Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:39:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228125 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 124586 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2009, 01:01:04 PM »

Axl would have been a success with or without those guys, it may have been very different, but AXL would have made it. My own mother said, "none of those guys would have been anything without Axl."
if your going to make statements like that, or be allowed to make them here, then I hope your not going to be the same person complaining when people start challenging those statements
I'm all about people expressing their opinions. That is mine.
agreed.
My point is that we can have a 100+ page bonanza on those few lines alone. But the people who have different opinions than you would be deamed as negative, bitter, etc

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Annie
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2009, 01:03:39 PM »

Axl would have been a success with or without those guys, it may have been very different, but AXL would have made it. My own mother said, "none of those guys would have been anything without Axl."
if your going to make statements like that, or be allowed to make them here, then I hope your not going to be the same person complaining when people start challenging those statements
I'm all about people expressing their opinions. That is mine.
agreed.
My point is that we can have a 100+ page bonanza on those few lines alone. But the people who have different opinions than you would be deamed as negative, bitter, etc
I would see them as passionate about their beliefs, however misguided. hihi
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2009, 01:08:36 PM »

See all that worry for nothing ! Robin's intrested in touring ! believe me Robin will be there when the time comes.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2009, 01:15:04 PM »

Although I am obviously a Slash fan and the original Guns are my favourite band ever (I've long given up care or hope of a reunion), new Guns are my favorite  band and Axl is my idea of the ideal frontman. The thing I don't get is if you don't care for something and have a new album that you've spent much of your life just come out, why the hell dedicate all interviews towards people you hate rather than the music itself?! Only people dwelling on "Appetite" want to hear about the old line-up, the real fans want to hear about Chinese Democracy that is the most relevant and newsworthy thing to all of us.

Axl lately really has came across as bitter and untrusting (Don't even try to call me a hater, I stand up for him whenever someone slags him off) in all his recent interviews, fair enough just say "I really can't stand *whomever*" then just move on yet he chooses to continually bring up irrelevant things. Even as far as to bad mouth and praise Izzy in the same paragraph. According to Axl everyone was trying to take over the band and he had to "defend" himself which led him in charge, it just sounds like paranoia to me. A whole host of people have stated it was all just in Axl's mind and Alan Niven said "Slash could barely even run a bath let alone take over a band". I just hate how a large majority of people on GNR boards take Axl's words as if it were the bible and blame attatched to him is immediately false, remember there is 3 sides to every story not just 1!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2009, 01:21:26 PM »

because some people doesn't know that Freedom of speech is not liberty to lie.

and keep trying to convince others that the bridge wasn't burned.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2009, 01:29:09 PM »

I meant 'don't' Embarrassed

See all that worry for nothing ! Robin's intrested in touring ! believe me Robin will be there when the time comes.

yeah
as axl thinks they'll go with a combo of who's around and who's on the album for now and worry about that when they get ready to tour,
we better relax too.

It's not like the old band situation at all.
victor08
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2009, 01:33:36 PM »

Although I am obviously a Slash fan and the original Guns are my favourite band ever (I've long given up care or hope of a reunion), new Guns are my favorite  band and Axl is my idea of the ideal frontman. The thing I don't get is if you don't care for something and have a new album that you've spent much of your life just come out, why the hell dedicate all interviews towards people you hate rather than the music itself?! Only people dwelling on "Appetite" want to hear about the old line-up, the real fans want to hear about Chinese Democracy that is the most relevant and newsworthy thing to all of us.

Axl lately really has came across as bitter and untrusting (Don't even try to call me a hater, I stand up for him whenever someone slags him off) in all his recent interviews, fair enough just say "I really can't stand *whomever*" then just move on yet he chooses to continually bring up irrelevant things. Even as far as to bad mouth and praise Izzy in the same paragraph. According to Axl everyone was trying to take over the band and he had to "defend" himself which led him in charge, it just sounds like paranoia to me. A whole host of people have stated it was all just in Axl's mind and Alan Niven said "Slash could barely even run a bath let alone take over a band". I just hate how a large majority of people on GNR boards take Axl's words as if it were the bible and blame attatched to him is immediately false, remember there is 3 sides to every story not just 1!

i don't think axl comes off as bitter. and he wasn't bad mouthing izzy. he was just stating facts.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2009, 01:34:09 PM »

Told u guys when Axl started doing interviews he would talk a bout the old band etc.

So much for the "No Comment" stuff right?

to be fair,when you have guys like adler in the media who hype up reunions constantly and fake media whores like slash who says whatever he thinks will be popular opinion, things need to be addressed.

Believe me, I'm hoping the next Axl interview is a song-by-song disection of the album with his thoughts on each track where he doesnt' even have to mention the word slash.

Axl answer what he wants, to what questions he get.

If he gets the question about Slash, and a reunion, he may want to give an answer that dont create speculations..
What if Axl had answerd "no comment" to a question about reunion.. then the speculations would be out there right away..

I think its nice to see that Axl says what he what he have on his heart...

Exactly and that was my point when the old members were asked questions about Axl. Its best to just give an answer and move on then say "no comment"

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2009, 01:36:14 PM »

Its best to just give an answer and move on then say "no comment"

Maybe it's better to say "no comment" because your stories keep changing....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2009, 01:38:09 PM »

I think axl has given the best answers. decisive and honest
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2009, 01:38:12 PM »

He's human.  

It seems that somehow a lot of us feel that celebrities are more than human and don't (or shouldn't) react to situations the same way that we do.  If you had a band and your buddy pissed all over it, you'd probably be a bit pissed off too right?

I certainly don't want to see 12 months of interviews of Axl bashing Slash, but I say let's let Axl throw in his 2 cents too.  He's been silent for so long on these issues when others haven't been.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2009, 01:42:11 PM »

Still though, if u are doing a 10 minute radio interview, and the guy asks a question, saying no comment will only fuel the thirst and u will then get bombarded with thousands of questions a different way.

when u say "No Comment" I for one interpret that negatively.

I have no problem with Axl giving his side of the story. I just hope that every interview isn't about this. He has made his point about the reunion, I think it takes away from the new stuff by constantly bashing the old.

I agree with Axl on the UYI drums but I think he is way off on the AFD drumming. I think that drumming really gives those songs life and an energy/attitude that most rock songs lack.

Also, what about the Chicago UYI sessions where everyone talked about how Axl never showed up for them? I'd like to see which side of that story is true.

Agree with Axl and I've been saying it for years how difficult it must have been working with a drugged up Slash and Izzy and getting everyone to work together.

I've always been in his corner on that one.

How about the Kurt Loder interview where he complimented Slash's playing and talked how no one can recreate old Guns but Slash or something like that. He then goes on to diss him and his playing which makes no sense at all.

If people think GNR would be what they are today without the 5 guys collectively, i think u are wrong.

If Axl was singing over LA Gun or Poison riffs, he wouldn't be the legend he is today.

This forum and even Axl in my opinion underestimate just how great the MUSIC on those albums are and how just not anybody can write that kind of stuff.

without the old guys, u wouldn't have anything on Appetite but Anything Goes, Back off Bitch and November Rain without the epic solos
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 01:43:49 PM by D » Logged

izzbo
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2009, 01:45:13 PM »

i agree, what the fuck was all that pish about robert john, and how is it relevant or even remotely interesting to anybody, besides Axls lawyer and accountant! talking in riddles to try and sound intelligent, and avoid litigation most of the time i think. Which again highlights his obsession with the law.

Actually I've been wondering what the deal was w/Robert for a while so this was actually the most interesting part of the interview for me (along w/the Robin being interested in touring part).

-= iZzBo =-
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2009, 01:52:11 PM »

If you go back and look at some of the interviews Axl did in the 90s, you might notice how they're not exactly focusing on promoting the album at the time.

Were you disappointed when that 1992 Rolling Stone interview was published and he didn't just talk about the Use Your Illusion albums?

when u say "No Comment" I for one interpret that negatively.

I wouldn't be surprised if some are afraid of pissing off the journalists so they just play along and answer.

Axl on the other hand doesn't seem to be afraid of saying what he thinks, even if it pissed people off.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2009, 01:53:47 PM »

i'll be the first to say it then... you're a hater.  for so long, everyone has bitched that axl hasn't given interviews.  so he decides to finally give them, and you're mad because he isn't saying what you want him to say.  well t.s.  he's answering the questions posed by the interviewer.  i'm sorry he didn't have time to run everything by you personally so you would be happy.  

for too long, slash has been a cancer in gnr and the music world at large.  FACT:  he is a media whore.  you try and make fun of anyone who happens to believe axl is honest by saying that axl's word isn't the bible.  well no, it's not and nobody's saying that.  but when we're talking about GUNS N' ROSES, the band that axl rose legally owns and is the front man of, then his word is the closest thing you can get to the bible.  so accept it.  or be a hater, and diss axl for not thinking and feeling and saying exactly what you want him to say.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2009, 01:55:05 PM »

What does Slash do exactly that makes him a media whore??

I just want to know what constitutes that

no arguing, just curious as to your opinion.

Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2009, 01:59:42 PM »

cool interview I like the attitude and straight shooting. I just wish he would talk about the new band and band members more. I think everyone is over the old days, especially since the casual gnr fan now sees how good the band/ album is, where as before they would be like ...wheres slash?.  lets focus on the present.

PS

I wonder what happened with that better video, i guess we can put that one to rest now as well.

Cant wait to see the band live again soon.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2009, 02:00:31 PM »

I thought it was interesting how he talked about how he'd let Duff play guitar on a song?? I know Duff was a guitar player before joining GNR, maybe he join them for Patience or something?

Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2009, 02:01:03 PM »

I just want to know what constitutes that

no arguing, just curious as to your opinion.

Jam with fergie,?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2009, 02:01:40 PM »

Really?

You can't figure it out why some would think he's one?

All those photo opportunities at award shows/galas and whatnot doesn't give a clue?

I'm just guessing, but a lot of that stuff has very little to do with his music.... Which is what made him famous in the first place. It's more about being seen and getting publicity.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: