Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:20:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 124933 times)
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #260 on: February 28, 2009, 02:40:55 AM »

Damn. Just reading the interview and this thread has already stressed me out.

I think Axl and Slash just need to hug it out. Put them in a room together with some cameras and you have the most dramatic reality show of all time. (I'm sure Slash would be up for it! LOL.)

This is definitely the harshest I've seen Axl toward Slash. I was a bit surprised at his comments, but I think a lot of it has to do with Axl wanting to bury the reunion rumor once and for all. I'm also sad to say that I agree with what Axl says about Slash.

I mean, I love Slash. I always will just because of the great guitarwork he gave us in GNR. And as for this whole "media whore" thing, I got no problem with Slash making appearances and selling books and doing commercials and video games and all that. And as for him performing with so many artists, especially people like Fergie, well, if he likes her music, cool, perform with her . . . But I just have a hard time imagining Slash digging tracks like "My Humps" and "Fergalicious." The thing that pisses me off about Slash is that he doesn't seem to care about the music anymore. If he was doing all the "media" stuff and still coming up with kickass guitar solos, it'd be fine. But he's out there doing countdown shows on VH1 while putting out lazy, uninspired albums like Libertad. That's why a lot of us are angry at Slash.

Yeah, Axl takes a long ass time to make an album, but he puts his heart and his soul into it. I can understand if people don't like Chinese Democracy (actually, I can't, but everyone has different taste), but there's no way you can deny that Axl cares about his craft. He looks at music as art, not as a paycheck. He wants to maintain his integrity and release music he's proud of. I don't get that feeling from Slash. I listen to the VR albums and I can't believe that he's the same guy that played on "SCOM" and "November Rain" and "Estranged." As Axl said, where did it go?

Slash is uber-talented, but since leaving GNR he seems to be more about making money than about creating great art.

Here Today . . .
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #261 on: February 28, 2009, 02:43:32 AM »

Listening to Chinese Democracy right now.   Smoking a fat joint.

I really want to hear that Robin solo Axl was hyping up  Grin
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #262 on: February 28, 2009, 02:59:56 AM »

One thing that irks me is that people say move on, now for AXl cause they aren't happy with what he says recently.. and I think to myself.. growing up always sucking up the shit from people , taking abuse and blowing it off cause I know that if I keep moving on and doing what I feel right for myself , that despite that I should just stay silent . I just don't subscribe to that , its not as like I didn't get past it, and succeeded, its the fact that when people decide NO you cant say that you should just bury it never speak.. fuck that, these things come in degrees, and the higher profile you are looked at in a public forum the harsher the critics are to say shut up. WHY?  Its a bit liberating to say the things you held inside , when you feel its right for you to do so. And I know me I take shit, stay silent move on, and sometimes I feel ok now is the time to speak up and squash whatever people thought before cause , the games are over ..and there is nothing wrong with doing so. Friendships end , partnerships end. and some go on the offense , very early , and in turn really destroy any shred of repair.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #263 on: February 28, 2009, 03:32:47 AM »

if you don't like guns n roses in its current form but like it in its past form, then you are a fan of what Guns N' Roses was.. not what it is.   Its pretty simple.   Its just calling it what it is.

What does it matter?  One can't be a fan unless they like GnR in it's current form?  Even Axl couldn't give an answer to what the current form is.  I'm not talking trash by saying that, I'm just saying that I'm tired of the sentiment around here that you can't be a fan unless you like the band for what it is now.  It doesn't matter.  Like I said, GnR encompasses a lot of things through the years, and to say that one can't be here unless they like the band in it's current form and totally support Axl (or Slash for that matter) in all he says, is a bunch of BS.  It is what it is.     
Lourenco
Rocker

lourencovc.com

« Reply #264 on: February 28, 2009, 04:05:38 AM »

Couldn't agree more about everything you wrote. Took the words right out of my mouth!  ok

Well, for me, i don't really get it how neither Axl nor Slash seem to take responsibility for their actions. Slash is too busy trying to be portrayed as the victim and nice guy, while axl just loves to give hell to everyone and say how he never did anything wrong and everyone was just out to get him, which may be true regarding some aspects, but in others he just sounds like a mad man ranting in the rain. and i'm just calling it as i see it.

I don't really trust one or another. first of all because everyone lies to save their ass, and it amuses me to see how some people in here just takes sides based on what either slash or axl recollects from the breaking of the band or their continued battles. it's just non sense. To put aside rational thinking and trusting someone else's version of events is just silly and makes me laugh or think you guys are "cucu" and are taking this a little too far.

the way i see it, axl came off harsh, because, if i read correctly he tried to bring slash down on his playing, and slash may be a lot of things, but he's a damn guitar legend for sure. you can't take anything from him, even if you don't appreciate his last projects. because, all things considered, the same thing could be told about axl, a lot of people hate him for his change in musical style, however i still see him for what he is, a great performer, even with all his faults.

i find it ridiculous that many can't really see the difference between liking the music and liking the musician himself. i love gn'r, old and current version, but i don't really know them, the only three people that seem, from interview,s i could be friends with are duff, bumble and Robin, and that's just based on how they come off, but that's just a big assumption on my part and i take it for what it is. All the others i can't really tell. but i don't make an effort to try to take sides or like someone else's view on the world or people. We are music fans, we like the music. these things are the ugly part of music.

i loved reading Axl's take on all of it, and it's his side and it's a valid point of view. but at the end of the day, i couldn't care less. i like the current gn'r and i like the music and that's all that matters.

if  i could or should make a remark about his interview, i'd only ask him to spend more time talking about his current band members, the process of recording, how they get along, how it's like to share the studio with them and letting them do interviews as well, because the past is buried and it's gonna be that way, but the current incarnation of GN'R needs more press and attention. they don't even have a video for god's sake.

But i do get why this is so important for axl, he did keep himself quite for so many years, it's his turn to speak.

but let's not forget, for anyone to try to really say what happened between Axl and Slash and who's wrong or Right, is just crazy. it strictly depends on who you believe, but given the fact that they're both trying to save their asses in the press, i 'm not gonna take any sides cuz none of this is objective, nor relevant.

the cool part of the interview for me was Robin has an interest to tour with them and he has a solo that sounds like SRV, now that's something i like to hear.

hopefully we'll see them tour this summer and many of us htgth members will meet again and enjoy the great time it was back in 2006 in europe.

Cheers
badobsession_r21
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #265 on: February 28, 2009, 04:36:54 AM »

i love that Axl doesnt hold back anymore. its been 14 years of silence and verbal abuse by Slash, Duff and even Matt Sorum for Christ's sake. it was about time he exploded.

athens 24-5-1993
dublin 9-6-2006
athens 10-7-2006
rome 4-9-2010
arnhem 3-10-2010
sofia 8-7-2012
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #266 on: February 28, 2009, 04:44:58 AM »

i totally agree that Slash is a media whore ive been saying it for years. People take the piss out of Axl for being the big rockstar but he aint been seen hardly for years. I remember watching Slash on Letterman doing cmon cmon do the locomotion with Carole King ha ha , i dont think you would catch Axl doing that, i fucking hope not
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #267 on: February 28, 2009, 05:29:24 AM »

As always I love what Axl has to say. The guy speaks the truth and thats what ends up pissing people off.
Most of the time the truth hurts so people tend to ignore it. You can ignore it but that doesn't make it go away. As a gnr fan we look high and low for any info. We probably go to the wrong places but its nice to see in the end Axl is here to set it straight.
Thanks man.
peace out
By the way I posted this at another board but I'll post it here too. As a woman may I just say I wish more men had Ball's like Axls!
Everyone thinks he speaks the absolute truth (atleast here) and that pisses people off.

Yeah, the truth hurts, on both sides.

I am not saying I believe everything Axl says but even people that no longer speak to him say he is very honest. I'll take their word for it. At least Axl can speak with half a brain. Not sure others can.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #268 on: February 28, 2009, 05:32:00 AM »

maybe Axl was having a bad day

maybe Axl is just sick and tired of all those GNR "fans" that won't accept that there will NEVER be a reunion

maybe Axl hopes that if he says straight out, plain and simple, that "one will die before a reunion would happen" and "he's a cancer" that people will FINALLY STOP spinning that into somehow he's leaving the door open

Amen. Sorry for the double post. I missed this.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
waxlrick
« Reply #269 on: February 28, 2009, 06:32:47 AM »

After all these years, Axl speaks........and deflects all blame to everybody else.

The more I read of his RARE interviews, the more respect I lose for him. Up til recently I was pro Axl all-the-way (as you can see from my sign on name). But the more he speaks, the more I struggle with his persistance in calling this project GNR. I have finally woken up! And I am embarrassed that it's taken me this long.

gonella
Opening Act

Wake up.... Try..... And Dieeeeeeeeee

« Reply #270 on: February 28, 2009, 06:37:52 AM »

I really don't understand why Axl is beating so much in Slash. Slash stopped to speak bad thing about him in end of 90'.  It seens some kind of revenge..

Its too much easy Axl speak good things about the NEW members, saying that they have a good relationship. But It's so easy to understand the reason, the new members do not have a personality, they rarely express themseff in public, there is few interviews of them.. or talking about the chinese democracy, when they talked, they talked about abstract things of the album just to avoid conflict with Axl.

In this way eveybody is friendly. Smiley)SmileySmiley  

waxlrick
« Reply #271 on: February 28, 2009, 07:04:44 AM »

I really don't understand why Axl is beating so much in Slash. Slash stopped to speak bad thing about him in end of 90'.  It seens some kind of revenge..

Its too much easy Axl speak good things about the NEW members, saying that they have a good relationship. But It's so easy to understand the reason, the new members do not have a personality, they rarely express themseff in public, there is few interviews of them.. or talking about the chinese democracy, when they talked, they talked about abstract things of the album just to avoid conflict with Axl.

Exactly! If the new GNR members are such an improvement, then why the fuck can't Axl confidently state who is, infact, in the band at this time?Huh? What a fuckin joke!
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #272 on: February 28, 2009, 07:18:37 AM »

I just find it a bit funny that Slash has moved on in the press, answers questions about Axl tactfully and respectfully, and now Axl appears in the press again throwing shit. So much for being 'the stronger'.
I mean, he wants to move away from the old band- why bring them up at all, much less make statements like calling Slash a cancer. Now all the news is about 'Axl calls Slash a cancer' instead of anything about the new album or band. Kind of shooting himself in the foot, and with all the negitivity he spewed it's just makeing him look like the 'grumpy old recluse' the general public think of him.
gonella
Opening Act

Wake up.... Try..... And Dieeeeeeeeee

« Reply #273 on: February 28, 2009, 07:28:51 AM »

Exactly! If the new GNR members are such an improvement, then why the fuck can't Axl confidently state who is, infact, in the band at this time?Huh? What a fuckin joke!

The Axl' problem is accecpt the differences between the members. Someone should ask him about "how part you are responsible for the break?", because in his mind the problems are from the old members.

Del James if you are reading this enjoy it to ask. SmileySmiley

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #274 on: February 28, 2009, 07:43:45 AM »

^ Ha! Slash wasn't so "tactfully and respectfully" when he said in 2006 how the new album only had a couple of vocals recorded - and he knew it by fact! Neither when he lies about not being at Axl's house bitching about VR people. Neither when he's always trying to be this "nice guy" but always spitting some venon here and there. So, when Axl is honest about his feelings (and not trying to be this "nice guy" saying nice things about something his dislikes), he's "throwing shit".

Wonder if you have to be always this fake and two faces asshole in the media for people to take you as a nice guy. Maybe that's why Axl is always getting shit for those so called fans... He's not trying to please you - unlike Slash. So sorry.

if you don't like guns n roses in its current form but like it in its past form, then you are a fan of what Guns N' Roses was.. not what it is.   Its pretty simple.   Its just calling it what it is.

What does it matter?  One can't be a fan unless they like GnR in it's current form?  Even Axl couldn't give an answer to what the current form is.  I'm not talking trash by saying that, I'm just saying that I'm tired of the sentiment around here that you can't be a fan unless you like the band for what it is now.  It doesn't matter.
Funny, because there is this section called Dead Horse and the one dedicated to the old band. Still, you're on the NEWS section, dedicated to talk about CURRENT stuff. How can someone who tends foward to the old guys insist to post the same shit here?

See, that's what Jim Bob was trying to say IMO. It's fine if you like the old guys (more), but don't expect to not having it back when people post here over and over how Axl is the bad guy and bla bla bla.

I'm not into what Slash is doing right now (or even in the VR). Do you see me spamming angry shit in a VR board?

I just don't subscribe to that , its not as like I didn't get past it, and succeeded, its the fact that when people decide NO you cant say that you should just bury it never speak.. fuck that, these things come in degrees, and the higher profile you are looked at in a public forum the harsher the critics are to say shut up. WHY?  Its a bit liberating to say the things you held inside , when you feel its right for you to do so. And I know me I take shit, stay silent move on, and sometimes I feel ok now is the time to speak up and squash whatever people thought before cause , the games are over ..and there is nothing wrong with doing so. Friendships end , partnerships end. and some go on the offense , very early , and in turn really destroy any shred of repair.
For sure, my friend. I have the same feeling. I knew a guy who wanted to stalk me and kille me (for real). I found out he commited suicide last year and friends in common were all "oh, he was a nice guy, we should respect this moment" and I said "FUCK THAT, he tried everything as possible to make my life a nightmare, he deserved it and I hope he's burning right now". And you know what? People got offended by my words.

I guess it's cool as long it's not with you. That's why I tottally respect any angry or bitterness Axl may have - nobody knows what he had to go through and still are blaming him for finally being able to talk about that without having to answer that old question "when the album is coming out?".

You're so full of shit you don't even know what you're talking about. Is it "personality" to have a band, wish to get back to your old one and talking shit about everyone?

Obviously he wouldn't talk shit about the CURRENT members - if they are still in the loop, it's why they don't problems with him. Still, Axl didn't seem too happy about Robin's choices, did he?

waxlrick
« Reply #275 on: February 28, 2009, 07:45:24 AM »

But they still won't report on CD.  The headlines will be "Axl calls Slash a cancer."  

That's true.

Doesn't that prove the fact that Axl doesn't play the same game everybody else does?

Which is what makes him so great.

On the other hand, those headlines should stop all the morons in the media writing headlines about a GN'R reunion based on quotes such as "never say never" (or whatever he said) from Duff etc.

So, you see, things aren't always that simple...

If you can get the reunion bullshit to disappear, then you can get down to the real thing and focus on just the present.

/jarmo

It's time for you and others to take off your blinkers!

Axl is a great and completely unique singer/song writer and performer. But please allow yourself and others to be objective. It may be possible that all the rumours are true and the Axl Rose may just be, a complete and utter nutbag!

Just clarify for us, what is the focus at present? Because I can't see any evidence of activity in the New GNR camp since the album was released? With the wrong insert booklet and one incorrect song version which, again, was somebody else's fault.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 07:54:18 AM by waxlrick » Logged
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #276 on: February 28, 2009, 07:49:28 AM »

My problem with a few people on this and other message boards is that before Axl spook they respected Slash and in some cases idolised him. But not he is the son of satan and they never liked. That kind of behaviour annoys me both in the real world and on the INTERNET.
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #277 on: February 28, 2009, 07:53:12 AM »

I give Del credit. he asked some good questions.

Credit for asking the same questions that some1 asked hundred times bfore?

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #278 on: February 28, 2009, 08:07:48 AM »

But they still won't report on CD.  The headlines will be "Axl calls Slash a cancer."  

That's true.

Doesn't that prove the fact that Axl doesn't play the same game everybody else does?

On the other hand, those headlines should stop all the morons in the media writing headlines about a GN'R reunion based on quotes such as "never say never" (or whatever he said) from Duff etc.

If you can get the reunion bullshit to disappear, then you can get down to the real thing and focus on just the present.

/jarmo

Axl is a great and completely unique singer/song writer and performer. But please allow yourself and others to be objective. It may be possible that all the rumours are true and the Axl Rose may just be, a complete and utter nutbag!

Just clarify for us, what is the focus at present? Because I can't see any evidence of activity in the New GNR camp since the album was released? With the wrong insert booklet and one incorrect song version which, again, was somebody else's fault.

whixh song was it that was the incorrect version???

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
waxlrick
« Reply #279 on: February 28, 2009, 08:17:09 AM »

That's true.

/jarmo

whixh song was it that was the incorrect version???

You'll have to ask Axl that. I am pretty sure he mentioned this issue in either the Billboard interview or the post on the fan blog.  Without naming the exact track there. I couldn't be fucked searching for it myself but it was in the paragraph where he say's "business as usual" in regard to the music industry pressing CD's e.t.c
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: