Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:15:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 124769 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #500 on: March 02, 2009, 05:14:35 AM »

Well, for me, i don't really get it how neither Axl nor Slash seem to take responsibility for their actions. Slash is too busy trying to be portrayed as the victim and nice guy, while axl just loves to give hell to everyone and say how he never did anything wrong and everyone was just out to get him, which may be true regarding some aspects, but in others he just sounds like a mad man ranting in the rain. and i'm just calling it as i see it.

I don't really trust one or another. first of all because everyone lies to save their ass, and it amuses me to see how some people in here just takes sides based on what either slash or axl recollects from the breaking of the band or their continued battles. it's just non sense. To put aside rational thinking and trusting someone else's version of events is just silly and makes me laugh or think you guys are "cucu" and are taking this a little too far.

the way i see it, axl came off harsh, because, if i read correctly he tried to bring slash down on his playing, and slash may be a lot of things, but he's a damn guitar legend for sure. you can't take anything from him, even if you don't appreciate his last projects. because, all things considered, the same thing could be told about axl, a lot of people hate him for his change in musical style, however i still see him for what he is, a great performer, even with all his faults.

i find it ridiculous that many can't really see the difference between liking the music and liking the musician himself. i love gn'r, old and current version, but i don't really know them, the only three people that seem, from interview,s i could be friends with are duff, bumble and Robin, and that's just based on how they come off, but that's just a big assumption on my part and i take it for what it is. All the others i can't really tell. but i don't make an effort to try to take sides or like someone else's view on the world or people. We are music fans, we like the music. these things are the ugly part of music.

i loved reading Axl's take on all of it, and it's his side and it's a valid point of view. but at the end of the day, i couldn't care less. i like the current gn'r and i like the music and that's all that matters.

if  i could or should make a remark about his interview, i'd only ask him to spend more time talking about his current band members, the process of recording, how they get along, how it's like to share the studio with them and letting them do interviews as well, because the past is buried and it's gonna be that way, but the current incarnation of GN'R needs more press and attention. they don't even have a video for god's sake.

But i do get why this is so important for axl, he did keep himself quite for so many years, it's his turn to speak.

but let's not forget, for anyone to try to really say what happened between Axl and Slash and who's wrong or Right, is just crazy. it strictly depends on who you believe, but given the fact that they're both trying to save their asses in the press, i 'm not gonna take any sides cuz none of this is objective, nor relevant.

the cool part of the interview for me was Robin has an interest to tour with them and he has a solo that sounds like SRV, now that's something i like to hear.

hopefully we'll see them tour this summer and many of us htgth members will meet again and enjoy the great time it was back in 2006 in europe.

Cheers

best post of this thread, I agree with the vast majority of what you say. ok

thanks  ok

Chinese Democracy!
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #501 on: March 02, 2009, 05:59:15 AM »

So let me get this straight:
If Axl dont like the drums of Matt, why did he release ithe albums? Maybe he changed his mind later, but still...?? You should stand by your decisions regardless.

If he dident like Slash as a guitarist why did he work with him for 11 years? And why thank him for killer guitar work?
And I am kind of dissapointed that he have used almost every interview to bash on Slash, and a little bit on mostly all former members insted of promoting the new band more, and the new music.

Its a bit funny that a LOT of people in here have jumped on Slash/former members when they mentions Axls name, (even if it is mostly the reporters asking questions, and I can understand that reporters also will ask Axl about Slash, just like they ask Slash about Axl, but here he choose his long time friend to do the interview, maybe because he trusts Del but also to try controling the questions in the directions Axl wanted, right? So this time Axl himself wanted to talk mostly about Slash.. I dont mind it so much, but both Axl and Slash kind of scamed the whole fanbase during all the years they played together, selling themselves as a team, a band, a group of friends like a gang, when they for the most part hated and fucked eachothers all the time...

Also: The only one in the whole fucking industry saying a lot of nagative stuff consistantly over and over againg about Slash is Axl, but a bunch of people from the industry, former partners, friends, wives, girlfriends, bandmates, producers, managers, tour staff and so on have said shit about Axl, so maybe it is something wrong with him? I dont know anything more than what I read and hear, but the general picture is as I described.

For me, Im slowly loosing more and more respect for the whole GnR shit right now, because its a soap opera, and as far as I have comprehended, They all talk shit, just with different wrapings.

I love 90% of everything released under the GnR name, I love 60-70% of anything released by Slash,Duff,Izzy, Gilby after GnR, and 50-60% of Velvet Revolver, so I have to hand them this: They have given me a lot of wonderfull music, and I will still enjoy that, but as a fan of them as induvidals, Im struggeling to keep the respect.

Many of us grew up with this band, and supported them anyway possible during a lot of years, but I guess it was based on a illusion (no pun intended).

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #502 on: March 02, 2009, 06:04:12 AM »

Smoking Guns, would be nice to see you replying to my post regarding Robin, but anyways... Your (and D's) nonsense about a hope for a reunion despite what Axl already said IMHO is just to stir shit up. You guys can't be serious when saying all this shit. If you want to push people into this kind of bullshit just for fun (as I think you're trying to do), I think you're both in serious trouble.

So let me get this straight:
If Axl dont like the drums of Matt, why did he release ithe albums? Maybe he changed his mind later, but still...?? You should stand by your decisions regardless.

If he dident like Slash as a guitarist why did he work with him for 11 years? And why thank him for killer guitar work?
Talk about twisting things up.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #503 on: March 02, 2009, 10:35:04 AM »

The 'negative' media has portrayed CD as a flop - despite 2.6 mil sold, almost unpromoted - besides 'fuck you' what do you have to say to them? 

Ok, i know this is slightly off topic but isnt the name "Guns N Roses" enough promotion!  what else does he need!  Its also his own fault if he chooses not to promote his own album.  Its always the same with Axl!  Ranting about how slash and Izzy were trying to take over the band, ranting about record labels etc etc etc.  Guns n Roses nowadays, is Axl, cos thats how Axl always wanted it!  And now that he has it, he isn't exactly setting the world on fire.  What could have possibly taking 15 years to make an average album?  Why no video or tour?  Who is even in the band!? 

I for one have totally lost interest in this mess while I sat back and watched VR form, release 2 albums, tour the world and break up.  They'll probably have a new singer, album and world tour before Axl starts touring.

peace out! Smiley

It's far from an average album.
yeah it must be axl's fault that cd was the third best selling rock album worldwide in 2008.

so by saying you've totally lost interest, you admit that you post here only to bash them.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #504 on: March 02, 2009, 10:50:29 AM »

It's far from an average album.
yeah it must be axl's fault that cd was the third best selling rock album worldwide in 2008.

so by saying you've totally lost interest, you admit that you post here only to bash them.

I have every right to post my opinions.  Im a classic GNR line up fan and Im a fan of Slash.  Axl bashing Slash was outta line so I thought id put the facts out there.  CD is an average album in my opinion and im allowed to have that opinion.  How many good rock albums was there in 2008?  not many.  The old GNR were the biggest band in the world when there were  many other big bands around.  Now, they are 3rd despite a pathetic metallica still going on.

Also, my last comment was removed from this thread, censored if you will.  This thread is being edited in favour of Axl fan's.  simple as!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #505 on: March 02, 2009, 10:58:46 AM »

in favour of gnr fans. this is a gnr fan board, I'm afraid.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #506 on: March 02, 2009, 11:05:35 AM »

And Slash is a huge part of GNR!  And I love Guns n Roses too (Old line up).  But whats the fun in having a discussion if everyone agrees with everyone???  I have my own opinions that i can see have clearly being edited.  Jim Bob can say what he wants about anything and get away with it.  It doesn't make sense!  Somebody also made a comment about Jim Bobs extreme views and that also got deleted. 

Why bother debating?  Axl is God and 100% right and CD is a masterpiece! 

PS: thats what you call sarcasm!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #507 on: March 02, 2009, 11:09:03 AM »

^ Slash WAS a huge part. Get over it.

IMO, the fun is to have a discussion where I can find another GNR fan, not some people stucked in the past who tries way too hard to bring down the current band.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #508 on: March 02, 2009, 11:12:27 AM »

well, he hasn't exactly being replaced has he.  unless its by mediocrity.   Any GNR fan is allowed to discuss issue's here.  We're all entitled to our own opinions, even if that doesn't suit you. 

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #509 on: March 02, 2009, 11:13:36 AM »

Talk about being mediocre. You call it opinion, I call it spreading shit all over the thread.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #510 on: March 02, 2009, 11:14:16 AM »

well, he hasn't exactly being replaced has he.  unless its by mediocrity.   Any GNR fan is allowed to discuss issue's here.  We're all entitled to our own opinions, even if that doesn't suit you. 

You aren't a GnR fan.    You are a fan of what it used to be and a slash fan nervous Perhaps you should fuck off and find another site.  I don't wish to read any more of your garbage.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #511 on: March 02, 2009, 11:15:27 AM »

well, if you've read the entire thread, i wouldn't be the only one spreading shit, if thats what you call it.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #512 on: March 02, 2009, 11:19:14 AM »

You aren't a GnR fan.    You are a fan of what it used to be and a slash fan  Perhaps you should fuck off and find another site.  I don't wish to read any more of your garbage.

And your an Axl fan posting constant garbage about Slash! 

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #513 on: March 02, 2009, 11:20:45 AM »

The only reason anyone should be spending any time on a forum posting about a rock band is because they actually like the rock band.  If you don't like what it is, don't post on a freaking forum about it!  It's actually quite possible to live your life without being involved with the minute details of a band.  If the band currently consists of someone you don't like, or attitudes you don't approve of, then get the hell over it and find something else to waste your life on!

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #514 on: March 02, 2009, 11:21:43 AM »

yeah!!! like wasting your time tell other what to do.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #515 on: March 02, 2009, 11:22:34 AM »

and I'm presently a fan of GNR that are on cd.

well, if you've read the entire thread, i wouldn't be the only one spreading shit, if thats what you call it.
you mean people like smoking guns, d and so forth?
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #516 on: March 02, 2009, 11:22:52 AM »

yeah!!! like wasting your time tell other what to do.

.....and?  Anything else?

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #517 on: March 02, 2009, 11:26:36 AM »

I wonder what the respective IQs of Slash and Axl are?  Who has the longer penis?  Who could win in arm wrestling?

As far as pure guitar talent, Slash isn't a hack, but certainly not groundbreaking.  In trying to put out something more unique, I think Axl found two of the unsung heroes in modern day guitar with Bucket and Finck and brought them even more to light.  Fincks contributions with NIN stands alone, and Bucket has a ton of material that the majority of music listeners have not heard.

Slash was a throwback to the ol' gunslingers ie. Joe Perry and Jimmy Page, but he never rose to that level of talent, esp. as a songwriter. You can only ride the pentatonic scale for so long. He flamed out with UYI. TOO MUCH HEROIN.  Had a cool look though.

Chicago 11/15/11
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #518 on: March 02, 2009, 11:36:07 AM »

you mean people like smoking guns, d and so forth?

D and smoking guns had valid points.

Errr, try Jim Bob.

If I tried to post this thread in the VR section, it would get removed as its already posted here.  So i have to post here.  The fact that my opinion doesn't suit you guys, isn't my issue.  I wouldnt have posted in the first place only for the thread was full of slash bashing.  So i gave my opinion straight out.

deal with it!

Uber-Tech
Opening Act

« Reply #519 on: March 02, 2009, 11:38:02 AM »

it seems some fans have found wiggle room - once again (surprise!) - with the "if the music was right" comment.

Given some peoples' point of view on reunions, they'd find room to wiggle in a sardine tin.

^ Slash WAS a huge part. Get over it.

IMO, the fun is to have a discussion where I can find another GNR fan, not some people stucked in the past who tries way too hard to bring down the current band.

Absolutely.  Slash WAS a huge part of the original line-up, Appetite WAS a great album, November Rain WAS a great video.  Now it's time to move on.  Yes, some people don't like the new album, or think it's average.  Yes, some people will never be fans of anything but the old line-up, and that is all fine.  They are entitled to their opinion.  However, G N' R is what it is. 

Should you wish to discuss what G N' R isn't, or what it was, there is an area of this forum devoted to fans of the previous line-up.  There are also many forums around exclusively dedicated to the old line-up.

If you don't believe in yourself, don't expect others to.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: