Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:40:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 387078 times)
DemocracyRose
« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2009, 03:06:24 PM »

GNR can still sell out stadiums in many countries in Europe and in South America...

I have my doubts about US but with some videos of This I love, Street Of Dreams and Better would surely help... Smiley

Maybe a stadium tour with Van Halen and Metallica? beer

But I think Azoffs knows what he is doing. Wink
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2009, 03:16:43 PM »

GNR had to know that Best Buy were the inexperienced ones in this field..but were taking a chance.  

So you think Best Buy and/or Universal/Interscope didn't assure Irving they could handle it?

You just assume they chose Best Buy despite their inexperience.

I'm sure there's more to the story than that....

/jarmo

When did I ever say that Best Buy didn't assure GNR that they couldn't handle it?  I gaurantee you that's what Best Buy told GNR.  But does that mean that all accountability is taken off GNR just because Best Buy said they could handle it? ....  hihi  I don't think so.

Lets put it this way...If the Best Buy deal would have turned out to be much bigger than it was... people would be saying how smart GNR is (while also praising Best Buy).  Now that it didn't happen that way...there's no fault what so ever on GNR?  C'mon.

And there's much more to any story for an outsider.  

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2009, 03:26:09 PM »

GNR and Led Zeppelin, that would be something Tongue But Van Halen? Uuuh I'm gonna drink beer during their set beer

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »

Maybe a stadium tour with Van Halen and Metallica? beer

Metallica is booked all summer throughout Europe..
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2009, 03:29:50 PM »

GNR and Led Zeppelin, that would be something Tongue But Van Halen? Uuuh I'm gonna drink beer during their set beer

I would love to see Van Halen and GnR ! oh man i'd be drunk off my rocker.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2009, 03:31:24 PM »

When did I ever say that Best Buy didn't assure GNR that they couldn't handle it?  I gaurantee you that's what Best Buy told GNR.  But does that mean that all accountability is taken off GNR just because Best Buy said they could handle it? ....  hihi  I don't think so.

All accountability?

Sure.

If you promise to deliver something and fail, whose fault is it? Yours or mine?

You make agreements based on what the other part promises. If they promise to build your castle in a week, you're not the one who's held accountable if it takes two years!

Sure, people might call you naive, but that was a bit of an extreme analogy.

I'm sure Irving had reason to believe Best Buy and/or Interscope wasn't promising something totally impossible.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2009, 03:32:51 PM »

I'm sure you can flip that to go the other way too.^

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2009, 03:36:04 PM »

never called Irving dumb-just alluded to the fact it didn't do nearly as well in the states as nearly anyone thought it would given the history and anticipation for this album-

and I'm thinking the same will happen if they do a stadium tour in the US unles they have another co-headlining act....

Record buyers aren't the only ones going to concerts.....

Also, there's probably couples who bought one album but would buy two tickets. What about those who haven't bought the album yet because they're not aware of it?

Etc etc.

So just looking at album sales to justify the venue sizes isn't always 100% accurate.

/jarmo

thats all true-just one opinion here Undecided

and it is that a stadium tour in the US won't do as well as in Europe and the rest of the world
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2009, 03:40:31 PM »

All accountability?

Sure.

You make agreements based on what the other part promises. If they promise to build your castle in a week, you're not the one who's held accountable if it takes two years!

I'm sure Irving had reason to believe Best Buy and/or Interscope wasn't promising something totally impossible.

/jarmo

I disagree...in business if something doesn't go as planned...its not just one persons or groups fault.  Everyone who is involved takes some blame. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2009, 03:50:07 PM »

isn't he the one that got them the exclusive best buy deal and we saw how that turned out

Yeah, he helped negotiate the sale of 1.3 million albums with a non-return clause, making it platinum in the US on the shipping date, and recovered the entire cost of recording. Dumb ol' Irving.

You can't fault the rest of the world for having better taste in music than the US.  The majority of the US buying public for music barely has hair on their crotches, not to mention a pretty lame view of whats "in".

never called Irving dumb-just alluded to the fact it didn't do nearly as well in the states as nearly anyone thought it would given the history and anticipation for this album-

and I'm thinking the same will happen if they do a stadium tour in the US unles they have another co-headlining act....

How can you think that a stadium tour will not be successful ?  what we know as fans doesn't mean shit.  These guys are professionals and I believe Axl can pull off a stadium tour along with the rest of the band.  Things are gonna happen the way GnR wants them to happen, not what Best  Buy and the record company didn't do the first time around.  Its a matter of having faith in something you believe but obviously that's not the case.  By looking at your screen name here it seems that you would prefer a VR stadium tour.

what the fuck does my screen name have to do with reality of whts going on in the world

where did I mention VR in anyof my posts in this thread

the US and the rest of the world are in a deep recession

people are losing there jobs by the hundreds of thousands

world stock markets are at 20 year lows

3 of the worlds largets auto makers are on the verge of bankruptcy

AIG, the worlds largest insurance company-is on the brink of causing a further global recession because they do business in every continent on the planet

-----------------

if they do a stadium tour-good for them-I just think they'll have a tough time filling them in the US-if they play near the NYC area, I'll be there, I just don't know ift's the best idea given the tough times currently in the US and what could happen in the not so distant future

-----------------

freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2009, 03:51:34 PM »

All accountability?

Sure.

/jarmo

I disagree...in business if something doesn't go as planned...its not just one persons or groups fault.  Everyone who is involved takes some blame. 

you are correct!  Its not Best buys fault totally. They have done exclusives before with great success.  Prince is doing the same with Target.  I GUARENTEE he does not rely on target alone.

And any fool who thinks this version of gnr is big enough today to sell out stadiums by themselves is having a wet dream.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2009, 04:03:12 PM »

ClassicGunsFan made a very valid point about a Co Headline act.

To sell out stadiums, it may take another pretty decently big band.

I know when Bon Jovi did stadiums on the Lost Highway Tour, they had Nickelback open so no need to bash the guy for saying GNR need another fairly decent band cause really, everyone who does stadiums have a pretty big opening act.

I remember Metallica having Korn and Kid Rock on a tour *Correct me if I am wrong*

So A GNR stadium tour u can guarantee will feature some other fairly well known acts. That isn't some kind of indictment on GNR or putting them down.

I don't know how we got on the Best Buy thing but, I don't think u can blame Best Buy at all or even call it a bad deal. They got 1.3 million albums worth of money up front, so that is a very fucking SMART deal and Best Buy are just an electronics chain, they aren't entertainment moguls who promote etc.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 04:05:42 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2009, 04:06:39 PM »

Depends on the situation.

Maybe you just have to blame Irving and the band....

It's always easy to sit there behind a computer and tell people what they should've done. Afterward.

And by the way, this has very little to do with Best Buy.

So I suggest you try to focus on the tour.

And any fool who thinks this version of gnr is big enough today to sell out stadiums by themselves is having a wet dream.

And any fool who thinks the whole world is the same as you neck of the woods is being an ignorant fool.

Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2009, 04:07:32 PM »

Sounds awesome but i got a feeling its gonna be half full stadiums at best, Why not a small intimate type of tour?
axl_on_drums
Opening Act

« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2009, 04:13:18 PM »

I was hoping for 20K seat arenas.

But if a stadium tour does happen, Europe won't be a problem, America i'm not so sure.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2009, 04:13:55 PM »

Sounds awesome but i got a feeling its gonna be half full stadiums at best, Why not a small intimate type of tour?

Both have pros and cons.

Imagine if they only played small venues that sold out within minutes.

And you are left without a ticket.... Would you still think it's a better option to playing a bigger venue and having a bigger shot at getting a ticket?

Maybe they can keep the ticket prices lower by playing a bigger venue? Who knows...

/jarmo

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2009, 04:19:11 PM »

Both have pros and cons.

Imagine if they only played small venues that sold out within minutes.

And you are left without a ticket.... Would you still think it's a better option to playing a bigger venue and having a bigger shot at getting a ticket?

Maybe they can keep the ticket prices lower by playing a bigger venue? Who knows...

/jarmo

mini-residencies at the same venue for 3-6 shows depending on the demand-kind of ike they did at the Hammerstein where they played 4 nights over a week; but across multiple cities in the US

it seems like they may be able to fill stadiums elsewere like Europe, S America, etc.
axl_on_drums
Opening Act

« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2009, 04:28:25 PM »

Fernando just posted on my gnr.

There was something in the air that night... the stars....

Hi guys, and fuck yeah - eh!?

Don't worry about the business side, just get make sure you are there, and we will take care of the rest.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2009, 04:29:10 PM »

May be they are planning on something like an ozzfest with a bunch of bands.  Axl said a while back he wanted to do something like that.  That would fill stadiums.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2009, 04:36:34 PM »

Depends on the situation.

Maybe you just have to blame Irving and the band....

It's always easy to sit there behind a computer and tell people what they should've done. Afterward.

And by the way, this has very little to do with Best Buy.

So I suggest you try to focus on the tour.

And any fool who thinks the whole world is the same as you neck of the woods is being an ignorant fool.

Wink

/jarmo

Roll Eyes Im not just sitting here blaming irving and the band for the sake of it.  I was simply responding to one of your posts where you said that you can't blame GNR.  So your right about how this topic has little to do with Best Buy..but again, I was replying to one of your posts.  

Did I ever tell anyone what they should have done?  I think your getting a little defensive now because God for bid GNR be a little at fault for anything.

Its time to move on ...    

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: