Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:30:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 387058 times)
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2009, 11:35:24 AM »

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2009, 01:06:14 PM »

Why anyone is concerened about ticket sales is beyond me.  Irving Azoff fucking RUNS ticketmaster......you don't think he has a plan for this to be beyone uber?  Basically Irv tells these venue operators how high to jump, (and what price tosell tickets/band guarentees/merch./% of beer sales etc.) and they do whatever he pleases.  This will be a monster no matter what.    It's a nasty business, but we got the right guy playing for our team.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2009, 01:24:54 PM »

Why anyone is concerened about ticket sales is beyond me.  Irving Azoff fucking RUNS ticketmaster......you don't think he has a plan for this to be beyone uber?  Basically Irv tells these venue operators how high to jump, (and what price tosell tickets/band guarentees/merch./% of beer sales etc.) and they do whatever he pleases.  This will be a monster no matter what.    It's a nasty business, but we got the right guy playing for our team.

isn't he the one that got them the exclusive best buy deal and we saw how that turned out

GnR may be able to fill stadiums in Europe as Democracy seems to be selling 3x's what they are selling in the states; but in the states, this may be a strech unless they co-headline w/ someone like AC/DC or Aerosmith more so than a band like Metallica. 
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2009, 01:28:21 PM »

3) Do what Metallica did with Summer Sanitarium, and take 4 or 5 other well known bands on the road with them, and make this an event, not just a concert.

I was thinking the same thing...bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Buckcherry, The Killers etc... would fit in great on this....Bands theses days usually roll out a festival style tour in the summer...like Cruefest,Ozzfest etc....in order to fill a stadium these days you need a few bands on the bill...unless your Bruce, The Stones, or Bon Jovi(only when he plays in jersey, dont get excited D)

No i worked at a Bon Jovi show at Foxboro, MA back in 2003 and it was sold out 60.000. For yous that don't know Foxboro is 25mins north of Providence, RI. But ppl like to say its in Boston. Its not...its closer to Providence then Boston. I hate when ppl call it boston! lol

Because it's in MA... If Gillette and the Pats tied themselves to the State of RI then they would be an Arena Football Franchise  rofl
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2009, 01:32:33 PM »

Sweden, G?terborg - Ullevi  Smiley

Hope they will play in Sweden again...

I don't want to be a buzzkill, not at all, in any way. But I'm just seriously wondering. This is a 56000 capacity stadium. Assume a show here is sold out and think about that Chinese Democracy has sold just a bit over 20000 copies in Sweden so far. Hm, wouldn't it be an awful lot of people there with "Where is Slash?" signs? It would be a shame if the place fills up with a lot of nostalgia dickheads.
I was hoping for a smaller tour in theaters (maybe combined with acoustic shows in clubs day two) in select cities for sort of promotional purposes and then a bigger tour in arenas. And maybe stadiums after that if things went well.
I really want to hear Chinese democracy live!!! And I want to do it with other fans that care about that record!

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2009, 01:33:59 PM »

isn't he the one that got them the exclusive best buy deal and we saw how that turned out

Yeah, he helped negotiate the sale of 1.3 million albums with a non-return clause, making it platinum in the US on the shipping date, and recovered the entire cost of recording. Dumb ol' Irving.

You can't fault the rest of the world for having better taste in music than the US.  The majority of the US buying public for music barely has hair on their crotches, not to mention a pretty lame view of whats "in".

Chicago 11/15/11
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2009, 01:36:54 PM »

Don't think Irving can be blamed for things Best Buy and/or Interscope did/didn't do.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2009, 01:44:24 PM »

Don't think Irving can be blamed for things Best Buy and/or Interscope did/didn't do.....

/jarmo

i guess the point I was trying to make was if you were to corolate album sales to touring ticket sales; given the performance of Democracy in the US only, a stadium tour may not be the best way to go in the US w/out another big name or two on the bill....

the BB deal was good for the band/label as it recouped the $$ for the album-but the execution seems to have been lacking-but it's difficult to say where the ball my have been dropped there
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2009, 01:46:58 PM »

/jarmo

i guess the point I was trying to make was if you were to corolate album sales to touring ticket sales; given the performance of Democracy in the US only, a stadium tour may not be the best way to go in the US w/out another big name or two on the bill....

the BB deal was good for the band/label as it recouped the $$ for the album-but the execution seems to have been lacking-but it's difficult to say where the ball my have been dropped there

Who know's GnR could re release the whole thing, multiple album covers, music video's, ect just like Axl stated.  Ultimately it was the record companies not Irvings fault.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 01:51:56 PM by GNR4L » Logged

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2009, 01:50:22 PM »

Yeah, he helped negotiate the sale of 1.3 million albums with a non-return clause, making it platinum in the US on the shipping date, and recovered the entire cost of recording. Dumb ol' Irving.

You can't fault the rest of the world for having better taste in music than the US.  The majority of the US buying public for music barely has hair on their crotches, not to mention a pretty lame view of whats "in".

never called Irving dumb-just alluded to the fact it didn't do nearly as well in the states as nearly anyone thought it would given the history and anticipation for this album-

and I'm thinking the same will happen if they do a stadium tour in the US unles they have another co-headlining act....

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2009, 01:55:17 PM »

never called Irving dumb-just alluded to the fact it didn't do nearly as well in the states as nearly anyone thought it would given the history and anticipation for this album-

and I'm thinking the same will happen if they do a stadium tour in the US unles they have another co-headlining act....

How can you think that a stadium tour will not be successful ?  what we know as fans doesn't mean shit.  These guys are professionals and I believe Axl can pull off a stadium tour along with the rest of the band.  Things are gonna happen the way GnR wants them to happen, not what Best  Buy and the record company didn't do the first time around.  Its a matter of having faith in something you believe but obviously that's not the case.  By looking at your screen name here it seems that you would prefer a VR stadium tour.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2009, 01:57:34 PM »

Record buyers aren't the only ones going to concerts.....

Also, there's probably couples who bought one album but would buy two tickets. What about those who haven't bought the album yet because they're not aware of it?

Etc etc.

So just looking at album sales to justify the venue sizes isn't always 100% accurate.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2009, 02:10:13 PM »

/jarmo

Look at Motley's Saints of Los Angeles....didn't sell all that great, but they had no problems putting people in the seats. How many times do you think CD was downloaded, and not bought?  I'm guessing that number is pretty damn high. Or you know what? There's also people out there that just didn't care for CD, but would still go see em. So no, you can't corolate album sales to ticket sales. Like someone else said, Irving runs ticketmaster. He knows what they were able to pull in on the last tour, they're not stupid, they thought of that, so if they really are going to be playing stadiums, you know they got a plan to make it work.

Axl is God.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »

There is now a rumor going around on Hits Daily Double, among other places, that this will be a co-headlining tour with Van Halen.

SPREADING DEMOCRACY AROUND THE WORLD: Axl Rose intends to take the current lineup of Guns N? Roses out on a worldwide stadium tour this summer, industry insiders told rollingstone.com. ?Axl has been basically quiet, keeping out of the limelight for almost 15 years,? said Guns manager Irving Azoff in the news item. ?People think they know him, but they really only know what has been said about him by questionable people. He is a good guy and often misunderstood?he is a professional who has worked very hard to build and maintain a high creative standard for Guns N? Roses, which I support. We have some exciting things in the works this year for GNR, I?m looking forward to it.? Right on the heels of this news come unconfirmed reports about a co-headlining tour with GNR and fellow L.A. hard-rock icons Van Halen. If this pairing comes to pass, we?re betting it?ll move some serious ducats. (3/5a)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Ali
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2009, 02:15:40 PM »

There is now a rumor going around on Hits Daily Double, among other places, that this will be a co-headlining tour with Van Halen.

SPREADING DEMOCRACY AROUND THE WORLD: Axl Rose intends to take the current lineup of Guns N? Roses out on a worldwide stadium tour this summer, industry insiders told rollingstone.com. ?Axl has been basically quiet, keeping out of the limelight for almost 15 years,? said Guns manager Irving Azoff in the news item. ?People think they know him, but they really only know what has been said about him by questionable people. He is a good guy and often misunderstood?he is a professional who has worked very hard to build and maintain a high creative standard for Guns N? Roses, which I support. We have some exciting things in the works this year for GNR, I?m looking forward to it.? Right on the heels of this news come unconfirmed reports about a co-headlining tour with GNR and fellow L.A. hard-rock icons Van Halen. If this pairing comes to pass, we?re betting it?ll move some serious ducats. (3/5a)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Ali

hmmm that is VERY interesting....Van Halen has a completely different fan base than GNR...or at least much older...different generation really...that would be very cool though...
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2009, 02:17:12 PM »

What if  nervous Mr . Plant has made up his mind and we will see Led Zepplin & Guns ?
I could see Axl accepting to open for Led Zepplin ...

just a dumb thought ...? Cool

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2009, 02:27:10 PM »

/jarmo

In regards to Best Buy, Irving can indeed be at fault.  There's no way around it.  

I've used this analogy before but if a manager of a company or sporting team decides on people to help them succeed, and they don't come through...its just as much the managers fault as it is the employees fault.  Managers do their research and make what they think are the best moves possible.  

GNR had to know that Best Buy were the inexperienced ones in this field..but were taking a chance.  

I know you hate to point anyone of your fingers in the direction of GNR jarmo , but its the way it is.  Nobody is perfect.

I still love GNR ....don't worry-  ok

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2009, 02:31:37 PM »

GNR had to know that Best Buy were the inexperienced ones in this field..but were taking a chance.  

So you think Best Buy and/or Universal/Interscope didn't assure Irving they could handle it?

You just assume they chose Best Buy despite their inexperience.

I'm sure there's more to the story than that....

/jarmo

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2009, 02:35:08 PM »

In regards to Best Buy, Irving can indeed be at fault.  There's no way around it.  

I've used this analogy before but if a manager of a company or sporting team decides on people to help them succeed, and they don't come through...its just as much the managers fault as it is the employees fault.  Managers do their research and make what they think are the best moves possible.  

I know you hate to point anyone of your fingers in the direction of GNR jarmo , but its the way it is.  Nobody is perfect.

I still love GNR ....don't worry-  ok

Seems that Axl disagrees with you about both BestBuy and Irv.

Billboard:  What were your expectations in terms of what Best Buy would do to promote the album?

Axl:  Best Buy has been great. Going with Best Buy was a way to work out a deal with Universal and we were fortunate enough to work with Irving [Azoff, as manager] and deal more directly with Universal. I've asked for information regarding their role in working the record but that hasn't come yet so I'm not able to tell what Universal has or hasn't done, although Zach [Horowitz, Universal Music Group president/COO], or whoever's behind the international efforts, is doing great. It's more than appreciated and a welcome relief.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2009, 03:03:44 PM »

Irving got the album to the stores. So he's done something right. I think a summer tour would be awesome. If they tour with another band all the better. I would like to see them tour with The Killers personally

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: