Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:01:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 124912 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #460 on: March 01, 2009, 03:32:29 PM »

Nice work dancing around the question. 

As I said, I won't play your blame game.

Everything you think is a mistake has a reason or reasons.

but doing this interview did nothing good for Axl, so I don't see how its a positive. 

Well I disagree.

Let's assume nothing good came out of it.

But if Axl wanted to get some shit off his chest, and he did, then that alone is a good thing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #461 on: March 01, 2009, 03:51:22 PM »

slash wrote nothing but lies and slander about axl in his stupid book.  he went out of his way to make axl look bad, and now he's getting his just desserts.  fuck slash.  fuck him in his lying, black heart.  he is nothing, and the only people who support him any more are only doing so to try and tear down axl and the amazing new music he's made.

I read Slash's book. I don't think he went out of his way to make Axl look bad at all. By comparison, I read an article in Metal Hammer magazine yesterday written by Mick Wall (remember him?). The article was supposed to be about the long making of Chinese Democracy, but half of it made references to Axl's "bizarre" behavior--psychics who told him who in the band was out to stab him in the back, and the so-called "dictatorship" Axl was running that forced out all the remaining members of old GN'R.

Slash has certainly underachieved since leaving Guns, but I don't think he's as vengeful a person as Axl's made him out to be. Just an opinion.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #462 on: March 01, 2009, 03:54:50 PM »

I feel bad for Axl can never please anyone.  People were complaining about no promotion or interviews, well he's gone on this message board and others and talked with the fans, plus two internet interviews Q&A and that's still not good enough.  Here he put's out Chinese Democracy and people complain that's its not new material cause half it leaked !  Axl can say all he wants about Slash ! I agree when Axl say's he's a cancer ! most interviews i've seen or read have him hating SCOM, or November Rain.  Those songs made Slash famous ! seems like things didn't go his way, he cry to the public about it.  Anyway's I don't wanna hear anymore negative Axl comments just because he opened up his personal opinion toward Saul Hudson.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #463 on: March 01, 2009, 04:00:34 PM »

I feel bad for Axl can never please anyone.  People were complaining about no promotion or interviews, well he's gone on this message board and others and talked with the fans, plus two internet interviews Q&A and that's still not good enough.  Here he put's out Chinese Democracy and people complain that's its not new material cause half it leaked !  Axl can say all he wants about Slash ! I agree when Axl say's he's a cancer ! most interviews i've seen or read have him hating SCOM, or November Rain.  Those songs made Slash famous ! seems like things didn't go his way, he cry to the public about it.  Anyway's I don't wanna hear anymore negative Axl comments just because he opened up his personal opinion toward Saul Hudson.

You what the problem is? Everyone wanted Axl to really spill about this stuff, I've read so many things over the years about Axl won't talk, blah blah. Then he sits down, and let's us all know exactly how he feels about Slash. But because what he said isn't what everyone wants to hear, they cry and bitch about it. They thought the heavens would part and Axl would profess his undying respect for Slash and the door to a reunion would be opened. Well guess what? It won't happen. You wanted Axl to speak, and he did. Just because he didn't give people what they wanted, everyone's all pissy now.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #464 on: March 01, 2009, 04:05:54 PM »

You what the problem is? Everyone wanted Axl to really spill about this stuff, I've read so many things over the years about Axl won't talk, blah blah. Then he sits down, and let's us all know exactly how he feels about Slash. But because what he said isn't what everyone wants to hear, they cry and bitch about it. They thought the heavens would part and Axl would profess his undying respect for Slash and the door to a reunion would be opened. Well guess what? It won't happen. You wanted Axl to speak, and he did. Just because he didn't give people what they wanted, everyone's all pissy now.

Very true. I guess they had to find out for themselves.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #465 on: March 01, 2009, 05:57:47 PM »

Wouldn't you make more money?

If the music was there, meaning new music, I can't say for sure right now -- and there have been market surveys, and various promoters have put together different projections and analysis that in areas where there could be more, it's not enough to sell your soul and live in hell the rest of your life for, that's definitely certain. But that's the catch, right, the music? If I believed in that as a reality which, no offense meant to anyone, I haven't seen anything in all these years to convince me or we'd be doing this interview under different circumstances of some sort, to say the least.

It's not some place I want to be or have any interest in being. If I believed in it in regard to the music, not in direction so much but in how it feels and to what degree, then maybe it'd be another story.
I'm in no way trying to be offensive to anyone here, and I'm allowed to have my own feelings in regard to what inspires me, not someone else. Other than a one-off or something, I don't really do songs because someone else likes them.

I want to discuss what is in bold here that Axl said as regards to a reunion tour sort of thing.

I can't really understand exactly what he is saying but it sounds to me like, if the music was great, he'd consider it or am I totally reading this wrong?

It is almost cryptic in parts so if someone can help me interpret this, please do so

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #466 on: March 01, 2009, 06:02:40 PM »

Wouldn't you make more money?

If the music was there, meaning new music, I can't say for sure right now -- and there have been market surveys, and various promoters have put together different projections and analysis that in areas where there could be more, it's not enough to sell your soul and live in hell the rest of your life for, that's definitely certain. But that's the catch, right, the music? If I believed in that as a reality which, no offense meant to anyone, I haven't seen anything in all these years to convince me or we'd be doing this interview under different circumstances of some sort, to say the least.

It's not some place I want to be or have any interest in being. If I believed in it in regard to the music, not in direction so much but in how it feels and to what degree, then maybe it'd be another story.
I'm in no way trying to be offensive to anyone here, and I'm allowed to have my own feelings in regard to what inspires me, not someone else. Other than a one-off or something, I don't really do songs because someone else likes them.

I want to discuss what is in bold here that Axl said as regards to a reunion tour sort of thing.

I can't really understand exactly what he is saying but it sounds to me like, if the music was great, he'd consider it or am I totally reading this wrong?

It is almost cryptic in parts so if someone can help me interpret this, please do so

What I got from it is that he would consider it if he really felt the music was right. But for nothing else,

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #467 on: March 01, 2009, 06:05:26 PM »

he is saying its not something he ever wants to do and that he is less than anxious considering the material released by some of the former alumni.

he says slash is a cancer, and that he has no desire to do anything with more than one of any of the other former members at a time.   

there is nothing about a reunion tour in that D, nothing at all.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #468 on: March 01, 2009, 06:08:13 PM »

he is saying its not something he ever wants to do and that he is less than anxious considering the material released by some of the former alumni.

he says slash is a cancer, and that he has no desire to do anything with more than one of any of the other former members at a time.   

there is nothing about a reunion tour in that D, nothing at all.

Yeah but this is in the section of the interview where Del is asking about a reunion and wouldn't he make more money. That last part just totally throws me as I can't quite comprehend what it is he is saying.

The whole, we would be having this interview under different circumstances thing.

its like he doesn't want to, but if the music was right and he felt it, he possibly would.

Maybe I am completely misinterpreting that

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #469 on: March 01, 2009, 06:11:00 PM »

Yeah but this is in the section of the interview where Del is asking about a reunion and wouldn't he make more money. That last part just totally throws me as I can't quite comprehend what it is he is saying.

The whole, we would be having this interview under different circumstances thing.

its like he doesn't want to, but if the music was right and he felt it, he possibly would.

Maybe it's that IF he had seen some music that he could actually get into during all these years, he wouldn't be in the position he is today?

But since he hasn't seen anything in all those years, his position is a firm no.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #470 on: March 01, 2009, 06:51:24 PM »

Maybe it's that IF he had seen some music that he could actually get into during all these years, he wouldn't be in the position he is today?

But since he hasn't seen anything in all those years, his position is a firm no.

/jarmo

I think he left the door open here.  "If" Slash and Duff, Izzy, etc, had some music that was worth the bullshit in Axl's eye, he would reunite for the MUSIC and the MUSIC only, weather or not he likes Slash and Duff.  So if Slash turned in a song like Coma to Axl today, and he was blown away like he was then, I think he would work on it. 
Annie
« Reply #471 on: March 01, 2009, 07:24:36 PM »

Very true. I guess they had to find out for themselves.
I agree and I am proud to be on Team Axl!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #472 on: March 01, 2009, 07:32:48 PM »

I think he left the door open here.  "If" Slash and Duff, Izzy, etc, had some music that was worth the bullshit in Axl's eye, he would reunite for the MUSIC and the MUSIC only, weather or not he likes Slash and Duff.  So if Slash turned in a song like Coma to Axl today, and he was blown away like he was then, I think he would work on it. 

OY FUCKIN VEY!!!  GO READ THE BILLBOARD Q&A!!!  Axl said one of them will die before there's a reunion!!!

maybe Axl was having a bad day

maybe Axl is just sick and tired of all those GNR "fans" that won't accept that there will NEVER be a reunion

maybe Axl hopes that if he says straight out, plain and simple, that "one will die before a reunion would happen" and "he's a cancer" that people will FINALLY STOP spinning that into somehow he's leaving the door open

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #473 on: March 01, 2009, 07:40:40 PM »

I do want to bring one thing up in this fiasco. I just hope that when Guns are inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame in 2012, it doesn't become a Van Halan or Clearance Clearwater type  of drama. It would be extremely disappointing. Hopefully, these issues will be resolved by that time.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #474 on: March 01, 2009, 07:45:32 PM »

I would imagine Axl probably wouldn't show up cause you know Duff,Slash and Adler will definitely show up. Izzy is anybody's guess.

Would be possible i guess for Slash,Duff,Steven to do a song with maybe Chester Bennington or something and maybe Axl perform but I can't really see Axl going for that.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #475 on: March 01, 2009, 08:09:41 PM »

OY FUCKIN VEY!!!  GO READ THE BILLBOARD Q&A!!!  Axl said one of them will die before there's a reunion!!!

I can't believe how naive these slash fans are.   Looking for that one glimour of hope when reality is right there hitting them in the face.

I do want to bring one thing up in this fiasco. I just hope that when Guns are inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame in 2012, it doesn't become a Van Halan or Clearance Clearwater type  of drama. It would be extremely disappointing. Hopefully, these issues will be resolved by that time.
Axl can bring Guns N' Roses to the hall of fame.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #476 on: March 01, 2009, 08:18:26 PM »

what glimmer of hope?

I am just pointing out what he said

one minute he is saying one of them would die first, then he is saying if the music was great enough and now he is saying Slash is a cancer and better removed.................. SO what is he talking about?

A reunion with everybody but Slash? no reunion at all?

They way he writes is very confusing in parts.

Also Jim Bob, Axl isn't the one that determines who makes the hall of fame. They go by who in their opinion made the band what it is and I guarantee the old lineup will be in the Hall of fame. to debate that is just laughable.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #477 on: March 01, 2009, 08:22:40 PM »

what glimmer of hope?

one minute he is saying one of them would die first, then he is saying if the music was great enough and now he is saying Slash is a cancer and better removed.................. SO what is he talking about?

was, as in past tense.  no reunion at all

no more than one alumni involved in a project at a time.   Izzy might show up at a show.   he'd be open to having Duff make an appearance.  Thats it.   Its pretty clear

Also Jim Bob, Axl isn't the one that determines who makes the hall of fame. They go by who in their opinion made the band what it is and I guarantee the old lineup will be in the Hall of fame. to debate that is just laughable.

i'm not debating who gets inducted.  but theres no reason he can't bring GnR on the day GnR is inducted.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #478 on: March 01, 2009, 08:25:24 PM »

what glimmer of hope?

They way he writes is very confusing in parts.

Axl owns the name to GnR !  so how can the former members show up ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #479 on: March 01, 2009, 08:37:59 PM »

It isn't about who owns a name. Its about which artists created the music.

Axl is of course definite
Slash of course
Izzy of course
Duff  of course

Steven  maybe..... that will be one of those questionable ones although he does get co writing credits on all of Appetite.
Dizzy  maybe
Matt...... Doubtful as he had no songwriting credits

The new guys are debatable also because it depends on how they view their contributions.

Paul Huge is possible since he had some writing credits on the early stuff and CD

I say Slash,Duff,Steven do a song with a singer

Then Axl and his band do a song

but, would axl go for the other guys doing a song on the same night?

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: