Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:30:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 411036 times)
AC
Rocker

« Reply #1180 on: July 23, 2009, 02:48:34 PM »

I know going on late really lends itself to needing opening acts, but to be honest I'd LOVE "An evening with Guns N' Roses" type tour. Wouldn't it be great (assuming they could give 100% every night) if GN'R just came out and rocked through 3-3 1/2 hour sets each night? No opener, just GN'R and all their brilliant tunes, maybe some covers besides the obvious ones.

I mean the "giving it 100%" as a compliment btw. I think the type of show GN'R puts on takes a TON of effort and doing it every night for 3+ hours to their standard would be quite the tall order.

This would be great, for the few hundred folks on this board (myself included), but realistically there's not enough people out there that give two-shits about seeing this band for that period of time. Most people (casual fans) want a 2 hour show with an opener and all said and done by 10:00 PM so they can get home to their kids, a good night sleep for work the next day, etc. There were a lot of complaints about that last tour and it's late start time, even though Guns ensured appropriate transit extensions. People just aren't into concerts like this anymore, especially for a band that's not as popular as it once was. I'd prefer to have some theatre performances. IMO.

AC

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1181 on: July 23, 2009, 03:11:08 PM »

you mean people would rather see 2 hours of opening acts and breaks and 2 hours of GNR than a 3 hour GNR show?  hihi
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #1182 on: July 23, 2009, 03:11:14 PM »

I know going on late really lends itself to needing opening acts, but to be honest I'd LOVE "An evening with Guns N' Roses" type tour. Wouldn't it be great (assuming they could give 100% every night) if GN'R just came out and rocked through 3-3 1/2 hour sets each night? No opener, just GN'R and all their brilliant tunes, maybe some covers besides the obvious ones.

I mean the "giving it 100%" as a compliment btw. I think the type of show GN'R puts on takes a TON of effort and doing it every night for 3+ hours to their standard would be quite the tall order.

For 'An Evening With Guns N' Roses' I'd love to see some of the bandmembers do short solo sets...Bumblefoot and Tommy especially. Maybe an acoustic GNR set and then a main one.

It'll never happen though.

And there goes the challenger...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1183 on: July 23, 2009, 03:15:41 PM »

well there was the opening act thread somewhere...

but yeah I'd love to see cd guys (josh, bh robin paul etc) opening for GNR.  Cheesy
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #1184 on: July 23, 2009, 03:26:11 PM »

unfortunately ppb yes. maybe 2000 people would want a 3 hour set, but the other 6000-9000 people want openers...etc...etc. if i had a choice between perfect crime, or patience. i'd choose perfect crime, but i majority wants patience. kinda sucks being a devoted fan, but you gotta understand. when they do songs like down on the farm, that is for us!!!! they dont have to do that, & if they didn't nobody would even notice, but when they do, i feel like it's the band saying thank you to the devoted.  thats my take on it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1185 on: July 23, 2009, 03:38:26 PM »

band jams and solos are for me then. Cool

openers for gnr tend to get boos from the crowd so i thought otherwise.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1186 on: July 23, 2009, 03:54:02 PM »

Definitely don't NEED an opener, and plenty of people would be down for a 2 or 3 hour show with no opener (so long as tickets don't say 8pm and they go on at midnight!).  But, they need to be careful with venue size.  They'll sell out MSG, but in smaller markets they should play theatres.  Nothing wrong with playing more intimate shows, building promotion through touring.  I look at it as if they need to build the band back up again, not quite nearly from scratch per se, but definitely get word of mouth going that they're active and that the new band and new material are incredible!  Hopefully there are plans, perhaps a re-release of CD with proper promo.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1187 on: July 23, 2009, 04:15:20 PM »

Definitely don't NEED an opener, and plenty of people would be down for a 2 or 3 hour show with no opener (so long as tickets don't say 8pm and they go on at midnight!).  But, they need to be careful with venue size.  They'll sell out MSG, but in smaller markets they should play theatres.  Nothing wrong with playing more intimate shows, building promotion through touring.  I look at it as if they need to build the band back up again, not quite nearly from scratch per se, but definitely get word of mouth going that they're active and that the new band and new material are incredible!  Hopefully there are plans, perhaps a re-release of CD with proper promo.

I agree about the venue size. Someone on another board reminded me of a "theater tour" concept and that would be perfect. And with a show that long in a venue that size I believe Axl himself could really win over alot of naysayers (not that he should care to) with his contagious energy and awesome showmanship.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #1188 on: July 23, 2009, 04:18:34 PM »

Maybe they should do a Vegas residency?  Just kidding!  Your avatar of Elvis made me do it.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1189 on: July 23, 2009, 05:22:51 PM »

Maybe they should do a Vegas residency?  Just kidding!  Your avatar of Elvis made me do it.

Shit. Lord knows I wouldn't be against it! My favorite band in my favorite city? I'd take it.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #1190 on: July 23, 2009, 05:28:48 PM »

the promoters would never go for that. it would be cool, but ultimately from the money end, thats a bad investment.
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1191 on: July 23, 2009, 07:57:53 PM »

I'd be down for that actually. I'd make a point of making either multiple trips, or a long trip with multiple shows. I'm surprised more acts don't do it. Is the money that bad? Let's say they did a weeks worth a gig (probably not every night) in Vegas to kick off a small west coast tour (even theater shows that others were mentioning). I think that sounds awesome.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1192 on: July 23, 2009, 08:32:17 PM »

that would be my dream come true.   i'd go bankrupt seeing GnR every day!
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #1193 on: July 23, 2009, 09:29:02 PM »

If I were going to see GNR, i wouldn't show up till 11:00pm anyway unless Bach is opening

Bullet for Valentine or whoever else, i'd skip. of course that would be the one fuckin night GNR played at 9:00pm

yea but if u have general admision tickets, u gotta go early to get next to the stage, and u have to deal with the openings acts, whoever they are PLUS 2-3 more hours until GNR come out and play, so that means about 4 or 5 hours of torture. Ofcourse u forget about that when u see Axl screeming U KNOW WHERE THE FUCK U AAAAAAAAAAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........cough cough! ahem!..... drool
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1194 on: July 23, 2009, 10:53:02 PM »

Ax7 is an amazing band.

In a lot of ways they resemble GNR. Not only in stage presence but the break downs in some songs and melodic chorus's. If there's a GNR of today it's Ax7. They are just more on the metal roots. But other then that they are the best band 2000 on IMO.

M. Shadows is an AMAZING front man and a great singer. Watch him live, you'll see Axl all over him in stage presence inspiration. (Obviously not saying he's as good as Axl). I'd go to see Ax7 alone let along opening for GNR.

What?

Only thing they have in common with GNR is their name is the first 2 letters of Axl

If they are the GNR of today then music is even in a shittier state than I originally thought.

I think Avenged Sevenfold is the best band to come out in the last 20 years.  My top 5 bands are GNR, Metallica, Megadeth, Motley Crue and A7X in that order.  I know that sounds like an extreme statement but I guess I would have to think of them as the best band of the last 20 years if the only bands I like more than them came out more than 20 years ago, right?
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1195 on: July 23, 2009, 11:04:33 PM »

Ax7 is an amazing band.

In a lot of ways they resemble GNR. Not only in stage presence but the break downs in some songs and melodic chorus's. If there's a GNR of today it's Ax7. They are just more on the metal roots. But other then that they are the best band 2000 on IMO.

M. Shadows is an AMAZING front man and a great singer. Watch him live, you'll see Axl all over him in stage presence inspiration. (Obviously not saying he's as good as Axl). I'd go to see Ax7 alone let along opening for GNR.

What?

Only thing they have in common with GNR is their name is the first 2 letters of Axl

If they are the GNR of today then music is even in a shittier state than I originally thought.

I think Avenged Sevenfold is the best band to come out in the last 20 years.  My top 5 bands are GNR, Metallica, Megadeth, Motley Crue and A7X in that order.  I know that sounds like an extreme statement but I guess I would have to think of them as the best band of the last 20 years if the only bands I like more than them came out more than 20 years ago, right?

I agree 100%.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #1196 on: July 23, 2009, 11:19:28 PM »

Yep, Avenged is fucking great live too.... go to youtube and search Avenged Sevenfold live in the lbc.....fucking great

They would also attract a huge audience for Gn'R......and I think most of the younger A7X fans would be into Gn'R.

Axl is God.
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #1197 on: July 24, 2009, 01:27:04 AM »

you nailed it axlrosegnr. its about putting a appealing product out there. i want to see this tour be so successful. & a7x really could make that happen. & what i mean by that is ticket sales & crowd reaction. it would be awsome to hear kids blasting chinese democracy down the street. weither you like them or not. they worked there asses of to get where they are & give it their all live. imo they are one of they best bands i have heard in a long time.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1198 on: July 24, 2009, 08:36:16 PM »

We get it, you like Avenged Sevenfold.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #1199 on: July 25, 2009, 12:02:10 AM »

We get it, you like Avenged Sevenfold.

A7X