Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:54:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 124903 times)
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2009, 03:12:46 PM »

I honestly think alot of people here just have a vendetta against certain people just because they don't see eye-to-eye with Axl. For instance, it's all high & mighty saying "Slash is a media-whore" and that he is doing all this to higher his profile. Ever think maybe he was obligated to attend those events or that some might have been due to Perla having something to do with the certain thing.

Your all saying oh I would never do such and such he is just doing it for the money. Well even if it were financially motivated, its all fine saying that you would reject on a bloody forum but faced with the choice why not help sercure your family finances, everyone would do it in a heartbeat.

I just think certain people are just hell bent on defending Axl to be correct 100%, everybody lies he & Slash are certainly no exception. Whatever anybody does in their lives are their own choices and who are we to critizise them, they don't have to answer to us.

I gotta say D has it spot on here and is actually the voice of reason. Jarmo no offence to you I think your a great guy but I feel you can sometimes add fuel to the fire if someone makes a certain remark about Axl.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2009, 03:18:45 PM »

I just don't like how Axl defenders think everything he says and his versions are 100 percent truth and it can be said for Slash defenders as well.

Neither of these guys are angels.

I've read too many interviews from former band members, managers, etc and unless the entire world has some vendetta and hatred against Axl, he is not without fault in this situation.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2009, 03:56:53 PM »

Not a bad publicity stunt Ax. This is certainly a way to drum up some attention for the new record.

Not sure its the right way to go about promoting it though.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2009, 03:57:44 PM »

Despite what all of our opinions are, it's always interesting to get a new interview and something to discuss.

It becomes more and more clear that Axl really isn't proud of the UYI material at all. Sure, they were no Appetite but I think those albums really stand up even today. I think most of the public would agree too. I thought some of Axl's best lyrics were there also on songs like Locomotive, Coma, and Don't Damn Me. Could it be he was just never happy with the process in which they were made and where the band was at?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 03:59:19 PM by LunsJail » Logged

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #144 on: February 27, 2009, 04:16:44 PM »

Geez.. can't seem to be able to throw a stone these days without it landing on an Axl Rose Interview.
He is such a MEDIA WHORE.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2009, 04:29:09 PM »

Well, for me, i don't really get it how neither Axl nor Slash seem to take responsibility for their actions. Slash is too busy trying to be portrayed as the victim and nice guy, while axl just loves to give hell to everyone and say how he never did anything wrong and everyone was just out to get him, which may be true regarding some aspects, but in others he just sounds like a mad man ranting in the rain. and i'm just calling it as i see it.

I don't really trust one or another. first of all because everyone lies to save their ass, and it amuses me to see how some people in here just takes sides based on what either slash or axl recollects from the breaking of the band or their continued battles. it's just non sense. To put aside rational thinking and trusting someone else's version of events is just silly and makes me laugh or think you guys are "cucu" and are taking this a little too far.

the way i see it, axl came off harsh, because, if i read correctly he tried to bring slash down on his playing, and slash may be a lot of things, but he's a damn guitar legend for sure. you can't take anything from him, even if you don't appreciate his last projects. because, all things considered, the same thing could be told about axl, a lot of people hate him for his change in musical style, however i still see him for what he is, a great performer, even with all his faults.

i find it ridiculous that many can't really see the difference between liking the music and liking the musician himself. i love gn'r, old and current version, but i don't really know them, the only three people that seem, from interview,s i could be friends with are duff, bumble and Robin, and that's just based on how they come off, but that's just a big assumption on my part and i take it for what it is. All the others i can't really tell. but i don't make an effort to try to take sides or like someone else's view on the world or people. We are music fans, we like the music. these things are the ugly part of music.

i loved reading Axl's take on all of it, and it's his side and it's a valid point of view. but at the end of the day, i couldn't care less. i like the current gn'r and i like the music and that's all that matters.

if  i could or should make a remark about his interview, i'd only ask him to spend more time talking about his current band members, the process of recording, how they get along, how it's like to share the studio with them and letting them do interviews as well, because the past is buried and it's gonna be that way, but the current incarnation of GN'R needs more press and attention. they don't even have a video for god's sake.

But i do get why this is so important for axl, he did keep himself quite for so many years, it's his turn to speak.

but let's not forget, for anyone to try to really say what happened between Axl and Slash and who's wrong or Right, is just crazy. it strictly depends on who you believe, but given the fact that they're both trying to save their asses in the press, i 'm not gonna take any sides cuz none of this is objective, nor relevant.

the cool part of the interview for me was Robin has an interest to tour with them and he has a solo that sounds like SRV, now that's something i like to hear.

hopefully we'll see them tour this summer and many of us htgth members will meet again and enjoy the great time it was back in 2006 in europe.

Cheers

Chinese Democracy!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2009, 04:34:36 PM »

From Rolling Stone...

Axl Rose?s second official post-Chinese Democracy interview hit the internet today as the Guns n? Roses frontman talked with Spinner about his new album, why the group?s original lineup dissolved and why he?ll never reunite with Slash. Even though the interview was conducted by Rose?s good friend and Guns road manager Del James, the questions definitely aren?t softball and, as usual, Axl doesn?t hold anything back.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/02/27/axl-rose-calls-slash-a-cancer-in-new-chinese-democracy-interview/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2009, 04:37:23 PM »

I think he finally bit that Slash question right in the ass, killed it, buried it, and hopefully, it'll never see the light of day again.

Slash who? Exactly...

Thanks for another great read Axl.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2009, 04:38:27 PM »

From Rolling Stone...

Axl Rose?s second official post-Chinese Democracy interview hit the internet today as the Guns n? Roses frontman talked with Spinner about his new album, why the group?s original lineup dissolved and why he?ll never reunite with Slash. Even though the interview was conducted by Rose?s good friend and Guns road manager Del James, the questions definitely aren?t softball and, as usual, Axl doesn?t hold anything back.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/02/27/axl-rose-calls-slash-a-cancer-in-new-chinese-democracy-interview/

I agree, the questions weren't softball at all.  People just would like to say that because Del conducted the interview.

Ali
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2009, 04:42:09 PM »

I find it funny how Axl can knock Izzy for being unpredictable when Axls whole career is built on being unpredictable.

And most importanly...I find it troubling that Axl is downplaying how much material they have after CD. He has boasted numerous times how they have been working on a lot of material. In London, he said that there were 3 albums worth of material.

Now all of a sudden there isnt that much there? While Del didnt give a softball interview, I would have liked to see him press a lil more with some of the responses..., the next question should have been, what the hell have you been working on all of these years?
I was under the impression that they spent years and 12+mil on CD and other albums. I always said that when the media reported that CD cost all that time and money they werent painting the full picture because there was 1-2 other albums, atleast 1 more, in the can ready after CD....which justifies the cost and time

The interview opens up with them talking about how Axl didnt intend on creating a masterpiece or dwelling on the fact that he had or wanted to make this masterpiece. Well if thats the case, then why did you spend 14mil and all of that time on 1 album?

That part about the material with Baz really bothered me. I dont understand the downplaying when all of these years he has said that atleast 1 other album would be ready after CD. The media and fans are only going to care about what he said about Slash and the old band but as a fan of the new band and Axl himself...this bothered me the most

« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 04:45:03 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2009, 04:43:01 PM »

Definitely gotta give props to Del. There were some really good questions in there.

I always said how I'd never want to meet my heroes out of fear of them not being cool or whatever.

same goes with this. I find all the bashing to be depressing.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2009, 04:44:08 PM »

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the journalist asking the questions, after all I'm sure Del James could've asked any question Axl wanted him to.  I was more referring to the radio stations and other media that will pick up on this interview.  If 80% of the interview was about CD and just 20% was about the old band, guess what they'd report on?  I'll give you a hint, it wouldn't be CD.

But they still won't report on CD.  The headlines will be "Axl calls Slash a cancer."  

Ha....check out the title of the Rolling Stone article

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2009, 04:47:01 PM »

damn you've guessed it.

"Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose says Slash is "a cancer"--http://uk.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUKTRE51Q2WA20090227
"Axl Rose Calls Slash a ?Cancer? in New ?Chinese Democracy? Interview" ---RS

I just don't like how Axl defenders think everything he says and his versions are 100 percent truth and it can be said for Slash defenders as well.

I just love how we aren't counted among the entire world.

What axl comment in the interview is a lie? enlighten us as we're out of the world.
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2009, 04:48:19 PM »

More rock , less talk.

Chicago 11/15/11
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2009, 04:49:12 PM »

Awesome interview!  ok

It's always good to see Axl lay down the law and tell it like it is.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2009, 04:51:28 PM »

I find it funny how Axl can knock Izzy for being unpredictable when Axls whole career is built on being unpredictable.

And most importanly...I find it troubling that Axl is downplaying how much material they have after CD. He has boasted numerous times how they have been working on a lot of material. In London, he said that there were 3 albums worth of material.

Now all of a sudden there isnt that much there? While Del didnt give a softball interview, I would have liked to see him press a lil more with some of the responses..., the next question should have been, what the hell have you been working on all of these years?
I was under the impression that they spent years and 12+mil on CD and other albums. I always said that when the media reported that CD cost all that time and money they werent painting the full picture because there was 1-2 other albums, atleast 1 more, in the can ready after CD....which justifies the cost and time

The interview opens up with them talking about how Axl didnt intend on creating a masterpiece or dwelling on the fact that he had or wanted to make this masterpiece. Well if thats the case, then why did you spend 14mil and all of that time on 1 album?

That part about the material with Baz really bothered me. I dont understand the downplaying when all of these years he has said that atleast 1 other album would be ready after CD. The media and fans are only going to care about what he said about Slash and the old band but as a fan of the new band and Axl himself...this bothered me the most

Good point there YG. Axl has himself talked about 3 albums worth of material.

As someone on another forum stated, it didn't help having so many people call it AFD on steroids, Physical Graffitti mixed by Beck and Reznor. Best of Pink Floyd mixed with Zep.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2009, 04:54:28 PM »

damn you've guessed it.

"Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose says Slash is "a cancer"--http://uk.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUKTRE51Q2WA20090227
"Axl Rose Calls Slash a ?Cancer? in New ?Chinese Democracy? Interview" ---RS

I just love how we aren't counted among the entire world.

What axl comment in the interview is a lie? enlighten us as we're out of the world.

Your question is hard to follow but lets see if I can interpret this:

Slash followers do nothing but blame Axl. I don't think Axl deserves all the blame as it must have been extremely difficult to deal with a heroin addict and a band full of junkies.

Axl followers and Axl himself takes no fault whatsoever but u just have so many versions from so many different people and I just find it hard to believe that every single person in the world is lying. Jesus, Even Bucket left, Robin has left twice......

Izzy even said in a Classic Rock article how the last straws were Axl wanting him to sign a paper and take a smaller percentage etc etc.

In any breakup, never is it only one person's fault.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2009, 04:58:04 PM »

I'm still lost on all that shit about Robert John and the guy's personal finances. Why that was necessary for anyone to know is beyond me.

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2009, 05:01:51 PM »

well i'm just curious who's to blame for philly, since Axl never has any fault of his own...

Chinese Democracy!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2009, 05:05:02 PM »

well i'm just curious who's to blame for philly, since Axl never has any fault of his own...

The Promoters of course

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: