Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 07:57:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 387955 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2009, 04:38:32 PM »

i wonder if they are thinking a summer outdoor arena tour for the U.S. - not the stadiums, but the venues that most play all summer and typically have a couple thousand indoor seats, with a large lawn area.

there are very few bands that can sell 40,000+ on their own, and i just can't envision GnR teaming up with another major act.

a few years ago, metallica did weekend-only shows at stadiums and they had Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit and Deftones with them.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2009, 04:44:08 PM »

i can see gnr and aerosmith together doing stadiums this summer.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2009, 04:46:25 PM »

Fernando just posted on my gnr.

There was something in the air that night... the stars....

Hi guys, and fuck yeah - eh!?

Don't worry about the business side, just get make sure you are there, and we will take care of the rest.

GNR are doing a summer tour with ABBA?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: March 05, 2009, 04:46:29 PM »

Amphitheaters most likely for the US.  For whatever reasons us Amercians don't support big stadium tours much unless they are an extremely huge and/or classic band.  Or the festival type like everyone else is suggesting with more than one or two big name bands.

So by Fernandos post I'm thinking there's going to be a double bill with another big act.  At least that's what I got out of this part:

Quote from: Fernando
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2009, 04:47:52 PM »

Roll Eyes Im not just sitting here blaming irving and the band for the sake of it.  

Of course not.

Instead it's just "another thing that GN'R did wrong".... Without you (or me for what matter) knowing all the details for.  hihi

i wonder if they are thinking a summer outdoor arena tour for the U.S. - not the stadiums, but the venues that most play all summer and typically have a couple thousand indoor seats, with a large lawn area.

Aren't some of those amphitheaters stadium sized in regards to capacity?

So by Fernandos post I'm thinking there's going to be a double bill with another big act.  At least that's what I got out of this part:

ABBA will be on the tour with GN'R?

If that's true, we can all thank Fernando!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #185 on: March 05, 2009, 04:53:12 PM »

There is a big issue with pairing up Gn'R with another big act like Aerosmith or Metallica (or that level of group) because the big thing these level acts want is the nighttime backdrops so their lighting and production can be set. 

I would think Gn'R is going out with UYI size production sets or bigger, so I'm not thinking they will go out with another Big Dog unless the other Big Dog is willing to do away with their production (unlikely).

This is an interesting move, because I would have thought 15,000 to 20,000 capacity venues would have been the route.  The fun with Gn'R is in the waiting.  So far whats been delivered, when delivered, has been worth the wait.

As far as Best Buy, I see that business move as a down payment.  I have a feeling the next round of product is going to be something unique that we are all going to want to buy again.

Chicago 11/15/11
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: March 05, 2009, 04:55:22 PM »

Fernando just posted on my gnr.

Hi guys, and fuck yeah - eh!?

Don't worry about the business side, just get make sure you are there, and we will take care of the rest.

GNR are doing a summer tour with ABBA?

With ABBA ... hihi

What?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: March 05, 2009, 05:00:51 PM »

The closest one to stadium size is the Hyundai Pavillion in California.  It holds 65000.  On average the US stadiums hold about 70,000 people.  I think most amphitheaters are about 40000.  And that can still be quite alot for us Americans.  Embarrassed
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #188 on: March 05, 2009, 05:07:13 PM »

The closest one to stadium size is the Hyundai Pavillion in California.  It holds 65000.  On average the US stadiums hold about 70,000 people.  I think most amphitheaters are about 40000.  And that can still be quite alot for us Americans.  Embarrassed

maybe axl will be able to see "fire" once again at the hyundai pavillion  hihi
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #189 on: March 05, 2009, 05:08:52 PM »

Roll Eyes Im not just sitting here blaming irving and the band for the sake of it.  

Of course not.

Instead it's just "another thing that GN'R did wrong".... Without you (or me for what matter) knowing all the details for.  hihi

ABBA will be on the tour with GN'R?

If that's true, we can all thank Fernando!

/jarmo

most US ampitheatres typically seat between 10-25000-depending on the location

-jones beach in NY holds about 15200 (from google search)
-and theres one in Camden, NJ (Susquehanna Bank Center) thats popular for outdoor shows holds 25K

wheras US stadiums hold anywhere from 50-80K people depending on if it's a US football stadium or baseball stadium-football stadiums (60-90K) typically hold more people than baseball (37-60K)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 05:16:03 PM by classicgunsfan » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #190 on: March 05, 2009, 05:23:49 PM »

Ah, then our stadiums are smaller... I guess because they're mainly used for (real) football.

They're anything from like 30,000 (Olympic Stadium in Stockholm for example) and up....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #191 on: March 05, 2009, 05:30:49 PM »

I would be shocked if there wasnt another BIG act/s going on this tour with them. There is no way they can fill stadiums here in the US. I do not know about the rest of the world. Im sure they would do better around the world in that regard.

Giants stadium is where they would play around here. Never been to a stadium concert. Looking foward to it.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #192 on: March 05, 2009, 05:45:50 PM »

never called Irving dumb-just alluded to the fact it didn't do nearly as well in the states as nearly anyone thought it would given the history and anticipation for this album-

and I'm thinking the same will happen if they do a stadium tour in the US unles they have another co-headlining act....

Record buyers aren't the only ones going to concerts.....

Also, there's probably couples who bought one album but would buy two tickets. What about those who haven't bought the album yet because they're not aware of it?

Etc etc.

So just looking at album sales to justify the venue sizes isn't always 100% accurate.

/jarmo

You are correct about that but considering they were only selling 7000 tickets to shows in 2006 at some places I am not sure they could do a full staduim tour.  They could hit maybe a couple of spots.  That is unless they are doing a couple one off shows with another band then maybe.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #193 on: March 05, 2009, 05:46:46 PM »

Axl owes the gulf coast.....biloxi was cancelled a few weeks before the show in '02....it's our turn!!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #194 on: March 05, 2009, 06:13:32 PM »

You are correct about that but considering they were only selling 7000 tickets to shows in 2006 at some places I am not sure they could do a full staduim tour.  They could hit maybe a couple of spots.  That is unless they are doing a couple one off shows with another band then maybe.

Think about this.

In New York, they sold out the Garden pretty quickly.

The Jersey show sold a lot of tickets too.

Combine the sales of those, add some that could've gone if there were more tickets available for the NYC show.

Then add a killer line-up for the concert and some promotion.....

Suddenly you're not talking about thousands of tickets, it's tens of thousands.

My guess is that you won't be seeing four stadium shows in Florida or one in NYC and one at Giants Stadium...

People might have to travel to see the show.

It'll be more like a fun summer day event than "just another concert".

/jarmo

freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #195 on: March 05, 2009, 06:22:00 PM »

I disagree...in business if something doesn't go as planned...its not just one persons or groups fault.  Everyone who is involved takes some blame. 

Depends on the situation.

Maybe you just have to blame Irving and the band....

It's always easy to sit there behind a computer and tell people what they should've done. Afterward.

And by the way, this has very little to do with Best Buy.

So I suggest you try to focus on the tour.

And any fool who thinks this version of gnr is big enough today to sell out stadiums by themselves is having a wet dream.

And any fool who thinks the whole world is the same as you neck of the woods is being an ignorant fool.

Wink

/jarmo

I stand corrected!  I meant in the usa not the world.  I could see the combined thing as you mentioned above.
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #196 on: March 05, 2009, 06:22:39 PM »

Ah, then our stadiums are smaller... I guess because they're mainly used for (real) football.

They're anything from like 30,000 (Olympic Stadium in Stockholm for example) and up....

/jarmo

That's true, after the Hillsborough disaster, all stadiums were generally all seater which dropped capacity significantly.  

It's also worth noting that when bands play stadiums, the extra capacity that the pitch area adds is negated by the end of the stadium that isn't used because it's behind the stage.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #197 on: March 05, 2009, 06:25:38 PM »

/jarmo

That's true, after the Hillsborough disaster, all stadiums were generally all seater which dropped capacity significantly.  

It's also worth noting that when bands play stadiums, the extra capacity that the pitch area adds is negated by the end of the stadium that isn't used because it's behind the stage.

Yeah, but just to clarify, that doesn't mean all European stadiums are tiny...  Wink

Wembley Stadium has a capacity of 75,000 to 90,000 seated and 15,000 standing  for concerts....

/jarmo

Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #198 on: March 05, 2009, 06:29:49 PM »

maybe if they can create a Festival???....like Ozzfest with many bands opening, M. Crue did the CrueFest...what would be the name??? mmmm maybe "The Guns Fest''?
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #199 on: March 05, 2009, 06:37:44 PM »

I would probably kill a few people in order to see them in St. Louis again. Though no one else here would...some people just can't let go of the past.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: