Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:53:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 124280 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #600 on: March 02, 2009, 08:14:09 PM »

Because he is the one that transferred the publishing over t Sanctuary without the other guy's knowledge.

So when they don't get their checks, and they see he has transferred the publishing, they sue to get clarification

A lot of times, people only sue to get clarification and not to be malicious or to try and do something evil.

Just like the logo. Maybe that is on Merck, but since Slash apparently owns the copyright, he has a right to sue if someone is using it without his permission or without paying him his cut.

This isn't about integrity or right or wrong, we are talking strictly business here.

Personally, I am very very very happy Axl has never whored out the GNR catalog to Car Commercials etc. The movies are getting a little ridiculous and I blame that more on Slash and Duff than I do Axl.

But, those guys do have a stake in those songs. If they want to make money selling SCOM to Last House on The Left that is their right and they should all have a say, not just one person no matter if we agree or not, that is business.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #601 on: March 02, 2009, 08:22:36 PM »

Because he is the one that transferred the publishing over t Sanctuary without the other guy's knowledge.

So when they don't get their checks, and they see he has transferred the publishing, they sue to get clarification

A lot of times, people only sue to get clarification and not to be malicious or to try and do something evil.

Just like the logo. Maybe that is on Merck, but since Slash apparently owns the copyright, he has a right to sue if someone is using it without his permission or without paying him his cut.

This isn't about integrity or right or wrong, we are talking strictly business here.

Personally, I am very very very happy Axl has never whored out the GNR catalog to Car Commercials etc. The movies are getting a little ridiculous and I blame that more on Slash and Duff than I do Axl.

But, those guys do have a stake in those songs. If they want to make money selling SCOM to Last House on The Left that is their right and they should all have a say, not just one person no matter if we agree or not, that is business.

So they think Axl hid their $20,000 under his matress and hoped no one would find out?

To a multi-millionaire like Axl, that's milk money. What does he gain from keeping their money from them?

No lawsuit is required.

All that needed to be done was for Slash and Duff to call their attorney(s), accountant(s), or both; and see why the paper trail of cash ran cold.

Jumping to baseless accusations and pulling the trigger on a frivolous lawsuit appears to have been much easier though.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #602 on: March 02, 2009, 08:26:18 PM »

Like i said though, we don't know all the facts so really I don't know enough to give hardcore evidence.

I am just saying, people, especially when they are unable to have personal contact, talk through lawyers. Sometimes suing is the only/fastest way to get clarity of a situation.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #603 on: March 02, 2009, 09:01:39 PM »

When he changed it over it was all over the press. There is no way you can say they didn't know when even WE knew.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #604 on: March 02, 2009, 09:26:24 PM »

Also, I think its BS how Jim Bob gets a way with Insulting members who are just posting. That is really uncalled for and should be reprimanded regardless of how much he is on the Axl side of the issue.

I'm not sure who I insulted, but I know I can be a dick sometimes.

This isn't the board people usually go to when they want to have an axl v slash debate.   There are sites on the internet dedicated to that very debate.   I'm past the past and want to live in the now.  I don't really give a shit about what slash is doing or vr all that much.     So when I notice posters here who have an apparent loathing for all thing GnR post-1996, I ask them what the fuck they are doing here.

This is pretty much the only GnR board I post on these days.. why?  Because I am tired of the same tired arguments from slash fans.   I have no desire to read their opinions or thoughts, they are irrelevant now to what is going on in GnR land.   So when some Axl hater/Slash troll is posting here, I'm going to be an asshole right back and make that person feel unwelcome.  I'm not calling you an Axl hater or a troll, I don't see you like that.  But I do conflict with you because you tend to hate on the guys in the band as a way to defend the former members.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:28:14 PM by Jim Bob » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #605 on: March 02, 2009, 09:52:20 PM »

Jim Bob, believe it or not, I have nothing against u at all and I guarantee we'd get a long fine in person. I don't care if u insult me either. That often happens in heated passionate debates. I don't do it because I am on the wrong side of the debate and really don't want banned or what have you.

But that one poster, I have no idea how old they are, but they just seemed to get a little attacked. younggunner and I have been on this forum a long time and can take being called cancers etc. but that one dude, I just thought it was a bit harsh.

The whole lawsuit thing, Like I said. Maybe Slash and Duff were just assholes trying to stick it to Axl. U know what, I don't know. I am just trying to throw out different scenarios as to why it may have been for an entirely different reason other than just doing it to be dicks.

Thats what I try to do on forums. I just try to lend a differing perspective to things. Just to give people a different possible way of looking at stuff. Certainly I don't feel that is being a cancer or trolling.

I think for the most part, over 30 pages or whatever, this has been heated but the mud slinging and bashing has come from your side of the fence and the Pro Axl people. *shit this sounds like one of those political threads   hihi

« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:57:07 PM by D » Logged

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #606 on: March 02, 2009, 11:33:45 PM »

When he changed it over it was all over the press. There is no way you can say they didn't know when even WE knew.

Axl was forced to back pay them.  The checks started coming again.  They claimed it as a clerical error. 
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #607 on: March 02, 2009, 11:35:39 PM »

Also, I think its BS how Jim Bob gets a way with Insulting members who are just posting. That is really uncalled for and should be reprimanded regardless of how much he is on the Axl side of the issue.

I'm not sure who I insulted, but I know I can be a dick sometimes.

This isn't the board people usually go to when they want to have an axl v slash debate.   There are sites on the internet dedicated to that very debate.   I'm past the past and want to live in the now.  I don't really give a shit about what slash is doing or vr all that much.     So when I notice posters here who have an apparent loathing for all thing GnR post-1996, I ask them what the fuck they are doing here.

This is pretty much the only GnR board I post on these days.. why?  Because I am tired of the same tired arguments from slash fans.   I have no desire to read their opinions or thoughts, they are irrelevant now to what is going on in GnR land.   So when some Axl hater/Slash troll is posting here, I'm going to be an asshole right back and make that person feel unwelcome.  I'm not calling you an Axl hater or a troll, I don't see you like that.  But I do conflict with you because you tend to hate on the guys in the band as a way to defend the former members.

Jim Bob, you worship Finck who isn't even in the band, out side of Robin, you agree with 95% of the other people  with the exception of Slash, because Robin replaced Slash.  I have never seen such a big man crush.... love rofl  kidding.
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #608 on: March 03, 2009, 12:52:15 AM »

To be honest I'm getting bored arguing with you cause it's getting neither of us anywhere and is pretty pathetic really.

Exactly. When you don't have the answers, it's pathetic and the best thing to do is to pretend nothing has happened!

Now thats not what you say here:

VR did a great show and added "Bodies" as the last song which was a nice surprise. Duff and Slash seemed to be having a great time, both were smiling a lot.

VR came on and played a great show with a nice surprise at the end. A cover of The Doors' "Five To One".

So?

What's your point?

I'll spell it out for you. At the time, that's what I though.

Then I happened to see GN'R in 2006 and the reference system kinda changed.

I realized what I had been missing all those years and all the hyped substitutes didn't matter anymore!

As I said, more of the usual personal shit from you.

The wrestling fans stick together!  yes

/jarmo

Huh? Did I miss something? What's wrong with wrestling?   Undecided

Hey Jarmo, I may have asked you before...but don't you ever get tired of the one-on-one battles with these whining babies??!

Give a whining/crying baby any attention and they will keep at it....   crying    crying    crying

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #609 on: March 03, 2009, 01:10:47 AM »

Jim Bob, you worship Finck who isn't even in the band, out side of Robin, you agree with 95% of the other people  with the exception of Slash, because Robin replaced Slash.  I have never seen such a big man crush.... love rofl  kidding.

just cuz robin is touring with NIN doesn't mean he's done with GnR forever.   

lets say robin for certain left the band and it was announced on his website that he was done with GnR forever, you wont see me trolling the gnr section trying to talk about him.   doesn't make me any less a fan of either him or GnR..
slash411
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #610 on: March 03, 2009, 02:20:38 AM »

I know I'm going to catch hell for this but....

Why does everyone just take axl's side about it?  None of you actually know what happened and, in my opinion, they're both being HUGE babies about it.  Slash did this, Axl did that... how old are these guys?  Obviously my screen name lets you know I'm a huge slash supporter but I still respect Axl a great deal.  But to discredit Slash for his work as a guitar player?  Ouch.  I hate to do it but without him its possible Axl wouldn't be where he is today.  I guess what I really want to say is it sucks that there will never be an official reunion.  And don't get angry at me for wanting to see it, there's a reason you all started coming to the Guns N' Roses website!  And its not Robin Finck and his legendary contribution to the world of rock music...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #611 on: March 03, 2009, 04:01:27 AM »

I know I'm going to catch hell for this but....

Why does everyone just take axl's side about it?  None of you actually know what happened and, in my opinion, they're both being HUGE babies about it.  Slash did this, Axl did that... how old are these guys?  Obviously my screen name lets you know I'm a huge slash supporter but I still respect Axl a great deal.  But to discredit Slash for his work as a guitar player?  Ouch.  I hate to do it but without him its possible Axl wouldn't be where he is today.  I guess what I really want to say is it sucks that there will never be an official reunion.  And don't get angry at me for wanting to see it, there's a reason you all started coming to the Guns N' Roses website!  And its not Robin Finck and his legendary contribution to the world of rock music...

Nice post.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #612 on: March 03, 2009, 04:47:01 AM »

I love this ques/answer:

Why so many guitars on 'Chinese Democracy'?
Why not?

damn right! why not indeed.  It worked well and in a live setting certainly throws the punches!

cheers del and Axl for this - i was interested in what he said of the Illusions drums too as nowadays as i listen to them, the drums seem to be the least energetic instrument on there, just seem flat in comparison to everything else, maybe its the production too.  

when you have a sub-par band, you get sub-par performances. 

not saying the band or the performances were sub-par. I fkn love the illusions and I dont think any instrument or player sounds sub-par in the slightest apart from the drums.  They just don't have the same ooomph or swing as the songs deserve - but as I said before that could be how they were mixed.  I found it interesting that Axl pointed that out the drums on those albums as well.  I'd love to hear Brain or Frank tackle Locomotive for example!

His comments on Slash's recent guitar playing are fair enough - it's his opinion.  Whilst I have enjoyed seeing VR live and liked contraband - there are only a couple of tracks that I think Slash is stand-out on, and apart from the Hey Joe cover he played live a few years back - his playing hasnt been as memorable in recent years.  sad but true.

Must be sad for Axl and indeed all of them to see Steven in such a state and on a reality show - it is amazing they have all survived what they came from/went through - but steven is still a mess who doesnt mind/care about living it out in public.

Again though - cool to read a Del interview with Axl  beer

The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #613 on: March 03, 2009, 05:27:33 AM »

there's a reason you all started coming to the Guns N' Roses website!  And its not Robin Finck and his legendary contribution to the world of rock music...

Well, for me, that's more or less the reason...I didn't have any interest in GnR before the 06 tour and before listening to the new material. I'm probably not the only one who started listening to GnR because of Chinese Democracy ( not that I didn't know the classic songs before, I just didn't care about them ).
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #614 on: March 03, 2009, 05:43:56 AM »

i think he was referring to the majority though...

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #615 on: March 03, 2009, 07:39:04 AM »

as you have done with everyone else who thought Axl saying "Cancer" was too far.

Makes me wonder what these people think about One in a million, Back of Bitch, Shotgun Blues etc... hihi

Double standard here?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #616 on: March 03, 2009, 07:55:53 AM »

I guess cancer is just a touchy subject for some.  Tongue

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #617 on: March 03, 2009, 08:00:38 AM »

Like i said though, we don't know all the facts so really I don't know enough to give hardcore evidence.

I am just saying, people, especially when they are unable to have personal contact, talk through lawyers. Sometimes suing is the only/fastest way to get clarity of a situation.

Here's what we know:

Axl changed who administered HIS piece of the publishing rights.  FYI, he's under absolutely NO onus to officially notify anyone in the old partnership when he does that...it has nothing to do with them.  In this case, it lit off a clerical fuck up on the part of tASCAP, but.....that's not Axl's fault, nor is it his responsibility to correct it.  All he (or his representation) is required to do is make good and alert  ASCAP of the mistake.

ASCAP screwed up and sent the royalties for the other members to Sanctuary.

Who immediately noticed the fuck up and sent the checks back and notified the RIAA about what had happened.

ASCAP sat on the money and did nothing.

We KNOW that because that's what the court documents associated with the lawsuit say.  There's a TON of more than adequate documentation to that effect.

So, in other words, had the attorney's for Slash and Duff simply contacted Sanctuary's legal firm and asked the question, rather than immediately filing suit, they would have had their answer in a much less litigious, much less contentious, and probably far faster, manner.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 08:08:26 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Uber-Tech
Opening Act

« Reply #618 on: March 03, 2009, 08:06:35 AM »

His comments on Slash's recent guitar playing are fair enough - it's his opinion.  Whilst I have enjoyed seeing VR live and liked contraband - there are only a couple of tracks that I think Slash is stand-out on, and apart from the Hey Joe cover he played live a few years back - his playing hasnt been as memorable in recent years.  sad but true.

I agree.  I have nothing against the VR albums, but I also agree that his work on both Contraband and Libertad is not of the same calibre as that of his earlier work.  It must also be pointed out that, while Slash appears in many of the countdowns of various rock legends and guitar hero type charts etc, it is always a Guns song they use to illustrate the fact. 

« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 08:13:01 AM by Uber-Tech » Logged

If you don't believe in yourself, don't expect others to.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #619 on: March 03, 2009, 08:14:12 AM »

Axl was forced to back pay them.  The checks started coming again.  They claimed it as a clerical error. 

Actually, it was the RIAA who was forced to back pay them....not Axl.

They just divied up the royalties correctly and sent checks.

At least, that's how I remember the ending of the case....can someone point me in the direction showing otherwise?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: