Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:35:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose Interview With Del James
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose Interview With Del James  (Read 124954 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #440 on: March 01, 2009, 02:03:42 PM »

most the folks who side with slash have already given up on GNR a long time ago.  Theres no reason that Axl speaking on this now should be causing us to divide.
your making my point

Why should Axl dwell on this when he cant win back any substantial public support in the first place?

Thats the thing.. maybe Axl doesn't care what others think?   Especailly if they get all offended that he isn't Slash's biggest fan.  And thats exactly what this is about to the people who are upset by this interview.  

You keep assuming you know whats best for him but you don't know him personally nor do we know his intentions.  Who is he consulting with anyways?  I have no idea how Axl Rose makes his decisions.   All we can say is he's been silent on this issue for the most part while others ran their mouths.   In the last couple months he has been talking more about his side of things.    

Who is asking Axl to be a Slash fan? Who is asking Axl not to tell his side of the story?  Imo, a lenghty, tell all, comeback interview would have allowed Axl to say what he had to say and then move on. Instead we have 3 interviews in a row that have generated the same headlines.....with more to come

Im not expecting Axl to do anything he doesnt want to do. But that doesnt mean what he does is right either.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #441 on: March 01, 2009, 02:08:02 PM »

i dont think its about not letting people speak their minds.

Its about the reason we are here - suppoting the band as fans.  When you allow 100% unrestricted anything goes, thats when the haters find their way here and then every single thread becomes slash/vr/reunion/blame axl bullshit.   Go look at any other GnR board and you'll see what I'm saying.

Who wants the same tired shit in every thread.

Explaining that to these people is a lose-lose situation. They just don't want to get it.

It all comes down to "he banned me because I don't agree with him".

No matter how many rules they broke.

They like to point out how Axl takes no responsibility, and when they get banned themselves for breaking our rules, it's all because I don't agree with them.

No matter how many links to copyrighted material they posted, no matter what they called me or any other poster. What happened to taking responsibility?

The concept that they're basically guests in my house does not register.

It seems to piss them off a lot that I can actually tell them that what they're doing won't go here.

I don't know why.

I guess it hurts their ego when a nerd behind a computer tells them to shut the fuck up or they'll get kicked out.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #442 on: March 01, 2009, 02:09:38 PM »

Im not expecting Axl to do anything he doesnt want to do. But that doesnt mean what he does is right either.

whose to say what is wrong or right?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #443 on: March 01, 2009, 02:14:11 PM »

Exactly.

What seems right to you, might be wrong for me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #444 on: March 01, 2009, 02:15:54 PM »

no one. Its an opinion

bingo.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 02:17:31 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #445 on: March 01, 2009, 02:22:04 PM »

bingo.

So now you see why I disagree with you.

But still you seem to get "upset" that I reply.

No matter if it's about your complaints regarding GN'R or your definition of the word fan.

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #446 on: March 01, 2009, 02:29:15 PM »

I know why you disagree with me. We have differing opinions on many topics. You reply because you disagree with me. And thats fine. I certainly dont get upset

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #447 on: March 01, 2009, 02:34:09 PM »

I hope Axl know how to forgive,

I hope not!
Forgivnes is the drivel of Jesus, having someone die for my deeds isn't something anyone should accept.

Justice and honesty is what matters, it's great to see Axl speaks up and being real at that.

Dark feelings also seems to be a creative force for art.

Aside from all the assorted weirdness on this board and in the interview, I guess I just felt sad, more than anything.

I loved it, haven't had such a rant since...92? Tongue

The negativety of some people here is damn annoying, I admit it too.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #448 on: March 01, 2009, 02:34:29 PM »

no one. Its an opinion

you seem to think you know whats right for Axl, when you haven't the slightest idea.
mECHsLAVE
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #449 on: March 01, 2009, 02:42:02 PM »

Personally, I think if Axl wants to speak about this stuff, he needs to do a real sit-down, video or phone interview.  Not this email interview stuff, where he clearly thinks his answers out over the course of hours, and edits, etc.   That's horseshit.   If you don't care or don't want to be interviewed, cool.   Then don't.   But I must say the way he's doing these cake interviews and email interviews makes him look a little like he's lost it, is scared of being asked tough questions, scared of answering them, or some other kind of paranoia.   That's never been Guns attitude, and never been Axl's way before.   He's never been one to give a lot of interviews, but he's always sat down and been open and honest before.   The vibe he's sending out with these recent interviews is like he has something to hide, or is scared of how it'll come out.   The flip side is Slash will run and leap in front of any operational camera and spill his guts, which can get old and is why he's seen as a media whore, but I'll take it any day over these take home assignment interviews Axl is doing.  I love Axl, but I don't care for that.  
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #450 on: March 01, 2009, 02:45:57 PM »

They would spin it, not sure Axl wanna promote Slash's name so much publicly hihi

And why are some so stuck up the notion that Axl is supposed to be so much better, like above stuff that relates to him?

DemocracyRose
« Reply #451 on: March 01, 2009, 02:47:06 PM »

Personally, I think if Axl wants to speak about this stuff, he needs to do a real sit-down, video or phone interview.  Not this email interview stuff, where he clearly thinks his answers out over the course of hours, and edits, etc.   That's horseshit.   If you don't care or don't want to be interviewed, cool.   Then don't.   But I must say the way he's doing these cake interviews and email interviews makes him look a little like he's lost it, is scared of being asked tough questions, scared of answering them, or some other kind of paranoia.   That's never been Guns attitude, and never been Axl's way before.   He's never been one to give a lot of interviews, but he's always sat down and been open and honest before.   The vibe he's sending out with these recent interviews is like he has something to hide, or is scared of how it'll come out.   The flip side is Slash will run and leap in front of any operational camera and spill his guts, which can get old and is why he's seen as a media whore, but I'll take it any day over these take home assignment interviews Axl is doing.  I love Axl, but I don't care for that.  

Sure he should do a video interview. But this is way better than nothing. Smiley
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #452 on: March 01, 2009, 02:57:13 PM »

Jarmo, in your life, has Axl Rose ever "rubbed" you the wrong way?  And I don't want to hear, "I love Axl for Axl", or "he just speaks his mind", yada, yada, yada... Have you ever been objective and said, "hmmm, not sure what Axl is trying to say there", or "That doesn't really make sense, I call BS".  I am not challenging your fanhood, just curious if all that Axl does is justifiable because he is "AXL FUCKING ROSE", or do you too find some of his actions questionable.  I know everyone makes mistakes, everyone has bad days.. What mistakes or bad days do you think Axl may have had in YOUR eyes.  Is there a single moment you can mention?

It always comes to this with the Slash fans.... You want me to list Axl's mistakes to prove to yourselves that I'm such a big ass kisser because I won't play your game!

Go ahead, see if I fucking care!

The difference is that, yes he's Axl Rose, but I know that he's a human being just like the rest of us. He happens to be very talented, but still a human being.

That kinda helps one understand things.

If something doesn't make sense to me, I either try to understand it or I know for a fact that it makes no sense to me because I'm not Axl Rose!

Each one of us makes decisions based on what we know, think and how we feel etc. I bet the same goes for Axl.

The only difference is that none of us live the life he lives, so understanding how he makes his decisions isn't as easy. How many of us can relate to the life he lives?

Do you often stand in front of thousands of people while putting everything you got into it? Do you put personal things out there for everybody to analyze and judge? Are you pretty much in charge of an international brand?

In my opinion, pointing fingers and "calling bs" when you don't know the reason(s) makes one look like an ignorant fool.

Some are happy to be that ignorant fool. I try not to be.

/jarmo

In America people love America, but many disliked Geoge Bush, or said he made a mistake here and there.

Why were the American's not all on the same team?  They were.  They want what is best for America, regardless of what George Bush thought.  Many George Bush supports acknowledge he made major blunders. 

Lets look at football.  This year the head coach of my favorite team was fired.  I supported this coach every single day he was there because he was my coach, but he made several mistakes. His biggest mistake was going to a radical offense which lead us to a terrible season.  I still respect that coach and he did a lot of great things for my team, but it was time for him to move on.  I now support the new coach, but I know he too will make mistakes. 

I don't know what Slash has to do with this, but since you brought him up, ya, he makes a lot of mistakes too.  He is sorry for how he acted to Axl when VR first started and had said so and has spoken highly of him lately.  He admitted he was wrong. 

Nice work dancing around the question.  I do agree, you need to know why the person does certain things, but doing this interview did nothing good for Axl, so I don't see how its a positive. 

Axl is still my favorite singer ever and he is a brilliant singer, this is just one interview what he said some classless things.  He has the right, and he is Axl Rose, there is nothing for me to understand, they were rude comments.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #453 on: March 01, 2009, 03:13:43 PM »

Wow another fan who's telling Axl what to do ! man oh man.  What's wrong with a website interview ?  NOTHING ! what would be a the diffrence if it was on TV  ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #454 on: March 01, 2009, 03:18:40 PM »

Sure he should do a video interview. But this is way better than nothing. Smiley

thats the problem with some of these poeple.    things dont go exactly the way they want it to so they just complain and say Axl is doing things "wrong"

i dont get it

What GnR fan wouldn't love to see a video interview?
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #455 on: March 01, 2009, 03:20:41 PM »

it was a great read and almost everything in this thread after first post with interview is 'cancer' and should be removed...

-velimir
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #456 on: March 01, 2009, 03:21:46 PM »

I'm getting a kick out of all these grown men crying about stuff that doesn't even relate to them.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #457 on: March 01, 2009, 03:22:15 PM »

but doing this interview did nothing good for Axl, so I don't see how its a positive. 

No? A lot of fans here are happy for him sharing. Is he some public whore for you?

It's like right and wrong?
There is really no absolutes, it's great to see Axl speaks up, many here long wanted in his pov in this. Wink

mECHsLAVE
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #458 on: March 01, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »

Wow another fan who's telling Axl what to do ! man oh man.  What's wrong with a website interview ?  NOTHING ! what would be a the diffrence if it was on TV  ?

Heh.  Are you being serious?   It's like a live test, or a take home test.  One you have to answer on the spot, just being honest, what comes out of your mouth first.   The other, well you can think about it, write it out, have the last word, edit, go back and think about it again, change your mind, etc.   It's night and day.   You like the polished, edited responses, fine.  I don't, that's all I'm saying.   I'd like to see him sit down and answer things live, either over the phone or on video.   It's just a more personal, honest, spontaneous way to be interviewed.    

But then again, now that I'm thinking about it, that just may not be in Axl anymore, sadly.   I mean, we're talking about a guy who edited a "live" album to the point it sounded ridiculous in parts.  Layered, double track vocals, singing lead and background at the same time, on a "live" album.   Some probably think that's cool, too.   I don't.  Sounded pulled-apart and lame as hell, to me.  
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #459 on: March 01, 2009, 03:27:20 PM »

I'm getting a kick out of all these grown men crying about stuff that doesn't even relate to them.

No kidding, It's like life or death to them, Axl said this... OH NO !!! I don't like it.  Then I hear it cause I say " Axl is right and Slash is wrong" then im labeled as a Axl ass kisser.  Sure its ok for Slash fan's to say whatever, once someone says something good about Axl it's just BS to them.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 03:30:02 PM by GNR4L » Logged

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: