Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:53:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 124901 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2009, 05:06:32 PM »

well i'm just curious who's to blame for philly, since Axl never has any fault of his own...

The Promoters of course

Lakers game  Wink

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #161 on: February 27, 2009, 05:09:47 PM »

From Rolling Stone...

Even though the interview was conducted by Rose?s good friend and Guns road manager Del James, the questions definitely aren?t softball and, as usual, Axl doesn?t hold anything back.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/02/27/axl-rose-calls-slash-a-cancer-in-new-chinese-democracy-interview/

axl: No. I said "loved," as in past tense. It was a misquote by a writer I mistook as a fan.

del is a much abler interviewer than that writer it seems.

I just find it hard to believe that every single person in the world is lying. Jesus, Even Bucket left, Robin has left twice......

No but slash lies.
Robin and bucket don't like the label very much and they don't say much.
makane
Legend

« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2009, 05:25:15 PM »

Last time it was "not before either of us dies" and now its "slash is cancer", oh what a crappy way to get headline news spot.
Whats next? "Slash planned mass genocide"?

Don't really know if it's intentional, but it definitely doesn't "clear it up" any more than being "polite" about it.
I'd understand this interview completely if it was made by some other media asking the same old questions, but I consider Del as a part of the "family" and them using their old friends to benefit for themselves is not cool (same goes for Slash & co really)

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2009, 05:39:10 PM »

i find it ridiculous that many can't really see the difference between liking the music and liking the musician himself. i love gn'r, old and current version, but i don't really know them

Agreed. Rest of the post too. ok

We're all here because we're fans of a band's music. I think there's too much attention given to arguments and feuds and shit.

Though it's cool that we've heard from Axl a few times now recently. yes

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2009, 05:46:37 PM »

Don't really know if it's intentional, but it definitely doesn't "clear it up" any more than being "polite" about it.
I'd understand this interview completely if it was made by some other media asking the same old questions, but I consider Del as a part of the "family" and them using their old friends to benefit for themselves is not cool (same goes for Slash & co really)

It's interesting that in a situation where Axl has total control of what gets talked about ( Interview with Del, Axl asking fans to ask about specific topic are both closer to  essays  written by Axl, rather than interviews)vast, vast VAST majority of things he chooses to speak of revolve around old guns.
Find an interview with Slash where some 75% of what he speaks about had been old guns.

Slash dares to mention Guns n' Roses in an interview and its "OMG WHORE WHOREING HIS ASS WTF???"
Axl gives an interview that is essentially all about old guns and its " Axl clearing things up" Grin

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2009, 05:49:19 PM »

I just find it hard to believe that every single person in the world is lying. Jesus, Even Bucket left, Robin has left twice......

No but slash lies.
Robin and bucket don't like the label very much and they don't say much.

That's perhaps the most redundant post I've seen. Talk about living up to the stereotypes D was talking about.

Anyway, I think MeanBone has said it best. Very insightful.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2009, 06:02:38 PM »

I'm still lost on all that shit about Robert John and the guy's personal finances. Why that was necessary for anyone to know is beyond me.

Just another example of Axl "being the bad guy".

When it happened, it made headlines. Obviously.

But, as usual, the story behind it all wasn't important. The most important thing was that Axl ripped his friend off because he's the Antichrist!

Find an interview with Slash where some 75% of what he speaks about had been old guns.

Well the guy made a fucking book to "set the record straight" about GN'R....

So yeah, maybe his interviews aren't mostly about GN'R, but he made some money on it instead. I guess you prefer that.

And most importanly...I find it troubling that Axl is downplaying how much material they have after CD. He has boasted numerous times how they have been working on a lot of material. In London, he said that there were 3 albums worth of material.

Now all of a sudden there isnt that much there?

Maybe it's because certain people, no names mention/forgotten, like to take things out of proportion?

If he had said they have X albums worth of material, there'd be people saying "OMG! OMG! Can't wait for the next album!".

Thus, starting "the wait" all over again. Which is kinda stupid since the new album was released three months ago and the band hasn't toured behind it yet.....

So maybe he wishes to focus on Chinese Democracy right now.

Isn't that what you want?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2009, 06:25:56 PM »

I'm still lost on all that shit about Robert John and the guy's personal finances. Why that was necessary for anyone to know is beyond me.

But, as usual, the story behind it all wasn't important. The most important thing was that Axl ripped his friend off because he's the Antichrist!

Ok, I must have completely missed whatever headline that was.  Will go look it up....

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2009, 06:32:50 PM »

That isn't even the point though Jarmo

U are famous, u are an entertainer, so normally, that is what entertainer's do. they go to parties, they give interviews, they do shit.

Haven't you noticed that a lot of entertainers aren't seen when they don't have anything to sell while others will cling onto the spotlight no matter what?

Some do it because it's part of their work. They have to promote their new movie on talk shows, they have to talk to the press etc. Then you have others who do it because they want to be seen.

You know the kind of people who will alert the paparazzi of where they'll be so they can get their picture in the magazines? People who attend events knowing that the photographers will be there.

That's the difference.

At the end of the day, it's about integrity.

/jarmo

I don't buy a word of that.  I don't believe for a second that even Axl would have released Chi Dem for free.   It's about money.  Maybe it's more important to some than others.  But it's about money. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2009, 06:38:48 PM »

Ok, I must have completely missed whatever headline that was.  Will go look it up....

It happened back around 2002. Robert went to all the guys in the old band to see if they wanted to buy the pictures because he was having money problems. All the other guys said they didn't want them. Axl bought them and when Robert didn't get the money  ASAP he sued Axl saying he stole them or something.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2009, 06:45:28 PM »

I don't buy a word of that.  I don't believe for a second that even Axl would have released Chi Dem for free.   It's about money.  Maybe it's more important to some than others.  But it's about money. 

You don't?

I think the record company would've been more pissed...  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2009, 07:00:26 PM »

Maybe it's because certain people, no names mention/forgotten, like to take things out of proportion?

If he had said they have X albums worth of material, there'd be people saying "OMG! OMG! Can't wait for the next album!".

Thus, starting "the wait" all over again. Which is kinda stupid since the new album was released three months ago and the band hasn't toured behind it yet.....

So maybe he wishes to focus on Chinese Democracy right now.

Isn't that what you want?

"Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon fr?re! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album! So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls!"

No one took anything out of proportion. Axl and the band have said countless times that they were working on multiple albums not just CD.

Now its a problem if people wonder about follow up material? Geeezzzz.

To blame anything on Baz' big mouth is absurd. It came straight from Axl.

I have always thought it was unfair for the media and fans to say that Axl was spending all this time and money on just CD. I would say, well if you put your agenda aside you would realize that they have made 2-3 total albums counting CD. Which certainly justifies the time and cost. But if that is not the case then that is troubling and contradicts the first few questions of the newest interview.

You are right, I want Axl to start focusing on CD. He still hasnt done that. When the videos are made and released, and they hit the road is when the CD era will begin. When I hear interviews from Axl and the band about the making of CD, the present, and the FUTURE then Ill be totally happy.

Axl has told his story about the old band, now we can move on. And I think everyone here wants that and is looking foward to that.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 07:06:53 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2009, 07:15:10 PM »

You know, I am starting to get almost as tired of the world vs. Axl stories, as I am of the reunion stuff.   I get his point, and I don't blame Axl for having an obvious complex about it, but being the selfish fan that I am - I want tour dates, or at least discussion about the album.  Slash sucks, everyone but me is to blame for CD delay/release, I hate all my old music, and one by one, everyone who enters Axl's life lets him down or stabs him in the back - save for the loyal few...I would save that for the 'tell all' book (guarranteed bestseller) - or let sleeping dogs lie...it may be too late to convince most non-fans that he is not the bad guy anyway.

More music, tour dates, talk about the music!  Thats my advice (1 of 1 Billion I am sure).  ok 

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2009, 07:28:50 PM »

may be too late to convince most non-fans that he is not the bad guy anyway.
that ship has sailed. He has no shot of winnning any substantial public support. Mainly because no one cares either way. He shouldnt even care. Its cool for him to tell his side once. Thats fine. But hopefully this wont be a theme with every interview/press release.

but its going to be hard to avoid because
1) people will always ask
2) his first major interviews or comments after all of these years are about the old band...so this will open the floodgates to even more future questions

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2009, 07:29:28 PM »

No one took anything out of proportion. Axl and the band have said countless times that they were working on multiple albums not just CD.

I know what he said in 2002.

So what's the problem with focusing on the CURRENT album instead of starting all the talk about future releases now?

Isn't that what you wanted? Less talk about anything non-CD related?

And now you're upset because he doesn't wanna talk about the follow-up?

Wait, are you gonna say you've waited for the Chinese Democracy follow-up album since 2002? Because in 2002 he said [insert quote about multiple albums here]?  hihi

But if that is not the case then that is troubling and contradicts the first few questions of the newest interview.

You're looking for contradictions that aren't there.

Axl has told his story about the old band, now we can move on. And I think everyone here wants that and is looking foward to that.

Well you don't make that decision for "us".

If Axl wants to talk about the weather, he can.  Smiley

/jarmo

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2009, 07:35:25 PM »

well i'm just curious who's to blame for philly, since Axl never has any fault of his own...

The Promoters of course

Lakers game  Wink

I'm pretty sure the 76ers were playing the Spurs that night.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2009, 07:37:56 PM »

I know what he said in 2002.
Hes said similar stuff along the way...

I dont care how long ago it was. he said it.

Just like he holds Slash accountable for what he has said/did in the past(like really in the past), we as fans can expect some accountability as well....yes or no?

So what's the problem with focusing on the CURRENT album instead of starting all the talk about future releases now?

Isn't that what you wanted? Less talk about anything non-CD related?

And now you're upset because he doesn't wanna talk about the follow-up?
Stop with the semantics. Im not asking Axl to talk about new material every second. I was surprised he down played the idea of there being more material in the can for a follow up.

And Jarmo, for the record, I want Axl to DO not Talk.....When Axl is out there doing stuff is when hes at his best.

You're looking for contradictions that aren't there.
Well if your not wrapped up in creating a masterpiece then why spend all that time and money on one album?

If Axl wants to talk about the weather, he can.  
And you would proceed to tell me how its a positive hihi

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2009, 07:45:32 PM »

Yeah, i just don't like how it is now Baz' fault the 3 to 4 album thing got started cause yeah, Axl was saying it WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY before Baz and I am sure Sebastian can count how many new songs he hears while listening.

That is my point. no responsibility for anything. Now to blame Baz for starting a "rumor" is just absurd.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2009, 07:47:44 PM »

As always I love what Axl has to say. The guy speaks the truth and thats what ends up pissing people off.
Most of the time the truth hurts so people tend to ignore it. You can ignore it but that doesn't make it go away. As a gnr fan we look high and low for any info. We probably go to the wrong places but its nice to see in the end Axl is here to set it straight.
Thanks man.
peace out
By the way I posted this at another board but I'll post it here too. As a woman may I just say I wish more men had Ball's like Axls!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
makane
Legend

« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2009, 07:54:02 PM »

Yeah, i just don't like how it is now Baz' fault the 3 to 4 album thing got started cause yeah, Axl was saying it WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY before Baz and I am sure Sebastian can count how many new songs he hears while listening.

That is my point. no responsibility for anything. Now to blame Baz for starting a "rumor" is just absurd.

I honestly think Axl lied a tad bit there, probably to ease off with the anticipation and pressure for future releases.

You know, he probably learnt that lesson pretty well during the making of CD. Imagine what would've happen if he told theres two more albums waiting to be released on his backpack. It would just create unbearable pressure from everyone.  
And 'cause it's harder to believe why he would've lied back in 2002.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: