Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 11:22:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 388840 times)
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: March 06, 2009, 10:04:34 AM »

Source - Blabbermouth, gnrdaily.

delete if its BS. or proven b*llSh*t.

According to Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS, GUNS N' ROSES is rumored to be planning a co-headlining tour with VAN HALEN.

RollingStone.com reported earlier this week that Axl Rose intends to take the current lineup of GUNS N' ROSES out on a worldwide stadium tour this summer. "Axl has been basically quiet, keeping out of the limelight for almost 15 years," GUNS manager Irving Azoff told RollingStone.com."People think they know him, but they really only know what has been said about him by questionable people. He is a good guy and often misunderstood ? he is a professional who has worked very hard to build and maintain a high creative standard for GUNS N' ROSES, which I support. We have some exciting things in the works this year for GN'R. I'm looking forward to it."

Contrary to a report posted on the MTV Spain web site, the band has absolutely no plans of playing Spain's Kobetasonik festival this June, according to RollingStone.com.

GUNS N' ROSES' new album, "Chinese Democracy", was officially certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on February 3, 2009 for shipments in the United States in excess of one million copies. According to Nielsen SoundScan, the CD has shifted 554,000 units since it was released on November 23, 2008 as a Best Buy exclusive after a wait of more than 15 years.

Aside from Billboard and Spinner interviews and answering a number of fan questions at a GUNS N' ROSES message board, Axl Rose has done no promotion of any kind for "Chinese Democracy".

(Thanks: GnrDaily.com)
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2009, 11:25:37 AM »

GN'R Might play there but YOU WILL NEVER GET THE NRL GRAND FINAL.  rofl

Nor should we, having the 3 best teams...  beer
kenwright79
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #222 on: March 06, 2009, 11:32:55 AM »

touring with van halen, a hair band? lol wtf? i'll pass
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #223 on: March 06, 2009, 11:34:04 AM »

maybe the dumbest comment in a long time.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #224 on: March 06, 2009, 11:34:39 AM »

This is what it says at Hits Daily Double, it talks about the Rolling Stone article and then adds...

Right on the heels of this news come unconfirmed reports about a co-headlining tour with GNR and fellow L.A. hard-rock icons Van Halen. If this pairing comes to pass, we?re betting it?ll move some serious ducats.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #225 on: March 06, 2009, 11:38:13 AM »

any tour with van halen would be a disaster. i saw VH last year at msg and it was a subpar show to say the least.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #226 on: March 06, 2009, 11:40:49 AM »

Van Halen are far from a hair band. Although they were sort of THE band that kicked things off on The Sunset Strip.  But they're as much a hairband as GNR.

I'd love to see that show.  I saw VH twice their last tour and they were great.  Not sure how strong this rumor is, but I think it'd certainly sell big time.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #227 on: March 06, 2009, 12:03:16 PM »

I think they chose a stadium because of the size and quite possibly the other band. Personally, I'd love to see Buck Cherry open. I think stadium because for instance, when I saw the Stones at Soldier Field, people from Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Michigan came to the show. Mostly from cities that are closer to Chicago but then the Stones didn't have to go to every one of those states to play a show. Of course some fans had to travel but it's summer in Chicago and the experience is definitely worth the trip especially with other things to see and do. And the concert scene during the summer kicks ass! You could go see a show every freakin night. And they have a couple tits venues right on the lake with excellent acoustics that are usually booked with acts at least four nights a week.

Hell yes I'm excited about news of a tour beer and I think stadium to reach the most fans without having to travel to every city.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #228 on: March 06, 2009, 12:04:28 PM »

Van Halen are far from a hair band. Although they were sort of THE band that kicked things off on The Sunset Strip.  But they're as much a hairband as GNR.

I'd love to see that show.  I saw VH twice their last tour and they were great.  Not sure how strong this rumor is, but I think it'd certainly sell big time.

Haha, your right, Daves got no hair left hihi

Axl is God.
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #229 on: March 06, 2009, 12:34:55 PM »

"Worldwide Stadium Tour"  prob means not so many US shows, but select shows with high promotion value.  Axl & Co. probably has a pretty good idea of Gn'R's worth around the world.  I can't see them placing bets on the US since the US buying public has been less receptive.  Like it's been said, they take that show to South America and Europe first, they clean house.

Van Halen would be a great choice.  They are kinda climbing up out of the past since EVH's health issues.  From what I saw and read the shows they did last year were well received with David Lee back and Wolfgang holding down the bass.  I thought Roth looked great, still an awesome front man. They certainly did well financially with it.  In the back of my mind any support will be a surprise no one thought of?

I just hope they bring that show to Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

Chicago 11/15/11
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #230 on: March 06, 2009, 12:49:21 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES To Tour With VAN HALEN? - Mar. 6, 2009 

According to Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS, GUNS N' ROSES is rumored to be planning a co-headlining tour with VAN HALEN.

RollingStone.com reported earlier this week that Axl Rose intends to take the current lineup of GUNS N' ROSES out on a worldwide stadium tour this summer. "Axl has been basically quiet, keeping out of the limelight for almost 15 years," GUNS manager Irving Azoff told RollingStone.com."People think they know him, but they really only know what has been said about him by questionable people. He is a good guy and often misunderstood ? he is a professional who has worked very hard to build and maintain a high creative standard for GUNS N' ROSES, which I support. We have some exciting things in the works this year for GN'R. I'm looking forward to it."

Contrary to a report posted on the MTV Spain web site, the band has absolutely no plans of playing Spain's Kobetasonik festival this June, according to RollingStone.com.

GUNS N' ROSES' new album, "Chinese Democracy", was officially certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on February 3, 2009 for shipments in the United States in excess of one million copies. According to Nielsen SoundScan, the CD has shifted 554,000 units since it was released on November 23, 2008 as a Best Buy exclusive after a wait of more than 15 years.

Aside from Billboard and Spinner interviews and answering a number of fan questions at a GUNS N' ROSES message board, Axl Rose has done no promotion of any kind for "Chinese Democracy".

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=115634

Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #231 on: March 06, 2009, 01:05:43 PM »

I would love to see GNR and VH the same night, I have never seen VH before so it would be pretty awesome!
IF they come to Sweden ofcourse..

shit happens when you party naked
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #232 on: March 06, 2009, 01:08:30 PM »

A hair band? How old are you?

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #233 on: March 06, 2009, 01:09:14 PM »

any tour with van halen would be a disaster. i saw VH last year at msg and it was a subpar show to say the least.

Yes, but they fill up arenas, where new GnR does not (with the exception of large cities.)

Edit: And VH put on a killer show.

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Annie
« Reply #234 on: March 06, 2009, 01:29:07 PM »

Who is the lead singer for VH now?
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #235 on: March 06, 2009, 01:32:03 PM »

Diamond Dave!  Where have you been the past year???

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: March 06, 2009, 01:33:26 PM »

A hair band? How old are you?

Well, by the looks of the "lol, wtf, rofl!! omgzzz" I'd say anywhere in between 11-15.  If I'm off you should be ashamed of yourself.  Anyway, I think that this would be an amazing night if it comes to pass.

I would also like to add that I find it curious that neither the band nor management have quashed this rumor,  as it seems like a big enough one for them to have to address now that the media have caught wind of it.  Interesting.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 01:36:06 PM by sofine11 » Logged
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #237 on: March 06, 2009, 01:34:53 PM »

It would be my tour of the decade.

Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #238 on: March 06, 2009, 01:47:00 PM »

Can you imagine EVH coming on stage and soloing on a song with Gn'R?  I got chills thinking about it.

Chicago 11/15/11
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #239 on: March 06, 2009, 01:52:55 PM »

I would also like to add that I find it curious that neither the band nor management have quashed this rumor,  as it seems like a big enough one for them to have to address now that the media have caught wind of it.  Interesting.

Also take note, if it's still up here, then....

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: