Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:37:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 124957 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #420 on: March 01, 2009, 12:58:29 PM »

Jarmo, in your life, has Axl Rose ever "rubbed" you the wrong way?  And I don't want to hear, "I love Axl for Axl", or "he just speaks his mind", yada, yada, yada... Have you ever been objective and said, "hmmm, not sure what Axl is trying to say there", or "That doesn't really make sense, I call BS".  I am not challenging your fanhood, just curious if all that Axl does is justifiable because he is "AXL FUCKING ROSE", or do you too find some of his actions questionable.  I know everyone makes mistakes, everyone has bad days.. What mistakes or bad days do you think Axl may have had in YOUR eyes.  Is there a single moment you can mention?

It always comes to this with the Slash fans.... You want me to list Axl's mistakes to prove to yourselves that I'm such a big ass kisser because I won't play your game!

Go ahead, see if I fucking care!

The difference is that, yes he's Axl Rose, but I know that he's a human being just like the rest of us. He happens to be very talented, but still a human being.

That kinda helps one understand things.

If something doesn't make sense to me, I either try to understand it or I know for a fact that it makes no sense to me because I'm not Axl Rose!

Each one of us makes decisions based on what we know, think and how we feel etc. I bet the same goes for Axl.

The only difference is that none of us live the life he lives, so understanding how he makes his decisions isn't as easy. How many of us can relate to the life he lives?

Do you often stand in front of thousands of people while putting everything you got into it? Do you put personal things out there for everybody to analyze and judge? Are you pretty much in charge of an international brand?

In my opinion, pointing fingers and "calling bs" when you don't know the reason(s) makes one look like an ignorant fool.

Some are happy to be that ignorant fool. I try not to be.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #421 on: March 01, 2009, 12:59:51 PM »

Of course you don't, it was a few months ago.

Do you want me to quote the PM?

It's from one of those multiple messages you sent me asking me to let you back in. Which is something you kinda deny doing.

For some reason your tone isn't as "tough" in those messages.  

When have I denied writing you multiple messages? Since you always bring nonsense like this into these threads Ill tell all that care(nobody)...

ladies and gents....from time to time Jarmo bans me because I would talk about leaks, make "insulting" comments, or because of some other god knows what "anti" gnr statements I have made. Im not sure how many times Ive been banned but I believe its <5. Being that I ultimately rather post here than anywhere else, I do what anyone who wants to be considered for reinstatement would do.....pm the king....So I discuss with the king the commenst that were made. Ask for his forgiveness and to his credit he lets me back(maybe because in reality my comments arent that absurd?) ....and to my credit I havnt broken any of his rules since he let me back..which was I believe the summer

what Yarmo always fails to mention is the countless Aim arguments we would have in which I would have the same tone on there as I do on here.
So yes Yarmo, I came to you and asked for forgiveness.

Being that Yarmo always hangs this over my head in almost every thread I am assuming you all care about it. So if your pissed Im still posting here....blame Canada Yarmo

It always comes to this with the Slash fans.... You want me to list Axl's mistakes to prove to yourselves that I'm such a big ass kisser because I won't play your game!

Go ahead, see if I fucking care!

The difference is that, yes he's Axl Rose, but I know that he's a human being just like the rest of us. He happens to be very talented, but still a human being.

That kinda helps one understand things.

If something doesn't make sense to me, I either try to understand it or I know for a fact that it makes no sense to me because I'm not Axl Rose!

Each one of us makes decisions based on what we know, think and how we feel etc. I bet the same goes for Axl.

The only difference is that none of us live the life he lives, so understanding how he makes his decisions isn't as easy. How many of us can relate to the life he lives?

Do you often stand in front of thousands of people while putting everything you got into it? Do you put personal things out there for everybody to analyze and judge? Are you pretty much in charge of an international brand?

In my opinion, pointing fingers and "calling bs" when you don't know the reason(s) makes one look like an ignorant fool.

Some are happy to be that ignorant fool. I try not to be.

your "answer" to smoking guns million dollar question would be legit f you applied that same post to Slash and the others when analyzing their comemnts and actions. Your answer only applies to when your talking about Axl.

n my opinion, pointing fingers and "calling bs" when you don't know the reason(s) makes one look like an ignorant fool.

rofl rofl
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 01:08:58 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #422 on: March 01, 2009, 01:08:01 PM »

ladies and gents....from time to time Jarmo bans me because I would talk about leaks, make "insulting" comments, or because of some other god knows what "anti" gnr statements I have made.

Breaking the rules.

Trying to be a smart ass is another....

Knowing damn well what you did was wrong, but still doing it.

what Yarmo always fails to mention is the countless Aim arguments we would have in which I would have the same tone on there as I do on here.

You also fail to mention how you didn't like when I stopped wasting my time with you. Smiley

Being that Yarmo always hangs this over my head in almost every thread I am assuming you all care about it. So if your pissed Im still posting here....blame Canada Yarmo

You're so two-faced it's actually funny.

Even in this thread your opinion has changed within a few hours.

When it's pointed out to you, you ignore it and try to act like nothing happened.

Keep it up with the condescending tone. It really suits you.

The same people who keep posting shit like "what makes you think you can decide who's a fan" or "you're not in the band". Seems they have some kind of bug up their asses because I never claimed to speak on behalf of anybody else than myself.

This is the same guy who seems to be upset because he can't get to decide how I run my site.

It makes you look classy when you can't even spell my first name right. It's five letters. Even the Swedes can get it right.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 01:13:02 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #423 on: March 01, 2009, 01:11:53 PM »

t makes you look classy when you can't even spell my first name right. It's five letters. Even the Swedes can get it right.
Im typing it the way its pronounced or atleast the way I heard Axl pronounce it.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #424 on: March 01, 2009, 01:15:24 PM »

t makes you look classy when you can't even spell my first name right. It's five letters. Even the Swedes can get it right.
Im typing it the way its pronounced or atleast the way I heard Axl pronounce it.

So if Jim Bob pronounces your name as miserable, it's ok for me to call you that?

Huh  hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 01:20:34 PM by jarmo » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #425 on: March 01, 2009, 01:17:34 PM »

So if Jim Bob pronounces your name as miserable, it's ok for me to call you that?

Yes!!! When will you realize that I am not offended by insults on a forum? I only point them out because its a double standard.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #426 on: March 01, 2009, 01:21:31 PM »

Yes!!! When will you realize that I am not offended by insults on a forum? I only point them out because its a double standard.

I think you need to be a bit more consistent before I believe that.

Since when do you spell out things like they're pronounced anyway?  Huh

/jarmo

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #427 on: March 01, 2009, 01:22:35 PM »

Even the Swedes can get it right.

only because of the way J is prounouced in Sweden, we wouldn't have any idea otherwise hihi
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #428 on: March 01, 2009, 01:23:20 PM »

I just don't see why younggunner feels the need to be a naysayer in every thread that goes past 5 pages.  

Nothing wrong with different opinions or opposing views, but I think some people come here to stir shit just for shits and giggles.    Its like he wants to be the odd man out.
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #429 on: March 01, 2009, 01:23:37 PM »

this yarmo character is pretty brave via the web. i would like to see how he would act in the real fucking world , talking to people face to face! you are not the be it all, end all of gnr fans...not even close.....but you preach and rule this site like you do. well, let me tell you, you are not, big fella. you are a nerd with a computer, nothing more and if someone says something you dont like or agree with, you ban them, harass the, or do not directly respond to their comments/questions. that my friend sounds like a coward to me....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #430 on: March 01, 2009, 01:24:30 PM »

Even the Swedes can get it right.

only because of the way J is prounouced in Sweden, we wouldn't have any idea otherwise hihi

That's true!  hihi

/jarmo

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #431 on: March 01, 2009, 01:33:09 PM »

this yarmo character is pretty brave via the web. i would like to see how he would act in the real fucking world , talking to people face to face! you are not the be it all, end all of gnr fans...not even close.....but you preach and rule this site like you do. well, let me tell you, you are not, big fella. you are a nerd with a computer, nothing more and if someone says something you dont like or agree with, you ban them, harass the, or do not directly respond to their comments/questions. that my friend sounds like a coward to me....

Well, no matter what, he probably is more informed than many of us and, afterall, he does run this site so I guess that means he does make the rules. 
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #432 on: March 01, 2009, 01:34:08 PM »

I just don't see why younggunner feels the need to be a naysayer in every thread that goes past 5 pages.  

Nothing wrong with different opinions or opposing views, but I think some people come here to stir shit just for shits and giggles.    Its like he wants to be the odd man out.
If there is nothing wrong with different opinions or opposing views then what is the problem?

I do not come here to start shit for the heck of it. Do I act or conduct myself like some of the "haters" do on mygnr? Do I attack Axl personally(his looks, etc) Do I attack Beta, etc?

I come here as a huge Axl and GNR fan. I come here to talk about that. Its no different than me supporting or ragging on my sports teams. I agree, I disagree....but regardless....I love them love love johan nervous

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 01:37:16 PM by younggunner » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #433 on: March 01, 2009, 01:37:07 PM »

If there is nothing wrong with different opinions or opposing views then what is the problem?

I do not come here to start shit for the heck of it. Do I act or conduct myself like some of the "haters" do on mygnr? Do I attack Axl personally(his looks, etc) Do I attack Beta, etc?

you dwell on the negative.    if you disagree with something, you don't jus say it and move on.. you will spend pages assuming the worst and telling Axl what he needs to do, pointing out everything he does wrong in your eyes.  And he can't win with you, no matter what he says or does.

no you aren't on the level that you see typical on mygnr.    but you seem to like focusing on the stuff that divides us rather than unites us all as GnR fans.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #434 on: March 01, 2009, 01:41:16 PM »

you dwell on the negative.    if you disagree with something, you don't jus say it and move on.. you will spend pages assuming the worst and telling Axl what he needs to do.

no you aren't on the level that you see typical on mygnr.    but you seem to like focusing on the stuff that divides us rather than unites us all as GnR fans.
Because in this format when we all say something, others use the quote function and challenge what you just said. Isnt this how this works? I do it, you do it, we all do it.....as a result it turns into a discussion

What are we discussing? the topic.....who brought up the topic? generally Axl

case in point this thread.

Axl gave an interview. He has decided to continue to tell his story about Slash and the old band....As a result people are going to discuss what he said....being that it is such a heated topic its going to get lengthy discussion....

how can you expect fans to unite when Axl is discussing a topic that has the potential and is dividing the fan base?

This is going to sound crazy but I can make the argument that Axl is better off coming here than consulting with the people he consults with. Assuming of course there is no internal debate. Atleast here he can see many different viewpoints before making a decision. If hes only hearing one viewpoint that isnt always the best either....
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 01:45:21 PM by younggunner » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #435 on: March 01, 2009, 01:43:49 PM »

Enough with the lies.

People get banned because they insult other posters, start shit, come here with personal agendas etc.

You pretty much qualify for all of the above.

Your obsession with me is special. Some would say creepy.

Steven, how many times did you get banned because of your obsession with me? You can say you don't care about me, but your posts say otherwise.

How many posts of yours in this thread are about the subject and how many are about me? How many of your total posts are aimed at me? How often do you post in a thread, only quoting my post to say that I'm wrong and not really adding anything else to the discussion?

You stalk me around on here replying to as many of my posts as you can pointing out how I know nothing, how I don't speak on behalf of the band, how I don't decide who's a fan etc.

All this from a person who says he doesn't care about me.

I'm glad you care so little about me that you had to run to Younggunner's defense in order to once again attack me.

Yes, it's true, I don't reply to your messages anymore. I admit that.

I'm the coward? Who's the one hiding behind a new user name posting insult after another aimed at me for instant self-gratification?

With that said, I'm not gonna replay to any more of your posts. I hope you get the fucking clue already.

Obviously the fact that I've ignored all your previous messages didn't get the message through.

Now, you can tell yourself that the next time you get yourself banned from here is because I don't agree with you.

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #436 on: March 01, 2009, 01:51:43 PM »

how can you expect fans to unite when Axl is discussing a topic that has the potential and is dividing the fan base?
most the folks who side with slash have already given up on GNR a long time ago.  Theres no reason that Axl speaking on this now should be causing us to divide.

This is going to sound crazy but I can make the argument that Axl is better off coming here than consulting with the people he consults with. Assuming of course there is no internal debate. Atleast here he can see many different viewpoints before making a decision. If hes only hearing one viewpoint that isnt always the best either....
Thats the thing.. maybe Axl doesn't care what others think?   Especailly if they get all offended that he isn't Slash's biggest fan.  And thats exactly what this is about to the people who are upset by this interview. 

You keep assuming you know whats best for him but you don't know him personally nor do we know his intentions.  Who is he consulting with anyways?  I have no idea how Axl Rose makes his decisions.   All we can say is he's been silent on this issue for the most part while others ran their mouths.   In the last couple months he has been talking more about his side of things.   
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #437 on: March 01, 2009, 01:56:23 PM »

its just about the facts, man. not about personal agendas, ego trips, etc. but with you, responding the way you do, it seems to many that for you that is all that it is about. if you were a man, you would allow others to disagree with your views. its really that simple. you bring up non sense and circular arguments that go nowhere except to your head. let people speak their minds, even if they do not agree with the high holy one...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #438 on: March 01, 2009, 01:58:34 PM »

let people speak their minds, even if they do not agree with the high holy one...

i dont think its about not letting people speak their minds.

Its about the reason we are here - suppoting the band as fans.  When you allow 100% unrestricted anything goes, thats when the haters find their way here and then every single thread becomes slash/vr/reunion/blame axl bullshit.   Go look at any other GnR board and you'll see what I'm saying.

Who wants the same tired shit in every thread.
Padmasana
Headliner

King of Beers

« Reply #439 on: March 01, 2009, 01:59:44 PM »

Aside from all the assorted weirdness on this board and in the interview, I guess I just felt sad, more than anything.

Funny how everything was Roses when we held onto the Guns...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: