Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:16:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 410291 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #820 on: May 25, 2009, 12:52:58 AM »

I thought all bets were off but there's that Philly story about GNR headlining Europe this summer.  And Trunk just brought up GNR, maybe he's begging for a guest he's thinking will be in town soon?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #821 on: May 25, 2009, 11:19:48 AM »

I thought all bets were off but there's that Philly story about GNR headlining Europe this summer.  And Trunk just brought up GNR, maybe he's begging for a guest he's thinking will be in town soon?
I wouldn't put too much stock in any of that.  The article about GNR headlining Europe is most likely just based off the same rumors we've heard, which haven't ammounted to anything yet.  And Eddie is just wondering aloud and would love to get another exclusive on his show.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #822 on: May 25, 2009, 12:26:23 PM »

But why is he wondering out loud at this time?  I'm thinking Axl's already in NY.

I don't know, I've been really busy this month and they are such a large group to keep track of.  What are the rest of the guys doing?

I'm ready to see the machine kick into gear.  DJ's on board and Pooch spoke out.  I don't want to believe they aren't up to something.

By the way, my cd palyer is loaded and while I love to let the silence just hang there at the end of Prostitue, somebody cut it off and I'm moved into the next cd to quickly!

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #823 on: May 25, 2009, 12:40:54 PM »

What are the rest of the guys doing?

enjoying the last days of the 3 week break?  Grin
I can't see the trunk comments luring axl to NY.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #824 on: May 25, 2009, 01:33:33 PM »

What are the rest of the guys doing?

enjoying the last days of the 3 week break?  Grin
I can't see the trunk comments luring axl to NY.
Yeah, that 3 week break Frank alluded to is just about to expire.  We'll see what happens, if anything, in the next week or so.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #825 on: May 25, 2009, 11:12:57 PM »

Alright, this is getting pretty lame.  When the hell is the band going to annouce tour plans and support this cd?  Would be nice to have others know they are out there except us.
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #826 on: May 25, 2009, 11:30:06 PM »

Alright, this is getting pretty lame.  When the hell is the band going to annouce tour plans and support this cd?  Would be nice to have others know they are out there except us.

soon is the word.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #827 on: May 26, 2009, 12:07:35 AM »

soon is the word.

Lol, excuse me while I projectile vomit.  Tongue
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #828 on: May 26, 2009, 10:53:33 AM »

Lol, excuse me while I projectile vomit.  Tongue

while i kiss the sky  Cheesy

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #829 on: May 26, 2009, 11:09:44 AM »

its almost June......when does "Summer" start? With the need for tour promo, ticket sales etc. They're leaving it kinda late...........but hey its GnR

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #830 on: May 26, 2009, 11:28:36 AM »

It depends on where. In peru I guess it's like from December.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #831 on: May 26, 2009, 11:43:24 AM »

This site is saying GNR wants to tour @ Peru because the Chile gig was unvailable:

"The american band Guns N' Roses studies the possibility to come to Peru, if Chile keeps denying the Nacional de Santiago stadium. The band has a scheduled global tour to introduce the so-waited Chinese Democracy album, wich had almost 15 years in the making."

Source: http://www.cpnradio.pe/html/2009/05/20/5/465.htm and AndreGNR from PerfectCrimeGNR.com

ps: my spanish is not that good, but I tried to translate what the article said about GNR. There's also some stuff about other bands.

Your spanish > portugues > english translation is perfect  Grin

The rumour about Chile is around, but the main problem with Chile is the lack of a proper/big place to hold a megaband like Guns. President Michelle Bachelet dont want the National Stadium (where GNR played in 1992) to be used for concerts. And other options like the Movistar Arena (where VR played in 2007 with other bands) are apparenty not big enough, or too much expensive.

Voodoo, if the band plays in Recife, I will be there with you. Trust me. Not without having 4 or 5 capetas before  Grin
Damn man, do you know this drink? It's been some time for me... I wouldn't say it brings me a lot of memories: I used to have no memories at all after drink it. Tongue

I just hope I can get a new job by then to be able to go to Recife to see the gig (and my parents, of course).

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #832 on: May 26, 2009, 12:07:11 PM »

its almost June......when does "Summer" start? With the need for tour promo, ticket sales etc. They're leaving it kinda late...........but hey its GnR

I'm not saying it can't happen, but the odds of a summer tour at this point are looking pretty bleak. If a tour was imminent, it would be getting promoted. The total silence seems to suggest there were "issues" of somekind.

My gut feeling says not this year. Hope I'm wrong.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #833 on: May 26, 2009, 12:27:49 PM »

I'm not saying it can't happen, but the odds of a summer tour at this point are looking pretty bleak. If a tour was imminent, it would be getting promoted. The total silence seems to suggest there were "issues" of somekind.

My gut feeling says not this year. Hope I'm wrong.

imagaine that, issues w/ GnR; who woulda thunk it Huh
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #834 on: May 26, 2009, 04:22:36 PM »

This site is saying GNR wants to tour @ Peru because the Chile gig was unvailable:

"The american band Guns N' Roses studies the possibility to come to Peru, if Chile keeps denying the Nacional de Santiago stadium. The band has a scheduled global tour to introduce the so-waited Chinese Democracy album, wich had almost 15 years in the making."

Source: http://www.cpnradio.pe/html/2009/05/20/5/465.htm and AndreGNR from PerfectCrimeGNR.com

ps: my spanish is not that good, but I tried to translate what the article said about GNR. There's also some stuff about other bands.

Your spanish > portugues > english translation is perfect  Grin

The rumour about Chile is around, but the main problem with Chile is the lack of a proper/big place to hold a megaband like Guns. President Michelle Bachelet dont want the National Stadium (where GNR played in 1992) to be used for concerts. And other options like the Movistar Arena (where VR played in 2007 with other bands) are apparenty not big enough, or too much expensive.

Voodoo, if the band plays in Recife, I will be there with you. Trust me. Not without having 4 or 5 capetas before  Grin
Damn man, do you know this drink? It's been some time for me... I wouldn't say it brings me a lot of memories: I used to have no memories at all after drink it. Tongue

I just hope I can get a new job by then to be able to go to Recife to see the gig (and my parents, of course).
You don't need to go to Recife....if they come to Brazil they'll probably play in Rio, S?o Paulo, BH, Porto Alegre...'Cause if they don't, I kill myself...I might don't have money to see Guns in Sao Paulo that's is 305 km away from my city, imagine going to Recife!
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #835 on: May 26, 2009, 04:49:22 PM »

It sure appears to me that there won't be any U.S. dates in the foreseeable future. It just seems like everything is at a standstill right now.

I'd hate to think the sluggish U.S. sales of Chinese Democracy is factoring into whether the band tours in America, but the economy is still in dire shape, and 2006 should say a lot about who is willing to pay to see the revamped lineup of GN'R.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #836 on: May 26, 2009, 05:25:39 PM »

I would be extremely suprised to see a summer tour in Europe.  All teh festivals have been booked now, plus most of the major venues across the UK.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #837 on: May 26, 2009, 05:28:36 PM »

^ They can play in Europe without festivals, don't they?

You don't need to go to Recife....if they come to Brazil they'll probably play in Rio, S?o Paulo, BH, Porto Alegre...'Cause if they don't, I kill myself...I might don't have money to see Guns in Sao Paulo that's is 305 km away from my city, imagine going to Recife!
I know, but do you think I would miss them in my hometown? It would be killer. Smiley

uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #838 on: May 26, 2009, 05:53:31 PM »

Warm up shows should be coming soon, Then over seas to do big shows. And then come back and do shows in the U.S. late summer into fall and winter. And if that all goes well Stadium shows in U.S. in 2010.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #839 on: May 26, 2009, 07:28:36 PM »

Warm up shows should be coming soon, Then over seas to do big shows. And then come back and do shows in the U.S. late summer into fall and winter. And if that all goes well Stadium shows in U.S. in 2010.

This is based in fact or your guess?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: