think a lot of people are assuming that GN'R would sell out every stadium out of the blue.

Things that would make a difference have been pointed out in this thread. Such as, the other acts on the bill.

And promotion. And the fact that instead of two or three shows in your area, you might just get one. Etc. etc.

And why is that your first concern anyway? Isn't a possible tour great news?  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #204 on: March 05, 2009, 08:56:59 PM »

What do you care anyways, their gonna fucking tour. I don't give a shit if theres 10 or 100,000 people in the audience, I'll be there having a blast. I just don't get some people.

Axl is God.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #205 on: March 05, 2009, 09:28:25 PM »

What do you care anyways, their gonna fucking tour. I don't give a shit if theres 10 or 100,000 people in the audience, I'll be there having a blast. I just don't get some people.

Sure, even if some people don't show, it'll just give me more room to jump around excited.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #206 on: March 05, 2009, 09:42:29 PM »

Giants Stadium holds 80,000.
Williams Brice Stadium holds 80,000.
Notre Dame Stadium holds 80,000.
LA Coliseum holds 93,000+.
Rose Bowl holds 92,000+.
Tiger Stadium holds 92,000.
Fedex Field holds 91,000+.
Beaver Stadium holds 107,000+.
Michigan Stadium holds 106,000+.

Just throwing some names out there of some of the biggest stadiums in the US.

Would be nice to see GNR fill some of these eh? hihi
I've never been to a stadium show before, so I have a question for anyone who has or knows the answer.  Do they block off seats in a stadium show like they do in some arenas (eg. behind the stage)?  If that's the case the capacity for concerts at these venues would be lower I would think.  If the stage is facing one way and your behind the stage you won't be able to see much unless the band is constantly rotating, right?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #207 on: March 05, 2009, 09:54:44 PM »

I've never been to a stadium show before, so I have a question for anyone who has or knows the answer.  Do they block off seats in a stadium show like they do in some arenas (eg. behind the stage)?  If that's the case the capacity for concerts at these venues would be lower I would think.  If the stage is facing one way and your behind the stage you won't be able to see much unless the band is constantly rotating, right?

Yeah, they usually do that. How many sections that get blocked off depends on where they put the stage.

They might also block off seats that have obstructed views due to the mixing desk (the tower you often see rise above the crowd in the back) or something.

But to compensate, you have a bunch of people on the field....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #208 on: March 05, 2009, 10:04:58 PM »

Yeah, they usually do that. How many sections that get blocked off depends on where they put the stage.

They might also block off seats that have obstructed views due to the mixing desk (the tower you often see rise above the crowd in the back) or something.

But to compensate, you have a bunch of people on the field....

/jarmo
Actually now that I think about, I did see one stadium show.  I saw Bruce Springsteen at Rentschler Field years back.  Small stadium though, home of UConn Huskies football, holds around 40,000.  I don't really remember the stage setup for that one, I'm pretty sure the seats behind the stage were blocked off.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #209 on: March 05, 2009, 10:07:28 PM »

Stadium Australia/Telstra Stadium/ANZ Staduim (whatever it's called) In sydney Holds 110 000 people but can someone tell me what they knocked it down to when U2 or the Stones played there?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2009, 10:23:49 PM »

Ticket prices need to be reasonable for something like this to work.... Anyways, it's not my job to schedule or promote this thing, I'm going to sit back and see what they come up with.  Good news!
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #211 on: March 05, 2009, 11:04:45 PM »

Monsters of Rock V 2009.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #212 on: March 06, 2009, 12:53:10 AM »

i hope they will play in Mexico City again,  in the Azteca stadium 100,000. capacity  ok
well not really ,i prefer something smaller , i went to see lenny kravits in the azteca , i couldnt see him, it was pretty boring to say the truth.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #213 on: March 06, 2009, 01:12:55 AM »

I think the band can perfectly do one stadium show per country and sell it out in a matter of hours in Southamerica and most european countries. And I'm talking about GNR on his own.

At the United States, it might be necessary for GNR to do a massive promotion and another big act to support the tour.

I would really love to find out the reasons behind this ''stadium tour'' decision. Very exciting news.

I wonder where in GNR plans is located Southamerica. CD has sold more than 20.000 copies in argentina (it went gold some weeks ago) and its solidly located in the top 5 selling albums since its release. GNR can sellout one River Plate Stadium (60.000+) in one or two days.

I must see this new band live soon. I'm simply desperated.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
kenwright79
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #214 on: March 06, 2009, 02:17:18 AM »

dude, the Sprint Center in Kansas City is a for sure sellout i can't believe u didn't mention KC. Hell New Kids on the Block sold out the sprint center last november for fucks sakes!
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2009, 07:43:26 AM »

Why don't some people read before posting?

I don't think a lot of people are assuming that GN'R would sell out every stadium out of the blue.

Things that would make a difference have been pointed out in this thread. Such as, the other acts on the bill.

And promotion. And the fact that instead of two or three shows in your area, you might just get one. Etc. etc.

And why is that your first concern anyway? Isn't a possible tour great news?  Huh

/jarmo

i did read the posts. i said giants stadium not every stadium. and i would hope someone promotes this tour unlike the other ones. a co-headlining tour with another major top 5 band like u2 or metallica would of course fill seats.but i dont think hitting the stage at 11:15 pm would work out very well. and yes i am happy to hear that i will be able to go to atleast one concert this summer.
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #216 on: March 06, 2009, 07:48:51 AM »

dude, the Sprint Center in Kansas City is a for sure sellout i can't believe u didn't mention KC. Hell New Kids on the Block sold out the sprint center last november for fucks sakes!

that's not a stadium. it's an arena and it holds 18,000. in 2006 gnr would have put maybe 10,000 there.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #217 on: March 06, 2009, 08:19:18 AM »

i believe the indoor/outdoor amphitheaters in the US typically hold about 15,000 - 30,000 people. with about 5,000 to 7,000 of that total in the indoor section.

this would be ideal for gnr cause if you sell the indoor seats, it feels like a packed house. but then you still have capacity for another 10-20K if necessary.

another thing to remember is that alot of bands are playing outdoor shows at the newer baseball stadiums. these are smaller than the giant football stadiums. they typically hold 40,000 to 50,000 people.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
kenwright79
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #218 on: March 06, 2009, 09:09:39 AM »

i know it's not a stadium i doubt that all the shows will be at stadiums based on the fact that the sprint center is very popular, hell, Garth Brooks opened the Sprint Center, and even Elton John and Metallica (to promote their album Death Magnetic) played there.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #219 on: March 06, 2009, 09:56:10 AM »

Actually now that I think about, I did see one stadium show.  I saw Bruce Springsteen at Rentschler Field years back.  Small stadium though, home of UConn Huskies football, holds around 40,000.  I don't really remember the stage setup for that one, I'm pretty sure the seats behind the stage were blocked off.

HA!  I was at that show (or one of them, anyway).

I'd love to see GnR at Rentschler, even if it is a shit concert venue (IMHO).  But, in terms of stadiums...I think it's too small to be on the radar, really.  With on field seating, I think the capacity was like 30-35k for concerts (because while you gain field seats, you lose the "obstructed view" seats.    It's weird, though...I though I'd read there were 60k at the Springsteen shows...and that's the attendance figure listed on the stadium site, anyway.  "Over 60k" for Springsteen....though maybe that was for BOTH shows??  Or maybe I'm wrong on the capacity and it's larger than I thought.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: