Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:49:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 124542 times)
Annie
« Reply #560 on: March 02, 2009, 04:22:50 PM »

Aren't Admins & Mods meant to be mature and understanding? You just seem to try and make everything personal when people try to either make a point or give there opinions in a controlled post.

Yes, I can be understanding. But not when a hypocritical troll tries to act like he's a victim.

Gotta say you calling VR below average music didn't stop you going to see them live did it? I'm just saying.

No, it didn't.

Seeing them live just proved it even more how great Axl truly is.  Smiley

Maybe if you're lucky, Del will interview me next time so we can talk more about what bands I've seen live etc.? You know, since you Slash fans seem so hell bent on talking about me. If it's not in your own little section then it's here in the GN'R section.

* fingers crossed *

/jarmo
Jarmo I think that you should ask him to do just that.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #561 on: March 02, 2009, 04:32:03 PM »

Wow, thanks for proving my point of how egotistical and self-satisfying you have to act like in order to keep face.....God forbid somebody disagrees with you!  nervous

You're the one who started talking about me, not me.  ok

Me answering your bullshit makes me egoistical? All right. Weird definition of the word, but whatever.

Maybe if you didn't reply to my post with the VR bullshit, I wouldn't have made that post in the first place?

If somebody disagrees with me why can't I tell them I disagree? Why does it upset you? Why is it that I'm not allowed to disagree with any posters, especially those who are fans of Slash? Could you please explain that, and try not to point out all my faults because really it's not the topic of the discussion?

If you believe in your opinion, shouldn't you be able to stand for it instead of trying to insult me and post all this off topic nonsense about what shows I've gone to?

You post on a message board and get upset because I reply to your posts saying I don't agree with you? What the fuck do you expect? A cookie?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Annie
« Reply #562 on: March 02, 2009, 04:35:55 PM »

I want a cookie. Cheesy
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #563 on: March 02, 2009, 04:40:10 PM »

If you don't think I would've liked to have five 'Appetites' and been living like the Stones at the time, you're high. With that, any other avenue I hoped to pursue musically would more than likely been available as well.

can someone explain this to me? I am not sure what Axl is trying to say here...

homo homini lupus...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #564 on: March 02, 2009, 04:42:26 PM »

I saw VR live and they stunk, I saw GnR live and it was the best concert i've seen.  Its quite simple !
Same here. I didn't even bother to come close to the stage, as it was really a downer to watch them playing Its So Easy (and many were saying "it's how it was meant to be played").

In this thread I would like to state that its great that both Robin and Brain r not going anywhere.
+2

I am making a scene?

How? By trying to lend some unbiased viewpoints
Stopped reading there.

slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #565 on: March 02, 2009, 05:03:08 PM »

Wow, thanks for proving my point of how egotistical and self-satisfying you have to act like in order to keep face.....God forbid somebody disagrees with you!  nervous

You're the one who started talking about me, not me.  ok

Me answering your bullshit makes me egoistical? All right. Weird definition of the word, but whatever.

Maybe if you didn't reply to my post with the VR bullshit, I wouldn't have made that post in the first place?

If somebody disagrees with me why can't I tell them I disagree? Why does it upset you? Why is it that I'm not allowed to disagree with any posters, especially those who are fans of Slash? Could you please explain that, and try not to point out all my faults because really it's not the topic of the discussion?

If you believe in your opinion, shouldn't you be able to stand for it instead of trying to insult me and post all this off topic nonsense about what shows I've gone to?

You post on a message board and get upset because I reply to your posts saying I don't agree with you? What the fuck do you expect? A cookie?

/jarmo

To disagree is fine and is the basis of all forums survival, but you just seem to have an alteria motive towards certain people with no explanation.

Fair enough our opinions differ but it was you who made it personal, as you have done with everyone else who thought Axl saying "Cancer" was too far. You bring up irrelevant nonsense that is void of the subject matter (much like your making me do here) and end up trying to be a victor on a forum which is equivelent to winning scrabble against a dyslexic person aka it means nothing. Your just determined to get a personal victory and if your that insecure that you have to do that then fine battle away all you want if thats what it takes to keep you "happy", it's the least of my worries.

By egotistical, I was referring to how you try to build yourself up while bringing anyone you don't like down with childish mind games knowing everyone will follow your lead cause your in charge. If you think this upsets me then I personally feel sorry for you and your view of life.

Bashing on people such as younggunner & D just shows off how uncontrolled this forum can be. Whether or not you disagree with D or younggunner, you've gotta agree JimBob and others were way out of line with there posts and on any other matter would result in negative karma which to be honest is making you look bad for allowing things like that to accure yet punishing others with different views.

Yes I am a fan of Slash and that is the reason I started playing guitar but I'm also a huge BBF fan aswell as BH so you do realise it is possible to be a fan of VR, GN'R (Old & New)? I have saw VR live & new GN'R live and have loved both, I make a point not to compare both and not pick a favourite or jump on the bandwagon of whatever the majority like.

The music is all that matters and I think thats were alot of people have missed the point and defended people they don't even know (Axl, Slash) just because they love the music. See your saying Axl can get away with it cause he's Axl, take the music away and he sounds bitter and slightly cold-hearted. We (You, Me & everyone else) don't know how they live there lives or what they do and why should we, just try to be more balanced with your replies instead of stating things you have no thought of knowing for certain.

Now I hope everyone can just get on with this without insulting or giving unwarrented posts such as wishing harm upon a persons life which is just dispicable.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #566 on: March 02, 2009, 05:08:46 PM »

I saw VR live and they stunk, I saw GnR live and it was the best concert i've seen.  Its quite simple !
Same here. I didn't even bother to come close to the stage, as it was really a downer to watch them playing Its So Easy (and many were saying "it's how it was meant to be played").

In this thread I would like to state that its great that both Robin and Brain r not going anywhere.
+2

I am making a scene?

How? By trying to lend some unbiased viewpoints
Stopped reading there.

WOW, that is really hysterical

I am biased?

Are u the pot or the kettle? Jesus

This whole fucking thread is biased one way or the other

I think I am one of the few that has had ANY objectivity and that is really scary.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #567 on: March 02, 2009, 05:11:52 PM »

so whose side are you on? don't be sissy.

Bashing on people such as younggunner & D just shows off how uncontrolled this forum can be. Whether or not you disagree with D or younggunner, you've gotta agree JimBob and others were way out of line with there posts and on any other matter would result in negative karma which to be honest is making you look bad for allowing things like that to accure yet punishing others with different views.

somewhat jim bob, others and myself manage to have more negative karmas than you.  Tongue
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #568 on: March 02, 2009, 05:14:13 PM »

why does one have to be on one side or they other???

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #569 on: March 02, 2009, 05:15:06 PM »

If you don't think I would've liked to have five 'Appetites' and been living like the Stones at the time, you're high. With that, any other avenue I hoped to pursue musically would more than likely been available as well.

I think he's saying that he could have done five albums like Appetite (had the old Guns songwriting process not broken down) and then had the success and money to do anything he wanted in a different direction. To me, he had that option anyway and that's pretty much what he did. So I'm still lost too.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #570 on: March 02, 2009, 05:16:22 PM »

Exactly my point. Some just feel obligated to defend at any given time.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #571 on: March 02, 2009, 05:19:46 PM »

nope you don't have to. but if you weren't on either side, why should you comment on the axl vs slash issue?
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #572 on: March 02, 2009, 05:21:04 PM »

Just cause you don't choose a side doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on things both have said / done.

Annie
« Reply #573 on: March 02, 2009, 05:24:19 PM »

I think he means that he would have liked to continue being part of the biggest rock band on the planet . If they had continued with as much commercial success he would have more freedom to pursue other avenues.  The other members of the band were just too dysfunctional to continue. I have said this before, AXL ROSE is the heart and soul of GNR! And i will always be proud to be on TEAM AXL. Now give me my cookie!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #574 on: March 02, 2009, 05:27:26 PM »

I think I am one of the few that has had ANY objectivity and that is really scary.
Scary is how you think you're being objectivity when say things like that:

Axl talking about Detractors and media and fans Building up HYPE. Here he is promising a SRV type solo from Robin.

I have heard Robin do live solos and on CD and I don't see how he possibly could pull something like that off. People have heard the great SRV play right? So when we do hear this solo and if it doesn't quite meet expectation, I guess it will be our faults again for hyping it up.

So, let's talk about objectivity.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #575 on: March 02, 2009, 05:29:19 PM »

Why not?

Annie
« Reply #576 on: March 02, 2009, 05:30:54 PM »

Why not?
Just because we are too passionate to stay neutral.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #577 on: March 02, 2009, 05:36:26 PM »

Just cause you don't choose a side doesn't mean you can't have an opinion on things both have said / done.

Yes and the opinion sides.
Annie
« Reply #578 on: March 02, 2009, 05:38:07 PM »

Great observation! beer
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #579 on: March 02, 2009, 05:42:50 PM »

No not really cause it goes form the topic at hand not as a whole .

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: