Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 11:23:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 390603 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #280 on: March 07, 2009, 10:01:40 AM »

Casual fans that I've mentioned a possible VH/GN'R tour seem excited.  A lot more excited the the previous tours this decade.  The presents are under the tree, but we just can't open them yet...
I've been telling my friends that it's JUST A RUMOR at this point, don't want to get them too excited.  Being a GNR fan is a little like being the boy who cried wolf.  After awhile, your friends just don't believe anything you say about GNR anymore.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #281 on: March 07, 2009, 10:15:05 AM »

't still a rumour with a question mark, save that it's strong. as mr azzoff manages VH too.
I imagine VH would rather go on before GNR....

I'm not a big Van Halen fan, but I am excited that GNR is going to tour.

That a way...way to be politically correct for this board.   Roll Eyes
At least I am being honest. Muse would be a great band to tour with GNR.

honestly I'm not big on them either but i think it would be a good idea. While some GNR fans could be hostile to newer bands, which is a shame, they wouldn't dear try to boo off VH.
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #282 on: March 07, 2009, 10:28:48 AM »

Casual fans that I've mentioned a possible VH/GN'R tour seem excited.  A lot more excited the the previous tours this decade.  The presents are under the tree, but we just can't open them yet...
I've been telling my friends that it's JUST A RUMOR at this point, don't want to get them too excited.  Being a GNR fan is a little like being the boy who cried wolf.  After awhile, your friends just don't believe anything you say about GNR anymore.

I get what you mean..  Smiley I wrote to another forum last year (it was actually another band's unofficial fan forum) about CD coming out soon and nobody believed me then that it was going to happen. It was bit of a let down for me, because all the signs were there and I was so excited about the whole thing. It's better to keep it to minimum with other than places like this.

About the tour then..even though it's nervewrecking, I guess all you can do is wait for more news. You never know whether they are going to play somewhere near you or not. Then again these days you can never be sure whether you can make it to a show anyhow (financially/timewise). But I'm keeping my hopes up until then.

But generally speaking a tour might just the right boost (aka 'promotion') for album sales and as a fan that would be rewarding as well.   Cheesy

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #283 on: March 07, 2009, 10:43:28 AM »

Greetings from NYC! The one thing about touring with van halen that could be bad is ticket prices. Van Halen on there tour last year were getting 100 to 150 a ticket. Now if this tour with gn'r happens what would the ticket prices be like?

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #284 on: March 07, 2009, 10:49:52 AM »

Greetings from NYC! The one thing about touring with van halen that could be bad is ticket prices. Van Halen on there tour last year were getting 100 to 150 a ticket. Now if this tour with gn'r happens what would the ticket prices be like?
Don't I know it.  I paid like $200 to see them at the Mohegan Sun.  That was only 9,000 capacity or so though.  You'd think if they have a venue 4x that capacity or more they don't need to have tickets so highly priced.  Especially the way things are going with the economy.  I think they'll be smart about it, at least I hope.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #285 on: March 07, 2009, 10:53:06 AM »

start saving money, people just in any case.  Saving pennies never does you harm.

I get what you mean..  Smiley I wrote to another forum last year (it was actually another band's unofficial fan forum) about CD coming out soon and nobody believed me then that it was going to happen. It was bit of a let down for me, because all the signs were there and I was so excited about the whole thing. It's better to keep it to minimum with other than places like this.

isn't it annoying that they never admit that they were wrong and you were right? hihi
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #286 on: March 07, 2009, 10:59:06 AM »

Don't I know it.  I paid like $200 to see them at the Mohegan Sun.  That was only 9,000 capacity or so though.  You'd think if they have a venue 4x that capacity or more they don't need to have tickets so highly priced.  Especially the way things are going with the economy.  I think they'll be smart about it, at least I hope.

Yeah i seen them back on May 25th in Providence. Great show in front of about 11.000. I had to pay 100 bucks to see them. I'm with you i don't see how they could get ppl to pay alot for a Stadium show with the world is right now. But what a great day thing a VH/GN'R stadium show would be!  beer
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 11:01:30 AM by uzisuicide2002 » Logged

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #287 on: March 07, 2009, 11:24:04 AM »

start saving money, people just in any case.  Saving pennies never does you harm.

isn't it annoying that they never admit that they were wrong and you were right? hihi

No, not really.  Being right isn't where I get my kicks.   Roll Eyes And I finally did get through to them by hitting enough cards to the table - some might call them facts - and we ended up having a really nice talk about the whole thing. I do understand why some people might have been sceptical about the release of CD but for me it makes perfect sense. If someone works hard for years to make an album, then it would make no sense not to realease it at some point. Or not to make a tour. So all it comes down to is when ?  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 11:25:58 AM by H76 » Logged

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #288 on: March 07, 2009, 11:30:30 AM »

I was worried about ticket prices too. But if there's assigned seating on the field instead of GA, I'm paying whatever I must to get good seats.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #289 on: March 07, 2009, 11:33:09 AM »

Given the state of the economy and the size of the venues, it would make sense that ticket prices would come down from what VH was charging for their arena shows.

If this is pulled off, and ticket prices are cheap, this tour could be a blockbuster.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #290 on: March 07, 2009, 11:34:21 AM »

No, not really.  Being right isn't where I get my kicks.   Roll Eyes

why the rolling eyes?  confused

I try to be right and not to spread negativity or lies. is it something for you to scone?

H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #291 on: March 07, 2009, 11:39:58 AM »

No, not really.  Being right isn't where I get my kicks.   Roll Eyes

why the rolling eyes?  confused

I try to be right and not to spread negativity or lies. is it something for you to scone?

I was just thinking what it is where I get my kicks out of.. nothing to do with your reply really. Sorry if it came out the wrong way.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 11:46:12 AM by H76 » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #292 on: March 07, 2009, 11:52:53 AM »

if people were more concerned about their posting histories there wouldn't be so much bs on the net.
and I'm allergic to the misuse of the rolling eyes smiley.
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #293 on: March 07, 2009, 12:38:34 PM »

if people were more concerned about their posting histories there wouldn't be so much bs on the net.
and I'm allergic to the misuse of the rolling eyes smiley.

Like I already said, I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. That was not my intention. As for smilies..there are bigger concerns in this world than use of smilies right now. I come out here just to relax and have a laugh, not to pick a fight.

For me this conversation has run it's course and ends here. If you feel you got something more to say, send me a personal message. This isn't the right place for something like that.

Annie
« Reply #294 on: March 07, 2009, 02:15:12 PM »

't still a rumour with a question mark, save that it's strong. as mr azzoff manages VH too.
I imagine VH would rather go on before GNR....

I'm not a big Van Halen fan, but I am excited that GNR is going to tour.

That a way...way to be politically correct for this board.   Roll Eyes
At least I am being honest. Muse would be a great band to tour with GNR.

honestly I'm not big on them either but i think it would be a good idea. While some GNR fans could be hostile to newer bands, which is a shame, they wouldn't dear try to boo off VH.

That is very true. I'll be there if GNR is there! ok PS I love the rolling eyes smiley. He is so cute. He looks like he is in deep thought.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 02:17:27 PM by Annie » Logged
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #295 on: March 07, 2009, 03:59:12 PM »

I was worried about ticket prices too. But if there's assigned seating on the field instead of GA, I'm paying whatever I must to get good seats.

The field for stadium shows usually is GA. If you wanna sit i would buy seats upstairs.
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #296 on: March 07, 2009, 04:07:28 PM »

As far as ticket prices go, I wouldn't go to this show here, but it gives you an idea of a big stadium show that will sell every seat in the house.

Kenny Chesney Corona Extra Sun City Carnival Tour 2009

Starring:

Kenny Chesney, Sugarland, Montgomery Gentry, Miranda Lambert & The Zac Brown Band

Date:

Saturday, September 19

Venue:

Lucas Oil Stadium

Prices:

$125.00, $99.50, $79.50, $49.50, & $20.00

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
rocky
Rocker

These are the times of my bullshit life!

« Reply #297 on: March 07, 2009, 04:48:00 PM »

I would love to see this tour happen!  GNR is my all time favorite band and Van Halen is the one band that I've never seen yet that I have always wanted to.  The one thing that I haven't seen anybody here mention is that if this does happen, GNR would most likely go on before Van Halen but would probably play a full set.  I could be wrong though...

Skol Vikings
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #298 on: March 07, 2009, 09:28:34 PM »

Guns N? Roses To Tour With Van Halen?

terrybezer / News, Top Posts / 06/03/2009 17:18pm

Could this be the Guns N? Roses stadium tour that was rumoured yesterday?

As if yesterday?s news that Guns N? Roses could be embarking on a worldwide summer stadium hadn?t set tongues wagging enough, today GNR Daily are reporting that Van Halen could be joining them for this trek.

It?s the use of the word ?worldwide? that?s got our interest up. GNR and Van Halen in the UK? Yes, please!

Download festival promoter Andy Copping previously mentioned to us that a Van Halen show in the UK was unlikely to happen for years and the band had also previously mentioned that they were on hold until after Wolfgang Van Halen graduates but you never know, eh?

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/guns-n-roses-to-tour-with-van-halen/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #299 on: March 07, 2009, 11:11:32 PM »

I love the band this site is dedicated to.  Otherwise, I wouldn't be here.

I also love Van Halen.

Anytime GN'R tours, you know I'm gonna show up.  If =VH= were to join forces with Guns, I would be very happy.  Saw =VH= twice on their last tour.  I even have a pair of EVH Chuck Taylor kicks.

But I've been reading the Van Halen forums, and their meathead fans won't even give this tour and Axl a chance. 

I hate people like that.  All things considered, it would be so unpleasant to be surrounded by those idiots. 
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: