Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 06:04:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 125064 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2009, 12:15:25 AM »

The more I read the past couple of interviews, I just don't think it is healthy for Axl to have this kind of animosity on his chest. He needs to find a way to get over the past cause he seems consumed by it in a lot of ways.

If he wants to repair whatever damage has been done to his reputation, there are a whole lot better ways than these tirade interviews.

I still would love to know exactly what it was Slash did cause from interviews I've read, Izzy and everybody else has been just as negative.

What bothers me is, Slash in 2009 isn't necessarily the Slash from 1996 or even 2004.

He has apologized many times in the press and has taken fault for a lot of his mistakes.

Axl doesn't have to reunite with him, but forgive and move on.

If he thinks it was SLash's "Lies" that damaged his rep... I'd say his rep was damaged WAY before that.

What makes you think you have any idea what he has had to deal with?

If you don't have any idea about it, what makes you think you have the "solution"?

Maybe it's just not as simple as reading a few interviews with lies?

Maybe something a person said in 1996 comes back to haunt you in 2006? How would you feel if you had shit thrown at you for years?

Maybe you have a bunch of so called fans against you because of all the shit that has been said about you for years?

/jarmo

No, we don't know what he's gone through or is going through.  But to refer to someone as "a cancer" is sad.  I also think it's sad that anyone would continue to hold grudges for 20 yrs and not seek some type of peace and forgiveness.    
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2009, 12:16:13 AM »

I have never said it is all his fault, I have been on his side about a lot of stuff but I definitely know he isn't innocent and some great amazing angel of a person who everyone tries to bring down and destroy.

He took responsibility for not being able to make a better UYI album. He didn't take any when it comes to fractured relationships and all that stuff. Riots etc etc etc

the point isn't who is right or wrong.

what I am saying is, he needs to let go of all that hostility.  Cause in the end, he is only hurting himself.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 12:20:04 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2009, 12:16:37 AM »

Roll Eyes Man it wasn't so long ago people missed Axl rants...  hihi Guess so long as it doesn't rub them the wrong way drool,,,, oh well get over it.  beer

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2009, 12:19:38 AM »

Roll Eyes Man it wasn't so long ago people missed Axl rants...  hihi Guess so long as it doesn't rub them the wrong way drool,,,, oh well get over it.  beer

no no, I love his rants, but I don't like this one in particular.  Demeaning a guy's playing which is ridiculous and then seemingly talking shit about his own previous works that are amazing whether or not he thinks so.

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2009, 12:19:56 AM »

There comes a time u have to just sweep the shit under the rug and move on with your life. Life is too short to be consumed with bitterness and hatred.

If Axl is 100 percent right, he is still letting those people win by allowing them to get under his skin like that. His last two interviews, he has sounded very upset etc and no person should carry that much around on their chest.

what's done is done, he can give 2 thousand more interviews, it won't change a thing. It also isn't like whatever Slash said is the reason he gets hated on etc so much.

That is most of my problem with this. no accountability whatsoever.

Like it was the people in Vancouver's fault, the guy in ST Louis' fault, the sound system in Montreal's fault, Philly's fault

It was bucket's fault a tour got canceled, its Baz' fault people think there are more albums, it's Slash's fault the old band broke up, its always somebody else.

When Izzy leaves and calls u Hitler in an interview, when Slash quits, Duff Quits.... U know, u may need to look in the mirror and ask yourself why?

Its like we are suppose to believe the entire world has a personal vendetta against the guy and he is just an innocent victim in all of this and I just don't buy that.

I mean can we get a little accountability here? Surely no one believes he is 100 percent blame free in anything right?

if so, I am gonna have to re examine how I think of some of u seriously.

I think D makes a very good point. 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #225 on: February 28, 2009, 12:24:04 AM »

some of you really need to get over slash.   all these years later, really its ok to move on.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2009, 12:28:00 AM »

No, we don't know what he's gone through or is going through.  But to refer to someone as "a cancer" is sad.  I also think it's sad that anyone would continue to hold grudges for 20 yrs and not seek some type of peace and forgiveness.    

Interesting how you know nothing about it but you're quick to point out what's sad.....

Roll Eyes

I definitely know he isn't innocent and some great amazing angel of a person who everyone tries to bring down and destroy.

Once again, generalizations.

Nobody said anything about an angel. You just have to take everything to the extreme to prove your "point".

Open your eyes.

If you have never seen any bullshit about GN'R, then congratulations.

He took responsibility for not being able to make a better UYI album. He didn't take any when it comes to fractured relationships and all that stuff. Riots etc etc etc

Did he talk about riots etc etc etc. in this interview?

Which question was about the riots?

Talking of relationships, I seem to recall this other band featuring a guy in a top hat losing their singer. Must be Axl's fault!

what I am saying is, he needs to let go of all that hostility.  Cause in the end, he is only hurting himself.

Well maybe letting some steam out is the best thing...

But it's the usual. "Axl should shut up". "How dare he!"

Of course you do. The two of you who know nothing about what Axl has had to deal with are giving hm advice on how to live his life.

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2009, 12:29:27 AM »

they're disgruntled slash fans.    thats really all it is.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #228 on: February 28, 2009, 12:31:22 AM »

Slash isn't the only cancer, 'namsayin?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #229 on: February 28, 2009, 12:32:04 AM »

some of you really need to get over slash.   all these years later, really its ok to move on.

Well said.  Then again, the Slash topic keeps coming up in recent interviews.  I would agree, it's time to get over Slash and some of the things he may or may not have done.  It's time to move on.  I figure if the topics keep coming up in interviews then it's still ok to talk about it.  
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2009, 12:32:39 AM »

they're disgruntled slash fans.    thats really all it is.

Read my post. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2009, 12:33:24 AM »

Well said.  Then again, the Slash topic keeps coming up in recent interviews.  I would agree, it's time to get over Slash and some of the things he may or may not have done.  It's time to move on.  I figure if the topics keep coming up in interviews then it's still ok to talk about it.  

Yeah, like you ever stopped and only started due to the interviews!  

Oh wait, it's Axl's fault!  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2009, 12:37:46 AM »

There was a poster on here from Utah that told me something once, and even though we aren't friends at the moment, I'll never forget it.

this is paraphrased cause I don't remember it verbatim

I was very negative and just mad at the world, hated everybody and everything and he made a lot of sense with something like "YOU control how you feel, how you act and how you let things affect you"

If someone wrongs u, u can hold it in and let it further ruin your life and your happiness, or you can let it go cause ultimately it is your decision.

I fuck that up all the time but u get the idea.

Axl is choosing to let all that still consume and affect him. He has a great new CD, a great new band, So rebuild the rep by going out and kicking ass in concert, do some shit to help somebody else out publicly like habitat for humanity or something and the stuff that happened would be an after thought.

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2009, 12:38:26 AM »

Interesting how you know nothing about it but you're quick to point out what's sad.....

Roll Eyes

I definitely know he isn't innocent and some great amazing angel of a person who everyone tries to bring down and destroy.

Once again, generalizations.

Nobody said anything about an angel. You just have to take everything to the extreme to prove your "point".

Open your eyes.

If you have never seen any bullshit about GN'R, then congratulations.

Did he talk about riots etc etc etc. in this interview?

Which question was about the riots?

Talking of relationships, I seem to recall this other band featuring a guy in a top hat losing their singer. Must be Axl's fault!

Well maybe letting some steam out is the best thing...

But it's the usual. "Axl should shut up". "How dare he!"

Of course you do. The two of you who know nothing about what Axl has had to deal with are giving hm advice on how to live his life.

hihi

/jarmo

You're right, I don't know anything about it, but I said it's sad, and it is.  For whatever reason it happens, holding bitter feelings enough to call someone a cancer has got to hurt inside.  For anyone.   It's not good to hold such negative feelings inside for so long.  

I don't know about Axl and his life and I'm not giving advice on how to live his life.  He can live it the way he wants.  All I sad is it's sad to feel that way for so long.

He can say whatever the fuck he wants.  I can respond like I want, as can you.    
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2009, 12:40:18 AM »

Don't tell Axl what to do. ok

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #235 on: February 28, 2009, 12:43:01 AM »

Ok now Axl is the only person in the world who has ever had somebody lie on him and treat him bad or wrong.

Jarmo, feelings are feelings. Axl's hurt and pain are no different than hurt and pain felt by millions of other people who have went through shit. Heartbreak, betrayal, those are emotions we all feel and I know from great experience that you can move on and better yourself, or u can let those things eat u alive.

I honestly no longer care about the whole he said, he said shit. cause we are never gonna know the real truth.

The more he stays consumed with Slash, the harder its gonna be for not only him but everyone else to move forward with what they are now.

There is nothing he can say that will change public perception. bashing and doing shit like this certainly won't help.

we know nothing about axl but u guys are the experts right? how does that work?

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #236 on: February 28, 2009, 12:43:40 AM »

yeah and maybe some of the people that interview him should stop gettin into the same shit over and over, I just dont know why Del James came up with the same question, couldnt he think in something better?
Even the usually Axl-bashing RollingStone disagrees with you on that point  Roll Eyes

From Rolling Stone...

Axl Rose?s second official post-Chinese Democracy interview hit the internet today as the Guns n? Roses frontman talked with Spinner about his new album, why the group?s original lineup dissolved and why he?ll never reunite with Slash. Even though the interview was conducted by Rose?s good friend and Guns road manager Del James, the questions definitely aren?t softball and, as usual, Axl doesn?t hold anything back.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/02/27/axl-rose-calls-slash-a-cancer-in-new-chinese-democracy-interview/

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #237 on: February 28, 2009, 12:44:09 AM »

I give Del credit. he asked some good questions.

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #238 on: February 28, 2009, 12:45:27 AM »

Yeah, like you ever stopped and only started due to the interviews!  

Oh wait, it's Axl's fault!  rofl

/jarmo

I never said it was Axl's fault in regard to this particular interview or in anything I said up above.  I've said before that no one particular and sole person could be at fault.  Please don't put words in my mouth.

Yes I do defend Slash. So what?  You defend Axl.  So what?  We're told to "move on" and it's about GnR today.  That's a very good point because GnR is about the band today, right?  However, since former members who are interviewed keep talking about the past, then I'd say it's fair game for us to talk about it as well.  
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #239 on: February 28, 2009, 12:48:34 AM »

I give Del credit.
I'm sure Del will sleep better tonight knowing you approve.  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: