Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 11:32:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 389824 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #260 on: March 06, 2009, 06:44:25 PM »

eddie might be a problem, he's a damn alcoholic and always messes things up.

but it should be a fun show

Chinese Democracy!
Annie
« Reply #261 on: March 06, 2009, 06:47:12 PM »

I'm not a big Van Halen fan, but I am excited that GNR is going to tour.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #262 on: March 06, 2009, 06:52:06 PM »

GNR to tour, that's great. I'd consider flying to the States to catch a concert there. I'd love to see someone playing with GnR like The Prodigy, U2, AC/DC, NIN or Muse this year

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2009, 06:53:17 PM »

That a way...way to be politically correct for this board.   Roll Eyes

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2009, 06:54:12 PM »

This could be the biggest failure in music history, but for some reason I don't think so.

If you don't think so, why say it?

Why not say something like "this could be the tour of the summer!"?  Grin

Your president didn't win the election by telling the people he might fail!

That's not the way to win fights and succeed....

I see people already shooting down this whole idea (which shouldn't be a surprise).

What is a surprise is that it seems like many people have totally missed the fact that a GN'R stadium tour actually means that GN'R would be on tour playing shows! Playing shows for, you know, the fans!

Instead of focusing on that, some of you are more focused on the "oh no, it's gonna suck because the venue is too big and nobody want to see them" shit.

We have no announced dates, venues, acts on the bill with GN'R, ticket prices or anything and some of you are already writing it off.

Roll Eyes

Personally I can't wait to see the best band in the world on stage (that's GN'R for all you who needs things spelled out for you) and I don't care what venue they play.

Cool

By the way, I kinda doubt that HitsDailyDouble.com read their news on fan sites. I thought it was more connected to the music business than that?

/jarmo

You're right.  I am excited that they are on tour.  I'm hoping it's a big bill with some great bands.  I'm not sure I'll like a stadium show since they are so big.  But I did attend the Pearl Jam show in Chicago at Soldier Field and it was great but I was alot younger then lol.
Annie
« Reply #265 on: March 06, 2009, 06:55:07 PM »

That a way...way to be politically correct for this board.   Roll Eyes
At least I am being honest. Muse would be a great band to tour with GNR.
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #266 on: March 06, 2009, 07:06:01 PM »

It's not Van Halen.  Eddie's kid is graduating from high school in May, and then they're heading into the studio to record new material. I just read this on the VH website last week. I doubt co-headlining with Guns would mean much to him.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #267 on: March 06, 2009, 07:12:20 PM »

I don't care who they play with, I just can't wait to see them again! (although, i really could do without VH, but like I said, besides Baz, i don't remember the last time I watched an opening act at a Gn'R show, so it doesn't make much difference to me)

Axl is God.
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #268 on: March 06, 2009, 07:16:47 PM »

On planet rock (The radio station), the dj said there was a strong possibilty that gnr will be doing a stadium tour with van halen.Don't know where he got his information from though.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #269 on: March 06, 2009, 08:18:01 PM »

It's not Van Halen.  Eddie's kid is graduating from high school in May, and then they're heading into the studio to record new material. I just read this on the VH website last week. I doubt co-headlining with Guns would mean much to him.
I saw that too, but plans can change.  He said that ahwile back.  Saying they'd put VH on the back burner until Wolfie graduated then they'd start recording for a new album.  BUT, if an opportunity like this just recently came along they might be intrigued to hit the road again on a massive tour and THEN focus on a new album.  It's possible.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2009, 08:33:15 PM »

How does Wolfgang's graduation in May impact a summer tour?  I think he would be happy to postpone college for a quarter/semester to do a huge tour.  Call me crazy but I would rather tour with Van Halen and Guns making money by the truckload than be sitting in class

Co-headlining with Guns may not mean much to him but the paychecks they would receive from such a tour certainly would.  This is the type of gig where Eddie would be making well into the six-figures every night they play
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2009, 09:15:31 PM »

97.9 in Phoenix is promoting their morning show for Monday by saying that they're going to announce news on a "big concert" that will be headed this way. With all the mentions of GN'R and VH, maybe news will come out on Monday, eh?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2009, 11:01:21 PM »

I need a change of underwear.

(If this is true.)
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #273 on: March 07, 2009, 12:44:24 AM »

just to fuck a lot of people off, how about............

Motley Crue, Van Halen, Then Guns to headline 

or maybe substitute Poison for Motley  Smiley

Poison in touring w Def Lepard this summer, I got tickets for August.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #274 on: March 07, 2009, 12:44:34 AM »

How does Wolfgang's graduation in May impact a summer tour?  I think he would be happy to postpone college for a quarter/semester to do a huge tour.  Call me crazy but I would rather tour with Van Halen and Guns making money by the truckload than be sitting in class

Co-headlining with Guns may not mean much to him but the paychecks they would receive from such a tour certainly would.  This is the type of gig where Eddie would be making well into the six-figures every night they play
Well, Eddie did say that VH was taking a rest until Wolfie graduated and then they'd like to see if they could get to work on a new album.  Eddie said he had a bunch of ideas, BUT he said they'd have to see if Dave would be interested, etc.  It sounded like it wasn't a sure thing, and touring would probably be the easier and more profitable thing for them to do.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #275 on: March 07, 2009, 12:49:17 AM »

This could be the biggest failure in music history, but for some reason I don't think so.

If you don't think so, why say it?

Why not say something like "this could be the tour of the summer!"?  Grin

Your president didn't win the election by telling the people he might fail!

That's not the way to win fights and succeed....

I see people already shooting down this whole idea (which shouldn't be a surprise).

What is a surprise is that it seems like many people have totally missed the fact that a GN'R stadium tour actually means that GN'R would be on tour playing shows! Playing shows for, you know, the fans!

Instead of focusing on that, some of you are more focused on the "oh no, it's gonna suck because the venue is too big and nobody want to see them" shit.

We have no announced dates, venues, acts on the bill with GN'R, ticket prices or anything and some of you are already writing it off.

Roll Eyes

Personally I can't wait to see the best band in the world on stage (that's GN'R for all you who needs things spelled out for you) and I don't care what venue they play.

Cool

By the way, I kinda doubt that HitsDailyDouble.com read their news on fan sites. I thought it was more connected to the music business than that?

/jarmo
Let's not forget that www.hitsdailydouble.com broke the Nov. 23rd release date before anyone else.  At least officially.  They reported it on October 8th and a day later all other media outlets were running with the story.  They were certainly right in that situation.  Not saying they've never been wrong, but they seem to be a reputable website who know a thing or two about the biz.  So there could be something to this.

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: March 07, 2009, 09:18:40 AM »

Eddie has been saying he has new material for years, it seems a stadium tour for just the summer would be too hard to pass up for a big payday-Van Halen also actually opened up for Bon Jovi overseas back in 1995-Eddie's drinking has always been an issue, but it really hasn't stopped him from playing-see the 2004 with Sammy, where he was a mess-he seems to be doing better now, I think having his son on tour would be motivation for staying sober-this would be a great double bill, it's hard to say with the economy, but the last tour with Roth did really, well, and I think for rock fans there are not a whole lot of options for tours like this coming up-Poison tours the sheds every year, and Def Leppard seems to tour every summer now-I could possibly see them switching headlining on different dates, but I doubt it would be that much of an issue

libertad
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #277 on: March 07, 2009, 09:24:25 AM »

I saw Halen twice on their reunion tour and it was amazing.

The prospect of seeing them and GNR in the same place on the same night is mind blowing.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #278 on: March 07, 2009, 09:29:48 AM »

when Eddie is on, there is no one better-he is amazing-he is a lot like Axl through the years-not doing many interviews, and kind of touring when he feels like it-I would love another album with Roth-it would be an amazing show

libertad
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #279 on: March 07, 2009, 09:52:04 AM »

Casual fans that I've mentioned a possible VH/GN'R tour seem excited.  A lot more excited the the previous tours this decade.  The presents are under the tree, but we just can't open them yet...

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »