Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:32:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 124737 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #480 on: March 01, 2009, 08:49:45 PM »

I say Slash,Duff,Steven do a song with a singer

Then Axl and his band do a song

but, would axl go for the other guys doing a song on the same night?

I think its more about who the ROFHOF invites to perform  Wink

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #481 on: March 01, 2009, 08:55:23 PM »

Quote from: Axl?s Billboard Q&A
In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

Give me a fucking break. What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man.

I think that pretty much says Axl isn?t interested in performing with Slash at the RnR HOF or anywhere else for that matter.  Roll Eyes

This thread was starting to read like Del interviewed Jarmo. hihi

Your obsession with me is special. Some would say creepy.

Steven, how many times did you get banned because of your obsession with me? You can say you don't care about me, but your posts say otherwise.

How many posts of yours in this thread are about the subject and how many are about me? How many of your total posts are aimed at me? How often do you post in a thread, only quoting my post to say that I'm wrong and not really adding anything else to the discussion?

Yes, it's true, I don't reply to your messages anymore. I admit that.

With that said, I'm not gonna replay to any more of your posts. I hope you get the fucking clue already.

Obviously the fact that I've ignored all your previous messages didn't get the message through.

/jarmo

its just about the facts, man. not about personal agendas, ego trips, etc. but with you, responding the way you do, it seems to many that for you that is all that it is about. if you were a man, you would allow others to disagree with your views. its really that simple. you bring up non sense and circular arguments that go nowhere except to your head. let people speak their minds, even if they do not agree with the high holy one...

Yeah, Jarmo.  It?s NOT about personal agendas, ego trips, etc.  I think maybe you?re just paranoid. no
adman2374 ONLY quoted and attacked you personally in 73 of his 179* posts.  (I couldn?t tell how many of the other 106 of his posts replied to something you posted because he didn?t quote you in those.)

*179 posts for this username only, not the others he?s used in the past

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #482 on: March 01, 2009, 08:58:41 PM »

A lot can happen in 3 years though.

So we will see once the HOF gets here.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #483 on: March 01, 2009, 09:01:57 PM »

what glimmer of hope?

I am just pointing out what he said

one minute he is saying one of them would die first, then he is saying if the music was great enough and now he is saying Slash is a cancer and better removed.................. SO what is he talking about?

A reunion with everybody but Slash? no reunion at all?

They way he writes is very confusing in parts.

Also Jim Bob, Axl isn't the one that determines who makes the hall of fame. They go by who in their opinion made the band what it is and I guarantee the old lineup will be in the Hall of fame. to debate that is just laughable.

Axl owns the name to GnR !  so how can the former members show up ?

That makes no difference at all! Requirements for the Hall of Fame are that you are not eligible till 25 years after their first release and the induct is for the people involved in that album and whoever they choose to invite (If approved by the commitee). It would make no sense if Axl was there just with the new lineup and lets face it he would get yet more critics for it. The others will turn up, Axl has already said he doesn't care much for it.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #484 on: March 01, 2009, 09:03:53 PM »

Apparently Axl's felt this way for the past 13 years.

I kinda doubt he's gonna feel differently in the next 3.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #485 on: March 01, 2009, 09:20:03 PM »

Who really gives a fuck about the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame anyway?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #486 on: March 01, 2009, 09:38:04 PM »

Majority of artist don't really think its much of a milestone so they don't go.  I bet Axl doesn't even show up when the times comes, won't bring me to tears as some other people.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #487 on: March 01, 2009, 11:42:23 PM »

Seriously.  It's such a joke.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #488 on: March 02, 2009, 12:14:29 AM »

Madonna fans?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #489 on: March 02, 2009, 12:20:11 AM »

Quote from: Axl?s Billboard Q&A
In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

Give me a fucking break. What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man.

I think that pretty much says Axl isn?t interested in performing with Slash at the RnR HOF or anywhere else for that matter.  Roll Eyes

This thread was starting to read like Del interviewed Jarmo. hihi

Your obsession with me is special. Some would say creepy.

Steven, how many times did you get banned because of your obsession with me? You can say you don't care about me, but your posts say otherwise.

How many posts of yours in this thread are about the subject and how many are about me? How many of your total posts are aimed at me? How often do you post in a thread, only quoting my post to say that I'm wrong and not really adding anything else to the discussion?

Yes, it's true, I don't reply to your messages anymore. I admit that.

With that said, I'm not gonna replay to any more of your posts. I hope you get the fucking clue already.

Obviously the fact that I've ignored all your previous messages didn't get the message through.

/jarmo

its just about the facts, man. not about personal agendas, ego trips, etc. but with you, responding the way you do, it seems to many that for you that is all that it is about. if you were a man, you would allow others to disagree with your views. its really that simple. you bring up non sense and circular arguments that go nowhere except to your head. let people speak their minds, even if they do not agree with the high holy one...

Yeah, Jarmo.  It?s NOT about personal agendas, ego trips, etc.  I think maybe you?re just paranoid. no
adman2374 ONLY quoted and attacked you personally in 73 of his 179* posts.  (I couldn?t tell how many of the other 106 of his posts replied to something you posted because he didn?t quote you in those.)

*179 posts for this username only, not the others he?s used in the past

I am the one that posed the question about one of them dying and I kind of feel honored it got to him to atleast think about it, eventhough it wasn't the answer I expected from a 46 year old, at least it was an answer.  I think he was clear about Slash, but, if the music WAS that good, I think he would change his mind. 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #490 on: March 02, 2009, 12:28:44 AM »

^ slash fans are so naive.  rofl

• slash or I will die before theres a reunion
  • slash is a cancer and the less we hear from him or his supporters the better
  • no collaboration with more than one ex-member at a time

lets go back to 2002, Axl wasn't lying when he said this.
"For the fans to attempt to condemn me to relationships even only professional with any of these men is a prison sentence and something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I'd say my parole is nearly over. I'm practically a free man and if you don't like it you'll have plenty of time to get used to the idea."

And yet here is Smoking Guns still coming to GnR boards saying a reunion of the classic lineup is possible.  rofl
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #491 on: March 02, 2009, 12:31:23 AM »

^ slash fans are so naive.  rofl

• slash or I will die before theres a reunion
  • slash is a cancer and the less we hear from him or his supporters the better
  • no collaboration with more than one ex-member at a time

lets go back to 2002, Axl wasn't lying when he said this.
"For the fans to attempt to condemn me to relationships even only professional with any of these men is a prison sentence and something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I'd say my parole is nearly over. I'm practically a free man and if you don't like it you'll have plenty of time to get used to the idea."

And yet here is Smoking Guns still coming to GnR boards saying a reunion of the classic lineup is possible.  rofl

I would say 99% of never happening..... But, until one dies, its not 100%.  I don't want one anyway, its obvious Axl hates Slash and just because the other exmembers love Slash, its not 100% and if you can't make your singer happy, the band is always doomed. 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #492 on: March 02, 2009, 12:34:38 AM »

I would say 99% of never happening..... But, until one dies, its not 100%.  I don't want one anyway, its obvious Axl hates Slash and just because the other exmembers love Slash, its not 100% and if you can't make your singer happy, the band is always doomed

especially when the singer owns the name of said band and holds the keys. 
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #493 on: March 02, 2009, 02:18:42 AM »

You should stop fueling some people's hopes (delusions) with all your shit ...

Don't you understand the words of Axl ? Isn't what he said 100% crystal clear ?

Roll Eyes

Long live GN'R !

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #494 on: March 02, 2009, 02:37:02 AM »

Roll Eyes

Long live GN'R !

People will believe what they want to believe, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #495 on: March 02, 2009, 02:37:23 AM »

Roll Eyes

Long live GN'R !

well if nothing else, hopefully these kinds of delusions will become less and less.

I believed Axl the first time he said it in 2002..  and have always considered these reunion guys to be living in some sort of fantasy land.       Its now been made very very clear, and most of these reunion types will either have to accept the facts or move on.

then we can look forward to seeing some more interviews about the current guys and the current songs.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #496 on: March 02, 2009, 02:43:18 AM »

He even said some of those things in his famous Serpico speech.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #497 on: March 02, 2009, 03:30:33 AM »

Nice Interview. This is one interview where I thought the interviewer asked exactly the right questions, especially regarding Finck and Brain.

Fuck 'Em All.
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #498 on: March 02, 2009, 04:31:50 AM »

Well, for me, i don't really get it how neither Axl nor Slash seem to take responsibility for their actions. Slash is too busy trying to be portrayed as the victim and nice guy, while axl just loves to give hell to everyone and say how he never did anything wrong and everyone was just out to get him, which may be true regarding some aspects, but in others he just sounds like a mad man ranting in the rain. and i'm just calling it as i see it.

I don't really trust one or another. first of all because everyone lies to save their ass, and it amuses me to see how some people in here just takes sides based on what either slash or axl recollects from the breaking of the band or their continued battles. it's just non sense. To put aside rational thinking and trusting someone else's version of events is just silly and makes me laugh or think you guys are "cucu" and are taking this a little too far.

the way i see it, axl came off harsh, because, if i read correctly he tried to bring slash down on his playing, and slash may be a lot of things, but he's a damn guitar legend for sure. you can't take anything from him, even if you don't appreciate his last projects. because, all things considered, the same thing could be told about axl, a lot of people hate him for his change in musical style, however i still see him for what he is, a great performer, even with all his faults.

i find it ridiculous that many can't really see the difference between liking the music and liking the musician himself. i love gn'r, old and current version, but i don't really know them, the only three people that seem, from interview,s i could be friends with are duff, bumble and Robin, and that's just based on how they come off, but that's just a big assumption on my part and i take it for what it is. All the others i can't really tell. but i don't make an effort to try to take sides or like someone else's view on the world or people. We are music fans, we like the music. these things are the ugly part of music.

i loved reading Axl's take on all of it, and it's his side and it's a valid point of view. but at the end of the day, i couldn't care less. i like the current gn'r and i like the music and that's all that matters.

if  i could or should make a remark about his interview, i'd only ask him to spend more time talking about his current band members, the process of recording, how they get along, how it's like to share the studio with them and letting them do interviews as well, because the past is buried and it's gonna be that way, but the current incarnation of GN'R needs more press and attention. they don't even have a video for god's sake.

But i do get why this is so important for axl, he did keep himself quite for so many years, it's his turn to speak.

but let's not forget, for anyone to try to really say what happened between Axl and Slash and who's wrong or Right, is just crazy. it strictly depends on who you believe, but given the fact that they're both trying to save their asses in the press, i 'm not gonna take any sides cuz none of this is objective, nor relevant.

the cool part of the interview for me was Robin has an interest to tour with them and he has a solo that sounds like SRV, now that's something i like to hear.

hopefully we'll see them tour this summer and many of us htgth members will meet again and enjoy the great time it was back in 2006 in europe.

Cheers

best post of this thread, I agree with the vast majority of what you say. ok

homo homini lupus...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #499 on: March 02, 2009, 04:45:30 AM »

That last part just totally throws me as I can't quite comprehend what it is he is saying.

He is asked about money, so obviously it would be limitation to his freedom of talking due to contracts.

Once someone put their money into you, partnerships, you got obligations and diverse intrests.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 04:47:02 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: