Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:31:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 124268 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #580 on: March 02, 2009, 05:54:47 PM »

To disagree is fine and is the basis of all forums survival, but you just seem to have an alteria motive towards certain people with no explanation.

No explanation?

The guy you jumped in to defend starts posting about how mediocre the GN'R album is (hello?) and then reports posts telling him to go to a Slash forum.

What did he expect would happen?

You play with fire and so on...

Sorry if you think I'm here to defend Slash fans who don't like GN'R. Maybe I haven't been clear enough what this site is about and whose fans it's for.

Fair enough our opinions differ but it was you who made it personal, as you have done with everyone else who thought Axl saying "Cancer" was too far. You bring up irrelevant nonsense that is void of the subject matter (much like your making me do here) and end up trying to be a victor on a forum which is equivelent to winning scrabble against a dyslexic person aka it means nothing. Your just determined to get a personal victory and if your that insecure that you have to do that then fine battle away all you want if thats what it takes to keep you "happy", it's the least of my worries.

I don't care about victories.

If I see something I don't agree with, I say so.

I don't sugar coat shit to make you feel better. I say what I think.

Maybe it hurts your feelings because you spent 15 minutes typing a post that you think is awesome and then I jump in to tell you you're wrong.

Sorry about that, but that's how I am. I try get to the point as quickly as possible.

So I might skip the congratulations on making an excellent post and so on.

By egotistical, I was referring to how you try to build yourself up while bringing anyone you don't like down with childish mind games knowing everyone will follow your lead cause your in charge. If you think this upsets me then I personally feel sorry for you and your view of life.

Obviously your view on what I do isn't based in reality.

The so called mind games are my opinions.

Bashing on people such as younggunner & D just shows off how uncontrolled this forum can be. Whether or not you disagree with D or younggunner, you've gotta agree JimBob and others were way out of line with there posts and on any other matter would result in negative karma which to be honest is making you look bad for allowing things like that to accure yet punishing others with different views.

It's funny you bring up all these personal attacks and haven't even mentioned all the shit I've been called.

See your saying Axl can get away with it cause he's Axl, take the music away and he sounds bitter and slightly cold-hearted.

We (You, Me & everyone else) don't know how they live there lives or what they do and why should we, just try to be more balanced with your replies instead of stating things you have no thought of knowing for certain.

Great that you just showed me an example of what I've been saying all along.

We don't know anything about Axl's life. We don't have to deal with the things he has to since none of us sing in a huge band.

So instead of just pointing fingers and saying "he shouldn't have done that!", I keep an open mind. I know that it's not easy for me to relate because I don't know the full story or have all the facts.

But do you? You just label him "bitter".  When I point out that maybe if you lived his life, you'd say worse things, you get upset that I disagree....

Does that make you balanced?

I don't pretend to be objective, balanced and whatever else you want to call it.

I don't know when it became such a must for a fan to be objective. If you're a fan of something, where is the rule that you have to be objective? I don't get it. I guess it all comes down to the fact that in order to be "cool" and "respected" on the Internet, you have to be objective and bash your "favorite" band so nobody figures out you're one of those lame fan boys!!1!!111!!!!!

In my opinion, it's ok to be biased. It's kinda expected.

Nobody expects a Yankees fan to have a 100% objective view on the Red Sox! And they probably love their own team more than those who are outsiders.

Why would you start listening to your favorite band's new album with the attitude that "let's see what sucks on this one?" or go to a show thinking "let's see what I can find to complain about?"?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #581 on: March 02, 2009, 06:32:34 PM »

That is BS Jarmo. When have I ever Insulted you?

A Rod gets his ass booed out of the stadium by Yankee Fans. Cause 99 percent of fans are objective and aren't afraid to voice their opinion when they feel it is necessary.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 06:34:46 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #582 on: March 02, 2009, 06:33:55 PM »

What I meant was, he was upset that you were insulted.

But has he been defending me or posting about how wrong it is to insult me?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #583 on: March 02, 2009, 06:35:31 PM »

To be honest I'm getting bored arguing with you cause it's getting neither of us anywhere and is pretty pathetic really.

One thing I would just like point out:

Gotta say you calling VR below average music didn't stop you going to see them live did it? I'm just saying.

No, it didn't.

Seeing them live just proved it even more how great Axl truly is.  Smiley

/jarmo

Now thats not what you say here:

VR did a great show and added "Bodies" as the last song which was a nice surprise. Duff and Slash seemed to be having a great time, both were smiling a lot.

VR came on and played a great show with a nice surprise at the end. A cover of The Doors' "Five To One".

/jarmo

Aren't Admins & Mods meant to be mature and understanding? You just seem to try and make everything personal when people try to either make a point or give there opinions in a controlled post.

Yes, I can be understanding. But not when a hypocritical troll tries to act like he's a victim.

Ah never has this been more fitting.

I'm interested to see what your excuse is this time?  Roll Eyes

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #584 on: March 02, 2009, 06:41:11 PM »

What I meant was, he was upset that you were insulted.

But has he been defending me or posting about how wrong it is to insult me?

/jarmo

Gotcha ok

Here is my thing and I hope people read this. I, of course, Don't enjoy being insulted and called names. Now if I was some blatant Axl hater who just came on here and said Axl Sucks, Slash is the best, he needs to shut up, CD sucks etc. Sure, I deserve to be smacked.

I don't feel I do that. I have agreed with Axl when I feel he is right, but I don't think I have to agree with him if I honestly don't agree with him.

I am just maybe too objective. Maybe it is my personality, I don't know, but I assure u, I am that way with everything. I am objective when I feel Axl is wrong, I am the first to say how shitty I think it is when Slash plays with Fergie or does something else. I am the first to say How embarrassed I am when Bon Jovi did American Idol, country album etc etc When my favorite NBA team traded a great young up and coming guy for a Hall Of Famer on his last legs and our team goes to shit, I don't say make excuses for that, I am honest and say u know what? that was a bad trade.

For me, that isn't trying to  be a detractor or hate on what I like, I just don't always love and agree with everything. Doesn't mean I am any less of a fan, I am just a different type with a different outlook and I am not sure one way is better than the other.

If I disagree with my best friend over something we don't stop being friends so I don't know why everyone jumps people's ass on here, when they question a thing or two Axl does.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #585 on: March 02, 2009, 06:44:41 PM »

To be honest I'm getting bored arguing with you cause it's getting neither of us anywhere and is pretty pathetic really.

Exactly. When you don't have the answers, it's pathetic and the best thing to do is to pretend nothing has happened!

VR did a great show and added "Bodies" as the last song which was a nice surprise. Duff and Slash seemed to be having a great time, both were smiling a lot.

VR came on and played a great show with a nice surprise at the end. A cover of The Doors' "Five To One".

So?

What's your point?

I'll spell it out for you. At the time, that's what I though.

Then I happened to see GN'R in 2006 and the reference system kinda changed.

I realized what I had been missing all those years and all the hyped substitutes didn't matter anymore!

As I said, more of the usual personal shit from you.

The wrestling fans stick together!  yes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 06:49:45 PM by jarmo » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #586 on: March 02, 2009, 06:50:54 PM »

Exactly. When you don't have the answers, it's pathetic and the best thing to do is to pretend nothing has happened!

So?

What's your point?

I'll spell it out for you. At the time, that's what I though.

Then I happened to see GN'R in 2006 and the reference system kinda changed.

I realized what I had been missing all those years and all the hyped substitutes didn't matter anymore!

As I said, more of the usual personal shit from you.

The wrestling fans stick together!  yes

/jarmo

No No, actually the wrestling fans hate me more than the Axl fans. Tongue

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #587 on: March 02, 2009, 06:53:13 PM »

Now if I was some blatant Axl hater who just came on here and said Axl Sucks, Slash is the best, he needs to shut up, CD sucks etc. Sure, I deserve to be smacked.

Maybe not a total Axl hater but most defiantly a Robin hater. I don't think I have ever seen you say any nice things about him, and whenever someone does or say they prefer Robin to slash, you always put Robin down. So you can't say you are always objective.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #588 on: March 02, 2009, 06:55:02 PM »

It's so ridiculous how these people choose to focus on me when they don't have anything to say. It seems like it's the Slash fans, which makes sense since the same thing happens in the VR section.

Predictable.  ok

What the fuck does that fact that I saw VR live in London four years ago have to do with this interview?

Oooh, it proves my undying love for Slash. I got it!

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #589 on: March 02, 2009, 06:57:49 PM »

Now if I was some blatant Axl hater who just came on here and said Axl Sucks, Slash is the best, he needs to shut up, CD sucks etc. Sure, I deserve to be smacked.

Maybe not a total Axl hater but most defiantly a Robin hater. I don't think I have ever seen you say any nice things about him, and whenever someone does or say they prefer Robin to slash, you always put Robin down. So you can't say you are always objective.

Absolutely and it has nothing at all to do with Slash I promise. There are people in music that you just don't click with. It has nothing to do with Robin Personally, I like his stage presence and think he is a very cool guy. I just honest to God hate his guitar style. There are tons of guitar players that I don't like their style. I mean I absolutely would rather watch Paint Dry than listen to any of Joe Perry's Guitar Solos from the 90's and I love Aerosmith.

It is just a personal taste thing.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #590 on: March 02, 2009, 07:01:50 PM »

It's so ridiculous how these people choose to focus on me when they don't have anything to say. It seems like it's the Slash fans, which makes sense since the same thing happens in the VR section.

Predictable.  ok

What the fuck does that fact that I saw VR live in London four years ago have to do with this interview?

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

no, it proves that you can change right? so why aren't other people allowed to change their opinions? Maybe Slash hated Axl in 1997 but doesn't in 2009?

I got called two faced and all sorts of shit because I didn't really like the guitar playing 2 months ago, but a month later I make a post saying I now like most of it and all of a sudden I am this two faced hypocrite whatever.

U have your right to change your mind on VR or whatever, but I think other people should be allowed the same without consequence.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #591 on: March 02, 2009, 07:04:30 PM »

Absolutely and it has nothing at all to do with Slash I promise. There are people in music that you just don't click with. It has nothing to do with Robin Personally, I like his stage presence and think he is a very cool guy. I just honest to God hate his guitar style. There are tons of guitar players that I don't like their style. I mean I absolutely would rather watch Paint Dry than listen to any of Joe Perry's Guitar Solos from the 90's and I love Aerosmith.

No it's a you think your better then him thing which doesn't make you objective at all.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #592 on: March 02, 2009, 07:15:39 PM »

Predictable.  ok

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

no, it proves that you can change right? so why aren't other people allowed to change their opinions? Maybe Slash hated Axl in 1997 but doesn't in 2009?

I got called two faced and all sorts of shit because I didn't really like the guitar playing 2 months ago, but a month later I make a post saying I now like most of it and all of a sudden I am this two faced hypocrite whatever.

U have your right to change your mind on VR or whatever, but I think other people should be allowed the same without consequence.

Couldn't have said it better!

Ok Jarmo, lets just end this debating. Lets just act like grown men and just agree to disagree, agreed?

No it's a you think your better then him thing which doesn't make you objective at all.

I'm sorry that is just ridiculous, he just said he didn't like his style of playing just like I really don't like Joe Satriani's playing style but I still have alot of respect for him, it really IS down to your own personal taste. Your just looking for arguments with that statement.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #593 on: March 02, 2009, 07:16:24 PM »

That is a whole nother can of worms that I'd rather not get back into. Someone insulted me and something I take seriously, so it turned into a giant pissing contest.

Music is one of the most subjective things in the world. Look at how many people don't like GNR for Christ's sake. I mean music doesn't always appeal to ones ear as it does to another.

Robin has his moments here and there. His Better Solo is great but Im not a fan of how he plays the old stuff and I'm not a fan of some of his other solos on the album. He has a herky/jerky kind of thing where its like he tries to be Too fancy where it isn't required. I just don't feel that emotional connection, Bucket I feel unbelievably well and Ron on most songs not named Catcher.
Once again, I don't hate Robin. I think he is fucking awesome when I see him play live with NIN.

I mean shit, I fucking hate U2 with a passion also. I mean it is just different strokes for different folks.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 07:18:56 PM by D » Logged

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #594 on: March 02, 2009, 07:44:50 PM »

Oh sure, that makes the constant law suits make total sense.

"Hey Bro! I don't hate you anymore! Here, have a lawsuit! ok"

Roll Eyes
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #595 on: March 02, 2009, 07:48:39 PM »

Oh sure, that makes the constant law suits make total sense.

"Hey Bro! I don't hate you anymore! Here, have a lawsuit! ok"

Roll Eyes

Even if those lawsuits don't represent Slash's sense of animosity towards Axl, they will, at the very least, not help dissipate any lingering feelings of hostility between the two.  It's like having a wound and continually picking at the scab instead of letting it go and allowing it to heal.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #596 on: March 02, 2009, 07:51:03 PM »

To be fair, u nor I know anything about what was behind those lawsuits.

One can say though, Since they don't have a relationship to pick up the phone and discuss stuff with one another, lawsuits may be the only way to get certain information right?

If I am owed X amount of dollars, and I don't receive X amount of dollars that I have received on time for the last however many years, U are damned right I am gonna sue and find out what is going on.

Doesn't mean anything malicious happened. What are they suppose to do? Ok, never mind our Royalty checks, u keep them, we don't want to offend you by suing. Come on, who the hell would do that?

What also is forgotten is, they share equal partnerships I assume in all the old Appetite material. So if Axl is turning down Film offers without consulting the other former publishing holders, that also is grounds to sue.

So unless they sued him for some frivolous shit I don't know about, if they did and u know about it, let me know, I think those were pretty justified.

Might I add, they dropped them also once they got the answers they were looking for right?

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #597 on: March 02, 2009, 08:00:59 PM »

If I am owed X amount of dollars, and I don't receive X amount of dollars that I have received on time for the last however many years, U are damned right I am gonna sue and find out what is going on.

Or you could just pick up the phone and call the agency responsible for allocating those funds.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #598 on: March 02, 2009, 08:03:23 PM »

Maybe they tried and found out their royalty company got switched without their knowledge?

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #599 on: March 02, 2009, 08:07:15 PM »

So suing Axl helps the situation how?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35 Go Up Print