Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:51:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 124754 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2009, 12:21:07 PM »

Absolutely but people would jump on the old dudes for answering a question asked to them as "Promoting themselves through talking about Axl etc"

I argued till I was blue in the face that it was ok to answer questions asked and u wait and see, Axl will do the same.

People said they should just say "No Comment"

I think he went a little far in his bashing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2009, 12:21:46 PM »

Told u guys when Axl started doing interviews he would talk a bout the old band etc.

So much for the "No Comment" stuff right?

to be fair,when you have guys like adler in the media who hype up reunions constantly and fake media whores like slash who says whatever he thinks will be popular opinion, things need to be addressed.

Believe me, I'm hoping the next Axl interview is a song-by-song disection of the album with his thoughts on each track where he doesnt' even have to mention the word slash.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2009, 12:23:06 PM »

I think he meant the tours they did. Including the one you remember so fondly...
The tours they did were not for the album

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

The tours were to get out there and promote themselves and play for the fans.   It wasn't that long ago.   And I think more is coming.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2009, 12:23:14 PM »

But they kinda promoted the new band didn't they?

fair point. I have always said the 02 tour was just to get out of the studio and introduce the band to the public. But by no means was it the tour that would define the album or new gnr.

That tour comes after the release.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2009, 12:24:56 PM »

Absolutely but people would jump on the old dudes for answering a question asked to them as "Promoting themselves through talking about Axl etc"

Look at the number of interviews and the time spent on talking about it... You might see the difference then.

That tour comes after the release.

So the Use Your Illusion tour legs before the release didn't count? Damn....  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2009, 12:26:16 PM »

fake media whores like slash

dude, you can't call slash a fake media whore
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2009, 12:26:43 PM »

Told u guys when Axl started doing interviews he would talk a bout the old band etc.

So much for the "No Comment" stuff right?

to be fair,when you have guys like adler in the media who hype up reunions constantly and fake media whores like slash who says whatever he thinks will be popular opinion, things need to be addressed.

Believe me, I'm hoping the next Axl interview is a song-by-song disection of the album with his thoughts on each track where he doesnt' even have to mention the word slash.

Axl answer what he wants, to what questions he get.

If he gets the question about Slash, and a reunion, he may want to give an answer that dont create speculations..
What if Axl had answerd "no comment" to a question about reunion.. then the speculations would be out there right away..

I think its nice to see that Axl says what he what he have on his heart...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2009, 12:29:31 PM »

Axl is only focusing on it because of the loud ass detractors who keep spreading reunion rumors and refusing to allow GnR fans to discuss their fav band on these forums without hijacking it to be about the old band.   My opinion at least.

so in reality Axl is doing what you say I and other always do?
focus on the negative.

If people would stop the reunion bullshit, this interview might have went differently.     This is what is needed to wake people up.

Wake who up exactley?? Do you think people care? Imo, Axl missed that boat a long time ago. He still has the right to get his side out but in terms of changing peoples minds, he has no shot. Instead, hes going to come across as bitter etc.

Whos holding you back from talking about GNR? You make it seem like this board is like mygnr? If you dont like MYGNR then whey do you go their and let it effect your gnr spirit? You have a home right here where its totally opposite of my gnr.

Slash is more a media whore who maintains a fake public persona and lies his ass off for the sake of self-promotion and financial gain.
Whether he is or isnt how the hell would you know? Were you ever his friend or something?

Axl is telling his side of the story....just like Slash has told his. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

So the Use Your Illusion tour legs before the release didn't count? Damn.... 
Being that GNR didnt tour anytime before CD's release it didnt have to be brought up....

So now your going to compare the massive UYI tour with the 2002 and 06 "CD" tour? What planet do you live on?

« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 12:33:22 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2009, 12:31:49 PM »

Another thing.

"Why doesn't Axl do interviews? He needs to talk!  crying " is now "He shouldn't talk about that!  crying "

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2009, 12:33:18 PM »

ok let me rephrase that

slash is a fraud and a media whore
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2009, 12:34:11 PM »

Wow, great interview.

Strong words about Slash!  My interpretation is not that he's saying "Slash is a shit guitarist" but perhaps "Look at where Slash was in the late 80s with his playing on appetite and look at where he is now.  He's not challenging himself and not growing as a player".  

And as much as I do love some of Slash's work (a lot of it in fact), maybe he's right.

And he also points the same light on himself too, saying that he was in the same position.  It seems like a very easy trap to fall into.  Slash played for hours and hours and hours a day in his youth, working on his technique and his style.  Does he have the same commitment today?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2009, 12:36:55 PM »

wanna bet ! Slash is only in it for Slash himself.  It's really obvious, Axl's right ! Slash never challenged himself to play something diffrent.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2009, 12:38:46 PM »

ok let me rephrase that

better Smiley

wanna bet ! Slash is only in it for Slash himself.  It's really obvious, Axl's right ! Slash never challenged himself to play something diffrent.

I was saying that slash wasn't faking his mediawhoreness ok
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2009, 12:39:04 PM »

i think he ment a REAL media whore, not a FAKE one..  hihi

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2009, 12:40:08 PM »

^yes

Grin

So how about the rest of that interview?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2009, 12:47:21 PM »

We can go on forever about Axl and Slash.

His comments about Izzy were strange as well.

But  Axls comments about new material was the low point of the interview for me. They contradict what he has said in the past numerous times and also what he said about the whole masterpiece angle.

That is why this is just another press release and not a real interview
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 12:52:45 PM by younggunner » Logged

Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2009, 12:48:54 PM »

Nice reading, I hope Del and Axl do a follow up about the music of CD and the working process of it.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Annie
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2009, 12:53:52 PM »

ok let me rephrase that

So true! There is a quote from the stage version of MEDEA GOES TO JAIL by Tyler Perry where Medea talks about people in our lives being like trees; that some fall off like leaves in a season,while others are roots that keep us grounded in a storm. "When you get some roots, hold onto them," Medea says, "The rest of 'em? Just let them go. Let folks go."  For those of us in the GNR community Axl is our roots and the former members of GNR are leaves that fell away. We just need to let them go and SLASH needs to move on himself. Axl would have been a success with or without those guys, it may have been very different, but AXL would have made it. My own mother said, "none of those guys would have been anything without Axl."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2009, 12:56:43 PM »

Axl would have been a success with or without those guys, it may have been very different, but AXL would have made it. My own mother said, "none of those guys would have been anything without Axl."
if your going to make statements like that, or be allowed to make them here, then I hope your not going to be the same person complaining when people start challenging those statements

Annie
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2009, 12:58:13 PM »

Axl would have been a success with or without those guys, it may have been very different, but AXL would have made it. My own mother said, "none of those guys would have been anything without Axl."
if your going to make statements like that, or be allowed to make them here, then I hope your not going to be the same person complaining when people start challenging those statements
I'm all about people expressing their opinions. That is mine.  And Jarmo is free to delete my posts if he sees fit. He has done it before! hihi
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 01:01:25 PM by Annie » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: