Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 08:11:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 125203 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2009, 02:30:35 PM »

That isn't even the point though Jarmo

U are famous, u are an entertainer, so normally, that is what entertainer's do. they go to parties, they give interviews, they do shit.

Haven't you noticed that a lot of entertainers aren't seen when they don't have anything to sell while others will cling onto the spotlight no matter what?

Some do it because it's part of their work. They have to promote their new movie on talk shows, they have to talk to the press etc. Then you have others who do it because they want to be seen.

You know the kind of people who will alert the paparazzi of where they'll be so they can get their picture in the magazines? People who attend events knowing that the photographers will be there.

That's the difference.

At the end of the day, it's about integrity.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2009, 02:30:40 PM »

Fair enough ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2009, 02:32:39 PM »

That isn't even the point though Jarmo

U are famous, u are an entertainer, so normally, that is what entertainer's do. they go to parties, they give interviews, they do shit.

Haven't you noticed that a lot of entertainers aren't seen when they don't have anything to sell while others will cling onto the spotlight no matter what?

Some do it because it's part of their work. They have to promote their new movie on talk shows, they have to talk to the press etc. Then you have others who do it because they want to be seen.

You know the kind of people who will alert the paparazzi of where they'll be so they can get their picture in the magazines? People who attend events knowing that the photographers will be there.

That's the difference.

At the end of the day, it's about integrity.

/jarmo

I just don't think Slash fits that description. Slash was at the Oscars right? Well, he did play the original music for the movie "The Wrestler" so he was invited by those people I am sure.

If he does some charity benefit, that is great doing stuff for charity

if he is promoting Guitar Hero III, that is great and nothing wrong with it.

I've never heard of him alerting paparazzi and doing stuff just to be "Seen" they did turn down the Rockstar TV show on CBS which would've gave them a shit ton of exposure etc.

PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2009, 02:32:50 PM »

why do ppl hate on Fergie, she is pretty high on the food chain in what she does.  she is A list
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2009, 02:33:14 PM »

Axl has said numerous times, he doesn't go around drawing attention to himself unless he has something to promote.

Thats why we didn't really see or hear from him between 2002 and 2006.   Then just months before the shows in 06 were announced, Axl starts to make appearances.

Now he is promoting himself again, and the album is out.   Hopefully they are working on a tour too.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2009, 02:33:29 PM »

why do ppl hate on Fergie, she is pretty high on the food chain in what she does.  she is A list

Have u heard her music?

Nuff Said

PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2009, 02:36:15 PM »

Have u heard her music?

Nuff Said
yeah and i've seen her live, she was excellent.  u don't have to fall asleep every nite staring at her poster and listening to her album to acknowledge she is in the top tier
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2009, 02:38:35 PM »

Did anyone fully understand that part about being in a reunion in an "ambush" situation? Did Axl really think Slash was going to run out on stage at the Hard Rock unannounced and just start playing with the band? That seems wildly paranoid to me.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2009, 02:40:02 PM »

Axl was blunt and direct at times in this interview, and I appreciate that candor, but to be quite honest, there are portions of this interview that I really am having trouble understanding what he's saying.  I don't have time to get into it now, but tonight I'm going to post some quotes and hopefully get a productive discussion going to analyze some of Axls ramblings.  I just start with one for now.

Did you break up the old Guns?

It is my belief that the commitment to end old Guns came long before the band started in the heart and soul of one man.

So is he implying that Slash intended to breakup the band before they even started?

I read it as it was fated that they shouldn't stay in a band even before they met.
the band was started in the heart and soul of the leader.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2009, 02:44:09 PM »

I just don't think Slash fits that description.

Ok.

I think your opinion has been pretty clear for a long time.

Which is why you asked in the first place.

It's not that you didn't know why people think he was an attention seeking media whore, it's just that you don't agree.

Did anyone fully understand that part about being in a reunion in an "ambush" situation? Did Axl really think Slash was going to run out on stage at the Hard Rock unannounced and just start playing with the band? That seems wildly paranoid to me.

Could be more like "Slash showed up with a guitar ready to play so why would Axl say no" kinda thing....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 02:49:43 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2009, 02:48:47 PM »

Slash may be creating a brand name for himself the way Snoop Dogg did since he's no longer in GNR and even VR seems to have run its course.

Remember when Snoop first came out with Dre and he was this cool, laid back, gangster rapping about real life shit. Then he turned into this ridiculous cartoon character drinking out of pimp cups and saying "fo shizzle my nizzle" for any ad that paid him a buck to do it. I'm sure Slash may have a bit more integrity than that but he needs to watch his step.

And I know this was a bit off topic.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2009, 02:55:10 PM »

that part is very interesting though.

Jarmo, I see where u guys are coming from and I can see how some of the stuff he does can be considered media whoring. I just don't think he does stuff just to be seen or whatever. Most of the time, he has something going on that validates being out and about.

The Fergie thing............... She does seem like a genuine friend of Slash's............. I personally cringe everytime I hear the woman.

Slash isn't anywhere on that Snoop level yet.  Snoop was at the CMA awards for Christ's sake.

PolarBearWitchHead
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2009, 02:56:01 PM »

on topic about having the right to say what they want..

tbh, outside of the concerts/ records they release, i could care less about slash and axl on a personal level.  Imo, they are both kinda flakes

but to label either as a media whore or a hermit is a little extreme.  axl has a right not to make appearances any more, he has a right to say Yes or No.  same with slash, he is a guitar player, if he wants to get up and do appearances on a country record or a perform on stage with beyonce or go to a movie premiere on a thursday night, i think both guys kinda earned the right to say yes or no to w/e they want or dont want to do
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2009, 02:57:24 PM »

Here's what's kind of pissing me off right now. I feel like if Axl had not addressed his side of the story from the old days people would be saying he was dodging the questions (probably because he's guilty right?) So instead the man stands by what he says and people say he needs to move on?

These are the questions and answers that we've been waiting for for 10 years people.

That doesn't mean that I wouldn't want to hear more about the new band and new music though. But hell, I could've used a longer interview. I'm a fanboy though, I'm both really easy to please and impossible to please at the same time.  

Thanks to Axl and Del for taking the time.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2009, 02:59:23 PM »

^

I just don't like the bashing on either end

If Slash bashes Axl, I don't like it and vice versa.

wadey
Legend

« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2009, 03:00:33 PM »

Thanks for the interview Axl

..............its a shame people have to rip it to bits and disect it to fit different meanings though, But i guess that will never change.....its gives all the whiners something to swing their handbags at !!!!

peace

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2009, 03:02:27 PM »

Jarmo, I see where u guys are coming from and I can see how some of the stuff he does can be considered media whoring. I just don't think he does stuff just to be seen or whatever. Most of the time, he has something going on that validates being out and about.

Then he has succeeded. He can keep doing it and his image of being this cool character is intact.

Here's what's kind of pissing me off right now. I feel like if Axl had not addressed his side of the story from the old days people would be saying he was dodging the questions (probably because he's guilty right?) So instead the man stands by what he says and people say he needs to move on?

Exactly. He can never win with some fans.

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2009, 03:02:40 PM »

^

I just don't like the bashing on either end

If Slash bashes Axl, I don't like it and vice versa.

I think the point needs to be made LOUD and CLEAR.    There will be no reunion of the AFD or UYI lineups.      If this is what Axl has to do to get it thru some people's thick fucking skulls, so be it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2009, 03:05:26 PM »

The thing is though Jim Bob. I don't think anything he says will matter.  People are still gonna fantasize and believe what they want cause things do change over time.

U look at how many times Van Halen swore they'd never reform and how much they hated each other, same with The Eagles etc.

Axl, should say no, it isn't happening, take the high road like he did on Eddie Trunk and then push this version of GNR and the CD.

All this bashing etc doesn't help. it makes him look worse IMO.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2009, 03:07:41 PM »

no it doesn't. Some people are so into Old Guns promotion.

well said SirTed.

Robin in the style of Stevie Ray Vaughan must be sick.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: